Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Played my first drafts today, didn't know what I was doing in the first one (just bad synergy), second draft I get a sweet mono-blood deck, but run out of clock time, because my loving pump guy eats clock time like crazy, and despite having no stops on my opponent's turn, I'd still lose about 20 seconds a turn. He had 2 minutes left, I had none, and it was still game 1.

Multiple flock of seagulls with the +1/+1 to fliers enchantment, and my Murder was in the bottom 3 cards of my deck apparently, since I never drew it. Rather disappointing.

I have a couple of draft tickets. I have the $500 (Grand King?) tier - do I get a ticket a week, or do I just get a free, no-ticket-required draft once a week? I don't recall if both of my drafts cost me tickets or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

You'll get a ticket a week.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know they closed slacker backer closed back in April, did they add a new way to buy in at all.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know they closed slacker backer closed back in April, did they add a new way to buy in at all.

I believe right now it's totally closed, unfortunately.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

You can sign up to maybe get a beta key on https://www.hextcg.com , but that's about it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there any resource with an up-to-date card list? The first few results on google are incredibly out-of-date, and the image files in the game folder are small and hard to read.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there any resource with an up-to-date card list? The first few results on google are incredibly out-of-date, and the image files in the game folder are small and hard to read.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Be aware that the card images are sometimes out of date, but the text descriptions are good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh thanks, I assumed that one was out of date when I failed to find a specific blood card, without realizing it wasn't actually sorted by color.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
More hex closed beta keys:

http://www.esl.eu/eu/new_games/news/242783/

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh, gently caress yes, thanks for the heads up!

edit: uh, how do I download the client? Login in the webpage only gives me a screen that tells me that I'm flagged for beta, but I can't do anything else.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 19, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Great timing, thanks. I gather I'll have to pay if I want to draft at all?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Yeah, draft costs $1.00 plus three packs @ $2.00 each. No auction house or trading yet so the only way to buy packs is directly from the game client.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ok managed to download the client by changing the url, but now I'm stuck at updating (keeps retrying to download filelist.txt)

Any idea what it could be?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I think gameforge's servers took a dump, so you might be caught in the middle of that. Wait a couple hours and see if they unfuck it.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Fixed it, looks like I got the alpha client somehow and that was obviously no good.

I grabbed the orc starting deck! Not 100% happy but I guess it works. Payed for VIP since it's such a fantastic deal, and I can already see me spending way too much money on this, awesome.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Fixed it, looks like I got the alpha client somehow and that was obviously no good.

I grabbed the orc starting deck! Not 100% happy but I guess it works. Payed for VIP since it's such a fantastic deal, and I can already see me spending way too much money on this, awesome.

What does VIP do anyways?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Once the Auction House comes up, you'll likely be able to get a playset of the entire Set 1 commons and uncommons for a few bucks, so I would probably wait until then before, unless you want to spend money on drafts.

If you ask in chat, I bet people will play you with other starters or pauper decks, if you want to have something on a similar power level.

e: ^VIP is a 4 bucks a month, for a pack a week. Also, there will be monthly VIP only tournaments. So, basically just a $1 pack a week.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
Finally cashed in my Collectors Tier and started to play. Is there a way to change your password or am I just an idiot?

Also do they not support a 2560x1400 resolution? Just making sure I'm not overlooking stuff!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You have to change your password via the hextcg website; click Forgot Password on https://hextcg.com/hex-registered/

Grim fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 20, 2014

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Cory posted the statement. It's basically what you'd expect; the lawsuit has no merit, can't go into details on an internet forum, will fight, etc etc.

Edit: apparently that was the informal statement; this is the official version.

inklesspen fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 20, 2014

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
It also looks like all backers are getting a key to give away. Is there anyone lurking that is looking for one?

gredgie
Dec 9, 2012

Is there any in this rout
with authority to treat with me?
Surely Cryptozoic must find some merit to it all? I mean, the core game is basically a slightly reworded MTG.
Hex does a lot of things in its capacity as a digital TCG, but... it does borrow a lot from MTG.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

gredgie posted:

Surely Cryptozoic must find some merit to it all? I mean, the core game is basically a slightly reworded MTG.
Hex does a lot of things in its capacity as a digital TCG, but... it does borrow a lot from MTG.

There are a lot of similarities but at this stage of things they can't really admit that. Remember, there's a big difference between "this game is a knockoff" and "this game is a legally actionable knockoff."

I would like to see CZE's Answer but I imagine that'll take a few more weeks.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Remember, there's a big difference between "this game is a knockoff" and "this game is a legally actionable knockoff."

This is the biggest thing. Regardless of any similarities, CZE obviously seem confident in the decisions they made, and that when presented to a court they will come out in the right. Time will tell, but I've got my fingers firmly crossed for them.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There are a lot of similarities but at this stage of things they can't really admit that. Remember, there's a big difference between "this game is a knockoff" and "this game is a legally actionable knockoff."

I would like to see CZE's Answer but I imagine that'll take a few more weeks.

This is truth. I've just tuned anyone who doesn't claim to have some sort of legal education out. When things are complicated enough that people with training and experience say they aren't sure how things will shake out I see no reason to listen to anyone else.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

gredgie posted:

You don't say "yeah we totally agree with them but we think we ripped them off just below the arbitrary rip off threshold" in public communications about your legal case.

e: so as a grand king, I get a free draft ticket a week for life, or am I getting a full free draft (3 packs plus ticket?) Because if it's the first one, I feel kind of ripped off for my five hundo.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Sigma-X posted:

You don't say "yeah we totally agree with them but we think we ripped them off just below the arbitrary rip off threshold" in public communications about your legal case.

e: so as a grand king, I get a free draft ticket a week for life, or am I getting a full free draft (3 packs plus ticket?) Because if it's the first one, I feel kind of ripped off for my five hundo.

The draft "ticket" includes the cost of the booster packs. It's a full free draft.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

It's the latter. You get the packs and the entry fee provided with your weekly draft ticket.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
oh sweet, so if I cracked some of my packs to try to build a reasonable deck I wouldn't be loving myself in the future?

e: or I could dump like $20 into Hex and draft 20 times this week

e2: oh god I'm already thinking this way this game will eat all my dollars

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Sigma-X posted:

oh sweet, so if I cracked some of my packs to try to build a reasonable deck I wouldn't be loving myself in the future?

e: or I could dump like $20 into Hex and draft 20 times this week

At this point I wouldn't open any packs until the auction house is up, unless you are using those packs for drafting.

That's pretty awesome they are giving beta keys out to everyone, that's going to double the player base minus however many codes go unused.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Guess I spoke too soon, either the website above is a scam from the get go or they ran out of keys quickly and didn't bother to code anything for running out.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Guess I spoke too soon, either the website above is a scam from the get go or they ran out of keys quickly and didn't bother to code anything for running out.

Nah, it works, but you have to make an account on their site and then access the page while logged in. (The error message if you don't is completely useless.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

katkillad2 posted:

At this point I wouldn't open any packs until the auction house is up, unless you are using those packs for drafting.

That's pretty awesome they are giving beta keys out to everyone, that's going to double the player base minus however many codes go unused.

Different strokes. I cracked a bunch of packs and I haven't regretted it. I have some reasonably solid decks to dick around with.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
I think cracking a few packs is fine. I got in at king and cracked until I had 100 packs left. That is enough packs for me to draft forever while also enough cards opened that I have a better idea what I should aim for when rare drafting, and later on trading.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've opened about 100 packs because I keep doing a few at a time, plus all the drafts and stuff I've done - I've only managed to put together a playset of commons (though will have the playset of uncommons soon) point is people should wait until the Auction House is up for deckbuilding stuff rather than opening all their packs

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I opened around 80 packs and had plenty of stuff to build a solid control deck.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Anyone have the link to the goon HEXer doc? I noticed it's not linked in the OP (which should be amended when we track it down) alongside the draft-tracker document.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

inklesspen posted:

Nah, it works, but you have to make an account on their site and then access the page while logged in. (The error message if you don't is completely useless.)

I did, the website assigns me '-999' as a serial number. Couple other people on the site seem to be having the issue too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I did, the website assigns me '-999' as a serial number. Couple other people on the site seem to be having the issue too.

I'm pretty sure that website ran out of keys a few minutes after that link was posted here. Maybe a kind goon will give you one of their keys tonight when/if they send them out.

• Locked thread