Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Okay I just read the new issue on ComiXology. My thoughts:

Interesting how the commoners in the Robot Kingdom have older TVs for heads.

Hazel is as cute as ever! and she has a pet!

That last page, Holy Crap, I hope this means something other than the obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I hope they don't chicken out of the last page.

Not that I want it to happen but committing to it is the best course now that they'e done it.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

That last page was such a sucker punch. The second before I turned the page, i was thinking to myself, "I love Saga so much, I should recommend it to my wife." Then bam. Now I feel sad.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This was in today's Daredevil:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Doubt anyone saw that last line coming!

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
My stomach sank and I exclaimed "oh, gently caress you!" a bit too loudly when I saw that.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
How does Daredevil read comics? All I can think of now is someone dictating Saga to him whilst exclaiming "OMG lying cat is so cute! Love him!"

Also full first page opener of robot birth was great. What an amazing way to get back in after a hiatus.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yawgmoft posted:

How does Daredevil read comics? All I can think of now is someone dictating Saga to him whilst exclaiming "OMG lying cat is so cute! Love him!"

I believe it's been acknowledged that Matt Murdock's sense of touch is so refined that he can read text by the different texture of the ink.

Also Lying Cat is female.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, that last page is why I love BKV. What a gut punch.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Man, that last page is why I love BKV. What a gut punch.

Yeah that was a fucker. But you know, just because they're going to split up , doesn't mean they're not going to get back together again later. Although given the ending of Y: The Last Man, maybe poo poo isn't going to all magically work itself out for these guys.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Maybe it's a play on words and they'll both be ripped in half:shrek:

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

krakagar posted:

Although given the ending of Y: The Last Man, maybe poo poo isn't going to all magically work itself out for these guys.
Y had signs early on that Beth wasn't as in to Yorrick as he was to her, I don't get that so much from Alana and Marko. But of course we haven't seen much of them since the time jump.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Iggles posted:

Y had signs early on that Beth wasn't as in to Yorrick as he was to her, I don't get that so much from Alana and Marko. But of course we haven't seen much of them since the time jump.

I'm not talking about Beth, I meant Yorick and 355. And that worked out just fine, eh?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
'Split up' doesn't have to mean 'break up.' It can also mean that bounty hunters force you to go in different directions and you can't find each other again for some time. This happens to me and my spouse all the time. no, it doesn't but this does happen in fiction

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Seldom Posts posted:

'Split up' doesn't have to mean 'break up.' It can also mean that bounty hunters force you to go in different directions and you can't find each other again for some time. This happens to me and my spouse all the time. no, it doesn't but this does happen in fiction

That's actually where I think the story is headed, but you never know.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Seldom Posts posted:

I think this is what will happen. Some event will happen forcing the last page to become true. Both will have wild crazy adventures alone on opposite sides of the galaxy or whatever, and then get together in maybe a year or two. At least that is what I hope will happen. :ohdear:

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Iggles posted:

Like the first issue where it's pretty clear Beth was going to reject Yorick's proposal.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think there is a good chance that Marko is going to cheat on Alana. Hazel mentions something effect that Marko always did well or charmed ladies. Since we still have the implication that one of the parents is going to die from the first issue, I thought that was possibly foreshadowing Marko as a widower. But we now have Marko as a dude who's wandered from his last fiance and is feeling a bit inadequate.

The last line hit me hard, but I'm okay with it. I think they're definitely going to break up. During the earlier conception scene, Hazel says, "My mom and dad used to have sex."

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So yeah, that stuff about Marko and Alana not being interesting that I said when I was first getting into the book?

Not really true anymore.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Saga is goddamned amazing and I love this comic.

Also: Skish. :swoon:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Jesus Christ, I really did not expect the turn this book took. I think it's pretty clear how a lot of the plot seeds are going to develop and I'm both excited and full of dread.

Two things that stood out to me: I like how they show the balloon flash on Dengo's screen. You think you know what it means, but then you get the actual explanation. I also want a print of the gently caress YES page.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Holy Crap. I see they weren't kidding with the preview tag "Something terrible happens". It looks like Alana and Marko's separation may not be forced after all :( .

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
:tviv:

I loving love this comic.

radlum
May 13, 2013
That was great. I hope the dance instructor is just a red herring and there's a less "normal" reason for the split; plain old cheating is kind of boring for such an interesting story.

Also, regarding the last pages is the janitor just crazy? Or does it seem like he is some sort of anty-monarchy terrorist?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Did you read his monologue? He's out for revenge because the lovely and unequal system hosed his son over.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
To be fair, Dengo might both be a little crazy and using his son as a justification for things he does more than anything else. It's hard to tell as we don't know much about him. I imagine we'll get some background to justify how he was able to act as such an effective assassin, killing so many guards. I do like the implication that the poorer robots don't have the internal weapons that other blue-bloods have.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Timeless Appeal posted:

To be fair, Dengo might both be a little crazy and using his son as a justification for things he does more than anything else. It's hard to tell as we don't know much about him. I imagine we'll get some background to justify how he was able to act as such an effective assassin, killing so many guards. I do like the implication that the poorer robots don't have the internal weapons that other blue-bloods have.

He's the cover figure of the next issue, so I expect we'll get a bit more regarding Dengo next month. Or maybe he'll just be a partial enigma for a while.

That entire ending sure was something. Something I'm surprised to not see anyone mention is that Prince Robot IV is following up on Heist's thoughts on opposition to war in a not so great way. I'm not totally sure what that means yet, but it's definitely very interesting.

And please don't let Marko do what we're all expecting him to do. I will be very sad. :ohdear:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh man I'm super into this comic. I started reading a few weeks ago and my friend texted me asking if I'd reached the giant ballsack monster yet.

I knew I was going to be hooked

radlum
May 13, 2013

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Did you read his monologue? He's out for revenge because the lovely and unequal system hosed his son over.

Yeah, but I wasn't sure if the guy is just crazy or crazy and part of a bigger movement. I guess we'll find out later.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Hmm. Who here thinks that Dengo actually had a son who died, and wasn't just spinning bullshit? Because that "I forget" instead of something like "It doesn't matter" makes me just a little suspicious.

I also have to wonder how he could have killed both guards by himself, much less that cluster of servants.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I have a feeling that he might end up being like Frank Castle where the trigger and his reason are two different things.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The way I interpreted it was that it was long enough ago that the memory of his son literally making GBS threads himself to death kinda crowded it out.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

When the heck does the Google Play store post the new issues? I wanna read this danged comic!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Wendell posted:

When the heck does the Google Play store post the new issues? I wanna read this danged comic!

comixology has it up already.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
e: oh man that reply was from a month ago-- woops

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Timeless Appeal posted:

And that your social status affects how hi tech your tv is.

radlum posted:

That was great. I hope the dance instructor is just a red herring and there's a less "normal" reason for the split; plain old cheating is kind of boring for such an interesting story.

I'm thinking he's not going to cheat but that the presence of someone else interested is going to make the strain of the drug plot less tolerable for him.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 24, 2014

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I don't think Marko is going to cheat but Alana is going to make something huge out of it in a drug induced stupor and they're both stubborn enough for that to be the end of it.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Prince Robot IV will probably be headed to Gardenia in pursuit of his son, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have to split up to save Hazel (as one poster already mentioned).

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What a great loving issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

All right, now let's speculate on what exactly Hazel's "accent" was. Did she somehow explode orange pee/poo everywhere? Did Friendo sneeze on her? Just what is goin' on here!

• Locked thread