Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winegums
Dec 21, 2012

nothing to seehere posted:

Tories in the south-east are really scared of UKIP councils, this was posted in a strong labour seat UKIP are trying to gain.

I can't figure this card out at all. Is it saying "vote us locally, and vote for whoever at the EU election"? What sort of propaganda says to vote for whoever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I voted UKIP just to annoy you guys

I chose the greens over the SNP. :scotland:

Alecto
Feb 11, 2014
Just took my dad to vote (Green in EU and Labour for the parish) in his red hammer and sickle shirt. Woman at the polling station said it's been the busiest she's ever seen it in a non-general, and she's been going since the '90s. Given the rich, white, elderly demographics of the area, this is most likely to be a swarm of grey kippers. I'm fearing the worst, UKMT :ohdear:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Greens, I think most of the people at the polling office were stoned, the woman who registered me was laughing like a horse, it was great. 5/5 would vote again.

shame we are not german though.

Last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKhkY3RCsc

This year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-APtV0PeqCohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ2EHhvpkxo

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

winegums posted:

I can't figure this card out at all. Is it saying "vote us locally, and vote for whoever at the EU election"? What sort of propaganda says to vote for whoever?

The Lib Dems are effectively trying to do the opposite.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I don't get it! Been registered at the same address for nearly 5 years, voted in the general and London mayoral elections and now I'm mysteriously erased from the register.

Edit (and I voted in the av referendum!)

They know what you said about Thatcher!

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm not voting for any of them because in or out of the EU all of the parties exist to consolidate and advance the power and interests of the capitalist classes.

Participating in any form (voting or spoiling your ballot) just legitimises the process they use to subjugate you.

When you spoil your ballots, don't forget your demads;

"Bigger Cages! Longer Chains!"

I hear this argument a lot, and though I get it, it seems like a weak argument to me. All my experience tells me that people passively accept our particular voting system, rather than only accept it as legitimate because of the voter turnout (which falls year on year). How is voting both too piss-weak and corrupt to bother with and also powerful enough to lend legitimacy to the process?

Not saying that voting in rainy fascism island isn't a drop in the ocean btw.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
So are we going to have to wait until all the other countries have voted in the next couple of days until we hear the results? I don't want to miss out on watching some suits in a BBC studio try to fill time for an evening as some numbers slowly climb up on the bottom of the screen.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Angepain posted:

So are we going to have to wait until all the other countries have voted in the next couple of days until we hear the results? I don't want to miss out on watching some suits in a BBC studio try to fill time for an evening as some numbers slowly climb up on the bottom of the screen.

Results won't be released until Sunday.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Legally they're on incredibly shaky ground and so are you if you sign up for that.

A&A's main business is as a supplier of broadband to actual companies, so they may mean it for real rather than as a 'nudge-nudge-wink-wink here's how to avoid getting sued' kind of thing.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

So we have about 25 to 26 people here voting for Greens (Scottish & UK including)

This thread is turning out a den for hippies to which I have just joined by voting Green.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Christ there are too many parties, I could barely get the EU one in the box once it was folded. Also people who hang around outside the polling station with their "VOTE LABOUR" or whatever badges without having done any campaigning further than a single leaflet before the day, are terrible

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Angepain posted:

It's about time the EU elections and Eurovision were merged.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Who I voted for is between me and the booth.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Torn between Green and SNP, ended up going with SNP. Also my primary school is all different and strange now.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
uuuugghhh I wish the greens weren't so anti-nuclear and cherry-pickingly weird on science.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Extreme0 posted:

So we have about 25 to 26 people here voting for Greens (Scottish & UK including)

This thread is turning out a den for hippies to which I have just joined by voting Green.

I, too, voted Green.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Zephro posted:

uuuugghhh I wish the greens weren't so anti-nuclear and cherry-pickingly weird on science.

You can always join them and influence the party direction, they are very democratic.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

keep punching joe posted:

You can always join them and influence the party direction, they are very democratic.
I wonder - being anti-nuclear and anti-GMO feels pretty totemic to the Greens I've spoken to. Ditching the anti-nuclear thing feels like it would be their equivalent of ditching Clause 4.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Christ there are too many parties, I could barely get the EU one in the box once it was folded. Also people who hang around outside the polling station with their "VOTE LABOUR" or whatever badges without having done any campaigning further than a single leaflet before the day, are terrible

I went to the polling station where a former labour counciler (I think) was just standing outside the front door wearing a typical Labour ribbon and just saying "Hello" to people going in and then saying "Bye" to people going out.

I just did the gentlemen thing and said hello and bye back.

The Supreme Court posted:

It's about time the EU elections and Eurovision were merged.

I suppose UKIP would be hosed then if that was the case...

Oh god, I do not want people doing a eurovision style contest with the contestants representing the parties they are voting for, god knows what the Far-Right would have.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Green for both up Manchester way. The local candidates were pretty lean on the ground with the three main parties and the Greens, but the EU slip trailed off the polling booth desk with all the anti-EU parties.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Green for both up Manchester way. The local candidates were pretty lean on the ground with the three main parties and the Greens, but the EU slip trailed off the polling booth desk with all the anti-EU parties.

Down here somebody managed to top An Independence from Europe by starting their party with a 4.

Countdown to the "1 H4T3 F0RR3I6N5" party.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Bobstar posted:

Down here somebody managed to top An Independence from Europe by starting their party with a 4.

Political parties: the new taxi companies.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

nothing to seehere posted:

Tories in the south-east are really scared of UKIP councils, this was posted in a strong labour seat UKIP are trying to gain.

Wait a minute, I just noticed this. Why is the Liberal Democrat logo on the UKIP row and vice versa? How the hell did they manage to screw that up :psyduck:

Bobstar posted:

"2BR1TISH4U"

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I voted for UKIP because I'm sick of seeing non-English people everywhere. Went to Tescos, not one English person. Got on the bus, no English. What the gently caress is wrong with Dundee?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

sebzilla posted:

Voted Green in EU, drew a veiny cock on the Council one because I refuse to lend my support to the Tories, the Lib Dems or UKIP and they are the only three on offer. Thanks, Cheltenham!

Fairly sure Cheltenham is going to remain Lib Dem for a while, but only because the other candidates we seem to get are complete morons as opposed to just ineffectual but well-meaning idiots. The UKIP prick owns and lives in Cheltenham Guest House on Hewlett Road, so his lovely gardens are now the resting place of whatever xenophobic purple and yellow poo poo that gets pushed through my door.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Extreme0 posted:

"2BR1TISH4U"
0TOLERANCE4EU

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010

Broniki posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Dundee?

St Andrews stole them all.

HortonNash
Oct 10, 2012

Bobstar posted:

What are the restrictions on the party names on ballot papers?

Can I run as "11AA United Klingon Independence Party (UKIP)" just to split their illiterate vote?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Bobstar posted:

• 1066 Rematch Campaign
  • %&#£ I Hate Those Stupid *%$#ing Eurocrats
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaargh The Immigrants Are Coming
  • !SDRAWKCAB ssergorP s'yrtnuoC sihT gninruT erA stsixraM larutluC
  • **( p-a-r-t-y fo(r the WHIT;ERACE and the (poet"ry" of e e cummin)gs *party * ;;chsrydenthum----

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
JSYK, if people don't like particular elements of the green's manifestos, they are more horizontal than other parties and will probably be willing to listen to members who want another look at their alt-medicine anti-nuclear energy woo

Mr Ragnite
Mar 25, 2013
Frequent lurker here, for those keeping count I voted Green over a bunch of UKIP splinters and the bigger three.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Mr Ragnite posted:

Frequent lurker here, for those keeping count I voted Green over a bunch of UKIP splinters and the bigger three.

The situation with the Greens lately reminds me of the Lib Dems at the general election. Every young adult with an internet connection was apparently voting for them but LOL no they got nowt, what happened.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
They decided to keep the primary school open this year on polling day: so when I went to vote I had to walk through the playground while the kids were out, and I felt really loving weird about it. That was probably the reason why they didn't have any guys at the polling station: I don't know where they would stand. I'm sure that must be against some rule though: having random people walk through the school in order to vote with the kids being around...

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Broniki posted:

The situation with the Greens lately reminds me of the Lib Dems at the general election. Every young adult with an internet connection was apparently voting for them but LOL no they got nowt, what happened.

Yeah, they're gonna get hit with the Cleggmania effect hard.

Coming from a Lib Dem background, I often don't get how the Tory and Labour conferences work. Do they actually have policy debates, or is it basically just five days of self-congratulation? Smaller parties like the Lib Dems and Greens are incredibly more democratically run and willing to fight the hierarchy.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

nuzak posted:

JSYK, if people don't like particular elements of the green's manifestos, they are more horizontal than other parties and will probably be willing to listen to members who want another look at their alt-medicine anti-nuclear energy woo
Tis true, im a member although i havent been for a while there are frequent debates and stuff and there was seeming to be a growing core of people arguing against the nuclear policy etc

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Who I voted for is between me and the booth.

I don't understand people who have put who they're voting for online or on social media.

I mean, when our new fascist overlords start putting people against the wall / into camps / euthanised - why give them access to criteria allowing them to select you for special treatment?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Seaside Loafer posted:

Tis true, im a member although i havent been for a while there are frequent debates and stuff and there was seeming to be a growing core of people arguing against the nuclear policy etc

One of my major issues with voting Green is their HS2 opposition, actually. The science and nuclear policy, I can have confidence will eventually come around to acceptability. I fear that the HS2 policy will stay because of the power of the North London liberal intelligensia.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

TinTower posted:

Yeah, they're gonna get hit with the Cleggmania effect hard.

Coming from a Lib Dem background, I often don't get how the Tory and Labour conferences work. Do they actually have policy debates, or is it basically just five days of self-congratulation? Smaller parties like the Lib Dems and Greens are incredibly more democratically run and willing to fight the hierarchy.

On a similar subject, it was really funny that the tories reformed their leadership selection process to be much less democratic when their party members kept selecting unelectable leaders like Hague and IDS.

JFairfax posted:

I don't understand people who have put who they're voting for online or on social media.

I mean, when our new fascist overlords start putting people against the wall / into camps / euthanised - why give them access to criteria allowing them to select you for special treatment?

If you already discuss politics online like everyone here does, posting who you voted for isn't going to make any difference to your file at MI5. They already will have more than enough information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Fairly sure Cheltenham is going to remain Lib Dem for a while, but only because the other candidates we seem to get are complete morons as opposed to just ineffectual but well-meaning idiots. The UKIP prick owns and lives in Cheltenham Guest House on Hewlett Road, so his lovely gardens are now the resting place of whatever xenophobic purple and yellow poo poo that gets pushed through my door.

Good to know for future leaflet-discarding reference, that's only about a three minute walk from me. Fancy a pint sometime?

• Locked thread