Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

You might get some redemption this game, Roccat are already ahead.

I Believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
YES OVERPOW. YES! KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL! GIVE ME THE POINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Edit: Overpow I love you :swoon:

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 20, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I guess Gambit saw Roccat's bad scores vs Millenium and decided that they could top them!

Edward was worth negative points this game...

e: Looking at these first few games it seems like long games where a person can get a lot of kills without actually closing (like Millenium did) will be very very good for points, even if its not better from a winning perspective.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 20, 2014

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

AdjectiveNoun ~ I'm available now. Not sure about rest of our league, though. What is the irc info for the channel you set up? The irc link in the LoL OP doesn't seem to work for me.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

I'm down for now.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

Darkoni posted:

I'm down for now.

Me too.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Should I drop Diamondprox for Brokenshard? I had no idea Gambit was going to look this sloppy.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

IBentMyWookie posted:

Should I drop Diamondprox for Brokenshard? I had no idea Gambit was going to look this sloppy.

It's the first week so I'd give it some time yet - maybe this will motivate GMB but its hard to tell

CoL might be just as bad too.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Soo...about this draft..?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I'm in the lazier EUNE league too, it would be nice if we could draft before today's games.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

IBentMyWookie posted:

While CoL may not be good, brokenshard is a pretty sicknasty jungler and should be better than diamondprox.

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!

Obscurity posted:

Soo...about this draft..?

At this point AdjectiveNoun should just pick a day and time towards the end of the week and just start the draft. Give us all plenty of time to check the thread and respond. If most of us cam make it, within reason, just start it then and whoever can't make it or forgets to show up gets run by the draft bots. Since our teams won't start getting points until next week anyway, waiting a few more days doesn't hurt anyone, and we get a week's worth of games to make better picks or whatever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is what happens when you don't draft EU players in Super Week:

But the bottom two teams are going to fall very, very far behind when it's NA's turn.

Ideally, what you want is 2-3 "Best in position" players that you know will dominate pretty easily, like Froggen, or Bjergson, or Amazing, or Sneaky. Then for your alternatives, you want strong EU players from different teams (Because of the inconsistency of EU it's best not to pick too many members from the same team)

You're going to want 4/3 NA/EU on your main roster and ideally 5-5 picks overall (5 NA and 5 EU) unless you get super lucky and you can just draft Sneaky, Meteos, Amazing, and Bjergson and there's no reason to even use anyone else.

Yellowstar sucks and he was my only EU player, thanks for the lousy 5 points.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 21, 2014

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
SHOOK NOOOOOOO! MY POINTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Edit: Really Alliance. Really. SHC. Really.

Edit 2: gently caress YOU ALLIANCE.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 21, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

How quickly do the points update? So glad I didn't pick Tabzz after that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CODChimera posted:

How quickly do the points update? So glad I didn't pick Tabzz after that.
Almost immediately after a game. I'm really afraid to pick any EU players, hardly any of them are consistent and the ones who were are in NA now.

Even if Dignitas finishes in 6th place, I can at least rely on QTPie to be one of the most consistent ADC and top in the gold/GPM stats.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 21, 2014

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I am very much regretting starting Soaz instead of Freddy right now.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
THANK YOU JESIZ. Man. What a rollercoaster having a majority EU roster is. EU giveth and EU taketh away.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Edward negative points... instantly replaced by someone else. gently caress that.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
1193 CS by Mr Rallez in 3 games. I'm feeling pretty good about my mid-round ADC pickup!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
3 of my team are FNC, and none of them are Rekkles

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

henkman posted:

3 of my team are FNC, and none of them are Rekkles

rekt

I'm 4/7 EU and all 3 of my alts are EU. This loving poo poo is too stressful I don't know if I can ride this emotional rollercoaster every week. I want to get off Mr. Phreaks Wild Ride!

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
EU picks might have an advantage just due to how much these guys farm it up and wait till late game. NA scene you have teams that close out games quickly but also can be bloodbaths to even out how farm heavy the EU scene is.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

IBentMyWookie posted:

EU picks might have an advantage just due to how much these guys farm it up and wait till late game. NA scene you have teams that close out games quickly but also can be bloodbaths to even out how farm heavy the EU scene is.

Won't do me any good when I light myself on fire when Wickd and Shook both get 9 assists every loving game. THERE'S KILLS RIGHT THERE! RIGHT loving THERE! THAT poo poo IS WORTH SEVEN POINTS TO ME YOU DUNDERFUCKS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
At least they're getting a lot of assists in the games, if they continue to have long games full of dogpile teamfights it will be good for consistent points

Depending on which gambit shows up tomorrow they should be able to get a bunch more tomorrow too.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

At least they're getting a lot of assists in the games, if they continue to have long games full of dogpile teamfights it will be good for consistent points

Depending on which gambit shows up tomorrow they should be able to get a bunch more tomorrow too.

You don't understand, they got 9 assists. Nine. Aka one short of ten which gives a bonus +2 points each. I was shrieking at them to get ONE MORE KILL BEFORE YOU KILL THE NEXUS THEY ARE RIGHT THERE COME ON COME ONNNNNNN but noooo. Cost me 7 points between the two of them. Fuckers. Ingrates. After all I did for them.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Just did my draft with my buddies. Here's my team:

Top: ZionSpartan
Jungle: Meteos
Mid: Bjergson
ADC: Creaton
Supp: Aphromoo
Flex: Amazing
Team: CLG
Alt 1: Vander
Alt 2: Link
Alt 3: Qtpie

I realized at the end I'm super NA-centric, but meh.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Schiavona posted:

I don't understand what kind of draft you're doing where you can get both Meteos and Bjergsen.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Schiavona posted:

There's an upside and a downside to that.

The upside is that NA players are a lot more reliable. Even with teams like Dignitas and Coast struggling in and around the bottom 4, Zion and Shiphtur and KiwiPie were all very consistant players who just got very out-rotated or stuck up throwing at Baron. You can still rely on those players for having good stats most games.

EU players can go from Bjergson or Sneaky levels of dominance in one game, to Zuna levels of pathetic the next game, in the same day, but you need those EU points! I don't think anyone expected Kerp to be worth so many points, but next week he could be worth nothing.

I guess in the end, if you can draft enough top-tier NA players you hardly need EU at all. It's really hard to just guess which EU team will even place in the top 3, unlike NA where you can draft TSM, CLG, and C9 and be pretty confident you'll get plenty of points every week. When you draft NA players you know exactly what you're getting. When you draft EU it's the biggest gamble. There's only a few very consistent players left in EU you could draft and not worry about.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
EU is a mess but there are some upsides - nobody knows how to close games right now so the games go quite long and give huge points for everyone. This is part of why Kerp is raking in so many - MIL doesn't know how to play a short game, nor have any of their opponents so far. This even benefits the losers - because of the low relative value of deaths as long as they get a bunch of kills/assists/CS they'll probably score a lot.

Objective focused teams that win by shutdown domination also will likely produce lets points even if they have a controlling victory - this might be a risk for C9 and CLG, who had a few low-kill affairs last split where they out-rotated the opponents hard. On the flipside these are the worst case for the opponent - like how Roccat blanked Gambit yesterday.

E: For future weeks it might be worthwhile to look out for battles between lower ranked teams which can be long and bloody, and thus a gold mine for fantasy points. Like there was a game between SHC and MIL last split that had 50+ kills in it (35 for MIL, 16 for SHC). Of course, its a risk and it could end up being a game where it doesnt happen. Hard to tell with EU's consistency.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 22, 2014

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Kerp still has to go against Gambit tomorrow. He's going to get me over 100 points this week. :syoon:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm pretty sure I'm going to come in last this week thanks to Roccat and Fnatic both having bad weeks, and I probably should have shoved Voyboy in the Flex slot instead of Zionspartan. I'm kinda annoyed that I even have Voyboy, but he was the only mid available once I got to subs. I should let go of my anti-Curse sentiments and just plug him in I guess.

Millenium is turning out to be the EU wildcard.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

mistaya posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to come in last this week thanks to Roccat and Fnatic both having bad weeks, and I probably should have shoved Voyboy in the Flex slot instead of Zionspartan. I'm kinda annoyed that I even have Voyboy, but he was the only mid available once I got to subs. I should let go of my anti-Curse sentiments and just plug him in I guess.

Millenium is turning out to be the EU wildcard.

Yeah, i'll probably be right there with you as last or second to last. You ended up with more decent NA players than I did, but we both suffered from having fnatic/roccat members on our teams.

I don't know how often you log into league, but I added you to friends from my account Dox023 to discuss fLCS stuff.

Edit: There you go Mist, Cyanide and your Fnatic pick put up some good points for you this game.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 22, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yellowstar was my only EU player in week 1 and after 4 games he's finally going to go over 10 points! Man FNC sucked

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Flameingblack posted:

Yellowstar was my only EU player in week 1 and after 4 games he's finally going to go over 10 points! Man FNC sucked

I figure Fnatic is a long play, they won't get good (if they do, I could see some roster shakeups too) until the latter half of the split. I'd definitely drop anyone not named Rekkles for the next few weeks at least.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If Kerp is unpicked in your league, you need to pick him up and set him in your Flex pick. He's a goddamn machine at 5/0/1 15 minutes into this game.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Anyone who has Froggen this week basically won this matchup. Over 100 pts.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kerp is at almost 100 points on his own this week, if I'm not awful at adding. Can't wait for him to be worth nothing next week. Thanks EU :smith:

e: Kerp worth 114.85 points in Week 1. He has more points by himself than my whole loving team earned in EU.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 22, 2014

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I got Kerp in a league where I decided to put all my resources at ADC and Jungle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
UGGH OVERPOW, 64 points. I coulda picked Kerp. Why didn't I BELIEEEEVVVEEEEE! Oh well at least I got Wickd and Shook. Hopefully Jesiz goes on a tear this game.

• Locked thread