Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
sweet, bringing a power drill with masonry bits and a bunch of primer caps. you'd be surprised what a shotgun shell primer can do to a rock.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Finally got around to watching the new season of South Park. Still a pretty good show, I don't get why so many people accuse it of pushing a libertarian agenda when 99% of the time it's really pushing more of a "don't be an rear end in a top hat" message

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Finally got around to watching the new season of South Park. Still a pretty good show, I don't get why so many people accuse it of pushing a libertarian agenda when 99% of the time it's really pushing more of a "don't be an rear end in a top hat" message

Bad news, that means we've gotten to you

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Bad news, that means we've gotten to you

Nah, I've never voted one way or the other too often. I just take a look at candidates in a vacuum and try to pick the one I think will do the best job, regardless of the letter next to his name or disagreements on fringe-area civil disagreements.

Like I don't give a gently caress if gay marriage is legal or not, but I will vote against someone who tries to make being gay illegal or makes it so a gay dude's partner can't see him in the hospital if he's dying. Then again I also think that being able to do something that's a punishment for shoplifting in a lot of other countries isn't really a right worth fighting for in the big picture

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nah, I've never voted one way or the other too often. I just take a look at candidates in a vacuum and try to pick the one I think will do the best job, regardless of the letter next to his name or disagreements on fringe-area civil disagreements.

Like I don't give a gently caress if gay marriage is legal or not, but I will vote against someone who tries to make being gay illegal or makes it so a gay dude's partner can't see him in the hospital if he's dying. Then again I also think that being able to do something that's a punishment for shoplifting in a lot of other countries isn't really a right worth fighting for in the big picture

bigot

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Don't feed me that poo poo, I tip my landscaper

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

10 Pesos != 10 USD, amigo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Booblord Zagats posted:

nice white guilt :jerkbag:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

nice white guilt :jerkbag:

In reality, my landscaping guy is a redneck with a very Italian name. Hearing a dude say "Alfonzo" in a backwoods as gently caress accent owns

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I meant, I'm not sure what the shoplifting reference was, but 99% of actual non-internet-parody-Ronpauljoke-"libertarianism" is just saying "don't be an rear end in a top hat."

The other part of the joke is that I'm not actually Libertarian either but I do play along for kk gags

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

I meant, I'm not sure what the shoplifting reference was, but 99% of actual non-internet-parody-Ronpauljoke-"libertarianism" is just saying "don't be an rear end in a top hat."

The other part of the joke is that I'm not actually Libertarian either but I do play along for kk gags

We're all buddies here. I just like calling you a fascist, SS.

And the shop lifting joke is poorly stolen from Wayne's World 2

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

sweet, bringing a power drill with masonry bits and a bunch of primer caps. you'd be surprised what a shotgun shell primer can do to a rock.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you may be over-estimating the difficulty of looking for stuff there. http://littlerock.about.com/cs/factsfun/a/diamonds.htm
It's mostly baked mud open fields, no major rocks to deal with. i think they'd freak out if primer caps started going off in the field out there.
the fields get plowed every month to pull up fresh dirt.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Dudes who have seen the new godzilla movie: is it good?
Counterpoint: Godzilla movies have a low bar to clear, it's competitors mostly suck.
Gamera, the turtle-godzilla knockoff, has 1 decent kaiju fight..this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3n4Z21jaA

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tuluk posted:

Gamera, the turtle-godzilla knockoff, has 1 decent kaiju fight..this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3n4Z21jaA

http://youtu.be/-7N6TjhFwg8?t=52s

Suck it :colbert:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Gamera got a Special Olympics gold medal for that bar flip.
He's super special.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 19, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
All the Gamera and Godzilla movies on MST3K owned

If you're into those, watch this one, it is funny as poo poo, easily one of the best eps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrexEsjnaUE

E: I mean gently caress just look at that preview pic

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tuluk posted:

Counterpoint: Godzilla movies have a low bar to clear, it's competitors mostly suck.

It's legit good. It's eerily similar in pace and tone to Jurassic Park, although the characters aren't nearly as memorable. Any time Godzilla or the MUTOs are on screen is incredible. The filmmakers really make every one of their appearances something great no matter how fleeting they are. The ending is well-earned. I loved it.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I saw it last night and loved it as well. They did a good job at keeping it tense and keeping the pace going the whole time.

If I ever get tired of living, I will watch it back to back with Pacific Rim and die of the resulting priapism.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

The Rat posted:

I saw it last night and loved it as well. They did a good job at keeping it tense and keeping the pace going the whole time.

If I ever get tired of living, I will watch it back to back with Pacific Rim and die of the resulting priapism.

Nearly every shot of Godzilla or the other creatures there's something of known size to reference just how gigantic they are. It's a really neat trick that conveys that Godzilla is loving hhhhuuuuuuuggeeee.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9boHX-hdhEc

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Back in my hometown, someone painted my niece's name on a water tower, reaffirming just how white trash northern Michigan is. I asked her to get a picture of it, but it apparently really happened and isnt just a dumb jeff foxworthy joke.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Slim Pickens posted:

Back in my hometown, someone painted my niece's name on a water tower, reaffirming just how white trash northern Michigan is. I asked her to get a picture of it, but it apparently really happened and isnt just a dumb jeff foxworthy joke.

I've climbed a water tower to take "shims sister is a whore" off there

But that's bc my gramps was the cop and didn't like me writing it in the first place.

gently caress Jeff Foxworthy

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My sister was dating a 24 year old guy at 16, they were together until she was like 23, and she only left his stupid fat rear end because she found out he had two kids with two separate women while they were dating.

She dropped out of her first college where she had a full ride scholarship to go to some backwater community college to be closer to him, too. I still drop that one on her when she tries to give me life advice

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Your sister is a loving moron.

Is she hot?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fuckin' hell, I got the job at Hooters, and it pays $2/hr better than my current bar.

Shorter shorts and tighter tops. Living the dream.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Shorter shorts and tighter tops. Living the dream.

Did they have your sizes in stock or do you have to special order?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Snowdens Secret posted:

ahahahaha

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
this is the south, of course they have my size

lol fat

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cole posted:

Your sister is a loving moron.

Is she hot?

All my friends would come over to hit on her and she was pretty consistently compared to Keira Knightly when the Pirates movies came out, which would explain why I never thought she was that attractive.

She got her poo poo together eventually. Her husband is a good loving dude and keeps trying to pay me rent for the house I let them live in. I refuse it, since I have them paying utilities and property taxes and won the house outright. They get me a bottle of Johnny Blue every year for Christmas, too

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Snowdens Secret posted:

lmbo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wish there was a trap-neuter-release program for enlisted mooks like Cole.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

All my friends would come over to hit on her and she was pretty consistently compared to Keira Knightly when the Pirates movies came out, which would explain why I never thought she was that attractive.

Didn't you have any better reasons to not think your sister was that attractive

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Snowdens Secret posted:

lol

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Snowdens Secret posted:

She was terrible in the sack.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Snowdens Secret posted:

Oh goddammit

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

tuluk posted:

I'm going to dissent here and say it is very pretty, but also very dumb. All of the humans in the movie are at "Blonde Cheerleader in a Slasher Flick" levels of decision making, and the script is full of holes. I feel like no one who worked on the script has heard normal people talk to each other during a crisis. I liked Pacific Rim better. That said, you should see it, because every minute the monsters are on screen is incredible, shot with care and talent.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm going to dissent here and say it is very pretty, but also very dumb. All of the humans in the movie are at "Blonde Cheerleader in a Slasher Flick" levels of decision making, and the script is full of holes. I feel like no one who worked on the script has heard normal people talk to each other during a crisis. I liked Pacific Rim better. That said, you should see it, because every minute the monsters are on screen is incredible, shot with care and talent.

Careful I said a gif of Godzilla looked like poo poo and now everyone hates me

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Cole posted:

Careful I said a gif of Godzilla looked like poo poo and now everyone hates me

Everyone hated you before that :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Snowdens Secret posted:

this is the south

• Locked thread