Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soonmot posted:

Thankfully, they stopped that.

They even outright called it dumb in the conic itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Soonmot posted:

Thankfully, they stopped that.

(Better not mention that Rocket Racoon was added to the Avengers Alliance Facebook game. And that some of his attacks are named BLAM, BLAM-BLAM-BLAM and MURDERED YOU!)

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I'm hoping to settle a debate with a friend. He says that Captain America's shield was made in Wakanda and given to him; I thought that while the Vibranium was a gift from Wakanda, the shield itself was created in the USA. Does anyone here know for sure? Thanks in advance.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ZDar Fan posted:

I'm hoping to settle a debate with a friend. He says that Captain America's shield was made in Wakanda and given to him; I thought that while the Vibranium was a gift from Wakanda, the shield itself was created in the USA. Does anyone here know for sure? Thanks in advance.

Cap started with a triangular shield given by the government. He gifted that to Wakanda, then came back and was equipped with the familiar circular one, again by the government.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ZDar Fan posted:

Everything you would ever want to know about Cap's shield.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

E the Shaggy posted:

I do not get why people give Bendis' Guardians praise, aside from new members joining the team, nothing ever happens.

Apparently James Gunn just told Chris Pratt to skip the Bendis run when he was doing research for GotG.

I have a good feeling about this movie.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 20, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gerry Duggan is taking over Hulk from Waid so it's got a chance to not be boring. Plus he may be getting his purple pants back.

quote:

As first revealed by Newsarama, he's the new writer of the "Hulk" ongoing series, taking over from Mark Waid. Duggan is scheduled to join artist Mark Bagley with issue #5 of the current volume.

Duggan's run will start with an 8-10 issue story titled "The Omega Hulk," which will feature, "everyone who has the word 'hulk' in their name," along with their alter egos.

"I like to describe it as the 'Armor Wars' for gamma-irradiated people in the Marvel Universe," Duggan told Newsarama. "At the end of it there will be a new status quo for many of the characters."

source

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I don't mind Hulk having armor but I'm really excited for that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
After Deadpool and Nova, I'm willing to follow Duggan into Hulk.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Die Laughing posted:

Yeah, that Skottie Young guy has no talent.

I like how Skottie's description on the whole "he's not a raccoon" thing seems purely sarcastic when he describes Rocket's solo series.
Hopefully he at the very least tries to downplay it, or even just joke about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Apparently James Gunn just told Chris Pratt to skip the Bendis run when he was doing research for GotG.

How many issue of the Bendi run were even out when Pratt was cast? One?

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
Is it me or does the new Ghost Rider reminds you of Bleach from time to time?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MeaningOfLife posted:

Is it me or does the new Ghost Rider reminds you of Bleach from time to time?

That's how I sold it to a friend "Imagine BLEACH, now imagine it weren't poo poo and was in L.A."

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's how I sold it to a friend "Imagine BLEACH, now imagine it weren't poo poo and was in L.A."
I haven't read it, explain why? Spanish artististic influences? Feels like hollows/hollowification?

Sell me on this.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Yvonmukluk posted:

Pratt said in the Facebook Q&A on monday that he hadn't read any comics in preparation for the role.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Ghost Rider'ing looks a lot like Robbie is going through hollowfication and his fights are loving radical and powerful. Stuff's strange and supernatural like the early Bleach in tone sorta.
It also might have some Twin Peaks going on.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Starsnostars posted:

Pratt said in the Facebook Q&A on monday that he hadn't read any comics in preparation for the role.

He's said that he has read the comics in other interviews though. Maybe not "in preperation," but Gunn yelled at him for reading Bendis' version since it's going to be more inspired by the DnA stuff.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
IMO, the new skull head for Ghost Rider have a similar design as Bleach,s hollowification mask. I already know Moore,s art style is influenced by manga style like JoJo with the exaggerated poses and action scenes. Currently the writing is a bit slow but the concept, art, design, and pretty much everything else is great about this new GR.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Waterhaul posted:

Gerry Duggan is taking over Hulk from Waid so it's got a chance to not be boring. Plus he may be getting his purple pants back.

source
What was the point in even relaunching the book with Waid?

Also

quote:

Duggan's run will start with an 8-10 issue story titled "The Omega Hulk," which will feature, "everyone who has the word 'hulk' in their name," along with their alter egos.
Don't start your run with a massively long story. :ughh:

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

irlZaphod posted:

Counterpoint: Jason Aaron's Thor, Rick Remender's Cap.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

irlZaphod posted:

What, like Planet Hulk? Yeah, what a terrible idea.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

What was the point in even relaunching the book with Waid?

They thought it would work to up sales and hype. Clearly it didn't.

I kinda hope there was a huge meeting about this, like whoever's CEOing it going
"gentlemen, Hulk's bleeding money. People like the Hulk, we have to fix this"
"I know it's a tough call, but maybe Waid just isn't a right fi-"
"Oh he's gone from Hulk, no question. I called you guys here to debate if five issues is too short before relaunching the book with a new #1"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

d00gZ posted:

Counterpoint: Jason Aaron's Thor, Rick Remender's Cap.

Lurdiak posted:

What, like Planet Hulk? Yeah, what a terrible idea.
There's plenty of bad examples too, and at least Planet Hulk was broken into smaller chunks so there was at least clear direction to it. Stuff like Brubaker's X-Men have left me wary of jumping on board something when a writer proclaims that.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They thought it would work to up sales and hype. Clearly it didn't.
I doubt they even knew if it had or hadn't helped sales before arranging Duggan to take over with #5. The first issue only came out last month.

Was Waid wrapping things up with those 4 issues? It just seems like a strange decision, surely it would have been better for Duggan to get to launch the book.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That book can hardly get any worse, so it doesn't really matter how long the opening arc is.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Duggan Hulk is going to own, I have faith.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
This at least definitely owns:

quote:

MS. MARVEL #7
G. Willow Wilson (W) • Jacob Wyatt (A)
Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
IT’S WOLVERINE!
• Kamala may be fan-girling out when her favorite (okay maybe Top Five) super hero shows up for some help, but that won’t stop her from protecting her hometown.
• Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with Kamala and all her friends? Maybe Wolvie can be of some help.
• “If you’re not reading Ms. Marvel, you’re missing out on one of the best series out there.” —Says Almost Everybody
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Also, a TPB was announced for the first five issues at $15.99.

Chortles fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 21, 2014

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is it just me or am I getting sick of McKelvie's sameface? Cute cover though.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

irlZaphod posted:

There's plenty of bad examples too, and at least Planet Hulk was broken into smaller chunks so there was at least clear direction to it. Stuff like Brubaker's X-Men have left me wary of jumping on board something when a writer proclaims that.

I doubt they even knew if it had or hadn't helped sales before arranging Duggan to take over with #5. The first issue only came out last month.

Was Waid wrapping things up with those 4 issues? It just seems like a strange decision, surely it would have been better for Duggan to get to launch the book.

I'd presume Waid stayed on because he's doing the Original Sin tie-in stuff and they're trying to pretend that's a ~big deal~.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

I got bored of it by #4, not least because I was interested in seeing what more Sara Pichelli could have done... though any but McKelvie would have been refreshing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

It is definitely not you.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just think what that photo will be worth when Wolverine dies!

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg

Well that sucks (unless it's a typo.)

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Mahasamatman posted:

they are killing off the creative team.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The creative team was stored on his computer. :(

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Well, can't say I didn't see that one coming, but god drat it.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013

Mahasamatman posted:

Ughhhhh, I have been enjoying this series so much, please no.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mahasamatman posted:

whaaaaaaaaaat :( and there's no Hawkeye solicits, this is the worst

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

whaaaaaaaaaat :( and there's no Hawkeye solicits, this is the worst

I am pretty sure that due to delays there is no need to, as a previously solicitated issue will be out in August.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think Saga comes out more regularly than Hawkeye at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Mahasamatman posted:

Clearly these are Moon Knight's new split identities who will be introduced and killed off by this issue.

• Locked thread