Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rose Spirit posted:

This begs the question of Karkat and Terezi's team name.

Team Adorabloodthirsty.

Alternatively, Team Red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you haven't seen the Paradox Space 404 pages you should try putting in some random gibberish (or click this link I guess http://www.paradoxspace.com/itkeepshappening ) and refresh a few times. It's pretty special. :allears:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

New strip looks like it has promise, it's always fun to see what carapacians get up to, especially on Derse.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
A comic about sleazy Dersite checkout rags by McConville & Boyd? Heck yes.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RZApublican posted:

Alternatively, Team Red.

Team Candy-rear end?

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Ok, I'll shamelessly admit that Mac Hall was one of the first webcomics I ever read from beginning to end. And definitely the first one that I thought was legitimately good. I definitely had questionable tastes back then compared to now, but that's one where I don't feel ashamed for liking.

Looking forward to this.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
It's sort of analogous, the way I liked Mac Hall and then was ashamed of it (but not as much as knock offs like Apple Geeks, ugh) is a lot like how I feel about MSPA.

The art was always great, though.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, at least somebody managed to see the silver lining of the cloud (of rapidly dispersing moon-fragments)

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hussie should ask Pete Abrams to do a PS strip!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Samovar posted:

Well, at least somebody managed to see the silver lining of the cloud (of rapidly dispersing moon-fragments)

It's weird whenever we're reminded the Carapace people are actually people, when things happen like moons explode or armies are destroyed. Even the nicest players seem to have trouble understanding that and treat them more like pets, probably because they don't appear to talk.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

As much as the meteor troupe says they love the Mayor, one gets the impression that they do not take him all that seriously. I wonder how they'd react if they knew just what the poor guy has been through.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
sure ok why not do self-referential humor after this thing has only existed a month

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A big flaming stink posted:

sure ok why not do self-referential humor after this thing has only existed a month
It's the same guy so less self-referential and more a straight-up sequel.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

JT Jag posted:

It's the same guy so less self-referential and more a straight-up sequel.

Seriously. No need to have

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) < a big flaming stink about it

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well after like a month I think I'm just going to subscribe to the RSS for the main site, delete the one for Paradox Space, and then unbookmark this thread. I just haven't cared for any of the Paradox Space comics at all so far. I'll just wait for this comic to wrap up in a year or something, and then come back to this thread for the in-depth on stuff I missed. Anyone else feel the same?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Plom Bar posted:

Seriously. No need to have

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) < a big flaming stink about it

You mean a big farming stink, you buttlass.

Also, spoilers for the current story.

IUG posted:

Well after like a month I think I'm just going to subscribe to the RSS for the main site, delete the one for Paradox Space, and then unbookmark this thread. I just haven't cared for any of the Paradox Space comics at all so far. I'll just wait for this comic to wrap up in a year or something, and then come back to this thread for the in-depth on stuff I missed. Anyone else feel the same?

I understand the feeling.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
This week's PXS is written by Hussie himself!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I like the start so far.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

To be fair on Dad I'd struggle with such a hard decision as well.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Dear parents: this is every clothes shopping trip ever for your kids.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

IUG posted:

Pretty much yeah.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Eh, reading a paradox space strip is free and takes like... 1-5 seconds?
I have not been impressed but I'm going to just keep watching and hope for someone to actually make something interesting beyond a quick joke.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It costs time. We're not maid of the stuff.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
seeing hussie actually write the dialog for once really shows just how lovely most of the dialog made by the other webcomicists has been.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Does it? I wouldn't call the four or so lines we've seen so far to be all that exceptional. At most they feel more authentic since we know they're coming from "the source".

The art style is kind of neat, though. It puts me in mind of a newspaper comic.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

A big flaming stink posted:

seeing hussie actually write the dialog for once really shows just how lovely most of the dialog made by the other webcomicists has been.

I love how Hussie took all of two pages before priming us for a pesterlog, too.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm amused that pie tins (presumably for pie throwing) is considered a fatherly thing that would be stocked at the Dadly Depot and not just an amusing eccentricity of John's Dad. Either that, or Dad shops here regularly enough that they special-order the tins for him.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh my god, Authentic Dave. I forgot how long it had been.

No one but Hussie gets his voice right.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

"one of my iller beat sessions" *mental image of literally holding a thermometer to a beet*

Oh my god

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

YellerBill posted:

"one of my iller beat sessions" *mental image of literally holding a thermometer to a beet*

Oh my god

It's a shame the submission period for the t-shirt contest is over, because the text "one of my iller beat sessions" with that image would make for an awesome shirt.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bobulus posted:

I'm amused that pie tins (presumably for pie throwing) is considered a fatherly thing that would be stocked at the Dadly Depot and not just an amusing eccentricity of John's Dad. Either that, or Dad shops here regularly enough that they special-order the tins for him.

There was an incident, when he initially discovered that pie tins were not considered standard Dadly accoutrement.

Lawyers had to get involved.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

YellerBill posted:

Oh my god
A sickly-looking beet, may I add.

How a beet would look sickly, I do not know, but this one does.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Holy poo poo, has Hussie always been this good at writing about what 13-year-olds are like?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Love that Hussie. *motions as if to kiss fingertips* Perfecto.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ooh... there's the good, non-Erzats stuff there.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Man, I'm forced to read snippets of the comic from tumblr, because it simply refuses to load on the website proper. It sucks.

edit: I tried google images and managed to load them. No idea why.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 28, 2014

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
Here Dave has made an important distinction between the crotch and the dick. One comprises the other, and both would be clocked.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

snucks posted:

Holy poo poo, has Hussie always been this good at writing about what 13-year-olds are like?

It's pretty much the reason Homestuck became popular in the first place.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

mouseover posted:

You tried to click that, didn't you
I wanted to believe, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

H.R. Hufflepuff posted: