Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chili posted:

I really do think it's the avatar, if I'm being honest.

:munch:

That avatar is so good I voted it initial HOH in Awful Big Brother before YPM pulled out and got replaced. For somebody even worse than YPM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
You know? I'll actually redact my "You're being a gently caress", I do apologize. I don't know you very well and we haven't been on the same tribe yet.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Rarity posted:

That avatar is so good I voted it initial HOH in Awful Big Brother before YPM pulled out and got replaced. For somebody even worse than YPM.

I didn't even know the game had started, I was out of the country :(

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
Can I vote YPM?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dhaes posted:

Can I vote YPM?

We just had a discussion on the evils of bullying, come on.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dhaes posted:

Can I vote YPM?
technically you can

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't know when you viewers at home see them or if they get edited down or what, so I just want to say, I hope everyone enjoyed my confessional.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CapnAndy posted:

I don't know when you viewers at home see them or if they get edited down or what, so I just want to say, I hope everyone enjoyed my confessional.

This annoys me even more than Next Time on Mad Men.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Propaganda Machine posted:

This annoys me even more than Next Time on Mad Men.
It contained several colorful suggestions for what actions I might take in order to feel recompensed by the people who provided the answers for today's challenge

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CapnAndy posted:

It contained several colorful suggestions for what actions I might take in order to feel recompensed by the people who provided the answers for today's challenge

Yeah, to be fair, I thought Durf was hosed when you guys guessed SAS to steal.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

That was a killer game, well done all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, to be fair, I thought Durf was hosed when you guys guessed SAS to steal.

I had an nba jam video all ready to link and everything.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council is held on Wednesday at 5:00PM. However, if we don't finish before then, results will not be revealed until after the Cagayan finale.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Asiina posted:

We didn't consider any answers that only 1 or 2 people gave, so no, butts didn't make the cut.

:munch: ASBYOB: even the mods are cutting butts

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I won't be home from work until 7:30, so don't expect much from me before then.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

:munch: Except for TVIV on lowest signal-noise literally none of my answers made it :munch:

Coupons has the best reputation btw

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

:munch: Except for TVIV on lowest signal-noise literally none of my answers made it :munch:

Coupons has the best reputation btw

Maybe you shouldn't have answered butts for everything!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If there isn't a question at tribal that sets me up for the new phrase I want to coin I'm going to be disappointed in all of you.

Again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 4

Hurf Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. For some of you, this will be your first time. Grab a torch, and dip it into the fire. Fire in this game represents your life. When your torch goes out, so does your place in this game. Here, you have to answer for the actions you've taken in this game. Tonight is where one of you will be voted out. This is the last place you want to find yourself in this game. Being at Tribal Council puts you at risk of going home, and a spot further away from the $75 grand prize.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on. Similarly, I ask that players who are not part of the tribe attending Tribal Council to refrain from posting while it's going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting at 5:30 or when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (Midnight Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For CapnAndy, Majuju, and IcePhoenix

This is your first time to tribal council, what do you expect to occur tonight? What preparations need to be made knowing a member of your tribe will no longer be around after tonight?

For Skinty and Windshipper

You guys have been split apart from Your Personal Muse and Disco Spider. How does this tribal shuffle change the game? What readjustments do you have to make? When it comes to being cut off with your former tribemates, do you long for a reunion, or do you feel happy to not need to worry about them anymore for the time being?

For Dhaes and Chili

You guys are entering Tribal Council for a third time now, even after switching tribes. What should it take to start taking preventative measures to stop this?

For Chili

You seemed to voice some extra frustration after the challenge, despite not even playing it while being available for it. If you were so invested, why didn't you participate?

For everyone

Honest opinion from you guys, when you look at the new people in your tribe, do you think that they're looking at the tribe as if its one brand new family, or are they just hanging on to be reuinited with their original tribe? Where do lines really run, and what moves should be taken to further your own game since you really can't be completely trusting of these new people?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

John Cena posted:

For Skinty and Windshipper

You guys have been split apart from Your Personal Muse and Disco Spider. How does this tribal shuffle change the game? What readjustments do you have to make? When it comes to being cut off with your former tribemates, do you long for a reunion, or do you feel happy to not need to worry about them anymore for the time being?

I love those two and our tribal doc was probably the best and most laid back one, but it doesn't really change the game for me. I'm here to have fun and keep on going as far as I can. It's been an enjoyable game so far, even with the pitfalls that we have had. As far as readjustments, it's pretty much just been scoping out the lay of the land and getting to know my new tribe members better.

To answer the being cut off part... I mean, neither? I will be rooting them on to do well personally (though not Durf tribe itself), as they're two cool dudes, and I would be down for meeting back up with them, but it's all in how the game goes. They're strong players, so they'll be around for awhile yet. We'll have to see how it shakes out in the end.

Either way, I think we also have a strong tribe here and a good mesh of skill-sets that can also take us far no matter how it goes for Disco Spider and YPM.

posted:

For everyone

Honest opinion from you guys, when you look at the new people in your tribe, do you think that they're looking at the tribe as if its one brand new family, or are they just hanging on to be reuinited with their original tribe? Where do lines really run, and what moves should be taken to further your own game since you really can't be completely trusting of these new people?

I think that this tribe has made it more of a work environment in some aspects. I don't know if anyone is yearning to be reunited with their old tribe, to be honest, but, I dunno.

As far as moves to be taken, I'd say just getting to know these new tribemates and talking with them more. That's really what it's all about anyways - who you know, who you talk to, and who you connect with. It's only been two days since the merge, so I think everyone is still pretty much getting their feet under them and figuring things out.

I also would disagree with the fact that you, "really can't be completely trusting of these new people." While the point of the game is individual victory, you still have to trust some people along the way. Whether or not it's the same person at different times or different people all the time, you still gotta roll the dice and hitch your wagon to someone else every now and then. It's a team sport with an individual goal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 4

For CapnAndy, Majuju, and IcePhoenix

This is your first time to tribal council, what do you expect to occur tonight? What preparations need to be made knowing a member of your tribe will no longer be around after tonight?

I expect that at least one person will be surprised by the vote tonight. but really, when you're on a new tribe you will always have scrambling and reassurances as new lines are drawn. I'm sure everyone thinks they're safe. As far as preparations go, trying to stay one step ahead of the game is always your goal. But sometimes if you're not staying in the moment of the game you can miss things as well that ruin your future plans.

quote:

For everyone

I think some people want to look at it as a new family, but there are always clear lines drawn when you merge like this. Would I like to be reunited with my old tribe? Sure. With my old tribe I was never here. Why would I not want that? As far as furthuring your game goes, you need not look farther than the former durfs. Hurf and De have both been to two tribals. Lines have been drawn and alliances formed out of neccessity in their former tribes. Trust has been earned or shattered. But at my old camp, we had the benefit of just going back to camp and having a big CircleDurf while the other tribes had to deal with Tribal. We don't have strong alliances because we haven't been tested. To me, that makes it easy to not only gain a really easy majority, but also to maneuver yourself into a stronger position because we can't really have any strong loyalties yet.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If you had asked me prior to the split how I felt about Spider and Your Personal **** I would've probably given a different answer to that I give now. Things have been said, in this very thread that makes it hard for me to view them in the same way before. Hurtful things that have made me cry a little bit when I have time to myself. The truth is when you spend a few weeks together in tribe doc, you think you know a person, but those two are now like strangers to me. I can't really concern myself with De now, because De is dead. Hurf is my present and my future and I have to focus on that.

In truth I have no love in my heart for either of them now. When I think of them the only thing that matters to me is war and conquest.

Both are strong players, and probably as likely as any to be pains in the arse for us. I'm sure they can take care of themselves. They're not my concern for the moment now.

As I said it's going to be tough for anyone to spend time with each other in a doc, regardless of how little and how much time they spent together, to have gone through the experience of a three hour long game of battleships and not come out different people, bonded by shared pain and suffering. Right now though for anyone to think ahead to a merge is getting way ahead of themselves, they have to be willing to play together with the people in their team to have the best chance of getting there. I don't know that Hurf is a family yet, but I do think that it's made up of cool people. We spent some time the other night comparing war scars, and when you do that with people you get to know that they're a pretty cool bunch. Hopefully I get the chance to get to know some of them even better in the future, but Hurf seems cool to me.

The best thing any of us can do is win challenges. We win challenges we feel better. And along the way bonds will hopefully grow. I think the strength of Durf came from them winning so much. We can do that then we're good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Players, it is now time to vote. Using the template above, write down on the parchment and PM to me who on your tribe you wish to vote out. Do not post who you are voting. Unless you are answering questions, you cannot post in this thread until after the votes are revealed. You have until 12:00AM tonight to cast your votes.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Well, obviously, I expect someone to get voted out, and we need to prepare to be down in the numbers tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure I understand this question -- we did see everyone else's Tribal Councils, you know. It would have been nice to never go to Tribal Council until the merge but that's always been pretty drat unlikely.

I think we're all trying to be one brand new tribe, but yeah, there's lines there. In this case, the windy/skinty and chili/dhaes duos have an advantage on me, MJ, and icey. They've gone through two Tribals each; that squeezed out the early fault lines in the tribes. In contrast, nobody on the Durfs was ever entirely sure where we stand with each other. Without that trust, we're pretty separate and it's sort of like we've got two duos and three free agents, and I'm side-eyeing the other former Durfs, wondering where they're going to jump, is it on the same side as me.

I think, moving forward, it's really important to find a tight group in this new tribe and stick with it, which is why I reached out early. I'm pretty happy with what resulted from that, I think I've got solid friends and together we can all further each other's game.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

John Cena posted:

For Dhaes and Chili

You guys are entering Tribal Council for a third time now, even after switching tribes. What should it take to start taking preventative measures to stop this?

I dunno, maybe I should quit my job so I could be here at 3 PST. It really is a pretty awful time.

quote:

For everyone

Eh, they cool. I liked bromore and Fast Luck, that sucks we don't have them with us anymore.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

For Dhaes and Chili

We should probably watch out for snakes. Those pesky fuckers can bite.

For Chili

You seemed to voice some extra frustration after the challenge, despite not even playing it while being available for it. If you were so invested, why didn't you participate?

I did? I didn't participate because I thought I was going to have a scheduling conflict. Real life man, she is a bitch. And snakes, those things are bitches.

For everyone

I think they're all a bunch of swell fellas. I love them all and how dare you insinuate that there's anything but positive poo poo going on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I would like to reinforce something: During Tribal Council, out of thread communications between members of the attending tribe are strictly forbidden. This includes IMs and PMs. Anything you have that you'd like to say can be said in the thread, but there is to be no out of thread contact during this ceremony. Thank you for your understanding.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

One vote for CapnAndy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote for CapnAndy, one vote for Chili.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Chili, one vote for CapnAndy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CapnAndy tied with Chili with two votes apiece.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Three votes for Chili, two votes for CapnAndy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fifth person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB....

Chili, you've just been chilled. Come bring me your torch.

The tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Looooooooooool Bye guys

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

As this game moves on, so we lose another player. This game isn't slowing down anytime soon. I'll see everyone here for the Immunity Challenge tomorrow at 7:30PM. It's fairly mobile friendly.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why did you guys vote out Chilli?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Chili posted:

Looooooooooool Bye guys

The biggest snake of them all.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Probably because they wanted to stand against bullying like true American heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJdlnWupGE

• Locked thread