Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

CapnAndy posted:

Hatch is sorta like Team Guido in Amazing Race -- defined the game and should never be discounted for doing so, but hopelessly outclassed when brought back to compete against a field full of people who had taken their revolutionary play as a starting point, competed against other people who were doing the same thing, and improved on it.

I don't think he's outclassed, he's just one of those people who says so much in confessionals that there's no way he's ever reducing his threat level in this game again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lindsey's quit might be the most pathetic quit out of all the quits. I already thought she was being way more horrible than Trish.

e: I take that back, Trish sucks just as bad

Rarity fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 21, 2014

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Rarity posted:

Lindsey's quit might be the most pathetic quit out of all the quits. I already thought she was being way more horrible than Trish.

counterpoint: BvW Colton

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dat first post-merge Tribal Council :suspense:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
#chaoskass

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Murmur Twin posted:

counterpoint: BvW Colton

"I'm so mad no one wants to have drama. I want to quit!"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rarity posted:

e: I take that back, Trish sucks just as bad

I doubt she would be top three or maybe even five, Osten, both Nicaragua quits, Johnny Fairplay and both Colton quits were worse

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there a site that streams survivor live? I've been watching on thursdays because I ditched cable (and am too lazy to buy a converter/antenna) but between my friends and the survivor game in the game room there's basically no way I can avoid spoilers until after work tomorrow, I think.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to be able to watch live tonight because the Blackhawks hockey game is way more important. But I'll be recording it and watching it right after the game ends. At least I'll get to skip the commercials and any extra crap like the hero walk.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TMMadman posted:

I'm not going to be able to watch live tonight because the Blackhawks hockey game is way more important. But I'll be recording it and watching it right after the game ends. At least I'll get to skip the commercials and any extra crap like the hero walk.

No livewatch for me since my bowling league started. I miss the Sunday finale.

also go hawks

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I doubt she would be top three or maybe even five, Osten, both Nicaragua quits, Johnny Fairplay and both Colton quits were worse

Fairplay's quit is always weird to me. On one hand it's lovely that only a few days into season he bailed and took up that spot. On the other hand at least his quit was having everyone vote him out at tribal council instead of quitting in addition to tribal council and forcing his tribe to lose an extra person like often will end up happening.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fairplay was saying he needed to get back to his pregnant girlfriend but now he says that was really a lie, she was pregnant and all, but the truth was he was still hosed up from the Bonaducci thing and needed painkillers and stuff. Like, he'd already been set to go on Survivor and was signed on for the season, so he went out there anyway, but it wasn't working and then he used the girlfriend thing to make a more dignified exit on his way out, heh. But yeah, at least he went out in a tribal council.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Fairplay at least went to Tribal, Osten and the Nicaragua quits were at least based on not being able to hack the environment. This was just quitting coz you don't like someone and they beat you.

I'll give you the second Colton quit though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It takes an odd set of guts to recognize that you don't feel mentally in control of your situation. Hate All Quitters, but I don't think Lindsay is nearly the worst of the worst.

Saying it was worse than NaOnka or Purple Kelly is just plain incorrect.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah I totally buy Lindsey's defense of worrying that she'd do something she'd regret if she stayed, I'd much rather someone recognize they're about to go Brandon Hantz and voluntarily remove themselves than go Brandon Hantz and be forcibly removed

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity posted:

Fairplay at least went to Tribal, Osten and the Nicaragua quits were at least based on not being able to hack the environment. This was just quitting coz you don't like someone and they beat you.

I'll give you the second Colton quit though.
Although Colton quitting the second time did probably help Caleb, so if that was his goal it worked.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spatula City posted:

Voting Garrett out was not a terrible move, really. Like, it would have been emotionally satisfying to ice J'Tia right then, but Kass and Tasha saw a strong alliance between Spencer and Garrett, needed to break it, and knew of the two that Garrett was the one least likely to help them in challenges, or maintain loyalty. Garrett and J'Tia were pretty much equally horrible, but Kass and Tasha made the calculation that, should they make the merge, J'Tia would be a more reliable vote. They still wouldn't have made that move if Garrett hadn't been so loving stupid the whole day after the immunity challenge. And also if he'd bothered to try allying with either Tasha or Kass, which he seems not to have done at all.
Both Garrett and J'Tia richly deserve to be on a "worst survivor players ever" list.

I don't think I hated J'Tia as much as everybody else. Dumping rice was bad, and she was horrible in challenges, but her confessionals were very lucid (not like, say, Na'Onka being a ho). She wasn't a good player, but she was fun to watch and I kind of wonder if Kass wouldn't have flipped with her around, since Spencer was making her I-don't-trust-my-alliance moves post-merge with Jeremiah and...Sarah?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Got my snacks ready for the finale.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How you feeling, Woo?

"Woo!"

Whoa. Sarah looks pregnant.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 21, 2014

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Morgan looks great.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Is there a site that streams survivor live?
You should check your PMs.
I think you have something there. ;)

vvv done

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 21, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Robnoxious posted:

Hey...yeah...me too please thanks dog

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Spencer looks like Ribs Kid.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
"Who still watches “Survivor”? I do, you pretentious jerks"

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/21/im_still_obsessed_with_survivor_and_you_should_be_too_inside_the_wild_world_of_survivor_superfans/

and, a masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRD-xCZstEQ

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess that was an alright article but

quote:

“Survivor” seems to be one of the few shows where viewers can call themselves “reality television purists” without much irony. It has evolved into a more complex and challenging game, but its principles have remained the same: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast. Where other reality shows might need sudden twists and curveballs, “Survivor” only really needs its own basic structure, and because the people who play will always be different, the game will always be different. No tricks, no gimmicks – just pure gameplay, which means that absolutely anything can happen.

Saying Survivor doesn't have crazy twists? :laffo:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

That is freaking brilliant. The drops of Tony's llama impressions are only surpassed by "This is huge... ooh oooooooohh I needed this". The world needs a Tony Vlachos sound board.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

BGrifter posted:

That is freaking brilliant. The drops of Tony's llama impressions are only surpassed by "This is huge... ooh oooooooohh I needed this". The world needs a Tony Vlachos sound board.

Turn captions on to see the lyrics -- makes it even better.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

I hate that song but this is pretty good.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ey yo everyone watchin this live come here to chat about it, it's tviv irc http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Robnoxious posted:

vvv done

would like a pm too :)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Robnoxious posted:

vvv done

Hey, hi.

Me too please.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Drop into the chatroom and I'll dish em out to you

http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net

You can choose whether to stay or leave after you get them.
So lonely :(

;)

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
Are there any more of those pms laying around?

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
And here we go...

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Previously on Nexal's E-penis race.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Here we gooooooo... Time to bring it home Spencer!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I didn't even realize that tonight was the finale. No more Sunday finale? Lame.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Hilarious delivery by Probst there. Your... favourite show... SURVIVOR!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Only posting now just as a bookmark so I can read along when I watch it later.

I'm off to the NHL gameday thread!

HAIL SATAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

TMMadman posted:

Only posting now just as a bookmark so I can read along when I watch it later.

I'm off to the NHL gameday thread!

HAIL SATAN!

That only works for the Cardinals!

EDIT: Just start the show already.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 22, 2014

• Locked thread