Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

:siren: Diamond Dewgongs is filled up now, and we will be drafting at 10:30am EST, is that okay with everyone, or should we wait until Wednesday :siren:

If you mean AM, that's kind of early west coast, but I'll probably make it if I'm not working tomorrow. If you meant PM, as in 2 hours from now, that's even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Darth Windu posted:

I'm down with that. See ya in two hours!!
Two hours from now, I'll message anyone in-game right now. If we get 6 or less people I'll wait.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 20, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
How do you get into this? Or are there no open leagues at the moment?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Obscurity posted:

It looks like we're still missing a few teams on AdjectiveNoun's league. If you signed up for his league, join the league here: http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/105673/mnmkbBKsVL5APhaGZTy9

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

Servaetes, we need you friend!

AttackBacon posted:

Fuckin ServaetesBot auto drafts Sneaky AND Doublelift, ends up with 458 estimated points week one. We're all hosed.

I just got home from work and also having the plague over the weekend. Prepare to be destroyed by the team our Lord Jesus Christ has bestowed upon me. :getin:

though in all sincerity who the gently caress is kev1n :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

I just got home from work and also having the plague over the weekend. Prepare to be destroyed by the team our Lord Jesus Christ has bestowed upon me. :getin:

He is a great top-laner on a lovely team (Millenium, EU). At least you can rely on him being one of the more dominate top-laners.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Obscurity posted:

It looks like we're still missing a few teams on AdjectiveNoun's league. If you signed up for his league, join the league here: http://fantasy.lolesports.com/en-US/join/league/105673/mnmkbBKsVL5APhaGZTy9

Seconding this. First come first served at this point as far as spots go, as soon as the the league is full I'm going to start Draft Mode (and obviously post here just to make sure you guys know it's happening).

Also, making an IRC chatroom on synirc now, called #YourTeamSucks, so we can BM and generally chat as we draft.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

quote:

Your Leagues can be created and drafts completed even after matches have started. If you start a draft tomorrow after matches have started, your first week of counted results will be week 2 #FantasyLCS
Some kind of important info for leagues starting late.

Also, a fun fact about bots: After starting a four-team League with my friend we had our two smurfs as bots. Bots will absolutely wreck your poo poo and pick intelligently, they out-picked us both and they have estimated points of 30 points higher than the both of us.

Everyone in Diamond Dewgongs, add me on Skype so we can start a group. My screename is Flameingblack or Brandon | Orcca

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 20, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Points aren't the be-all end-all this early, though. Some players are really far below their actual value (Amazing and Seraph stick out most to me here)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Whoops, draft seems to be down.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

DanrewS posted:

I ended up starting another league with some friends and ended up with a pretty good draft in my opinion.

I would appreciate any criticism I could get on the team I drafted including suggestions if possible.

I decided to put some faith in the Korean CLG potential, which is why I picked up Seraph. It is worth mentioning that Balls/Dyrus/Ackerman we're already taken by the time I picked up Seraph.
Pretty sure your league is you and 3 alts. Join a real league, bro!

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Did anyone end up making an OCE league? Or was there not enough interest?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Seconding this. First come first served at this point as far as spots go, as soon as the the league is full I'm going to start Draft Mode (and obviously post here just to make sure you guys know it's happening).

Also, making an IRC chatroom on synirc now, called #YourTeamSucks, so we can BM and generally chat as we draft.

Since this didn't fill up tonight I'm assuming it will tomorrow. Friendly reminder that I won't be available til after 8pm EST tomorrow.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Servaetes posted:

You stole Sneaky and Shiptur with your bastard bot. :argh:

Seriously though the bots are just a little bit too good, since they auto-default to the top ranked person that they still need to draft, there's like no priority list on which role they pick first.

Good Fnatic better show up this week (and every week since they're my team!) I snagged Cyanide, Hai, and Balls at least, Roccat's botlane was the only thing left by the time i got to botlane, so I hope Vanderlife starts showing up to games again. Celaver is pretty solid at least.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

Some kind of important info for leagues starting late.

Also, a fun fact about bots: After starting a four-team League with my friend we had our two smurfs as bots. Bots will absolutely wreck your poo poo and pick intelligently, they out-picked us both and they have estimated points of 30 points higher than the both of us.

Everyone in Diamond Dewgongs, add me on Skype so we can start a group. My screename is Flameingblack or Brandon | Orcca

I'm gonna be at work between now and the draft so I'll be unable to do any Skyping, sorry. I can still make the draft though :)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'm playing in a league with some friends and although it's only a 4 man league, I'm reasonably pleased with my starting lineup:

Dyrus
Amazing
Bjergsen
Doublelift
Yellowstar
Flex: Hai
Fnatic

My strategy was to ignore the ADC slot entirely since there's so many good ones and focus on mid (where I got away with absolute robbery) and undervalued picks in other roles (Amazing/Yellowstar). I had planned to grab lemonnation and C9 early for value but both got snatched away because I was first/last and had to wait 6 picks between every double-pick for me.

E: I was a bit bummed at only getting one C9 pick but noone else got more than 2, so it should be ok. Peke and Rekkles went to two different players as well, so I think I'll be ok if C9 and Fnatic crush

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty happy with how the 6 man draft I did with some friends worked out:

Top: Balls
Jungler: Meteos
Mid: Link
Adc: Imaqtpie
Support: Aphromoo
Team: C9
Flex: Ackerman

I only just noticed I didn't even pick up one EU player.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
What subs do you have? I think, generally, it's a bad idea to have a top laner in flex. Mids and ADCs score higher points uniformly.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

:siren: Diamond Dewgongs is filled up now, and we will be drafting at 10:30am EST, is that okay with everyone, or should we wait until Wednesday :siren:

Is there any way we can wait until like 10:45? I have a thing at 10.

Edit: Oh was this yesterday? I'm confused, sorry.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 20, 2014

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Mash posted:

What subs do you have? I think, generally, it's a bad idea to have a top laner in flex. Mids and ADCs score higher points uniformly.

Pobelter, Vasilii and TSM, guess I could swap in Vasilii.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

Is there any way we can wait until like 10:45? I have a thing at 10.

Edit: Oh was this yesterday? I'm confused, sorry.

I was on the website but guess it's not happening. Don't have Skype either. How about 10pm est tonight? I'll idle in the irc channel if that time is good. I think IRC is an easier way to coordinate especially during work hours.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Since we're already late, and we won't gain any points for the entire first week (Since the rosters are locked in) we're going to wait until after the first week is over to draft. Is everyone in Diamond Dewgongs available to draft 8:00 PM EST on Friday? This will give everyone the opportunity to see how good everyone's doing early on in the split.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

Since we're already late, and we won't gain any points for the entire first week (Since the rosters are locked in) we're going to wait until after the first week is over to draft. Is everyone in Diamond Dewgongs available to draft 8:00 PM EST on Friday? This will give everyone the opportunity to see how good everyone's doing early on in the split.

That might be hard for me. I could probably do a little bit later, like 9:30?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

That might be hard for me. I could probably do a little bit later, like 9:30?
Just a rough estimate, trying to feel out how many people I can get together. This wouldn't be so awful if I could do things like send out e-mail alerts for everyone in the league, and turn off auto-drafting, or kick people out of a league for being inactive. There are a lot of things they can do better :v:

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
I can make 8pm Friday EST or 9:30 but may have to do that one on my phone so will just check if the draft is started at that time instead of having IRC.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I can make anything on Friday, but will probably be doing stuff Saturday night.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Webpage won't let me create one, that's too bad.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I feel for anyone who picked Soaz or anyone on Roccat, those were some very saddening points.

Still, Roccat has another game today so we'll see how bad it can get.

Current scores (Shamelessly stolen from reddit)

pre:
Fnatic vs SK              Roccat vs Millenium
Player	        Points    Player      Points    
sOAZ	        3.84      Kev1n	      9.8 
Cyanide	        12.15     KottenX     7.0
xPeke	        17.24     Kerp	      14.37
Rekkles	        15.58     Creaton     13.2   
YellowStar	4.89      Jree	      10.89
Team FNC	7         Team MIL    21

fredy122	9.77      Xaxus	      1.78
Svenskeren	17.68     Jankos      0.29
Jesiz	        13.93     Overpow     6.78
CandyPanda	20.3      Celaver     6.01
nRated	        16.73     Vander      0.34
Team SK	        14        Team ROC    2

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 20, 2014

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I have Xaxus and VandeR. If you need me I'll be in the corner sobbing.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I had Xpeke, Cyanide, and Candy Panda. Almost ideal, really.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

I had Xpeke, Cyanide, and Candy Panda. Almost ideal, really.

Only Cyanide was a bit weak out of those three, so a good haul.

I subbed out VandeR last night for Nyph after hearing about Roccat's rustiness and in a fit of indecisiveness and my gosh am I glad for it.

Is it worthwhile for me to post more point results here?

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 20, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Only Cyanide was a bit weak out of those three, so a good haul.

I subbed out VandeR last night for Nyph after hearing about Roccat's rustiness and in a fit of indecisiveness and my gosh am I glad for it.

My team is Roccat :(

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
The website loaded for me for a split second and I have 71 (I think) points so far. My team is Soaz (...), Dexter, Froggen, qtpie, Nyph, Alliance, and Svenskeren for my flex. I think Creaton was one of my alternates too, so it's nice to see he's doing well.

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
One of my teams has Kerp sitting on the sidelines in favor of Overpow :(

The guy's already got 40+ points.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Having Kerp might be great for you in the long run still, if they keep having long games where Kerp gets a lot of kills.

They don't score extra for Baron steals though, sadly.

e: Kerp got 41 points that game, holy crap!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 20, 2014

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I thought my score was bugged, but no, I have 0.34 points I earned fair and square. Really glad I didn't sub out Vander for Gleeb this week... Only 54 points behind!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
https://twitter.com/Kerpx/status/468841938402410497

I picked him in round 9. :3:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

foutre posted:

I thought my score was bugged, but no, I have 0.34 points I earned fair and square. Really glad I didn't sub out Vander for Gleeb this week... Only 54 points behind!

Jankos is my jungler

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

henkman posted:

Jankos is my jungler

You might get some redemption this game, Roccat are already ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

foutre posted:

I only have 90x your points, NBD.

• Locked thread