Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

FairGame posted:

2.) Evan Longoria

I don't really want to give up anything excellent/elite for obvious reasons and I don't have many deadballers, but I'm interested in him if there's anything else you would want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ToiletofSadness posted:

But until then, I think basically my whole roster is up for sale for some earlier draft picks in the 2nd round. I'd prefer to keep Charleston/Paige for the moment, because I doubt there will be anything left on the draft board that approaches their potential value. I'd be willing to move Tris Speaker either for someone more suited to play the corner OF with more HR power or a decent hitting 3B that would allow me to move Alomar out of the lineup until he can fix himself. Third option: a better C than Joe Torre, which would allow me to put Torre at 3B and Frisch at 2B.

1989 Bonds & your choice of 1965 Mathews, 1973 Schmidt, 1970 Dick Allen, 1929 Pie Traynor or 1999 Wade Boggs for Speaker & Alomar.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

oldskool posted:

1989 Bonds & your choice of 1965 Mathews, 1973 Schmidt, 1970 Dick Allen, 1929 Pie Traynor or 1999 Wade Boggs for Speaker & Alomar.

If you're looking for a center fielder/2B, I'll offer '65 Mickey Mantle and '10 Dustin Pedroia just for Bonds.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Looking at my team, I'm actually scoring plenty of runs--over 5 per game, on average. The larger problem is that my pitching is loving horrific, I think second only to the Dinger Temple-dwelling Llamas. And that just won't do.

I'm a little worried about the offense keeping up (Musial won't last the whole season, and Rickey in CF won't either), but I should probably address the pitching first.

Meaning any move involving a starter needs to have one come back. That's probably doable for you if I'm moving Roberts. Probably less doable if I'm moving Walsh, who I view as an elite starter (even if he is loving terrible this year for some reason).

Aaaaaanyway...

ToiletofSadness posted:

But until then, I think basically my whole roster is up for sale for some earlier draft picks in the 2nd round. I'd prefer to keep Charleston/Paige for the moment, because I doubt there will be anything left on the draft board that approaches their potential value. I'd be willing to move Tris Speaker either for someone more suited to play the corner OF with more HR power or a decent hitting 3B that would allow me to move Alomar out of the lineup until he can fix himself. Third option: a better C than Joe Torre, which would allow me to put Torre at 3B and Frisch at 2B.

Does Longoria do anything for you? He was great last year. Been...kind of disappointing so far this year, though the power's there, at least.

oldskool posted:

1904 Falkenberg has been good to me. I guess 1922 Alexander could be available if enough of those parts you're offering were included.

And multiple excellent relievers, hello there. 1984 Eckersley. 2000 Percival. 1985 Reardon.

Make me an offer, I guess, given what I specified at the top.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I'm willing to put up Mel Ott or Tris Speaker and I am interested in Walsh, Roberts and McCovey and/or Dick Allen, though mostly the pitching.

McCovey and Allen alone don't warrant Ott or Speaker (or at least, they shouldn't, in my estimation). Meaning for me to get one of them I'd need to include a pitcher. And as I said, if I include a pitcher, I need to get one back. You've got shitloads of deadball dudes. Who do you want to part with?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

TheMcD posted:

Kuenn sounds pretty good to me - how old is he?

Can't remember, I'll check in a bit when I get home, should be on my roster on my computer.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Once again, while you guys are attempting to rape one another, I will go ahead and put the majority of my team up for trade. Not Cobb though. That means Walter Johnson, and a prime Eddie Mathews are available. Make me an offer that won't break my heart, and remember that just because their numbers aren't good this season doesn't mean I'm just gonna trade them for your scrap heap.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

cbx posted:

Once again, while you guys are attempting to rape one another, I will go ahead and put the majority of my team up for trade. Not Cobb though. That means Walter Johnson, and a prime Eddie Mathews are available. Make me an offer that won't break my heart, and remember that just because their numbers aren't good this season doesn't mean I'm just gonna trade them for your scrap heap.

no wait don't trade them yet we still have the tag team tourney to go through.

That's the only reason I haven't traded away Ott yet.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Fairgame posted:

After the game, FairGame mocked his opponent, "As the Ombudsman of this league, I have something that I need to bring to Smasher Dynamo's attention. It is simply too unrealistic to think that a man, given two Babe Ruths, could make a team as bad as the Colliders. No, theacox's total incompetence is simply incredible, both in the sense of the staggering nature of his failures, but also because it simply cannot be believed. It is clear that, just like so many other things in the Super-League, that theacox is exaggerating his cretinous nature for comedic purposes, and that sort of comedy has no place in the Super-League. The most important part of the Super-League is its verssimilitude, and everytime something like this happens, it hurts the league. Smasher Dynamo, I call on you to reprimand theacox for his actions. No one could possibly as stupid as him, and the Super-League must forever reside in the land of the 'possible'."

Did...did I get beaten and then berated by the commish's ghost-written evil minion? :gurf:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

cbx posted:

Are you asking for anything in particular? I'd be interested in Big Train, as well as Old Hoss and Bunning Numero Tres.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Pash posted:

Can't remember, I'll check in a bit when I get home, should be on my roster on my computer.

Stop delaying your pick and pick Blyleven already :v:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

TheMcD posted:

Kuenn sounds pretty good to me - how old is he?

He is from 1956, so hes 25.

If thats okay with you I will propose the trade:

Slime Knights Send:
1956 Harvey Kuenn

Wizards send:
Rick Reuschel 1987

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Monicro posted:

Are you asking for anything in particular? I'd be interested in Big Train, as well as Old Hoss and Bunning Numero Tres.

Monicro posted:

22:03 miguel cabrera is dumb and lame and i hope hes bad forever now

Go gently caress yourself, sir. You get nothing and are forever shunned.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The Slime Knights Draft Hank Aaron 1960.

Pander is on the Clock.

Draft Spreadsheet

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

cbx posted:

I'm still interested in Jimmie Foxx, if you're willing. I'd say something like two of '21 Harry Heilmann, '67 Joe Torre, and '36 Paul Waner for him. I'd suggest Heilmann and Torre, since Torre's a good starting-quality catcher and Heilmann can replace Foxx at first.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Okay, Roster changes:

Andre Dawson and Jeff "Noted rear end in a top hat" Heath to the minors. Call up George Kell to sit on the bench.

Rotation:
SP 1: Waddell
SP 2: Blyleven
SP 3: Bender
SP 4: Perry
SP 5: Santana

With Radke up at LRP.

Batting Orders:
No DH Vs RHP
1 Billy Hamilton CF
2 Harry Heilmann RF
3 Joe Mauer C
4 Hank Aaron LF
5 Willie Wells SS
6 Jim Thome 1B
7 Ryne Sandberg 2B
8 Scott Rolen 3B
9 Pitcher

No DH Vs LHP
1 Harry Heilmann 1B
2 Joe Mauer C
3 Hank Aaron LF
4 Willie Wells SS
5 Jose Canseco RF
6 Ryne Sandberg 2B
7 Kirby Puckett CF
8 Scott Rolen 3B
9 Pitcher

With DH vs RHP
1 Billy Hamilton DH
2 Harry Heilmann RF
3 Joe Mauer C
4 Hank Aaron LF
5 Willie Wells SS
6 Jim Thome 1B
7 Ryne Sandberg 2B
8 Kirby Puckett CF
9 Scott Rolen 3B

With DH Vs RHP
1 Billy Hamilton DH
2 Harry Heilmann 1B
3 Joe Mauer C
4 Hank Aaron LF
5 Willie Wells SS
6 Jose Canseco RF
7 Ryne Sandberg 2B
8 Kirby Puckett CF
9 Scott Rolen 3B

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Salem Witches

Seeing as Al Lopez is a walking zombie, I sacrifice him to summon 1938 Bill Dickey and IMMEDIATELY slot him into catcher.

edit: and since you fuckers can't keep up with etiquette spread sheet is located here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Since he's a dumb jerk who forgot to post it in the thread, Pander picked noted Centaur Alex Rodriguez 06. nvm, forums goof.

Archie Goodwin and the Mulholland Gumshoes are up.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 20, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also hey, I AM BUYING PICKS, give me a pick guys who are ahead of me and I will at least offer Nolan Ryan, who is doing inexplicably bad for me but will likely do better for you!

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

I'm still interested in Jimmie Foxx, if you're willing. I'd say something like two of '21 Harry Heilmann, '67 Joe Torre, and '36 Paul Waner for him. I'd suggest Heilmann and Torre, since Torre's a good starting-quality catcher and Heilmann can replace Foxx at first.

That's not a bad offer. Heilmann's a little light on power for 1B though. I'll think about it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Corruption draft A-Rod, 2006 vintage.

Immediately insert him into the 3B slot vs LHP, 1B vs RHP.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Pander posted:

holy crap I put send on this like an hour ago.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

It's the obvious move but needs to be said anyway: plug Matlack in at SP1 and send Brown down.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

CraigK posted:

BIG SHELL METAL GEARS are trading 1970 Joe Torre AND our third rounder for another draft pick in the first round!

I am fully seized of the depths of your despair, and so shall agree to this with the current Syndicate pick despite the blow in overall value.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

The Merry Marauder posted:

I am fully seized of the depths of your despair, and so shall agree to this with the current Syndicate pick despite the blow in overall value.

Sweet, I agree.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
BIG SHELL DRAFTS 1967 BOB GIBSON FOR DOUBLE GIBBY ACTION

NEW LINEUP: NOW WITH PLATOONSTM

C: 1997 Mike Piazza
1B: 1970 Dick Allen (vs lefties)/2008 Mark Tiexiera (vs. righties)
2B: 1966 Joe Morgan
3B: 2008 Chipper Jones (vs lefties) / 1985 Pants-Shitter (vs. righties)
SS: 1924 Joe Sewell
LF: 1992 Rickey Henderson (vs. lefties)/Goose Goslin (vs. righties)
CF: 1976 Cesar Cedeno (vs. lefties)/1966 Jim Wynn (vs. righties)
RF: Rusty Staub The Elder

V. RHP

1966 Joe Morgan
Goose Goslin
1997 Mike Piazza
2008 Mark Tiexiera
1966 Jim Wynn
Rusty Staub
1924 Joe Sewell
1985 He Who Shall Not Be Named Else He Will Ground Out To Short
pitcher's spot

V. LHP

1966 Joe Morgan
1976 Cesar Cedeno
1997 Mike Piazza
1970 Dick Allen
1992 Rickey Henderson
2008 Chipper Jones
Rusty Staub
1924 Joe Sewell
pitcher's spot

ROTATION
1967 Bob Gibson
1970 Bob Gibson
1970 Steve Carlton
2008 Tim Hudson
Urban Shocker
Bullpen is same as before.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 20, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pash posted:

He is from 1956, so hes 25.

If thats okay with you I will propose the trade:

Slime Knights Send:
1956 Harvey Kuenn

Wizards send:
Rick Reuschel 1987

Accepted.

Roster moves: Greg Gilkey gets dropped off the roster in favor of Harvey Kuenn '56. Kuenn then gets stuck on the bench, switching with Reggie Jackson.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Dunn in for Simmons at LF, McDowell back in for Tesreau. Swap Dunn and RNG God in the batting order.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

cbx posted:

That's not a bad offer. Heilmann's a little light on power for 1B though. I'll think about it.

Does McCovey do anything for you? Vastly lower OBP and AVG, but he will hit for power. I'd happily hop in on a three-way deal where I get Heilmann and you get McCovey...

Pharmas Moves

Whatever trades/draft pick I make, it won't be in time for today's sim, so I should fix some stuff:

1.) Straight swap of Honeycutt for Cingrani
2.) Hartsel to the deepest depths of the minors; Molitor called up
3.) Lineup Changes:

1.) O'Neill, LF
2.) Ramirez, SS
3.) Olerud, 1B
4.) Musial, RF
5.) Longoria, 3B
6.) Fisk, C (Burgess remains PC for #5 starter)
7.) McCovey/Allen DH Platoon
8.) Alomar, 2B
9.) Hunter, CF

End Moves

Thank you.

Oh, and McFreeze: I can write today if you send me screenshots.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Slime Knights

To account for the trade Call Larkin up to the bench, Send Radke Down to the minors, Plug in ancient Reuschel in at SP 5 (lets see what he can do) and send Santana back to LRP.

Sorry about the plethora of roster moves McFreeze.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Pander posted:

crap I meant 3B slot vs RHP, 1B vs LHP.

Fuckit I"ll just post a full roster update in a bit.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

Does McCovey do anything for you? Vastly lower OBP and AVG, but he will hit for power. I'd happily hop in on a three-way deal where I get Heilmann and you get McCovey...

No, not for giving up Walter Johnson or Jimmie Foxx. I've used McCovey before, he's not exactly the player my team needs in order to correct this horrible trend.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

cbx posted:

No, not for giving up Walter Johnson or Jimmie Foxx. I've used McCovey before, he's not exactly the player my team needs in order to correct this horrible trend.

What year is foxx?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have a '62 Willie McCovey I could trade if anyone is interest. Hits dingers but K's a lot.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Week 10 Injury Report

CERN Colliders
Joe Adcock (1B/LF) (Adcock-blocked) - Out for Season

Oklahoma City Bombers
Deacon Phillippe (SP) (Asked the wrong questions) - 21 days

Rochester Generics
Luis Tiant (SP) (Rochester) - 10 days

Zombie Llamas
Mike Timlin (RP) (Ruth to SP? How does Timlin to DL strike you!) - 12 days

Pick 'em: In the Long-Run, we're all relegated

Intercontinental, Heavyweight and Larkin-Downing Championships
CERN Colliders @ Phildelphia Premodernists (c)

Hardcore and Television Championships
Glastonbury Knights @ South Bolton Eazy W's (c)

Canadian Championship
Fhloston Pharmas (c) @ Oklahoma City Bombers

United States Championship
Coburns (c) @ Rockford Losers

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Canadian Championship

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

CFBalla's Pick 'Em posted:

Canadian Championship

It's time for the Coburns to finally lose that title, I feel.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CERN Colliders @ Philadelphia Premodernists (c)

Canadian Championship

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Canadian Championship

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Bombers take, all others retain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Canadian Championship