Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Yeah look at the cost of high level beast villa skills. Don't blow your certs. A single page of a skill to 7 is like 300ish certs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So this weekend I attended Akeenai's extremely public execution.

Naturally we were very supportive of him in his time of need.

High fives are a natural and healthy part of the grieving process

Then I played with my elephant.

Then I thought to myself, "If offline stalls, which last for four hours leave my character online..."

kingcee was walking past and stopped to look at my elephant, which can't be killed, dismissed or harmed in this state. I don't know why he's staring, after all he's in the faction that can summon them.

Sometimes people ask me questions about where my elephant's genitals are... :catstare:

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.
War tonight?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

madmario posted:

War tonight?

Blame Akeenai for not making the war post after he got us declared on~

What: WWWWWAAARRRR
When: :toot:
Where: Probably WV SE base
Why: Akeenai kept murdering Huatah's leader alt during bidding because the dumb fucks in Huatah don't know that if you die with the interface up you can still use it. Hopefully we have a repeat of the last time they attacked and we cap their base and come back to defend.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.
Huatah are good folks to hate.

Haquer posted:

Blame Akeenai for not making the war post after he got us declared on~

I do.

Also, like a typical douchebag lawyer, I was asking a question, the answer of which I knew the answer to, and to which there was only one possible answer, but I asked anyway.

Forer posted:

(Because apparently you keep campfire, but one level down when you graduate)

That's awesome. Almost makes me consider going Xu incognito just to get fire. Maybe someday.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I would like to remind everyone that Chinacompany is literally Hitler.

Basically I played AoW a while ago on BD, spent about $120. Got bored stopped playing. Came back tried new toon on SV, realized SV is poop, tried to come back to BD. Find this poo poo. $120 down the shitter. Do Google search. Apparently a bunch of players got randomly banned during that time by retard-tier autoban. I would file a complaint with the BBB, but Snail USA already has an F- rating.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

SweetBro posted:

I would like to remind everyone that Chinacompany is literally Hitler.

If you're sincerely interested in doing something about this, contact me in game or on TS. No promises, but I hate few things as much as I despise a breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing. -Drizle

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haroshia posted:

Yeah look at the cost of high level beast villa skills. Don't blow your certs. A single page of a skill to 7 is like 300ish certs.

It's such a strong set that I think it's probably worth it if only for the spirit free spam attack. Every level improves the damage on the mangle. Going from 2 to 3 doubled the damage that each stack added. It also seemed like the stacks all last a lot longer at 3.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

randombattle posted:

It's such a strong set that I think it's probably worth it if only for the spirit free spam attack. Every level improves the damage on the mangle. Going from 2 to 3 doubled the damage that each stack added. It also seemed like the stacks all last a lot longer at 3.

Oh hell yes. Do we get to keep the set when we graduate? If not, I might just stay in BV forever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

Oh hell yes. Do we get to keep the set when we graduate? If not, I might just stay in BV forever.

Yeah you just loose 5 levels off the internal max so your cap is 36. Also you lose taming.

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
I finally finished the stuff that had me having a way higher workload than usual and I missed chinagame a bit so I'll probably rejoin the guild some time soon.
Accept MrFacialhair so I can check the new stuff while being horrendously weak after all this time.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Actually ignore all of that about beast villa tier 8+ because it's "before the duel" content whatever the gently caress that update is.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Pretty sure that's the next expansion based off old rumors. Also whatever this Sky Ladder stuff is. No idea if It's the class 6 gear one.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Daily alignment cap values for the alignment-changing kills farmer

Total alignment: Daily cap
0-900: 100
901-9999: 200
10000+: 500

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

PassiveSentence posted:

Daily alignment cap values for the alignment-changing kills farmer

Total alignment: Daily cap
0-900: 100
901-9999: 200
10000+: 500

so if you have less then 900 evil, you can only get 100 a day? time to farm I guess.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

HapiMerchant posted:

so if you have less then 900 evil, you can only get 100 a day? time to farm I guess.

Nah, the 0-900 is your total alignment value good+evil.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I took PibbJr to war today, he killed someone trying to cap the throne and charged through the gates to kill the people I was suicide bombing. My elephant never forget, TO KILL.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Oh kingcee :allears:

I've developed gills in Peach

We only lost one of the 3 wars tonight, and that was mostly due to almost none of Resurrection being on TeamSpeak so they all stood around with their thumbs up their rear end while their base got capped. Post war hat noogie!

And then Erza whines in Faction chat, who loving saw that coming! Too bad they like me more than him since I usually lead the raids and coordinate arrays for our events.

Speaking of the event, we nearly killed him Saturday afternoon. It's hard to do with 9 people.

Yes, that's over 4 million damage done in 20 minutes. loving chinagame.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Haquer posted:

Speaking of the event, we nearly killed him Saturday afternoon. It's hard to do with 9 people.

Yes, that's over 4 million damage done in 20 minutes. loving chinagame.
POMF did our version of this with 12 people last night, and we had to do it in 15 minutes. Quit slackin'.

And that's not at all our hardest event. Not by far.

E: I should stream/record the next expedition event so you all can see how ridiculous it is.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 20, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I took PibbJr to war today, he killed someone trying to cap the throne and charged through the gates to kill the people I was suicide bombing. My elephant never forget, TO KILL.

How much did you have to click to have him summonable in other zones?

Eliirae
Mar 30, 2011
I stopped playing this a few months to a year back after having accomplished absolutely nothing of worth and the new updates lured me back in (oh god why). Created a new vagrant character because it seemed new compared to picking one of the eight schools and I wanted to try out one of those other factions added to the game. Did I make a mistake? How would I go about becoming an effective face puncher instead of always being the one getting their face punched in?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok now that I've unlocked POMFs second Identity I have no idea how the game expects us to use all these tokens. Im getting over 60 every day, internal books at my identity range are 10 tokens each. Ive bought all the internal books allowed by my identity the moment it popped up and I had enough to buy the basic attacks level 4 book.

By the time I can actually buy school gear I'll be getting like 100 tokens every day, which makes the grind for them a whole lot more bearable considering you'd probably have enough stored from before to outright buy every skill book to seven and all internals.

-e The major limitation is always influence to get to a higher identity and the rarer order tokens that are only used for gear and higher level skills.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 20, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Eliirae posted:

I stopped playing this a few months to a year back after having accomplished absolutely nothing of worth and the new updates lured me back in (oh god why). Created a new vagrant character because it seemed new compared to picking one of the eight schools and I wanted to try out one of those other factions added to the game. Did I make a mistake? How would I go about becoming an effective face puncher instead of always being the one getting their face punched in?
Join a faction. Or join WV and get perish blade plus a mentor for third inner and do tornadoes once you have it leveled some and a few meridians rolling. Get those jianghu inner fragments. I hear Beast Villa's set is good for PvE though, which is what you need at the start, so maybe that's another quick route to tornadoes while doing a faction at the same time.

If you can get on your old character, you may have a million cultivation, chi and such for the returning hero event. Maybe even a free month of VIP. Plus you'll have a bigger accumulated chi pool, which is a big deal for starting out. Just betray if you don't want the school.

Event page here, sign in with your old account, click #3: http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/tempest_strife/page4.html

Kylra fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 20, 2014

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Haquer posted:

We only lost one of the 3 wars tonight, and that was mostly due to almost none of Resurrection being on TeamSpeak so they all stood around with their thumbs up their rear end while their base got capped.

I don't think that's really true. I think the major problem was a mismatch in power. It's not like power was distributed evenly to both defenseive teams--not even remotely. I felt like we got the benefit of an alliance and Resurrection kinda got the shaft.

And there was a lot of confusion over the organization and who would go where (split defense at start), and then there was a late change to the plan (all on attack, then split defense), then ANOTHER last second change about two minutes before the war started (flipping who would defend at which base), then yet ANOTHER change 2 minutes into the war (sending some teams back early, but not others), with ongoing talking wiffle-waffle decisionmaking throughout. People grumbled all the way. People in TS were also confused, including myself. From what I was hearing from the Resurrection folks, I suspect they got rolled more because of a difference in power--they all teleported to their base, right?--not a faiwure ... to ... commun'cate.

I felt like quibbling over decisions was part of the problem. Maybe we can have ONE raid leader on any given war night, and rotate the guild from which the leader comes. So one war it's someone from NoTrabbu, then another a Goon, then another a Resurrection, and another an Enigma. Or something--just one person on any given night to make the absolute calls, and not always Leffe. That way there can just be cleaner, faster decisions and one person can take the heat after the fact for executuve decisions that piss people off.

madmario fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 20, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

How much did you have to click to have him summonable in other zones?

In order to summon him outside of the cage in his instance, 300 intimacy is required, in the beggar zone 5000, outside of beggars 10,000. The most efficient food to raise intimacy costs 100L bound and gives 200 intimacy. I did that and used a skill that gives six intimacy per click, so that alone would take 1,334 clicks, on a skill that has a minute cool down. I left my computer on overnight two nights in a row with autohotkey going. I'm going to keep on doing that to see if anything changes at 20k+ intimacy. In the event my elephant gets a wine mist-esque knockdown ability with his trunk(no joke I've seen a tiger with the wine mist knockdown animation and ability), you will know, you will all know.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

madmario posted:

I don't think that's really true. I think the major problem was a mismatch in power. It's not like power was distributed evenly to both defenseive teams--not even remotely. I felt like we got the benefit of an alliance and Resurrection kinda got the shaft.

And there was a lot of confusion over the organization and who would go where (split defense at start), and then there was a late change to the plan (all on attack, then split defense), then ANOTHER last second change about two minutes before the war started (flipping who would defend at which base), then yet ANOTHER change 2 minutes into the war (sending some teams back early, but not others), with ongoing talking wiffle-waffle decisionmaking throughout. People grumbled all the way. People in TS were also confused, including myself. From what I was hearing from the Resurrection folks, I suspect they got rolled more because of a difference in power--they all teleported to their base, right?--not a faiwure ... to ... commun'cate.

I felt like quibbling over decisions was part of the problem. Maybe we can have ONE raid leader on any given war night, and rotate the guild from which the leader comes. So one war it's someone from NoTrabbu, then another a Goon, then another a Resurrection, and another an Enigma. Or something--just one person on any given night to make the absolute calls, and not always Leffe. That way there can just be cleaner, faster decisions and one person can take the heat after the fact for executuve decisions that piss people off.

Yeah not just assigning guilds to their own homebases was an awful idea that I helped correct quickly after the war started. Also the part about power mismatch is because Ressurrection somehow has less of a showing than NoTrabbu or hell sometimes even goons unless it's a loving PVE event.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Haquer posted:

Yeah not just assigning guilds to their own homebases was an awful idea that I helped correct quickly after the war started. Also the part about power mismatch is because Ressurrection somehow has less of a showing than NoTrabbu or hell sometimes even goons unless it's a loving PVE event.

Thanks for injecting sanity into the discussion. Fair point on Ressurection's showing too.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

This is your monthly reminder that Hua tickets will be on sale in Suzhou for 50 L tonight between 1800 and 2100. Excursions and betrayals might make the fights more interesting. I'll be out of town, though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You're the best clothes refreshing ninja for reminding me.

E: While I'm at posting, can you only learn Flying Horse from someone officially in Wudang school or just anyone that uses any of the set?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

You're the best clothes refreshing ninja for reminding me.

E: While I'm at posting, can you only learn Flying Horse from someone officially in Wudang school or just anyone that uses any of the set?

Anyone. I learned Far and Removed to 5 from a Wudang/Tangman fight.

Hopefully hua is fun. Problem is most sets won't be leveled :(

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Can someone spell out how, exactly, I can go 'on leave' from my school? I know I apparently need some certs and... maybe some other stuff? But I have no idea how to get any of it, where to take it, etc.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

KittyEmpress posted:

Can someone spell out how, exactly, I can go 'on leave' from my school? I know I apparently need some certs and... maybe some other stuff? But I have no idea how to get any of it, where to take it, etc.

Are you interested in (1) an excursion or (2) going incognito (they're different) or not sure yet?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Do Thimbles actually increase the POMF skillset? Someone mentioned that they might not.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

madmario posted:

Are you interested in (1) an excursion or (2) going incognito (they're different) or not sure yet?

The one that doesn't cost 8+ Dings because I have no dings.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Saradiart posted:

Do Thimbles actually increase the POMF skillset? Someone mentioned that they might not.

Blacksmithing ones do, but poison-making ones get parry endurance instead. I'm surprised I haven't seen more trade in them for people using non-pomf unarmed sets.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

KittyEmpress posted:

The one that doesn't cost 8+ Dings because I have no dings.

That's incognito. Excursion is the one that takes certificates from instances.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheRagamuffin posted:

That's incognito. Excursion is the one that takes certificates from instances.

I think the quickest way to get the tokens for that is to do six factions of a certain level?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I hear the box for six completions of a faction gets one token, and there's a daily instance run quest for bonus tokens.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FebrezeNinja posted:

I hear the box for six completions of a faction gets one token, and there's a daily instance run quest for bonus tokens.

I like how incognito tells you what you need for each step and where you can get it while failing to mention that you won't since the drop rates are so low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

FebrezeNinja posted:

What counts as a faction to complete? And where can I get the daily instance run quest?