Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It'd be better than random s-link person. Though I guess to be fair I really, really don't like that girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also, Ken is a middle schooler at this point, and you went to the high school in the P4 trip.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

How old was Ken in P3? I thought he was around 12 then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

How old was Ken in P3? I thought he was around 12 then.
He was 10-11. His DOB is given as June 24, 1998, and the game takes place in 2008-2009.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Manatee Cannon posted:

It'd be better than random s-link person. Though I guess to be fair I really, really don't like that girl.

Having Ken in more things would not be better than literally anything.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I only noticed now that it's Ken's old hoodie on Koromaru.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It looks better on Koromaru anyways.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PureRok posted:

Having Ken in more things would not be better than literally anything.

Fine, let's go in the opposite direction and have it be Shinji's ghost controlling a robot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Crossposting from the P4A thread:

S-Alpha posted:

drat, that's some Maragidyne right there.

Edit: And an IK shot for the hell of it.

So, Koro is Ken Persona now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No, if you look he has persona cards and a meter for Kuro. His gimmick is probably that he has two types of strikers/assists/whatever you wanna call them.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What if Ken's just the hitbox for balance purposes and Koro and Cerberus is all his attacks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

No, if you look he has persona cards and a meter for Kuro. His gimmick is probably that he has two types of strikers/assists/whatever you wanna call them.

Man, the newcomers have some really weird mechanics :psyduck:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Man, the newcomers have some really weird mechanics :psyduck:
Eh, not really. It's basically the exact mechanic that Relius from BlazBlue has, just presumably without the toggle that he has. Rera from Samurai Shodown doesn't have a meter, but she's literally a fighting game character who has a dog that assists her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjL6e37EQok

Though I doubt Ken'll be riding Kuro around.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think it's more the fact that in the first arena not many characters had any major mechanics and now in the sequel they're bringing out everything they have into the new characters.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dehry posted:

Well, Naoto's persona does change in her LN spinoff, and I wouldn't be surprised if in P4D if the characters look different.

Also scan:

So what's the deal with Theodore in that shot with Fuuka down in the bottom right corner?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
He's most likely the special P3 character they said would be appearing in Story Mode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder how they'll differentiate him from Elizabeth, assuming he is a playable character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Accordion Man posted:

He's most likely the special P3 character they said would be appearing in Story Mode.

If true, that would be really lame.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

I think it's more the fact that in the first arena not many characters had any major mechanics and now in the sequel they're bringing out everything they have into the new characters.

There are actually several characters that have mechanics their gameplan revolves around. Naoto has her death counter, Yukiko has fire boost and break which were how you sink in damage with her. Aegis' Orgia Mode and Bullets were an effective part of how she's meant to be played too. This not mentioning both Labrys' axe levels (And the bull for Slabrys) being a large part of how you play with them. There already existed a ton of silly mechanic based characters, really they're just adding two more. The other characters they've added are more traditional in how they play like basic rushdown (Sho) and zoning (Yukari). SHO also seems like a pretty simple character too and for all we know Adachi will be basic too, although the latter is just speculation for now.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If true, that would be really lame.

He's probably restricted to story mode like Margaret, so get ready.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's pretty much how the story progression in P4A went. Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko and Chie introduced you to the basic archetypes - Shoto, speedster, zoner, rushdown, and none of them (barring maybe Yosuke) are too difficult to play. Teddie and Kanji are the unpredictables and the grappler, who need a bit more skill to play well but are still pretty viable to mash. Then the P3 cast and Naoto have more complex mechanics, before finishing off with Labrys, Shadow Labrys and Elizabeth.

Among the new cast, Yukari is supposedly easy to learn, Junpei and Ken look a bit more complex to pull off well, and Rise and the two Shos are a bit quirky but not too bad, so I'd say it's a nice learning curve.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I have a feeling that Theodore and/or Margaret are going to take over Igor's role. I can picture Margaret running the Velvet Room and Theo being her assistant.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

I have a feeling that Theodore and/or Margaret are going to take over Igor's role. I can picture Margaret running the Velvet Room and Theo being her assistant.
Isn't that basically what they're doing in Persona Q?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kinda. Elizabeth and Marie are back in the Velvet Room as well, which I doubt will be the case in games going forward.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Kinda. Elizabeth and Marie are back in the Velvet Room as well, which I doubt will be the case in games going forward.
Go back to the P2 system of there being like five people in the Velvet Room, I'd be down for that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I miss Igor :(

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh god Koro's dog hoodie is the best.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think they're retiring the character out of respect for the Japanese VA, who passed away. They just reuse voice clips from the games for the P3 movies and the P4 anime.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Go back to the P2 system of there being like five people in the Velvet Room, I'd be down for that.

I prefer them actually giving them characterization, personally. Doubt Elizabeth or Marie will be back. I'm kinda hoping for an all new Velvet Room crew in P5 if Igor isn't returning, though Margaret being the master is fine too.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I prefer them actually giving them characterization, personally. Doubt Elizabeth or Marie will be back. I'm kinda hoping for an all new Velvet Room crew in P5 if Igor isn't returning, though Margaret being the master is fine too.

I'd be down with having half your social links being velvet room people. Who wouldn't hang out with the demon painter?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just excited to see what the new Velvet Room is. After going from an elevator to an old Mercedes limo, I hope P5 has you and Margaret and whoever just bouncing through the void on pogo sticks (the most emancipated form of transport) or something.

Also I am much more intimidated of Shadow Ken than I feel I should be. He is a teen, and will shank me.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
A doctor's office, because we've been waiting so drat long.

kick_the_penguin
Jul 8, 2012
Does anyone know if you can get Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne off PSN in Europe?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

kick_the_penguin posted:

Not there yet, unfortunately.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If they're really commited to doning something new on P5 the best they could do is have completely new staff on the Velvet Room. Having any of the white hair family would serve as a constant reminder of the P3/P4 world.

And how ATLUS' gonna milk it until the end of times the three are a lock to show on P5 :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If they're really commited to doning something new on P5 the best they could do is have completely new staff on the Velvet Room. Having any of the white hair family would serve as a constant reminder of the P3/P4 world.

And how ATLUS' gonna milk it until the end of times the three are a lock to show on P5 :v:

It kind of sucks if we're really losing Igor. He was kinda the link back to P1. He's like Persona's STEVEN. I think if they're dropping old longnose, we should have PCs reporting directly to Philemon in the Velvet Room.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

kick_the_penguin posted:

No, but there's nothing stopping you from making a new user account on your PS3 and a US PSN account to link it to, buying store credit from somewhere like amazon.com, buying the game and then playing it on your main account.

Edit: to buy from amazon.com you'll need to enter a valid US address as your billing address. If you don't want to do this/your bank raises a fuss about it or something then you can try a reseller like play-asia.com, but they tend to charge extra

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 21, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone got a compilation of all the P4A2 character scans so far?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nice hips, Ken.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Pollyanna posted:

Nice hips, Ken.

I told you before and I'll tell you again: They don't lie.

I'm very excited to see how all these new characters play out. There's a good enough variety in the original Arena that I never got bored, and this just amps things up dramatically, between the new characters and the shadow forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I forget, does this Ken/Koro announcment mean that Adachi won't be in P4AU? Or was that always going to be some sort of DLC thing?