Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
At the local Wendy's.

I question their commitment with the poorly attached signs and only having 2-3 on each side/nothing on the front.

And the "End Common Core" sign on the passenger side didn't have any helpful info graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Compared to the ones plastered in signs on every non-glass surface that car is just a rolling disappointment. You gotta step up your game here, boring protest van owner.

TOTAL CHAOS

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

razorscooter posted:

Compared to the ones plastered in signs on every non-glass surface that car is just a rolling disappointment. You gotta step up your game here, boring protest van owner.

Yeah, that's why it barely registered until my friend pointed it out.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

This is beautiful. Fuk u, trolls. :allears:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

This is beautiful. Fuk u, trolls. :allears:

The most amazing thing about that car is that someone that into Sonic the Hedgehog also had enough money (or "talented" friends?) to paint Sonic characters all over their car.

Because normally I would expect that sort of person to be 14. And not own a car.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Oh, poo poo. Who gave CWC a driver's license? And a car.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is that Chris-Chan's car?

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Forwarded from a friend. I didn't see it here.

I appears to me they pulled the engine out the bottom. Is that normal for Fieros? I'm not an expert on their engine arrangement.

This picture terrifies me to my core. The blocks are stacked the wrong way, the jack stands have their weight balanced on air, the wood 'beam' is barely there. I could go on.

A butterfly fart one county over and you're a pancake.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, pulling the engine through the bottom is "the way" to do it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

With a lot of mid engined cars, even some FWD ones, it is easier to drop the subframe and then pull the motor from underneath. Not too sure on their method of lifting the car up for the job though

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I hate to think how they jacked it up that high to get the stands underneath it

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Terrible Robot posted:

In older cars you can also roll the windows down to get a nice breeze without creating a horrible wind tunnel pointing directly at your face. I can cruise with them down all day in my Celica and barely have to touch my hair when I get out. New car? I look like I just stuck a fork in an electrical socket.

Can confirm, I drive a 77 Cougar with the AC out, and even without vent windows the air flow directed into the car with the windows down means that I don't really miss it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

My guess is it involved more cinder blocks.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/SLLL4bi.gif

(It was a real tossup whether to put it in this, or the awesome poo poo thread)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Kill-9 posted:

I appears to me they pulled the engine out the bottom. Is that normal for Fieros? I'm not an expert on their engine arrangement.

This picture terrifies me to my core. The blocks are stacked the wrong way, the jack stands have their weight balanced on air, the wood 'beam' is barely there. I could go on.

What's particularly mind-boggling is that they seem to have decided to tear the engine down right there and then, under the car, in the yard.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/SLLL4bi.gif

(It was a real tossup whether to put it in this, or the awesome poo poo thread)

That is only awesome if you're less than 13yrs old.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Crotch Fruit posted:

Everyones a preteen.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crotch Fruit posted:

32. Engineer. Dad. Up-tight.

Laughed.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Crotch Fruit posted:

Thus sayeth Crotch Fruit, of the animated banana and strawberry genitalia avatar.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Kill-9 posted:

It genuinely upsets me when people are too lazy to dig a proper fixin' hole

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Crotch Fruit posted:

If laughing about this is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Slavvy posted:

What's particularly mind-boggling is that they seem to have decided to tear the engine down right there and then, under the car, in the yard.

Its nice to work in the shade

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

bobbilljim posted:

I'm going to guess it involved a PTO forklift on a tractor, hi-lift jack on a stack of cinder blocks, or six large men variously named Bubba, Tiny, Jimbo, Big Mike, Billy Bob, and/or Jethro.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

bandman posted:

I'm going to guess it involved a PTO forklift on a tractor, hi-lift jack on a stack of cinder blocks, or six large men variously named Bubba, Tiny, Jimbo, Big Mike, Billy Bob, and/or Jethro.

Let me tell you about the time I watched some guys at work use the Nissan forklift to change the tire on a Ram 1500...

Basically they both got their forklift licenses revoked and one drat near got fired.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

Let me tell you about the time I watched some guys at work use the Nissan forklift to change the tire on a Ram 1500...

Basically they both got their forklift licenses revoked and one drat near got fired.

Why? Forklifts are the best jacks.

In all seriousness I understand, but I've seen people use forklifts for vehicle maintenance purposes many times.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

:stonk: I don't even know how to respond

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

What the gently caress!?! :stonk:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Was it at least a hardbody before?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I used a forklift to change a tire on my eta at work

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
They had the frame on the very tip of the forks. A stiff breeze would have had it slip off and puncture the floorpan. They were also mucking about under the truck.

I understand that you can do "bad" things in the "best" way, but these two were being best-in-class idiots.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
A set of over-sized wheels on a car with worn springs and weak struts, what could go wrong?

No idea how this held 50 psi. :stare:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Not the first time that's been done...

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Geoj posted:

Not the first time that's been done...

This doesn't belong in this thread. A new Ranchero is a wonderful thing and not at all terrible, regardless of who manufactured it (this coming from a man who hates the mustang for no obvious reason).

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Noeland posted:

This doesn't belong in this thread. A new Ranchero is a wonderful thing and not at all terrible, regardless of who manufactured it (this coming from a man who hates the mustang for no obvious reason).

...Um, that's not a Mustang cut down into a truck. That's a Ranger with a Mustang front end put on it. It's in the right thread.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Putting a car front end on a truck may be tacky but I don't see the issue with it. Putting a sedan back end on a pickup negates any value either vehicle had.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Well, there's the fact that the lines on that really just do not look great. It looks incredibly goofy and horrible. Plus, it could genuinely use a lower rideheight. It just looks really, really hideous and is something that should not be.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Minor but believe me last night after a flight it felt monumentally stupid: Rental Dodge Charger has absolutely no hard buttons to control whether the air comes out of the dash, floor, or both. They give you buttons to control defrost, temp, a knob for fan speed, an A/C button... But if you don't want the car to decide your vents for you, you have to use a tiny touchscreen, which isn't even obviously touch sensitive.

Oh, and gauges that are hard to read because they're over styled, and no standard Bluetooth or aux in? I realize it's poverty spec but come on.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

Minor but believe me last night after a flight it felt monumentally stupid: Rental Dodge Charger has absolutely no hard buttons to control whether the air comes out of the dash, floor, or both. They give you buttons to control defrost, temp, a knob for fan speed, an A/C button... But if you don't want the car to decide your vents for you, you have to use a tiny touchscreen, which isn't even obviously touch sensitive.

Oh, and gauges that are hard to read because they're over styled, and no standard Bluetooth or aux in? I realize it's poverty spec but come on.

Something inside me is vaguely relieved that I get to see next to no chryslers where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Slavvy posted:

Something inside me is vaguely relieved that I get to see next to no chryslers where I live.

At least for the purposes of a rental, the rest of the car is not bad. Shitloads of legroom, not something I usually have at 6'4". But those little things are just so monumentally dumb.