Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andy we want SAS for the buzzer beater!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Survey Says!

Hurf fails the Steal, which means Durf gets the 98 Points, for a total of 166 Points!

DURF WINS TRIBAL IMMUNITY!!!!!!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
gently caress

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
God

Dammit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your surveyees are stupid

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The responses for the final round

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
how

have any of you seen those game day threads?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Would the survey pool like to come forward for their public shaming now, because what in the Christ, seriously, your opinions are objectively wrong.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Would the survey pool like to come forward for their public shaming now, because what in the Christ, seriously, your opinions are objectively wrong.

Seriously

Two major, MAJOR E/N threads about this stuff:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3581492

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3503677

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

CapnAndy posted:

I wonder if BYOB was open at the time of that survey but the laziest answer was :) for most overused smiley, people just couldn't think of anything else I guess

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Suck it

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Error 404 - Page not Found

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

Error 404 - Page not Found

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581492

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3503677

There

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Also I'd like to hear more about the sterling reputations of D&D and loving FYAD

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Gotta hand it to Durf with the perfect immunity run eh eh?

We are Durf the Unsullied.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
no wait that came out wrong.

gently caress.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I wonder if BYOB was open at the time of that survey but the laziest answer was :) for most overused smiley, people just couldn't think of anything else I guess

Well to give you a taste of what our surveyers thought of BYOB, here is a question we had as a tiebreaker.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Also I'd like to hear more about the sterling reputations of D&D and loving FYAD

:laffo:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Well to give you a taste of what our surveyers thought of BYOB, here is a question we had as a tiebreaker.

Hahaha!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

FYAD has/had a lot of the funniest posters

Asiina posted:

Hahaha

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0HBhDb7AEY

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

FYAD is also the internet's last great troll lair

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So other insights, a reminder at who the survey was posed to:

quote:

We submitted a survey to a group consisting of mostly former Trad Games game players(survivor/mafia/etc) and you will be trying to guess their answers to those questions. We will ask you the same questions today, one at a time, and your teams goal is to correctly guess all of the top answers. Note that not every answer that was given to the survey is actually included in the results, only the top answers.

So I'm guessing the overlap with SAS wasn't super huge, it was answered, but it wasn't a top answer. I think it was like 2%.

Some of the answers to the signal to the noise question surprised me, I'm guessing that was people having different understandings of what the question meant.

Lastly, remember, these are goons who were surveyed. One person answered butts for every answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Lastly, remember, these are goons who were surveyed. One person answered butts for every answer.

This is basically the most important point of all.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

So other insights, a reminder at who the survey was posed to:

So I'm guessing the overlap with SAS wasn't super huge, it was answered, but it wasn't a top answer. I think it was like 2%.

Some of the answers to the signal to the noise question surprised me, I'm guessing that was people having different understandings of what the question meant.

Alternatively, they can also all go and eat a dick.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yaaaay

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Mills?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The Real Question.... Would "Butts" have been acceptable on a steal?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

The Real Question.... Would "Butts" have been acceptable on a steal?

We didn't consider any answers that only 1 or 2 people gave, so no, butts didn't make the cut.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think the challenge was fair and reasonable and I would like to thank our gracious hosts for allowing us to play such a magnificent game imo

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think the challenge was fair and reasonable and I would like to thank our gracious hosts for allowing us to play such a magnificent game imo

You're such a gently caress.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Chili posted:

You're such a gently caress.

That's rude language and I'd like an apology via singing telegram.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

That's rude language and I'd like an apology via singing telegram.

I'm going to the confessionals right now, and all I'm going to say is "YPM is a gently caress"

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I really do think it's the avatar, if I'm being honest.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Chili posted:

I really do think it's the avatar, if I'm being honest.

Like if Peter Dinklage was throwing a douchebag party.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Chili posted:

I'm going to the confessionals right now, and all I'm going to say is "YPM is a gently caress"

I'm going to the confessionals right now, and all I'm going to say is "Chili is a big bully." And you know what? The fans are going to side with me. Bullying is wrong Chili.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

That was a cool challenge to watch and I am sorry I was not in it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

I'm going to the confessionals right now, and all I'm going to say is "Chili is a big bully." And you know what? The fans are going to side with me. Bullying is wrong Chili.

Humility for the sake of approval is the greatest form of arrogance.

• Locked thread