Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I like how incognito tells you what you need for each step and where you can get it while failing to mention that you won't since the drop rates are so low.
If they didn't tell you, you would never find out. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

KittyEmpress posted:

The one that doesn't cost 8+ Dings because I have no dings.

You want to do an excursion. That's the one I know very little about. =(

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

FebrezeNinja posted:

Blacksmithing ones do, but poison-making ones get parry endurance instead. I'm surprised I haven't seen more trade in them for people using non-pomf unarmed sets.

They don't show up in the trade search unless you go by name and even then the only ones people sell are poo poo unupgraded jade for 79 ding.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

What counts as a faction to complete? And where can I get the daily instance run quest?

The npc at your school for excursion gives 2 daily quests. One for gcc that gives 4, and one for yanmen pass that gives 6. Faction numbers 25 and below have one certificate in the chest from beating one six times in one day, and they are a rare drop from the prize chests in the factions themselves.

I have also seen them from boss chests in gcc. The sullen wooden box is wood quality, so make sure to set the roll quality to wood items.

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 20, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Weird graphics bug, a client restart fixed it. It only showed up on certain walls but it was pretty hilarious at first until I entered this room and all the walls and platforms started tripping out. :350:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Haquer posted:

Weird graphics bug, a client restart fixed it. It only showed up on certain walls but it was pretty hilarious at first until I entered this room and all the walls and platforms started tripping out. :350:

This looks like the same effect that follows your blade when you use the Soul-Stealing Sting spam attack. I wonder if that's just a missing shader or something.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Welp. One more hour for hua invites, and apparently I have enough invites to get suckered into fighting.

I'm going to try to fight Hejie in round 1.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Decided to get some kidnap liangs in for once, since the city tonight is Chengdu.

I see a Guardianes with a kidnap sack on top of a wall that I'm running on and didn't feel like fighting him so I just walk by and jump off to the Trafficker. Right as I land, he hits the vagrant red armor multihit because he's a loving moron I guess so I utterly destroy him:

Eliirae
Mar 30, 2011

Kylra posted:

Join a faction. Or join WV and get perish blade plus a mentor for third inner and do tornadoes once you have it leveled some and a few meridians rolling. Get those jianghu inner fragments. I hear Beast Villa's set is good for PvE though, which is what you need at the start, so maybe that's another quick route to tornadoes while doing a faction at the same time.

If you can get on your old character, you may have a million cultivation, chi and such for the returning hero event. Maybe even a free month of VIP. Plus you'll have a bigger accumulated chi pool, which is a big deal for starting out. Just betray if you don't want the school.

Event page here, sign in with your old account, click #3: http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/tempest_strife/page4.html

Thank you very much! I'll have to decide if I want to continue on White Tiger or move to Blue Dragon. At least I'll be able to play pretty kungfu princess either way.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Eliirae posted:

Thank you very much! I'll have to decide if I want to continue on White Tiger or move to Blue Dragon. At least I'll be able to play pretty kungfu princess either way.

Playing without goons is an awful way to experience this game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But if you play with goons, it'll still be awful, but you get to commiserate.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

ponzicar posted:

Faction numbers 25 and below

What does this mean, because it all sounds like chinagame to me.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

KittyEmpress posted:

What does this mean, because it all sounds like chinagame to me.

If you look at the faction list (My Battle->Faction List in the lower left part of the screen), each faction has a number on the list. Lower numbers mean higher level.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

The new cash shop set is supposed to be the external version of slut stings and also the start of the real slide into p2w hell so if you're a beggar or whatever buy up~

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So apparently the new cash shop set is, get this, ANOTHER EXTERNAL SET.

AND OH BOY WHAT A SET IT IS

A 20% slow (spam) that when inflicted 3 times becomes a 2 sec paralyze (!2s cd!), a flying skill cancel (12s cd), an AoE knockdown with yellow armor (12s cd), a 15% extra damage debuff spam (!2s cd again!), a parry that knocks you back after 10 hits, a shadow clone that prevents flying skills for 10 seconds AND with which you can switch places with instantly two times (using any other move in the set, mind you), hitting everyone around you AND the clone, and finally, a TEN HIT RAGE WITH 250% SCALING OFF BREATH/BRAWN.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So whats all this about internal and external damage? Say Im a pretty princess in the POMF faction and I want the new slut dancing princess sting set which is mostly yin-soft, will I be hampered by it in one way or another?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So yeah, the new set is going to be amazing and go loving figure the loving stupid loving 4-6 pages aren't at the goddamn doctor snailgames stop doing this bullshit.

I really want to see all the damage when you have the set leveled but gently caress grinding those factions :negative:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Eliirae posted:

Just play with goons. You also might be able to send the rewards to Blue Dragon even if your old character is on White Tiger. Just be sure to make the Blue Dragon character before you claim things.

Hole Wolf posted:

The new cash shop set is supposed to be the external version of slut stings and also the start of the real slide into p2w hell so if you're a beggar or whatever buy up~
Lets be real, it will only make p2w cost $30 instead of $3000. Pay to Win for everyone!

Kylra fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 21, 2014

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I want the new set simply for the "Paint me like one of your French girls" pose. It's a must for my Rootless.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

SweetBro posted:

I want the new set simply for the "Paint me like one of your French girls" pose. It's a must for my Rootless.

The new set sounds amazing but Jesus wept I really don't want to get another weapon and grind weapon manuals to jiggle my hobo booty like a smelly pirate hooker.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

HapiMerchant posted:

So apparently the new cash shop set is, get this, ANOTHER EXTERNAL SET.

AND OH BOY WHAT A SET IT IS

A 20% slow (spam) that when inflicted 3 times becomes a 2 sec paralyze (!2s cd!), a flying skill cancel (12s cd), an AoE knockdown with yellow armor (12s cd), a 15% extra damage debuff spam (!2s cd again!), a parry that knocks you back after 10 hits, a shadow clone that prevents flying skills for 10 seconds AND with which you can switch places with instantly two times (using any other move in the set, mind you), hitting everyone around you AND the clone, and finally, a TEN HIT RAGE WITH 250% SCALING OFF BREATH/BRAWN.

Jesus gently caress.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Jesus gently caress.

Rage was doing ~1200 damage before crits at level 1 for me. And since it's 10 hits crits will definitely be more often :black101:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

Rage was doing ~1200 damage before crits at level 1 for me. And since it's 10 hits crits will definitely be more often :black101:

I just noticed it has a Zed (from LoL ) style teleport. Dammit. Now I gotta buy it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So whats all this about internal and external damage? Say Im a pretty princess in the POMF faction and I want the new slut dancing princess sting set which is mostly yin-soft, will I be hampered by it in one way or another?
External sets have damage reduced by armor. Internal sets are reduced by internal defense of the appropriate type.

Each skill set is taichi, yin, yang, soft or hard in addition to the internal/external designation. If you use an inner of a compatible type (a yin set with yinsoft inner for instance) you get +20% damage. Taichi inners get +16% with the other 4 types. Yinsoft inners (POMF) get +16% with taichi sets and +0% with yang or hard sets. Yanghard inners get +16% with taichi sets and +0% with yin or soft sets.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 21, 2014

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Haroshia posted:

The new set sounds amazing but Jesus wept I really don't want to get another weapon and grind weapon manuals to jiggle my hobo booty like a smelly pirate hooker.

Basically this exactly. I still love Victorious (because I am a terrible player with bad ping and that set worked great for me) and I cannot even manage to get more skill levels and a nice staff for that loving set. Akeenai I think uses Mozi on koop and I haven't time to level it yet either--another set would just rot away. 5USD I would throw at it but 30USD (I assume) is a bit pricey to sit and rot. If Snail wants to throw new sets around like candy, they should consider a knee-jerk buy price and then every player buys sets all the time.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
It's twin daggers(double sting)? If so I guess I have to buy it. Sigh

Jorgos Nuuh fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 21, 2014

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hole Wolf posted:

Tianluo Dance, Eight Trigrams Staff, and Shura Blades. Those three sets will end up dominating for a looong time (forever), Eight Trigrams and Shura Blades especially.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

funakupo posted:

Basically this exactly. I still love Victorious (because I am a terrible player with bad ping and that set worked great for me) and I cannot even manage to get more skill levels and a nice staff for that loving set. Akeenai I think uses Mozi on koop and I haven't time to level it yet either--another set would just rot away. 5USD I would throw at it but 30USD (I assume) is a bit pricey to sit and rot. If Snail wants to throw new sets around like candy, they should consider a knee-jerk buy price and then every player buys sets all the time.

They interviewed Intoxicate about lowering the price she said that she thought the exclusivity was what really mattered, so keep the prices high! :downs:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They interviewed Intoxicate about lowering the price she said that she thought the exclusivity was what really mattered, so keep the prices high! :downs:

Her boyfriend pays for everything so why does she care.

gently caress I hate pay2wins

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

My double stings are nearly capped in manuals, and everything else barely has any, so this is probably going to be pretty nice for me when I have to 1v1 a fool.

Now if only they would release a perish blade replacement cash shop set...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well, ok then. I hope she is putting GreatEast levels of money into the game at least.

funakupo posted:

5USD I would throw at it but 30USD (I assume) is a bit pricey to sit and rot. If Snail wants to throw new sets around like candy, they should consider a knee-jerk buy price and then every player buys sets all the time.
If you do kidnapping every day the whole time it is active on one VIP account, you can probably get it for ~$8 or less. That requires you to be on to do the kidnapping though.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 21, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Once again, Honeybeez ignores any type of chat until literally half of Peach is on his rear end about him being goddamn awful at the game and not paying attention. We tell him to air tank the boss instead of constantly resetting it, since it's the only way to get materials to make masks so he tells us to make an array and use Charge and Breakthrough which you can only use in Forbidden instances. So I let him know this while calling him a loving idiot and he stops talking again.

In other news, somebody wanted our help for a task of theirs while we were doing the faction boss (it only spawns twice daily and you have to kill him in 20 minutes and with his healing he takes ~4.5mil damage or so to kill) and this happened:

He tells me off and basically thinks everyone is on his side until Huyet jumps in and also tells the guy to get to the event boss :v:

Also, Yang..Guo into incest???

:gonk:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

To be overly fair, I know that in Korean the word that translates.to date can be used for any outing with friends, family, or girl/boyfriends. Though there are less formal versions used for dating too? I forget - I haven't taken a Korean class in three years, and only was in one for six months. Not sure about Vietnamese.

Is spending thirty dollars on a set seriously worth it though?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Also, Yang..Guo into incest???

:gonk:

Not surprised.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

KittyEmpress posted:

To be overly fair, I know that in Korean the word that translates.to date can be used for any outing with friends, family, or girl/boyfriends. Though there are less formal versions used for dating too? I forget - I haven't taken a Korean class in three years, and only was in one for six months. Not sure about Vietnamese.

If you're external built, yes. 1690 damage at level 3, I want it at 8 now.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haroshia posted:

I just noticed it has a Zed (from LoL ) style teleport. Dammit. Now I gotta buy it.

While we're comparing skills to champs in LoL, it also has a Shen taunt that makes a player walk towards you for 4 seconds.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

No probably not but you can always find solace in people spending 20 times more on just one random skill from a set (ancient tai chi) than a complete cash shop set.

PassiveSentence posted:

While we're comparing skills to champs in LoL, it also has a Shen taunt that makes a player walk towards you for 4 seconds.
Its more like Ahri's since its a ranged charm rather than a melee taunt.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

PassiveSentence posted:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its more like Ahri's since its a ranged charm rather than a melee taunt.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds

I thought we were getting the scimitar set next? What happened to that.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

It depends on the set. For instance, I find Yuanyang to be very useful in a lot of situations from assassinations, to assassination defense, to guild wars. That spin vacuum+stun is niiice, as is the armor airdash capability which I use for things like tornadotime and rushing throne interruptions. If this set is as good as it is claimed to be, then yeah probably. Especially if it is competitive with something like ancient dog beating (which I don't really know at the moment).

You can use your kidnap taels and get the people selling cash shop items to buy it for you, which is technically cheaper. Unless you're cool with spending $30 on it or are bad at kidnapping.

randombattle posted:

I thought we were getting the scimitar set next? What happened to that.
The books dropping are a bug. The set isn't even out in china yet from what the forums are saying.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

So I've been kicked for

1. Having a Character that was gifted to me
2. Doing whatever I want with that Character, since it is mine now.
3. Not having time to sperg wushu 12 hours a day
4. The time I do have I do not have during Guild Wars or Events
5. Being a little overexcited about the character in the first TWO days.
6. Being friends with someone else other than our "allies"

I admit I was a bit cocky about playing the character when I first got it, but that quickly settled when I realized things had changed, and that the char alone doesnt make for winning fights, but since then I've been nothing but nice to people, so I wouldnot "upset" any alliances or politics I have no clue about, only chatted dueled and killed the random brasil.

People need to realize Feedz left, and he left me the Character, all I did to it I did AFTER asking Feedz what he thought, and I think if you knew him at all you'd know that he would never have given me Account Access if he had any intent of coming back.

I am sad to see that such decisions are taking on a whim it seems the loss of Feedz and Ilwrath did not make the guild fare very well as it became TDH USA branch, police the members, care about the allies , run the carts!

But it's fine I follow so many Goons that left to noTrabbu, very sad, did not want to, you made me :(

Edit:
Also I think its pretty disrespectful to feedz to claim he gave it to me cuz hurr shes a girl he has more sense than that

I helped him 6 hours every monday to friday with the stupid superinner for 2 months, as well as giving him literally everything that wasnt bound to sell so he could power to 64 jianghu and 49 wv 4th, what did you do for him?

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

I am sad to see that such decisions are taking on a whim it seems the loss of Feedz and Ilwrath did not make the guild fare very well as it became TDH USA branch, police the members, care about the allies , run the carts!

It wasn't made on a whim, several of us talked about it.

TDH USA branch, what? Also, we don't police anyone, I just tell people that if they gently caress with allies they'll get hosed with back which has been the golden rule since forever?

And nobody tells anyone to run carts :rolleye:

Edit: and your main leaving goons to join MO and then you popping up into guild chat on Feedz's character was a pretty big red mark :shrug: