Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

oh nevermind harmonix did make that game

why did i think that was all activision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it was harmonix's last game for activision and it was a shameless palette swap for fifty bucks

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh yeah, the notMtG kickstarted by Cryptozoic has finally garnered the attention of WoTC/Hasbro and they are now suing

https://hextcg.com/official-legal-statement/

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
seems fairly baseless imho. what's so Magic about Hex that all of the other trading card games aren't? it's not like they stole art or card names or anything right?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

wait what the gently caress are those

it's me, i'm the person who needs hundreds of dollars of technology to make a loving hard-boiled egg

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

the right looks tastier tbh

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
poached eggs are supposed to be liquid inside tho

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i like a good runny egg but one that i can spread on some toast like on the left appeals to me

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

this was a really interesting read and it's kind of hilarious that even (and perhaps especially) the most successful kickstarter projects are basically doomed

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

the right looks tastier tbh

yeah, this too

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Yodzilla posted:

seems fairly baseless imho. what's so Magic about Hex that all of the other trading card games aren't? it's not like they stole art or card names or anything right?
idk much about copyright law but looking at the cards they seem to consist entirely of mechanics, function, and format lifted directly from mtg

no art or card names, yeah, but it looks like it plays 100% the same

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
i guess all of those games look the same to me so i'm the worst person to comment on it

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Thesoro posted:

idk much about copyright law but looking at the cards they seem to consist entirely of mechanics, function, and format lifted directly from mtg

no art or card names, yeah, but it looks like it plays 100% the same

its probably the card format if anything but theyre pretty drat different

i didnt think mechanics could be copyrighted

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
hahah never mind found it

this is EXACTLY what duel of the planeswalkers looks like

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/612530753/gitchain

this

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
what in the world

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
that's how you do a kickstarter, ask for a reasonable amount of money from idiots like bitcoiners who won't complain when you bail with the money since they're used to being fleeced by everyone

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Boxturret posted:

poached eggs are supposed to be liquid inside tho

that's like eggs 101

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

The whole premise of this thing is so bad that it doesn't need to be commented on, but my favorite part is this:

quote:

Incentives & rewards system

So not only does this guy not understand Git, he doesn't understand the people who use it either.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

gitcoin is good because it tells you something about its users right in the name

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Yodzilla posted:

i like a good runny egg but one that i can spread on some toast like on the left appeals to me

you dont need a slow cooker for that jfc

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
what github really needs is a distributed network of clients that store not only the entirety of everyone's git repos forever and all of the changes made to those repos but also each client also needs to "mine" because you can't just let anyone make a pull request until it gets approved by the network. it's like all the benefits of "but with bitcoin" and also all of the drawbacks!!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

you dont need a slow cooker for that jfc

oh yeah for sure i was just commenting on eggs because if there are two things i enjoy in this world they're

posting

and

eating

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

oh yeah for sure i was just commenting on eggs because if there are two things i enjoy in this world they're

posting

and

eating

Yes! same!

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

posting

and

eating

how appropriate that they both lead to poo poo!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Verdugo posted:

So, anyone remember Pantheon? The Crowd Funded MMO that Brad McQuaid, ruiner of Everquest, was sponsoring?

Turns out he took something like a 50k personal salary advance from the project, the rest of the funding fell through and the entire project is falling apart.

Where's his money from EQ? He lost it loving around in the stock market in 07 and now has "no cash to his name."

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/archive/index.php/t-41266.html

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
:lol: wow

double :lol: at the guy who wanted to give them $135k, holy poo poo

e: wait "couple hundred thousand" omg

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Adult Sword Owner posted:

hahah never mind found it

this is EXACTLY what duel of the planeswalkers looks like

looking at it the game is very similar to magic, but if it didn't copy duels of the planeswalkers ui/effects it probably would of flown under the radar.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude

well that picked up quickly

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm actually sitting here ready to spend money on wasteland 2 but not until it gets a proper release and they drop the price like they keep promising

so i just checked and it still isn't out and inxile are working on a new kickstarter funded game now

the balls on those fuckers, i am in awe

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

im the 3 people that donated $10,000

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sony advertised it yesterday i think

Dec 26, 2012

kickstarters often pick up mad steam in the last few days

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

01011001 posted:

kickstarters often pick up mad steam in the last few days

there have been some accusations lately of people also getting bullshit accounts or the creators making alts to get the last bit so they get to keep what they've raised thus far

i recall hearing something like that

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
bouncing checks happen all the drat time

no real way of catching that though.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hubris.height posted:

there have been some accusations lately of people also getting bullshit accounts or the creators making alts to get the last bit so they get to keep what they've raised thus far

i recall hearing something like that

yeah but the thing is, Kickstarter has a thing that's set to remind you "hey you haven't pledged to this thing you told us to remind you about, and it's now down to 48 hours"

so a lot of people pledge at the first few days when it's new, then a bunch more pledge the last 2 days or so based on the reminder; as well as based on fans of the thing spamming links all over if its at all popular.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
amplitude started picking up a few days ago http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/harmonix/amplitude/#chart-daily

i doubt they made 5000 fake accounts to bump it up to the goal. probably just finally hit the right news outlets.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
one of the $7500 pledges was insomniac's ceo and i think they tweeted it out a bunch too

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
on the 20th they created a $35 tier and one of the rewards was $20 in DLC, so that was 35000 towards their goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

the eggs on the left are what i call the restauraunt hosed up and left my eggs Benedict under the salamander for too fuckin long

• Locked thread