Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Drifter posted:

I still don't understand why you'd wear a chest/back protector and not a normal mesh jacket. Oh well. Glad he's alright.

We all just need on of these, I think.

Because it looks totally rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

drat, if I had one of those I'd probably hit a guardrail at 50 MPH just for kicks.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Schroeder91 posted:

Yep. I didn't get a picture, but his helmet was hosed up. Hopefully it will teach our friends to start using helmets, but I somehow doubt it.

When it's your time it's just your time bro~

e: taking a junebug to the eye and crashing a bike at 80 is just god's way of saying it's your time

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Marxalot posted:

When it's your time it's just your time bro~

e: taking a junebug to the eye and crashing a bike at 80 is just god's way of saying it's your time

There was a time that I took a bee to the face when my shield was cracked on a twisty road. Fucker got in between my cheek pad and temple then stung me. Face swelled up hardcore and I almost ate poo poo. Good times.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Schroeder91 posted:

Yep. I didn't get a picture, but his helmet was hosed up. Hopefully it will teach our friends to start using helmets, but I somehow doubt it.

A lesser Forums User would say something like "you need new friends!" but I'll just leave it at "your friends are idiots"

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

BlackMK4 posted:

There was a time that I took a bee to the face when my shield was cracked on a twisty road. Fucker got in between my cheek pad and temple then stung me. Face swelled up hardcore and I almost ate poo poo. Good times.

A bat, I poo poo you not, a bat once flew into my face through my open visor.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Situash: I had to stop moderately quickly at a stop sign, 5 cars back from the actual sign. I was stopped a full second or two when I felt a big hit from behind. My bike flew out from under me as I flipped backwards. I think my eyes closed and I felt my back and shoulder hit the ground. I really think I felt the knox armor I had put in my Revit Airwave jacket compress and cushion my back and shoulder area, which hit the hardest. I don't think my head hit, but I'll bill the insurance for a new lid anyway.

I quickly stood up and tried to figure out if I was hurt. I saw my bike had skidded across the opposite lane of traffic and ended up in the parking lane on the other side. I put my hands on my knees and just kind of breathed heavily, seeing if anything hurt. I crossed the street to my bike, where bystanders encouraged me to not try to move my bike, which was on its side, and to just sit down. The driver that hit me was a young woman who seemed flabbergasted by the whole thing. While feeling the adrenaline rush, I angrily pointed to her and yelled "DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST DO THAT?!" which is basically what I'm still thinking 8 hours later.

Bystanders called 9-1-1, a fire truck and ambulance came (which made me feel really guilty, I didn't want that to happen but am glad first responders would have been there for me if something had been medically wrong with me) and quickly left when I said I was okay. Cops showed up, took report and all that. The driver claimed she was "rubbing her eyes", which I assume means "rubbing her cell phone screen". She hit me hard enough to shoot my bike across a lane of traffic, for pete's sake. She would have slammed into the car in front of me if she didn't hit me. So now I play the wait and see game about how her insurance is going to handle it. "Cool."

Damage report: Surprisingly not so bad, at least for me. My shoulder is sore and weirdly my chest on that side is sore, too, so I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to check things out. Helmet shows no damage, and the jacket shows no damage. I'm glad I got the knox armor upgrade, though. The bike, though, is messed up:

So this doesn't look terrible, but is over $2,000 in plastics and decals and little internal frames that hold the windscreen on and windscreens and mirrors and stator covers. This is not even counting the unobtainable Vance & Hines SuperSport exhaust, which is cracked where the silencer meets the pipe. Most of the plastics and decals aren't even available for purchase, so it's almost certainly just going to be totaled out (I assume).

Takeaways: Always assume everyone else is a complete loving moron who doesn't look in front of them. Not that that would have helped me in any way. I was in the left side of the lane, it was a bright sunshiney day, my taillights work, and my gear is white and silver. Wear your gear and cross your fingers.

I'm mostly just pissed as hell because I had just put in a bunch of hours of my time and money overhauling the forks, fork springs, tires, and brakes.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 19, 2014

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Man that beautiful biek :[

Glad you're okay man, stick it to her insurance for all it's worth!

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

God drat, lucky to get out of that alive. What a loving idiot.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ShaneB posted:

Situash: I had to stop moderately quickly at a stop sign, 5 cars back from the actual sign. I was stopped a full second or two when I felt a big hit from behind. My bike flew out from under me as I flipped backwards. I think my eyes closed and I felt my back and shoulder hit the ground. I really think I felt the knox armor I had put in my Revit Airwave jacket compress and cushion my back and shoulder area, which hit the hardest. I don't think my head hit, but I'll bill the insurance for a new lid anyway.

I quickly stood up and tried to figure out if I was hurt. I saw my bike had skidded across the opposite lane of traffic and ended up in the parking lane on the other side. I put my hands on my knees and just kind of breathed heavily, seeing if anything hurt. I crossed the street to my bike, where bystanders encouraged me to not try to move my bike, which was on its side, and to just sit down. The driver that hit me was a young woman who seemed flabbergasted by the whole thing. While feeling the adrenaline rush, I angrily pointed to her and yelled "DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST DO THAT?!" which is basically what I'm still thinking 8 hours later.

Bystanders called 9-1-1, a fire truck and ambulance came (which made me feel really guilty, I didn't want that to happen but am glad first responders would have been there for me if something had been medically wrong with me) and quickly left when I said I was okay. Cops showed up, took report and all that. The driver claimed she was "rubbing her eyes", which I assume means "rubbing her cell phone screen". She hit me hard enough to shoot my bike across a lane of traffic, for pete's sake. She would have slammed into the car in front of me if she didn't hit me. So now I play the wait and see game about how her insurance is going to handle it. "Cool."

Damage report: Surprisingly not so bad, at least for me. My shoulder is sore and weirdly my chest on that side is sore, too, so I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to check things out. Helmet shows no damage, and the jacket shows no damage. I'm glad I got the knox armor upgrade, though. The bike, though, is messed up:

So this doesn't look terrible, but is over $2,000 in plastics and decals and little internal frames that hold the windscreen on and windscreens and mirrors and stator covers. This is not even counting the unobtainable Vance & Hines SuperSport exhaust, which is cracked where the silencer meets the pipe. Most of the plastics and decals aren't even available for purchase, so it's almost certainly just going to be totaled out (I assume).

Takeaways: Always assume everyone else is a complete loving moron who doesn't look in front of them. Not that that would have helped me in any way. I was in the left side of the lane, it was a bright sunshiney day, my taillights work, and my gear is white and silver. Wear your gear and cross your fingers.

I'm mostly just pissed as hell because I had just put in a bunch of hours of my time and money overhauling the forks, fork springs, tires, and brakes.

gently caress people. gently caress loving people. That is ghastly.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Why is no one ever charged for this poo poo? There's accidents and then there's negligence. Would she have been charged if you had been hurt? Would she have been charged if it was a kid crossing the street she nailed? What if the kid was ATGATT and was fine? Charged then?

Most people can't drive and shouldn't be doing it. That dumb bitch should be in jail right now.

Backov fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 19, 2014

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Went to the doc and I have a busted rib. Blurgh.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Dude. That's loving awful :( I hope you heal up fast, and that insurance covers all of the damage.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That sucks to hear, hope it heals quick. I'm always nervous about the exact type of collision that happened to you, it's so difficult to prepare for or avoid :(.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Elviscat posted:

That sucks to hear, hope it heals quick. I'm always nervous about the exact type of collision that happened to you, it's so difficult to prepare for or avoid :(.

It's essentially impossible unless you want to wear high-vis gear to hopefully stand out more.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

ShaneB posted:

It's essentially impossible unless you want to wear high-vis gear to hopefully stand out more.

I'm convinced you could be wearing a shrieking siren and strobes and it wouldn't keep some people from hitting you. Might even increase the odds in some cases, judging by how often parked copcars get hit.

Hope you get treated well and heal up fast.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Old sport bike plastics and graphics are lol:

3HE-15415-01-00 Generator Cover - $89
3HH-28381-10-00 windshield - $170
3EN-2835U-00-00 panel 1 - $50 (obsolete)
EN-Y283J-T1-GE body front lwr 1 UR SILKY WHITE - $453
3HH-28301-40-00 GRAPHIC SET,LWR CVR - $201 (obsolete)
3HH-28315-40-00 3HH-28315-40-00 EMBLEM - $25 (obsolete)
3HE-28328-71-00 EMBLEM FOR SW - $8
3HE-28356-30-00 STAY 1 - $225
3HE-2835G-00-GE BODY, FRONT UPPER 1 - $385 (obsolete)
HE-26280-00-00 Rear View Mirror Assembly (Left UR WHITE) - $49
3HE-2831W-00-00 Stay, Mirror 1 - $108
3HE-Y2171-K0-GE Cover, Side 1 - $175 (obsolete)
3HH-2173L-40-00 GRAPHIC SET 1 - $115 (obsolete)

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
drat, that blows. Like everybody already said, hope you heal up quick and at least get a chunk of cash out of it.

2 months after my wife got hit and we're still waiting on the dealer to finish working on our 600. Bleh.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
And now we see how a 'real' streetfighter is created.

Sucks you got hit. :(

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm convinced you could be wearing a shrieking siren and strobes and it wouldn't keep some people from hitting you. Might even increase the odds in some cases, judging by how often parked copcars get hit.

Hope you get treated well and heal up fast.

Yes, based on the experiences of my coworkers and friends. Police car driving with lights and sirens goes through a green light and almost gets hit by a car making a left turn. How in gods name someone can miss a police car with lights and sirens driving straight towards them, I will never understand.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

DrakeriderCa posted:

Yes, based on the experiences of my coworkers and friends. Police car driving with lights and sirens goes through a green light and almost gets hit by a car making a left turn. How in gods name someone can miss a police car with lights and sirens driving straight towards them, I will never understand.

I remember reading in a thread a long time ago that a goon cop (or someone related to a cop) called the lights "Bugzappers" or something along those lines, because of their ability to attract drunken drivers. Apparently drunks get a serious case of target fixation from the flashy blue-and-reds (or just blues, depending on where you live) and often times almost ram into the cruisers.

I bet a lot of drivers are completely overwhelmed by the presence of a flashy, loud thing heading their way and lose all ability to focus on anything but the approaching car itself.

Backov posted:

Why is no one ever charged for this poo poo? There's accidents and then there's negligence. Would she have been charged if you had been hurt? Would she have been charged if it was a kid crossing the street she nailed? What if the kid was ATGATT and was fine? Charged then?

Most people can't drive and shouldn't be doing it. That dumb bitch should be in jail right now.

To be honest, as much as I feel for anyone hit by a distracted/inattentive driver, we have to be realistic about the fact that people make mistakes. Stupid, life-ending mistakes sometimes, but mistakes nonetheless. In the US it's a capitalistic society where money means literally everything, and having less money is considered a punishment (by some). I guess what's supposed to happen is that an insured driver makes a mistake, the mistake is costly, and now the insured driver is paying a whole lot more for that same insurance for 3-4 years. In effect, if the driver is bad enough they can no longer be insured or the insurance costs so much they cannot drive as much. In theory, a bad driver should find that driving is so expensive that they can no longer do it, and then instead opt for public transit or other transportation methods.

Does this actually happen? Hahahaha gently caress no. "Daddy's Money" kids and rich people will always find a way out, and if the girl that nearly killed ShaneB actually got in legal trouble, her family would most likely have the wherewithal to keep her from going to prison regardless.

I grew up down the street from a girl who was such a bad driver that her parents' insurance company said they would drop the whole family before allowing her back on the policy again. In effect, she was punished by the system because nobody would insure her to drive, and the family realized quickly that if she were to wreck without insurance, their assets were on the line. Therefore, she lost her car and was driven around by friends all throughout highschool.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
It isn't just rich people. The number of people who just outright drive without licenses, registration, insurance or any of the three is staggering.

I see a lot of third and fourth convictions for driving while unauthorized (criminal) or operating motor vehicle without insurance (fine). And that's a $2875 fine here for the first offence. By the third offence I think it's $4500. But people still do it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Just the other night I got funneled into a license checkpoint. Just stop beside the cop, "may I see your license please?", in my case also check that it had the motorcycle endorsement, "thanks very much sir, move along." They weren't checking insurance or making people do breath tests, just looking for licenses.

They had a LOT of people pulled over to the side getting written up.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Sagebrush posted:

Just the other night I got funneled into a license checkpoint. Just stop beside the cop, "may I see your license please?", in my case also check that it had the motorcycle endorsement, "thanks very much sir, move along." They weren't checking insurance or making people do breath tests, just looking for licenses.

They had a LOT of people pulled over to the side getting written up.

Do you live in Texas or something? I don't think I've ever seen a "license checkpoint".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

San Francisco, California. This specific checkpoint was down towards Mountain View, though, which really explains everything. Mountain View is effectively a Google/Facebook/Apple/Microsoft Research/etc company town: lots of young, fairly sheltered techie yuppie parents with high incomes, and very little of anything else. So the MV police department is extremely well funded yet has nothing to do because nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. A black guy driving through MV in a rusty van is like a 3-cruiser event.

I'm not just making this up, either: enough people notice that you get twitter accounts like this https://twitter.com/MVPoliceBlotter

M42
Nov 12, 2012

CA's the only place I've ever been in a dui checkpoint. And I lived in Boston for 13 years.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ripoff posted:

To be honest, as much as I feel for anyone hit by a distracted/inattentive driver, we have to be realistic about the fact that people make mistakes. Stupid, life-ending mistakes sometimes, but mistakes nonetheless. In the US it's a capitalistic society where money means literally everything, and having less money is considered a punishment (by some). I guess what's supposed to happen is that an insured driver makes a mistake, the mistake is costly, and now the insured driver is paying a whole lot more for that same insurance for 3-4 years. In effect, if the driver is bad enough they can no longer be insured or the insurance costs so much they cannot drive as much. In theory, a bad driver should find that driving is so expensive that they can no longer do it, and then instead opt for public transit or other transportation methods.

Does this actually happen? Hahahaha gently caress no. "Daddy's Money" kids and rich people will always find a way out, and if the girl that nearly killed ShaneB actually got in legal trouble, her family would most likely have the wherewithal to keep her from going to prison regardless.

I grew up down the street from a girl who was such a bad driver that her parents' insurance company said they would drop the whole family before allowing her back on the policy again. In effect, she was punished by the system because nobody would insure her to drive, and the family realized quickly that if she were to wreck without insurance, their assets were on the line. Therefore, she lost her car and was driven around by friends all throughout highschool.

Recently I moved down to LA where my girlfriend's father and her step family live. Her stepsister is the entitled rich girl who has absolutely zero respect for others while on the road. She has totaled at least two cars by now and they keep on gifting her new ones, though they register them in other family member's names. Once when my girlfriend and I were following her somewhere she ran multiple red lights, cut people off constantly, and never once touched her blinker. That isn't even counting all the speeding and "normal" traffic violations. She's an absolute psychopath.

A while back I was really excited that she had finally gotten a DUI because I thought justice would finally be served and maybe she would learn a lesson. She blew a .28 after going clubbing somewhere yet she convinced the entire family that the cops were lying and had altered the results. :jerkbag: Somehow she got out of getting a permanent ding on her license and possibly having her nursing degree suspended. Her mother flew her out to Arizona where she got a license from the Arizona DMV before her California license was revoked. When the California judge revoked her license they didn't check to see if she had one from another state, so she got away clean. Her AZ license won't be expiring for 30 years or so, so she never has to worry about the Arizona DMV realizing they were conned. The judge also ordered that they put a breathalyzer on her truck, so her mom bought her a SUV so that she wouldn't be inconvenienced by only driving sober.

I checked with a friend who is in law enforcement and unless she gets another DUI then she will never face repercussions. Most officers will only check the ID given, which means the clean Arizona license won't bring up the California record. Unless she actually gets arrested the fact that she's been driving illegally will probably never be punished.

tl;dr- If you've got a shitload of money it is really easy to get away with crimes that the rest of society has to suffer from.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Recently I moved down to LA where my girlfriend's father and her step family live. Her stepsister is the entitled rich girl who has absolutely zero respect for others while on the road. She has totaled at least two cars by now and they keep on gifting her new ones, though they register them in other family member's names. Once when my girlfriend and I were following her somewhere she ran multiple red lights, cut people off constantly, and never once touched her blinker. That isn't even counting all the speeding and "normal" traffic violations. She's an absolute psychopath.

A while back I was really excited that she had finally gotten a DUI because I thought justice would finally be served and maybe she would learn a lesson. She blew a .28 after going clubbing somewhere yet she convinced the entire family that the cops were lying and had altered the results. :jerkbag: Somehow she got out of getting a permanent ding on her license and possibly having her nursing degree suspended. Her mother flew her out to Arizona where she got a license from the Arizona DMV before her California license was revoked. When the California judge revoked her license they didn't check to see if she had one from another state, so she got away clean. Her AZ license won't be expiring for 30 years or so, so she never has to worry about the Arizona DMV realizing they were conned. The judge also ordered that they put a breathalyzer on her truck, so her mom bought her a SUV so that she wouldn't be inconvenienced by only driving sober.

I checked with a friend who is in law enforcement and unless she gets another DUI then she will never face repercussions. Most officers will only check the ID given, which means the clean Arizona license won't bring up the California record. Unless she actually gets arrested the fact that she's been driving illegally will probably never be punished.

tl;dr- If you've got a shitload of money it is really easy to get away with crimes that the rest of society has to suffer from.

Certainly sounds like the kind of person you would want sticking a catheter up your urethra.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Her mother flew her out to Arizona where she got a license from the Arizona DMV before her California license was revoked. When the California judge revoked her license they didn't check to see if she had one from another state, so she got away clean. Her AZ license won't be expiring for 30 years or so, so she never has to worry about the Arizona DMV realizing they were conned. The judge also ordered that they put a breathalyzer on her truck, so her mom bought her a SUV so that she wouldn't be inconvenienced by only driving sober.

Report her anonymously to the AZDOT -- they'll revoke your license if you can't prove that you live in the state. From your description of how she drives, I would say that you have an obligation to do anything you can to get her off the road. What if she kills someone driving drunk?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

Report her anonymously to the AZDOT -- they'll revoke your license if you can't prove that you live in the state. From your description of how she drives, I would say that you have an obligation to do anything you can to get her off the road. What if she kills someone driving drunk?

I didn't know that was an option. I've talked to the California DMV multiple times and they said they couldn't do anything about it. She was also using a relative's address in AZ. The relative is dead, so I'm going to try and report her to AZ, hopefully they fix this. Thanks for the tip. I definitely have tried getting her off the road before, I'm not comfortable with her risking the lives of other people. I was in the car with her last week and she (absolutely no exaggeration here) had the phone out for the entire 20 mile drive. Every drat second of it.

Slavvy posted:

Certainly sounds like the kind of person you would want sticking a catheter up your urethra.

She actually believes that magic rocks cure cancer and radiation so I can't believe she passed anyway. She also wants to work in trauma, so if any of us SoCal riders end up in the hospital after a crash there is a non-zero chance she is going to be the one cleaning out our wounds. :shepicide:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
As DrakeRider said (with a Canada caveat), it's not the job of insurance to get rid of bad drivers, it's the job of the courts to pull the license, and the job of Johnny Law to keep unlicensed riders off the streets. If you think judges are being too lenient or are too easily influenced by slick expensive lawyers, it's not the fault of the slick expensive lawyers, it's that the courts are corrupted; judges are often elected officials, somebody in that judicial chain is elected or appointed by an elected official, so feel free to organize to fix it, or even run yourself.

Really though if people aren't convinced what they're doing is wrong, or that they should accept responsibility for their actions, it's drat near impossible to stop them.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I didn't know that was an option. I've talked to the California DMV multiple times and they said they couldn't do anything about it. She was also using a relative's address in AZ. The relative is dead, so I'm going to try and report her to AZ, hopefully they fix this. Thanks for the tip. I definitely have tried getting her off the road before, I'm not comfortable with her risking the lives of other people. I was in the car with her last week and she (absolutely no exaggeration here) had the phone out for the entire 20 mile drive. Every drat second of it.

She actually believes that magic rocks cure cancer and radiation so I can't believe she passed anyway. She also wants to work in trauma, so if any of us SoCal riders end up in the hospital after a crash there is a non-zero chance she is going to be the one cleaning out our wounds. :shepicide:

It's the perfect storm of mind-boggling retardation meshing with the cracks in the system.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
:frogsiren: Tag Holy gently caress :frogsiren:

This is not technically a crash but I don't know where else to even put this story so Crash Test will have to do.

So, I've been trying to buy this EX250 pregen from a friend who said he had one laying around that he'd outgrown. It wasn't heavily used (~3k miles) and had been running 6 months prior before it sat in a garage for a while and he said he'd give it to me for 1000 bucks.

He mentioned to me a couple days ago that because it had sat for so long the old gas was no good and that as a result the engine wasn't running 100%. He mentioned he was going to try and run a fresh tank of gas through it to see if that would help it out.

Anyway so his apartment complex is about 5 minutes from work so I head on over after work. About 3 blocks out I see a firetruck go past, then another, then a third and finally a fourth. So naturally I'm like "drat must have been some accident". About 2 minutes later I get a text: "So uh that bike is on fire"

*record scratch*

I finally find some parking, go meet the guy and then after the firefighters sort it out we go up to check the damage....
(apologies in advance for the lovely dumb instagram pictures, I was mind blown at how lovely things went)

I guess my dad isn't getting his cheap learner bike. :stonk:

Razzled fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 18, 2016

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Haha, holy gently caress, how the hell did it go that badly?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Shimrod posted:

Haha, holy gently caress, how the hell did it go that badly?

I really have no idea. I am equal parts mortified and confused. I'm just glad no one was injured.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A year or two ago some poster's old CB750 (550?) burned up on the side of the road. Anyone remember who that was? I spent a while trying to figure out if I could mount a really small fire extinguisher somewhere on the bike in order to have it with me at all times.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I remember someones bike got torched a while ago.

One of my friends got a Daelim 250 road bike late last year, took it out for his 1st ride and its electrics sparked something and it burnt to a crisp about 2 blocks from his house.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I bought a really nice CB350f that had fire damage due to the PO trying to adjust points despite the sticky floats peeing gas all over the place. It was in nearly perfect shape aside from the center of the bike being charred :(

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
Off topic for CA, but a friend of mine came back from a round of golf to find fire-fighters damping down what was once his car, along with the two either side of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo dude, that is :stonk: Hope your friend has good insurance!

• Locked thread