Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

88 million pounds
A
B
A
That total expenditure puts us 5 million under the wage cap you've set and I think that's as much as the board can make it rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
70 Million Pounds
A
B
A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Side question, if this was real life the megabastards would just buy out our boys and spend us back into the basement. Accordingly are you going to jack up Bastard's/Meteor's transfer rate to like 100m and force someone to call our bluff, or will that make our lads mad and they'll leave at the first chance?

Shirra, Meteor, and the Bastard all have their asking price set at 60m. I might bump it to 70-80m. If a megabastard came to me with that much I'd have to sell, we could buy a comparable replacement and then some with that much money. But all three are content for the time being, and only Mujkic needs a new contract this offseason. Bastable didn't even have time to complain about having such a high price tag attached to him, he decided he wanted to stay right after we won the FA Cup.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

75 Million

ABA

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

70M Wage/Transfer budget.

A
B
A

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I hope that the conclusion to the Kropotkin conspiracy ends with a Pedigree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKUokfgSRg&t=38s

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
75M, ABA

I will stay true to my electoral promises. All of them.

habeasdorkus posted:

The season prediction contest is coming down to the wire, Trundel is winning at the moment thanks to having nailed all three relegation victims in order of finish, but AJ_Impy could match him if Manchester United win the Champion's League. If that happens I'll have the two of them take guesses as to the winners of the other major European leagues as a tiebreaker.

All of them. Et ceterum censeo Arsenal esse delendam.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Jesus, this is still the most miraculous play through I've ever seen.

70m
A
B
A

I'm going to be disappointed if the USMNT doesn't come knocking down the line. Also, is there a chance that Scott Brown could spend his twilight years trying to legitimize the MLS? Seems amusing imagining a demented Scott Brown who barely gives a poo poo turning something like the Columbus Crew into an MLS megabastard. After he hands off newly megabastard Wrexham to coach-in-waiting Justin Bailey of course.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
If that Bailey thing isn't made canon in one or two seasons' time then this thread has failed.

Tackleford City up in the Premier League with suddenly-even-ridiculouser finances (due to mutual friends) and Mind Controlled Bailey with "adjusted" stats.

It must happen.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved
75m, A, B, A. You've chosen well up until now; we trust in your ability to rein in your spending if disaster looms.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Bailey would never turn to drugs! My headcanon!

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
With apologies to Sir Terry Pratchett, a glimpse into the horrifying future that Bailey turned to drugs to try to avoid...

quote:

At times like this the image of old Justin Bailey floated across his memory. He’d been a first team member when Mujkic was a recruit. And, soon afterwards, he'd been retired. They’d all discussed it and decided to retire his number.

Bloody stupid idea, Mujkic thought moodily, staring at the wall. Bloke leaves the team, hands in his jersey and cleats and socks, and what’d we do for him? Make it so his number never goes onto the field again.

But he’d still come in to practice the next day, with his jersey dangling from the rafters. To show everyone the ropes, he said; to tidy up a few loose ends, haha. See you youngsters don’t get into trouble, haha. A month later he was bringing the unmarked bills in and sweeping the floor and running errands and helping scouts write player reports. He was still there five years later. He was still there six years later, when one of the players got in early and found him lying on the floor...

And it emerged that no one, no one, knew where he lived, or even if there was a Mrs. Bailey. They had a whip-round to bury him, Mujkic remembered. There were just players at the funeral...

Come to think of it, there were always just soccer players at a soccer player's funeral.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

100 million, A, B, A.

We're already well on our way to superstardom, might as well try to crash and burn through overspending for funsies.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

JT Jag posted:

1. Last year's wage/transfer expense was £40M, and we're making £12m of profit. I'd like to avoid dipping too far into the red, so let's increase that to £60M. That sounds like a lot now, but the Champion's League money truck should cover the difference. I don't want to increase it too much in case we fall out of the top four next year.
2. A. Sure, gently caress it.
3. B. gently caress it!
4. A Even if you don't use them, you sell them for a profit later. And it's not like this one costs money.

I vote for this because it's good business.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

80 million, A, B, A.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
A completely tactical 100m quid and ABA

I'd be in favour of more facilities upgrades if the option is there

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't get overboard, the last year's wage budget - if I understand it correctly - was high enough that it would have eaten all profit if not for the fact it wasn't used up.

So because we didn't even use the 40M$, because Bastable is back, and because our profits are volatile, we should approve only marginal improvements.

50M$ budget
A
A
B (is there a cost associated with the academy?)

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
65 mil, ABA

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Lets go for a solid 65 Million and A B A

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Arsenal have more riding on this Champion's League final than they could possibly imagine. :ohdear:

That aside, I vote £65 million and ABA.

Yes we're still in a pretty good spot financially at the moment but our players will soon be starting to ask for actual real wages as opposed to the relative peanuts we've been giving them. We also don't have a wealthy individual ready in the wings to cover our club's debts and more stringent Champions League financial fair play rules to content with. I think we better keep some powder dry for that. Especially since it'll be another season or two for our sponsorships to roll over and we get some money which is appropriate for this level out of them.

Btw, have we started filling out our stadium yet?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Tehan posted:

With apologies to Sir Terry Pratchett, a glimpse into the horrifying future that Bailey turned to drugs to try to avoid...

Old soccer players don't die, they just fade away. :(

Munin posted:

Btw, have we started filling out our stadium yet?

We've been at 97%+ average capacity since our first season in the EPL and have sold out more games than not. I'd guess this last season we could probably fill another 5-6k seats for big games over our capacity. That'll increase again next season, so we should probably start thinking about stadium expansion. The Racecourse Grounds can be expanded to 28,000 seats from the current 15,500. Wrexham is listed as a decent population center in the database, in the 100-250k range, so we'll be able to fill that on big days and probably average 22k or so.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 21, 2014

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

70 millions, improve everything

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

The amount is how much we'll spend on both player wages and transfers, not just wages.

We're spending 26m on salaries right now, so ~20m is the lower bound for votes. It's essentially a demand that I sell players. I'll put you down for that, but you're now my least favorite member of the electorate. If you want to vote for flat wages and zero transfer funds, let me know and I'll update that. :)

Likewise, I'd ask people to avoid going too high (above ~100m).
For a moment when that "26m on wages" came up I had no clue what was going on, then I remembered you've got your costs per year, rather than week as I tend to. 121m is fairly depressing in retrospect.

Anyway, 40-50m or so for transfer bids seems reasonable for a Tottenham/Everton team, so let's have a £70 million total budget.

Always improve training/youth facilities/youth level. Never don't have them on the go. Though this can sometimes lead to problems....

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Gonna put the wage and transfer cap at next years predicted NHL Salary Cap, 69.9 million pounds. Of course, that's actually substantially higher since it's pounds not dolla billz, but still.

As for the rest:
A
B
A

Gotta get those facilities high so that players will WANT to come to the barn.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

habeasdorkus posted:

The amount is how much we'll spend on both player wages and transfers, not just wages.

We're spending 26m on salaries right now, so ~20m is the lower bound for votes. It's essentially a demand that I sell players. I'll put you down for that, but you're now my least favorite member of the electorate.
Look man, I'm not the one that bundled space real estate with Bollywood cyberderivatives! Robot unemployment has reached 112%

edit: oh and I don't want to give you the impression that I don't enjoy the thread, I voted it 5 - but I don't like to see everything go your way!

Bozart fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 21, 2014

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
ABA

If we do well enough next year, money will be the least of our concerns. Champions League money is outrageous.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

Jesus, this is still the most miraculous play through I've ever seen.

70m
A
B
A

I'm going to be disappointed if the USMNT doesn't come knocking down the line. Also, is there a chance that Scott Brown could spend his twilight years trying to legitimize the MLS? Seems amusing imagining a demented Scott Brown who barely gives a poo poo turning something like the Columbus Crew into an MLS megabastard. After he hands off newly megabastard Wrexham to coach-in-waiting Justin Bailey of course.

The problem is that besides your three designated players there is a very strict salary cap in MLS so true megabastardom is impossible.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

60 million with a 10 million discretionary we need this guy now no matter what increase if needed

Improve everything, youth has served us well so far, why stop now.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
80 mil, ABA

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

canti32 posted:

80 mil, ABA

This sounds good to me.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

60m, 10m discretionary exceptional player fund with board approval prior to spending

Invest all the money in improving facilities.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
70 million should prove an adequate sum for the purpose.

ABA. Upgrade all the things.

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

1. Last year's wage/transfer expense was £40M, and we're making £12m of profit. I'd like to avoid dipping too far into the red, so let's increase that to £60M. That sounds like a lot now, but the Champion's League money truck should cover the difference. I don't want to increase it too much in case we fall out of the top four next year.
3. B. gently caress it!
4. A Even if you don't use them, you sell them for a profit later. And it's not like this one costs money.

This guy knows what's up.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

GenHavoc posted:

70 million should prove an adequate sum for the purpose.

ABA. Upgrade all the things.

Yes Please!

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

JT Jag posted:

3. B. gently caress it!

Yes indeed.

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

1. I guess I prefer realistic budgets. Something like £36 million should be good.
2. A
3. B
4. A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man U won the Champion's League, Trundel and AJ_Impy are tied for the contest. As the tiebreaker I'd like each of you to submit who you think won the Spanish, Italian, German, and French leagues. Whichever of you gets more right wins the contest.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 22, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

habeasdorkus posted:

Man U won the Champion's League, Trundle and AJ_Impy are tied for the contest. As the tiebreaker I'd like each of you to submit who you think won the Spanish, Italian, German, and French leagues. Whichever of you gets more right wins the contest.

Excellent. Still in with a shot, and you know what's in my sights.

Spanish: Real Madrid.
Italian: Roma.
German: Dortmund.
French: Monaco.

Sir Winston
Jul 27, 2009
Hello first time poster just to say I have been following the thread since the start and it has been an absolute joy, as a hardcore FM player back in the early 2000s instead of studying for university, this is a great nostalgia trip for me. 5'd and all that.

Onto the important stuff:

£70 million I feel this is more than enough to buy key new players and provide some essential back up. We can spend more once we are in the Champions League again.

ABA Getting facilities up to speed is essential if we are to show those megabastards that we can make the players they spend squillions on buying.

Oh one last thing, its nice to see Blackburn doing so well here compared to where we actually are now. I hope all of you who voted for them to go down are throughly ashamed. Just dont eat the chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

habeasdorkus posted:

Man U won the Champion's League, Trundle and AJ_Impy are tied for the contest. As the tiebreaker I'd like each of you to submit who you think won the Spanish, Italian, German, and French leagues. Whichever of you gets more right wins the contest.

Holy crap, gotta check that update from a previous year...

Spanish: Real Madrid.
Italian: Juventis.
German: Dortmund.
French: Lyon.

Go hockey goons in football!

For the regular vote.
80M in transfer I have no idea about wages and for the rest ABA. Give youth a chance! Also do we have a feeder club for young prospects? I honestly can't remember.

:Edit for proper ABA voting

Trundel fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 21, 2014

• Locked thread