Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@mookiealexander 24s
poo poo. RT @SaintMMA Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran suffers calf injury, removed from June 6th Card

The poo poo keeps flooding in

quote:

@mookiealexander 25s
Bellator 121 is two weeks away and losing Curran/Pitbull means they have no fights publicly announced for the card right now.

Hahahahah

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
We're spoiled by UFC these days. When a guy gets injured in UFC our immediate reaction is "oh, I hope they get a decent replacement" and then they do. for WSOF and Bellator every event hangs by a thread.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

We're spoiled by UFC these days. When a guy gets injured in UFC our immediate reaction is "oh, I hope they get a decent replacement" and then they do. for WSOF and Bellator every event hangs by a thread.

It's just really funny because Pitbull was already throwing fits before this and has been waiting for a really long time for this

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Yuriy posted:

It's just really funny because Pitbull was already throwing fits before this and has been waiting for a really long time for this

Can't they just do Pitbull/Strauss?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ChampRamp posted:

Can't they just do Pitbull/Strauss?

I secretly hope they do this and make it for an interim title so all their good weight classes will have double champions and they can do an all-unification PPV where they try to stay straightfaced about how hard-earned their championships are

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CarlCX posted:

I secretly hope they do this and make it for an interim title so all their good weight classes will have double champions and they can do an all-unification PPV where they try to stay straightfaced about how hard-earned their championships are

I was going to say their 135 lb division is a joke, but it is a good joke.

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
I love that Rampage called out Titties. Blast from the past.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
pretty cool Rampage went from national campaign for Reebok to a skate shoe company that people who skate forget exists

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Rampage also called out Schoonover at the press conference when he initially signed. Schoonover is 3-6 in his last 9 since his TUF run, is coming off a loss, and hasn't fought at a recognizable promotion in 4 years.

In other words, a perfect addition to Bellator MMA.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bubba Smith posted:

It's like running a co-ed softball team and you're praying you don't get a text from a girl that can't make it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eddie Alvarez posted:

For the record, I've never, ever picked an opponent. I've always had my opponents selected for me by the promotion. I've never had a preference. I was simply told who I was fighting, and I fought them.

I want to be clear on this, whatever was written into my contract, was written by Bellator. I made no changes at all to the contract. If it says that I have to fight Mike Chandler again, that's because Bellator wants it that way.

I think it's only fair and right, just in the way things should go in a promotion, for me to fight Will Brooks. To me, that's the right way to go. I don't want to be a part of this whole debacle. It's very messy, and it just doesn't feel right that a guy has an interim belt, yet I'm supposed to fight another guy coming off a loss to the guy with the interim belt.

Will Brooks should be the guy they put me in front of for my next fight. Just know that whoever is picked, whoever I end up fighting, it was never my decision. Don't let anyone tell you any differently, it's not my decision and it never was.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope curran's injury is a reschedule the fight in a few weeks injury or pitbull might murder an executive or two

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i hope curran's injury is a reschedule the fight in a few weeks injury or pitbull might murder an executive or two

Turnabout is fair play after all

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

bellator signed sokoudjou in 2014

quote:

@Jason_Floyd 1m
Bellator has announced the signing of Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, Malik Merad,Dmitry Sosnovskiy, and Steve Garcia

and some other people ive never ever heard of

quote:

@mookiealexander 39m
It's May 22nd, Bellator has no publicly confirmed fights for its June 6th card, and one of the fights involves Sokoudjou. I love it.

lol :ortiz:

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 22, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

last I saw of Sokoudjou, his knees were so blasted he couldn't move. What's Bellator doing, starting a museum?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@shaunalshatti posted:

Looks like Bellator 121 has James Thompson (19-14) vs. Eric Prindle (8-5) and Sokoudjou (14-12) vs. Terry Davinney (10-6) atop its card.

:krad:

JT has this fight easy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

-Atom- posted:

:krad:

JT has this fight easy

Is...is this a tournament fight?

Does JT have a path to a Heavyweight Title shot?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Great White Hope posted:

Is...is this a tournament fight?

Does JT have a path to a Heavyweight Title shot?

Eric Prindle has lost 4 of his last 5 fights, lets wait to see if JT can handle him before we get excited.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I'm happy to see James Thompson headlining MMA cards in North America again, however, Bellator contracts are the worst. I am conflicted.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Where's the weird stalker guy? Prindle turns as red as that horrifying polish monster so JT has a good chance here. I'd love if he became the Bellator champ.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ariza posted:

Where's the weird stalker guy? Prindle turns as red as that horrifying polish monster so JT has a good chance here. I'd love if he became the Bellator champ.

WillieD is probably hyperventilating with his head between his knees right now.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
well this is a step up from fighting some guy in croatia. good luck, jt.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Bellator is actually a perfect fit for him. Contract issues won't likely be a problem (I'm sorry willie).

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Jt owns and him winning would make me happy

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Contractors aren't forced to sign every contract

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Eric Prindle has lost 4 of his last 5 fights, lets wait to see if JT can handle him before we get excited.

We literally argued last week about whether JT could get signed by bellator or not :owned:.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

attackmole posted:

We literally argued last week about whether JT could get signed by bellator or not :owned:.

Now we get to argue if JT is up to the skill level to stay in Bellator ;)

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Contractors aren't forced to sign every contract

And you're not forced to post here, but unfortunately you do it anyway.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I am so God damned happy about this I have to tweet a Colossus.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Now we get to argue if JT is up to the skill level to stay in Bellator ;)

Yeah for sure. My personal theory is that if Eric Prindle can get multiple Bellator fights, so can JT so it's kinda ironic that his first fight is against Prindle.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Wise Learned Man posted:

WillieD is probably hyperventilating with his head between his knees right now.

Too many times JT has made an announcement on Facebook and then 10'minutes later is ringing everyone to tell them to delete it and shut up as he's been told it was meant to be a secret, I wasn't going to go through that again when it actually could matter.

Finally we have a legit reason to watch! I'm looking forward to reading the contract.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

willie_dee posted:

Too many times JT has made an announcement on Facebook and then 10'minutes later is ringing everyone to tell them to delete it and shut up as he's been told it was meant to be a secret, I wasn't going to go through that again when it actually could matter.

Finally we have a legit reason to watch! I'm looking forward to reading the contract.

Does Jimbo own a dog?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

MassRafTer posted:

Does Jimbo own a dog?

No he has a cat that he purchased as a gift for his fiancé, the cat hates him and bullies him.

He also has a baby on the way.

Here is his latest work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzymJ-A6mI

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 23, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

willie_dee posted:

he bought his fiancé

Figures, JT needs to buy a wife.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

willie_dee posted:

No he has a cat that he purchased as a gift for his fiancé, the cat hates him and bullies him.

Well I have good news.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Figures, JT needs to buy a wife.

this gimmick is way more tiresome than willie's, dude

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Fat Twitter Man posted:

this gimmick is way more tiresome than willie's, dude

Talking about gimmicks is getting tiresome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

much like your posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You have ascended to "Worst Poster" contention in a hurry.

• Locked thread