Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

quote:

THE MULTIVERSITY #1
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
1:10 B&W Variant cover by IVAN REIS
1:25 Variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
1:50 Variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
1:100 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
Blank variant cover available
On sale AUGUST 20 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with six covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The biggest adventure in DC’s history is here!
Join visionary writer Grant Morrison, today’s most talented artists, and a cast of unforgettable characters from 52 alternative Earths of the known DC Multiverse! Prepare to meet the Vampire League of Earth-43, the Justice Riders of Earth-18, Superdemon, Doc Fate, the super-sons of Superman and Batman, the rampaging Retaliators of Earth-8, the Atomic Knights of Justice, Dino-Cop, Sister Miracle, Lady Quark, the legion of Sivanas, the Nazi New Reichsmen of Earth-10 and the latest, greatest Super Hero of Earth-Prime: YOU!
Comprising six complete adventures – each set in a different parallel universe – plus a two-part framing story and a comprehensive guidebook to the many worlds of the Multiverse, THE MULTIVERSITY is more than just a multipart comic-book series. It’s a cosmos spanning, soul-shaking experience that puts YOU on the frontline in the Battle for All Creation against the demonic destroyers known as the Gentry!
In issue #1, pencilled by superstar artist Ivan Reis (AQUAMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE), President Superman of Earth-23 uncovers a threat to all Reality so apocalyptic it will take a team of incredible heroes from across the Multiverse to face it – including Captain Carrot, like you’ve never seen him before!
But even with a multitude of alternate worlds to choose from, where every variation is possible, can anyone hope to prevail against the onslaught of ultimate evil and undying hatred – in the unstoppable form of a one-time cosmic defender with unimaginable powers?! Join us, if you dare, for the beginning of THE MULTIVERSITY!

:allears: :dance: :wave: ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I am not a Grant Morrison fan please don't shove me in a locker but I read the words "Dino-Cop" in that solicit so gently caress it I'll give it a shot.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

The phrase "Captain Carrot! like you've never seen him before!" Should not excite me as much as it does

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Superboy is being cancelled? Well I guess we know that Jon doesn't get healed up and probably dies now. Which isn't that bad since he's a murdering psychopath.

I'd normally be upset about the cancellation but they've run the character so thoroughly into the ground that I think it's basically impossible to recover at this point.

I.....I think I'm done with DC comics now. Finally.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

TwoPair posted:

Honestly I am not a Grant Morrison fan please don't shove me in a locker but I read the words "Dino-Cop" in that solicit so gently caress it I'll give it a shot.

Honestly I've been less than impressed with Morrison's work post Final Crisis so I'm hoping this is more of a return to his Seven Soliders quality work than say Happy. Especially given the murders row of talent on board (even though I think it's wasting Quitely to put him on a faux Watchmen book).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Catwoman has the Venom symbiote now?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

hup posted:

The phrase "Captain Carrot! like you've never seen him before!" Should not excite me as much as it does

From the DC solicits page on ComicsAlliance. I kind of hope Morrison's going to use Captain Carrot as a pisstake grimdark character.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wasn't the point of Flashpoint to get rid of DCs multiverse?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, I hope the exact opposite. I don't want to deal with stupid ironic grimdark Captain Carrot.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't know how you could even read grimdark from that pic.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

KomradeX posted:

Wasn't the point of Flashpoint to get rid of DCs multiverse?
No? You may have noticed that one of the primary titles in the new52 is called Earth 2 and takes place on a parallel world. Flashpoint was all about shaking things up, but eliminating the multiverse was never part of that. Now, how much of that original multiverse made it past the reboot is up for writers to figure out.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 20, 2014

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Waterhaul posted:

Honestly I've been less than impressed with Morrison's work post Final Crisis so I'm hoping this is more of a return to his Seven Soliders quality work than say Happy. Especially given the murders row of talent on board (even though I think it's wasting Quitely to put him on a faux Watchmen book).

I'm actually excited to see Quitely bring out all his visual story telling tricks for the faux Watchmen book, but it's all a waste of his talent until he does that book of short stories set in Glasgow that he showed off at Morrisoncon.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

I don't know how you could even read grimdark from that pic.

Their faces are in shadow, your point of view is cowering beneath them while they're all claw hands and fists pointed at you.
It's completely deliberate.
I'm sure he asked Reis to do a typical Geoff Johns Justice League cover but with a cartoon rabbit.

e: I wonder how much rhymier Green Etrigan's oath will be.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 20, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Their faces are in shadow, your point of view is cowering beneath them while they're all claw hands and fists pointed at you.
It's completely deliberate.
I'm sure he asked Reis to do a typical Geoff Johns Justice League cover but with a cartoon rabbit.

Well, last time we saw an antropomorphic Rabbit on the N52 was like this:

Now that's gritty and grimdark :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, last time we saw an antropomorphic Rabbit on the N52 was like this:

Now that's gritty and grimdark :v:

Oh right, Not Rocket Raccoon Really.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

redbackground posted:

No? You may have noticed that one of the primary titles in the new52 is called Earth 2 and takes place on a parallel world. Flashpoint was all about shaking things up, but eliminating the multiverse was never part of that. Now, how much of that original multiverse made it past the reboot is up for writers to figure out.

Okay that's my misunderstanding. I thought it was suppose to do that cause "it's too complicated for the readers. " or some such nonsense and it got reintroduced cause DC is run by incompetents.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

The cat touching her butt is pretty accurate to cat behavior.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Reis definitely channelling Tom Mandrake for that cover (unless Mandrake inked it and I'm an idiot)

I was maybe sorta kinda joking about grimdark Captain Carrot (although the cover does suggest it a bit). He does seem an obvious choice if you want to take the piss out of that sort of stuff. Maybe too obvious for G-Mo but we'll see.

More than anything it's the Captain Marvel issue that I'm looking forward to. His little bits in Superman Beyond showed that Morrison totally gets the character and Cameron Stewart on art is just icing on the cake.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

KomradeX posted:

Okay that's my misunderstanding. I thought it was suppose to do that cause "it's too complicated for the readers. " or some such nonsense and it got reintroduced cause DC is run by incompetents.

That was Crisis On Infinite Earths, the original reboot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shameless posted:

More than anything it's the Captain Marvel issue that I'm looking forward to. His little bits in Superman Beyond showed that Morrison totally gets the character and Cameron Stewart on art is just icing on the cake.

Yeah, this is one of those things that as soon as I heard about it, I realized it's been missing all my life.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Speaking of Crisis on Infinite Earths...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Welp, FE 7 was a solid issue but that's not excuse for all the bullshit it pulled to get to that end. There was no real explanation behind Nightwing's issue (and the handwave at the end doesn't help), Johns' Alexander Luthor was utter bullshit, Sinestro was crammed on the story for reasons and the Syndicate never did anything to earn their reputation.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Did Batman/Superman #11 come out this week?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Speaking of Crisis on Infinite Earths...

Well since we're apparently counting down to a Crisis it only makes sense for Ted Kord to come back...

...so he can end up being shot, but this time by Luthor.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Doomed, Wonder Woman (it tackles bit thi forum's complaints about the amazons), JL(oddly enough) and Future's End keep being awesome.

Eternal, New Guardians and JLA keep being poo poo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

glitchwraith posted:

Did Batman/Superman #11 come out this week?

Yup.

Waterhaul posted:

Well since we're apparently counting down to a Crisis it only makes sense for Ted Kord to come back...

Did you see the bloke at the end of FE#7?
The last few times Johns used him he was just a big bad guy, but I can feel the desperate hopes of him facilitating a post-crisis reboot reboot/preboot (see: ↓↓)
Someone said on another forum that in time for Futures End, Earth 2: Weekly and Multiversity wrapping up next year, it should be around the month of COIE's 30th anniversary.
And then there's Lady Quark n Pariah who've been chilling in ARGUS prison tubes.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 22, 2014

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I really hope we see another reboot after this next Crisis.

Didio: Yeah, that'll solve all of our problems, another reboot!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

sleepingbuddha posted:

I really hope we see another reboot after this next Crisis.

Didio: Yeah, that'll solve all of our problems, another reboot!

Know what? So do I. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwT60UbOZnI

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Did Ted come back? Is he recognizable?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Did Ted come back? Is he recognizable?

He's just a kid right now.

Hang out for Frank Quitely's issue of Multiversity, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So BC is reporting that Bob Wayne's leaving DC

Assuming this is true, it would mean any significant changes for DC?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Whatever, he'll be back as Batman by the time the next movie comes out.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's a pretty cold bio.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He's a huge rear end in a top hat and won't be missed.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Rhyno posted:

He's a huge rear end in a top hat and won't be missed.

I was a temp at DC Comics when TimeWarner laid off a third of the company several years ago. Bob Wayne was one of the first people to find out that his job was safe, and I saw him proudly bragging about this in the hallway on a floor full of people who were all worried about their job security. Some of those people were laid off later that day.

It's my only real interaction with the man, but base on that, he's definitely a huge, selfish rear end in a top hat.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Isn't he a large part of why it takes an eternity and a half to get trades of most DC comics?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

One down, two to go.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Nuns with Guns posted:

Isn't he a large part of why it takes an eternity and a half to get trades of most DC comics?

There's apparently a separate trades dept that was run by Harras (now the EIC).
I don't know what the VP of sales would do. Manage shipping, promotions, and stay in touch with comic shops/diamond?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

StumblyWumbly posted:

There's apparently a separate trades dept that was run by Harras (now the EIC).
I don't know what the VP of sales would do. Manage shipping, promotions, and stay in touch with comic shops/diamond?

Ian Sattler took over trades from Harras and promptly found a new low in quality for the department.

• Locked thread