Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'd be down for a key if anyone wanted to send me one

Received thank you

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

Hauki posted:

If anyone's got another spare, I have two friends who are way interested, and I can't decide which one to give my key to.

morgant x at google mail
And sent.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'd be down for a key if anyone wanted to send me one gassire@gmail.com

Sent.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
PM for code.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Daraken posted:

And sent.

Got it, thanks a ton!

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?
Ooh, looks like this draft I'm joining has infam0usne0 streaming!

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Do you plan on using it to your advantage?

Edit: taken.

eatenmyeyes fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 21, 2014

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?
Nah. I just checked his channel while I was waiting for the queue to fire.

EDIT: Lost to Xenavire and his plethora of white removal. So he's playing ne0 instead. Guess I might as well watch their match.

All Nines fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 20, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, just as a side note for any poors who just got a beta key and don't want to put down significant TCG cash, Hex has a sort-of subsciption model called the VIP program. It costs $4 a month and you get one booster pack a week. At some later date it's also going to give access to a VIP-only monthly tournament that is supposed to have swank prizes, but that part isn't yet implemented. The booster per week part works just fine now, though, which will let you get a steady trickle of cards for minimal cash. Or you can save the unopened boosters and use them to get into tournaments on the cheap.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Valatar posted:

Oh, just as a side note for any poors who just got a beta key and don't want to put down significant TCG cash, Hex has a sort-of subsciption model called the VIP program. It costs $4 a month and you get one booster pack a week. At some later date it's also going to give access to a VIP-only monthly tournament that is supposed to have swank prizes, but that part isn't yet implemented. The booster per week part works just fine now, though, which will let you get a steady trickle of cards for minimal cash. Or you can save the unopened boosters and use them to get into tournaments on the cheap.

So it's essentially paying up front for 4 boosters at $1 a piece? That's not bad.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

QPZIL posted:

So it's essentially paying up front for 4 boosters at $1 a piece? That's not bad.

:goonsay: $0.92 apiece, when you consider that there are 52 weeks in the year but only 12 $4 billing cycles.

Valatar fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 20, 2014

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
When I kickstarted Hex I pledged at the level of DungeonCrawler and ProPlayer. Since then I'm finding it difficult to find time to use up my free draft from my pro player tier and to do drafts to use up all my boosters. So, since I haven't even redeemed my DC code for 1 free year of drafts I'm looking to sell that code if anyone here is interested.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The worst time to be broke.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

Rhaegar posted:

When I kickstarted Hex I pledged at the level of DungeonCrawler and ProPlayer. Since then I'm finding it difficult to find time to use up my free draft from my pro player tier and to do drafts to use up all my boosters. So, since I haven't even redeemed my DC code for 1 free year of drafts I'm looking to sell that code if anyone here is interested.

What's your email address?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Have the snazzy card achievement and xp bars been implemented yet? I've checked out a few sites but the only ones that show a double back are the raptors from the kickstarter.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Have the snazzy card achievement and xp bars been implemented yet? I've checked out a few sites but the only ones that show a double back are the raptors from the kickstarter.

Nope. Probably coming nearer to PvE, which is already behind Auction House/Trading.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

DonnyTrump posted:

What's your email address?

oretes (gmail)

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For anyone who does like the game and does have money, now would be a good-ish time to throw money at platinum. Set 1 cards are probably going to have a value around the level of dirt given how many are in circulation, so I wouldn't spend the platinum on set 1 boosters unless you need them to draft with, but any cash infused into Hex at this point makes it a little less likely that legal fees will knock them out.

Additionally, most of the starter decks are a bad buy. Wait until trading is in the game and mooch off of other goons for commons, save platinum for boosters and tournament fees.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Valatar posted:

Additionally, most of the starter decks are a bad buy. Wait until trading is in the game and mooch off of other goons for commons, save platinum for boosters and tournament fees.

Worth noting for newcomers that the Orc deck is by far the best free starter to pick, since it includes two extremely good rares: Te'talca, and Gore Feast of Kog'tepel.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
I have a spare beta key. PM me for it.

If you don't intend on spending money on cards, don't bother. Please just wait until open beta and PvE.

Bonus points if you're in Oceania or Asia.

Edit: Taken.

Afgad fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 21, 2014

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
I just ran into my first bugged draft tournament. I had a deck with two Volcannons(both of them were 4th or 5th picks), a nicely curved assortment of robots and dwarves, and some decent removal. I was feeling really good about it, but by the 4th turn of the first game, the game lagged out or something.

I know that support should take care of the draft ticket, but it sucks I didn't get to play one of the better sets of cards I drafted. As a small consolation, I did get to pick up a Eye of Creation without even giving up a good pick. Not that it would have mattered if I had just rare drafted :(.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

torgo posted:

I just ran into my first bugged draft tournament. I had a deck with two Volcannons(both of them were 4th or 5th picks), a nicely curved assortment of robots and dwarves, and some decent removal. I was feeling really good about it, but by the 4th turn of the first game, the game lagged out or something.

I know that support should take care of the draft ticket, but it sucks I didn't get to play one of the better sets of cards I drafted. As a small consolation, I did get to pick up a Eye of Creation without even giving up a good pick. Not that it would have mattered if I had just rare drafted :(.

Reconnecting is in if you DC, I've been able to successfully reconnect before. Not that they tell you this anywhere.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I might have been able to reconnect, but I didn't actually ever disconnect. I was just in a stalled out game. I figured it might come back at any second. When I restarted the client, I'm sure I was past the inactivity timer. If it happens again, I'll probably try restarting the client sooner.

Does reconnecting work halfway decently now? The last I read about it, it MIGHT get you back for the current game/match, but continuing in the tournament was more iffy.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Drafting tonight!

http://www.twitch.tv/mikujin

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

torgo posted:

Does reconnecting work halfway decently now? The last I read about it, it MIGHT get you back for the current game/match, but continuing in the tournament was more iffy.

I've seen it work on a stream or two. The one time I disconnected I didn't have the presence of mind to get back in time to check.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Is there an in-game tutorial? IF not, what is the best way to "jump in"?

Btw, really awesome of all you to share codes and throw some good tips our way. Thanks!

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

vulturesrow posted:

Btw, really awesome of all you to share codes and throw some good tips our way. Thanks!

No ingame tutorial yet. You can always go to the Proving Grounds to play against the AI, but the AI isn't always the smartest.

Infamousneo is a streamer and he has a lot of videos up on his YouTube channel that might help provide some insight into the game: https://www.youtube.com/user/neoikaruga/videos

His latest video features a turn 3 Reginald Lancashire in draft. It's pretty awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgq_jt4HVMw

I honestly feel like watching some of the Hex streamers can be a great way to learn more about the game, drafting, cards, etc.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

vulturesrow posted:

No tutorial yet. If you've played Magic, you know 95‰ of the rules.

Sign up for VIP, they're the cheapest packs you'll find. Don't buy packs unless you plan to draft them.

Auction House will be here soon, and every non-chase rare card will be worth pennies.

I haven't tried it myself, but you'll probably have some good games if you ask in chat to play against starters or pauper decks.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Just got into a draft where every pack I opened was mostly garbage(all 3 had Pact of Pain as their rare, which isn't awful, but come on.) and then I got passed mostly garbage. I managed to draft a couple of removal and it wasn't until midway through pack two where I could even pick a color because nothing I drafted was worth making a deck out of.

Gonna edit this post when I go 0-2 in round one to cry about it.

edit: I went 0-2 and had to mulligan to 5 both games to get a single shard in my opening hand. :qq:

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 21, 2014

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Well we're 2-0 so far after building a very smooth ruby aggro deck chock full of value at the 2 and 3 drop slot, with good finishers like Royal Falconer and Hellhound.

Keep you guys posted!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I cannot draft an aggro deck without being paired against a deck where every single card incidentally gains life in round one.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Vincent Valentine posted:

Just got into a draft where every pack I opened was mostly garbage(all 3 had Pact of Pain as their rare, which isn't awful, but come on.)

I bet you didn't pick any of them, did you?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Some Numbers posted:

I bet you didn't pick any of them, did you?

I picked two and still ended up going white/red, a severe lack of blood shards being passed period. v:shobon:v

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

cheetah7071 posted:

I cannot draft an aggro deck without being paired against a deck where every single card incidentally gains life in round one.

Those are my favorite kinds of decks to draft so far. :getin:

Ironically I'm drafting a ruby/blood orc aggro deck just at the moment. It will probably be bad and lose.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Vincent Valentine posted:

I picked two and still ended up going white/red, a severe lack of blood shards being passed period. v:shobon:v

I ask because I want to obtain some number of them and I haven't cracked any yet.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Lost round 2 to a super strong value Blood/Sapphire deck. He drew all the answers on time in game 1, and game 2 well mulled to a 1-lander (with 2 2 drops in our grip) and missed on lands for 3 turns. He managed to hit 9 land drops, and we had 4. Ouch.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

cheetah7071 posted:

Lifegain stall decks are actually surprisingly decent in Hex, even without Righteous Paladins. I've done really well with Dimmid as a champion.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I managed not to get knocked out in the first round in my 3rd draft ever :shobon:
This is addicting.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zurai posted:

Lifegain stall decks are actually surprisingly decent in Hex, even without Righteous Paladins. I've done really well with Dimmid as a champion.

I just haven't faced them at all except when drafting R/x aggro decks.

It's ok, I won this time it was just frustrating for my opponent to have a bunch of bad cards that counter exactly this strategy and no other frustratingly well in the main deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
If anyone's still got a spare key, I know someone looking for one. PM me

• Locked thread