Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

gently caress I REALLY want to trade up. 8 more picks :mrgw:

Pander posted:

He's still the best defensively AND offensively (well, maybe, depending on how HanRam works out).

I'd say you didn't screw it up.
Andrelton Simmons is much better defensively imo

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

mynameisjohn posted:

gently caress I REALLY want to trade up. 8 more picks :mrgw:

Andrelton Simmons is much better defensively imo

Yeah, so are a lot of shortstops but Tulo is extremely good as a defender considering how good his bat is. Usually you have to sacrifice one for the other (like HanRam's defense or Simmons' bat).

I'm curious to see how OOTP handles Simmons because OOTP gives him pretty good potential as a hitter.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Yeah, so are a lot of shortstops but Tulo is extremely good as a defender considering how good his bat is. Usually you have to sacrifice one for the other (like HanRam's defense or Simmons' bat).

I'm curious to see how OOTP handles Simmons because OOTP gives him pretty good potential as a hitter.

He and Tulo were the only 5* shortstops. Part of that is because I think Simmons broke the 20-80 scale with defense though (I have it set to show numbers outside the top of the scale). I don't remember him having particularly impressive hitting stats. The game was trying to auto-draft him suuuuper early though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

tadashi posted:

probably very favorably. PECOTA has both him and Segura as being 4+ WAR players at SS

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Jaime Garcia?!?!?!

I'm shaking my head at all of you.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

and yes, honestly, there are so many better pitchers than Jaime Garcia available...

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Hey I picked. Sorry I was at work all day. C.C. was honestly the only decent pitcher I could think of. Just hoping past performance is considered by OOTP.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

johnfw50 posted:

Hey I picked. Sorry I was at work all day. C.C. was honestly the only decent pitcher I could think of. Just hoping past performance is considered by OOTP.

That's actually who you would have been auto'd, so good on ya.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Yeah, I would have probably taken him if he fell to me. Position players be damned.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Noooooooo. I wanted him badly.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah I know, but second guessing yourself is half the fun!

I doubt nothing! The Kershaw/Dunn connection will dominate all of you, especially you IcePhoenix, for taking my beloved Twins.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zodiac5000 posted:

I doubt nothing! The Kershaw/Dunn connection will dominate all of you, especially you IcePhoenix, for taking my beloved Twins.

How dare I take my hometown team!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

tadashi posted:

Tulo is an extremely good defender regardless of what his bat is like

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
With Yordano Ventura coming off the board, the AL West is now the only division where every team has a starter (every team in the ALC has a pitcher, but Detroit drafted Kimbrel), and contains half of the teams who have 3/5 of their rotation filled (Texas, Anaheim, Milwaukee, Miami).

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I hope ootp is high on Hosmer, Alex Wood would have been my pick this round.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE RED MENACE posted:

I hope ootp is high on Hosmer, Alex Wood would have been my pick this round.

I'm high on putting your drat pick in the doc :colbert:

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

its sort of difficult to do that from your phone

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you're phonepostin then mention it so we know to do it for you!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys if you could not take my Punto that would be great. Also friendly suggestion in the draft thread if you could say whose up next that's a big help for those of us who fall a bit behind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Because Philly's pick came after the clock stopped, Seiferguy has the full three hours to start the day.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

How dare I take my hometown team!

How dare you take MY hometown team!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zodiac5000 posted:

How dare you take MY hometown team!

Unless you're real old I had them first, sorry. (I'm not sorry)

New York has an hour to pick, by the way. Given Screen Door Slams' history in this thread I expect them to be skipped.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Derek Holland had a fantastic year last year and I would imagine he would have regressed a little but still be solid without injuries.

My choice was between him and two wildcards. I'm hoping those guys continue to fall...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

PECOTA projected Holland as having a 4.2 ERA this season...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

Derek Holland had a fantastic year last year and I would imagine he would have regressed a little but still be solid without injuries.

My choice was between him and two wildcards. I'm hoping those guys continue to fall...

There are a couple guys that aren't on my radar to be drafted but I want to see when they get picked.

Miami is up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mynameisjohn posted:

PECOTA projected Holland as having a 4.2 ERA this season...

He'll be pitching in the wonderful confines of Safeco Field where lefty pitching is favored though :v:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mynameisjohn posted:

I'm drafting Yovani Gallardo for the STL CARDS

Yovani just looks so sad to be a Cardinal. Can't say as I blame him.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have a short list of Puntos written here and, by god, if anyone picks them before I get to them in a few picks (so some time tomorrow?), I'm going to cry.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

IcePhoenix posted:

Unless you're real old I had them first, sorry. (I'm not sorry)

New York has an hour to pick, by the way. Given Screen Door Slams' history in this thread I expect them to be skipped.

Sorry. I'm in now.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Also, here's the best Eric Homsar picture:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

tadashi posted:

DINGEWWS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Screen Door Slams posted:

Sorry. I'm in now.

I didn't mean it to be a dig, you just seem to not be here in the mornings v:shobon:v

tadashi posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person that always thinks of this comparison.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So I've come to the conclusion that Punto hasn't been picked because everyone has already assumed he was picked long ago.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I've had Minor pegged since Round 3. Is there something in his projections that I don't know about that made him fall this far?

Also, gently caress the position players.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oh christ all the sleeper pitchers that were going to make up my rotation are getting picked.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

why the gently caress did you draft brian dozier in the 5th round

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

mynameisjohn posted:

Solid defense, hoping OOTP predicts Dozier will hit like he has in 2014, can play SS or 2B?

I mean I had the same kneejerk reaction as you, but I guess if you want a SS or 2B, he's not a bad choice.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Almost took Corbin over Pence. Kept hoping he'd land for me, but then when he did decided I'd rather just have more dingers.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mynameisjohn posted:

He's just this guy, you know?

Edit: Going to convert him to a starting pitcher.

Sexual Lorax fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Seriously, did you guys have a meeting to blackball Punto from being drafted? There's literally no excuse why he hasn't been chosen yet. None. Zero. Zilch.

• Locked thread