Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shoehead posted:

At this rate we wont even get Gregor yelling "THEN I SMASHED HER loving HEAD IN. LIKE. THIS!"

He didn't smash her head in the show, they said he cut her in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

Which is why he is going to need to correct them. Maybe even illustrate his point, idk with an example, say an unwilling participant near at hand.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
found sam's yearbook picture

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

I cannot loving believe they hosed up one of the most iconic lines in the series like that. I had convinced myself that even with all the other dumb stuff they did, they wouldn't be dumb enough to ruin that scene, but I guess not.

Eh, as long as Nimble Dick Crabb shows up in the next season, I'll be appeased.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

People complain much and more, but it all amounts to little and less. Words are wind, after all, and for half a groat I'd eat a plate of neeps with my nuncle.
:grrm:

:gizz:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

The Arya and Hound scene was good. It reminded me of Clint Eastwood's westerns.

Reminds me of Leon.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mr. Pool posted:

Well you see the fight STARTS at the Red Keep but quickly spills into the streets and then into Littlefinger's brothel where asses and titties and gore begins to flow like lemoncakes

Instead of accidentally cutting off peasants arms, the Mountain will accidentally cut of the dresses of all the female spectators.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Where do Oberyn and the Mountain actually fight it out in the books?

A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Twisted posted:

Also Wtf rorge and biter cameo only to die like bitches

oh man, you are right.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

kcroy posted:

oh man, you are right.

I thought it was pretty funny.

It looks like they're going to forgo the whole "Brienne and Podrick wander around doing nothing" arc because Show-Pod figures out where Sansa is by doing some simple reasoning. Killing off Rorge and Biter in the most hilariously anti-climactic way quickly wraps up that dangling plot thread.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Hahah I didn't even realize that was The Biter until Rorge said his name, gently caress it didn't even look like he bit him, just 'hop, flail, get snapped by Sandor.' The camerawork on this show is sub-par.

And let me tell you how got-dam tired I am of fbookers telling me I have delicious tears because I legit critique the awful bits in a show and also because I am literate.

Blade_of_Tyshalle posted:

THAT MUST MEAN YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS

:golfclap:

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Which was ridiculously over-the-top, I much prefer it when he just bashes her skull in. I mean I get it, he's strong, (nearly?) cut off a horses head and all that. He doesnt have to cut it all in half though. At this rate I fear for Oberyn in the show

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

SaviourX posted:

Hahah I didn't even realize that was The Biter until Rorge said his name, gently caress it didn't even look like he bit him, just 'hop, flail, get snapped by Sandor.' The camerawork on this show is sub-par.

And let me tell you how got-dam tired I am of fbookers telling me I have delicious tears because I legit critique the awful bits in a show and also because I am literate.

:golfclap:

The way he just came out of nowhere it was like the wind just blew Biter onto Hound's back and got swatted off like an annoying bug

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

savinhill posted:

The way he just came out of nowhere it was like the wind just blew Biter onto Hound's back and got swatted off like an annoying bug

that's quite literally what happened

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Bemis posted:

Also thought that scene with Gregor chopping up peasants was really out of place and cheesy. It seemed like something that belong in a crappy action movie to show how bad the bad guys are (that part in Rambo where they make the guys run across the minefield comes to mind).

Somewhere between "rape them until they die" and "I'm going to eat your parents," I got the inkling the show writers might not be the best at writing morally complicated villains when left to themselves.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014
"She was into it by the end, so it wasn't rape" was kind of a big blinking arrow too

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I just realized they cut daario's sellsword company (stormcrows) and replaced it with the second sons, which is the one tyrion hires. Daenary's / slaver's bay show story line just became a lot more clear.

I'm going to be really bummed if they pull another vargo hoat varamyr coldhands strong belwas and don't cast the tattered prince

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Thanks, I guess? :confused:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Kurtofan posted:

Cut in half by his great sword, which sounds like raped to death to me.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SaviourX posted:

It is sort of stupid, that kind of gloating ( mostly because we are long past tears, or outrage, or even that much "care" I think ). Just wait until the fatman dies, and they close down this thread because there are no more books, and we have to LIVE in TVIV.

I ventured over there yesterday, and was surprised to see BOOK TALK in that thread. I guess it has mellowed out over there?

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

rypakal posted:

The Bad Thread: I hate these loving books and how dare this show change a single part of their perfection.

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

what changes did htey make

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

quite the fucker posted:

They actually wrote and produced stuff.

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

quite the fucker posted:

In the book instead of having three dragons, Daenerys actually IS a dragon. Jon Snow too. Needless to say it makes their characters far more interesting

quite the fucker
Apr 13, 2014

this is the book thread

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
There's no Hodor Basket

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

quite the fucker posted:

tommen has a girlfriend

k-i-s-s-i-n-g
first comes love
then comes marriage
then comes death in the baby carriage

TryAgainBragg
May 5, 2014

quite the fucker posted:

this is the book thread

OP is going places

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
You guys are naive as hell if you think HBO isn't going to ghostwrite the ending themselves and Gurm can either play ball or step aside.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GRRM will die before he has to write the ending, but he'd change it enough to make it a distinct enough ending to make it worth buying his books.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ghostsauce posted:

You guys are naive as hell if you think HBO isn't going to ghostwrite the ending themselves and Gurm can either play ball or step aside.
I think most people have come to terms with that. If there's anybody left that sincerely thinks that HBO is gonna have a hiatus or backstory seasons to wait for him, they're being a silly person and will probably come around eventually.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Cross post from PYF

Captain Lavender posted:

"Because in Westros, the bad guys can win."

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Am I completely crazy or is the show Brienne going to go straight for Sansa because it's revealed last night that she found out Arya could be at the Vale? It's a change that would make sense at least, instead of her walking around aimlessly.

They won't make it to the Vale. They'll get lost or something and have more wacky banter before stumbling onto Stoneheart in the finale.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Potooweet posted:

They won't make it to the Vale. They'll get lost or something and have more wacky banter before stumbling onto Stoneheart in the finale.

I can't decide if stoneheart will be revealed with Brienne, or if like in the books, it'll be some random loving Frey chump who gets killed. They could really go either way, although I'm still thinking the latter.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm surprised they went with "Maybe they're going to the Vale. Let's go there." instead of "Let's search for more info about this 'Brotherhood' and try to find them." Seems like a more reasonable next step in their investigation while also being a more direct route to Zombie Cat.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 20, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't they have to kill off Lame Lothar and Black Walder first? I kind of forget the order of events for that part of the book because it's such a dull slog.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Potooweet posted:

Hopefully they have a Scooby Doo style scene where they chase after the villain who is after Sansa through a series of interconnected doors before they all crash into one another to a terrible laugh track.

Then Pod will look up and go "Rut Ro!"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

I can't decide if stoneheart will be revealed with Brienne, or if like in the books, it'll be some random loving Frey chump who gets killed. They could really go either way, although I'm still thinking the latter.

For some reason I thought (hope) that it's the two Walders that stayed at Winterfell for a bit and played that stupid game where they threw each other in the mud or whatever that was.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Blind Sally posted:

Don't they have to kill off Lame Lothar and Black Walder first? I kind of forget the order of events for that part of the book because it's such a dull slog.
They can probably merge both hanging scenes into one scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Or it'll be some new character like Jimmy Lannister or something because show watchers hate Lannisters.

Are people still mad about the Freys I'm out of touch with the show crowd.