Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
He just invented a new baby as an excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

uhhh if she's about to give birth is that Tony's baby?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

That was THE most aggressive, balls out win of all time. Simply amazing. He made many moves I thought were crazy but seeing him play that game and win is an all-time Survivor moment.

For real, he was awesome. Wild.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I think that the whole chicanery with the TP idol is what brought Tony to the end. Things may have turned out differently had Jeff said that it was the last tribal the idol could be played as he did in every season before now.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

sportsgenius86 posted:

uhhh if she's about to give birth is that Tony's baby?

How long do you think they were on the island?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BGrifter posted:

Still don't think Tony is a very good player

Get a grip on reality man.

Tony put on a CLINIC.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ghostpilot posted:

I think that the whole chicanery with the TP idol is what brought Tony to the end. Things may have turned out differently had Jeff said that it was the last tribal the idol could be played as he did in every season before now.
No way. Everyone knew Spencer had to go. He was gone no matter what.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

stop cheering for her assholes

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Arkane posted:

Tony put on a CLINIC.

Thank you. I didn't want to be the first, I already piled on BGrifter enough this season

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Fast Luck posted:

The only person who would maybe have kept Spencer was Tony, from the Final 2 argument. The other two had no reason to keep Spencer; he'd played the better game, and hadn't pissed off the jury.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

What an utter crock of bullshit. The Tyler Perry poo poo-For-Brains Idol pretty much wrecked the latter bits of this season. It was never played, but it was also NEVER explained.

I'm not saying Tony didn't deserve the win, but for me this is a season decided by a lovely, lovely rule change.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Tony is a good player who is also insane and has some massive, crazy flaws

But he's a deserved winner and that's all that matters

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Arkane posted:

Tony put on a CLINIC.

He played an insane reckless game that could have very, very easily led to him being an early boot. He's a deserving winner and it's amazing that he made it to the end, but I don't think he exactly put on a clinic

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Arkane posted:

Tony put on a CLINIC.

I'm ecstatic he won, but that seriously never happens on Survivor. See also: Russell Hantz. I'm thrilled everything fell into place for Tony, but more often than not, that's a losing game he played.

Calling it a clinic is willfully ignoring the entire history of the show up to this season.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Fast Luck posted:

I don't like him, but Tony played a great game (with Woo pulling a Colby) but that particular bit with the idol taints it for me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oh look a reasonable cop

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Tony save a man's life.

Literally

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

what up Shirley

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Spencer should apologize for that hair

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

I'm ecstatic he won, but that seriously never happens on Survivor. See also: Russell Hantz. I'm thrilled everything fell into place for Tony, but more often than not, that's a losing game he played.

Calling it a clinic is willfully ignoring the entire history of the show up to this season.
Do you not believe that maybe everyone found Russell a petty hateful person with no social skills? And maybe kind of liked Tony?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

xbilkis posted:

He played an insane reckless game that could have very, very easily led to him being an early boot. He's a deserving winner and it's amazing that he made it to the end, but I don't think he exactly put on a clinic

Well he didn't have a brainwashed cult like Boston Rob had, so it wasn't a cake walk.

But was he ever really in danger of going home? He was one step ahead of everybody. It was the Russell game-plan of killing off all your enemies, except he managed to do it without everybody hating him at FTC.

And the cherry on top is he convinced someone practically guaranteed $1m to bring him to final 2.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Poor Woo, Jeff is going to keep rubbing it in that he hosed up hard.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Arkane posted:

Well he didn't have a brainwashed cult like Boston Rob had, so it wasn't a cake walk.

But was he ever really in danger of going home? He was one step ahead of everybody. It was the Russell game-plan of killing off all your enemies, except he managed to do it without everybody hating him at FTC.

And the cherry on top is he convinced someone practically guaranteed $1m to bring him to final 2.

Well they still kinda hated him but they voted for him anyways

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Ghostpilot posted:

I don't like him, but Tony played a great game (with Woo pulling a Colby) but that particular bit with the idol taints it for me.

Yeah I'm just indifferent to the sticking your hand in a hobbit hole to win gameplay in general at this point. It's been done to death. Retiring the idols for good would be what I'd like to see (but CBS loves how it makes those players give cockier storyline interviews so they won't listen.)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's funny, when they showed Tasha vote for Woo (despite having no reason to begrudge Tony) I thought wow, Tony REALLY lost, but then it turns out they showed it because she was the only one not to vote him. Very weird.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Fast Luck posted:

Do you not believe that maybe everyone found Russell a petty hateful person with no social skills? And maybe kind of liked Tony?

I think the differences in personality may have played a small part, but I think Tony was fortunate to get the right jury and Spencer did a lot of the heavy lifting. Tony would have lost vs the Galu jury.

It was a really fun win to watch though!

Edit: Yeah I figured that was a landslide for Woo when Tasha's vote came up.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Ahaha "gently caress YEAH!"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

did that person yell "Yeah, gently caress Kass!"

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Holy poo poo, the entire jury telling Woo he hosed up. Woo would have won in a landslide against Kass.

"I wanted to play against the best. That is why I helped vote off strong players!" :downs:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LeJackal posted:

Holy poo poo, the entire jury telling Woo he hosed up. Woo would have won in a landslide against Kass.

"I wanted to play against the best. That is why I helped vote off strong players!" :downs:
Kass the most jury-hated player of all time, possibly surpassing Russell

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

LeJackal posted:

I liked the cut to his parents clapping while wearing the most :geno: expression after he said that.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"Tyler Perry, one of the most prolific storytellers in Hollywood..."

If only I could've seen my face when he said that.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Jeff is a cool, standup dude

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Thank god we're getting a Tyler Perry interview. I'd much rather hear about his lovely movies and his game ruining suggestions for the show than from the people who actually played.

Hopefully the audience boos the hell out of I him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

"Tyler Perry, one of the most prolific storytellers in Hollywood..."

If only I could've seen my face when he said that.

Well prolific just means "makes a lot of" which Perry certainly does

Dude has like ten movies a year

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ahahahahaha Rob Cesternino on Twitter. "If I was responsible for the Tyler Perry idol... I wouldn't show up to a room full of #Survivor fans."

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
imo Probst is wrong. Fans hated the TP idol on principle and they would have hated it even if Spencer had found it

edit: and just as i say that i am contradicted by the studio audience LOL

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Yes, it was the idol we didn't like

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No Jeff. No, that's not it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!