Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I loving hate the horse head meme. Hope the dude that originally made it so popular on that short lived Yahoo cam portal died a slow, horrible death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Orgophlax posted:

I loving hate the horse head meme. Hope the dude that originally made it so popular on that short lived Yahoo cam portal died a slow, horrible death.

I saw Beck wear a horse head in concert, back in December 1996. You could probably blame him?

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Orgophlax posted:

Wow, you're angry.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

You know you can just request jifs here, no need to be all subtle about it :)

e: gently caress u mine's bigger, i'm leaving it

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Chard posted:

e: gently caress u mine's bigger, i'm leaving it

Fair enough, so have this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AYa5a9nLE

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Robert Denby posted:

OK, I need to see "The Ice Pirates".

Yes, you do. Where else are you going to see Anjelica Huston remove someone's head with a sword, or see an automated assembly line that turns men into eunuchs?

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Chard posted:

horse head masks

time to post my fav YouTube video

:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDPTKn7HiY:nws:

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

i like spastic hawk most :gbsmith:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
So did you guys know "Phantom Meance" came out fifteen years ago today?

Return of the Jedi

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Robert Denby posted:

I still think Darth Maul was cool. Maybe it's because he didn't really speak that much or have an actual plot of any kind.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MikeJF posted:

Greedo shot first in 1997.

In any case I'm not really talking about edits or additions, just the idea of redoing the existing model composites. It could be spectacular.

Not gif content, but this is the result of TNG's 1992 vs 2012 both using the same bluescreen footage. Digital compositing is light years better.

Sorry I'm getting quite off-topic here.

IIRC the original effects shots degraded so badly as to be completely unusable.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Haruharuharuko posted:

Have this playing in the background it helps immensely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1MkNKvF7x4

SCHULTZ!!!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This song is pretty decent. Video rules, outside of the chainsaw use at the beginning. :colbert:

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Thanks Robert Denby, I am going to watch some star wars and get drunks doing it.

Also I am always impressed by your fine Gifwork, whatever the context.

EDITZ : Not the prequels sorry Palpek

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Palpek posted:

I still think Darth Maul was cool. Maybe it's because he didn't really speak that much or have an actual plot of any kind.

Darth Maul was rad, Podracers were rad, clone armies were rad, Liam Nissan was rad, lava duels were rad. Sorry, but being a kid for the Prequels was awesome. Old people :getout:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Robert Denby posted:

I did, because my 19th birthday party (legal adult/drinking age here) was at the midnight screening. I watched Jar Jar Binks do stupid racist poo poo instead of go to a strip club.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

leidend posted:

I did, because my 19th birthday party (legal adult/drinking age here) was at the midnight screening. I watched Jar Jar Binks do stupid racist poo poo instead of go to a strip club.

And it was so bad, you vowed never to turn 19 again.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Oh man thanks. This shot is one of my favorites, along with the one of that ship with the foldy-wings (Vader's personal ship? The Emperor's? I dunno) taking off from the base on Endor in Return of the Jedi.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

kinmik posted:

Oh man thanks. This shot is one of my favorites, along with the one of that ship with the foldy-wings (Vader's personal ship? The Emperor's? I dunno) taking off from the base on Endor in Return of the Jedi.

It's awesome that they did so much of these with miniatures and models and stuff.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

An underrated treasure of a movie. Why did we ever fall out of love with Norm MacDonald?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm sure it makes me a bad person, but I actually liked this cartoon.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

What do I have to do to have this done to my subaru outback? :getin:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Star Wars

Palpek posted:

I'd have to agree. That's like the one bright spot of the prequels for me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

This is the coolest kid at his school

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

Jamesman posted:

An underrated treasure of a movie. Why did we ever fall out of love with Norm MacDonald?

Well...

and

last one

PS. Love the cabin has a new favorite as of 03:00 on May 20, 2014

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

Jamesman posted:

It always seemed to me that Norm wouldn't play by Hollywood's rules, telling jokes that even to this day are still considered uncomfortable, and his relentless assault against celebrities he believed to be lovely people, especially Michael Jackson and O.J. Simpson. Plus the notoriety over his firing from SNL has given him kind of a crappy and undeserved reputation.

Apparently he's campaigning to be Craig Ferguson's replacement.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tracula posted:

I love you :allears: Although Adventure Time did another example of this with Marceline doing a slide away from the camera on all fours. Add that and it'll be perfect.

:tipshat:

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

bucksmash posted:

It always seemed to me that Norm wouldn't play by Hollywood's rules, telling jokes that even to this day are still considered uncomfortable, and his relentless assault against celebrities he believed to be lovely people, especially Michael Jackson and O.J. Simpson. Plus the notoriety over his firing from SNL has given him kind of a crappy and undeserved reputation.

He was fired because he wasn't funny he kept making fun of Lorne Michael's bestie O.J Simpson.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PS. Love the cabin posted:

He was fired because he wasn't funny he kept making fun of Lorne Michael's bestie O.J Simpson.

It wasn't Lorne Michaels, it was some other NBC executive.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nknAzQPHE

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

There is nothing else upon this Earth that inspires such terror and the gaping, belching maw of a flamethrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

There is nothing else upon this Earth that inspires such terror and the gaping, belching maw of a flamethrower.

Thank God they are banned.

• Locked thread