Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I got the basic gist of my Disney assignment today. All I know thus far is Fantasyland Attractions. I was kind of disappointed at first, but now I am kind of like...yeah, let's do this.

Edit: Perfect view of Epcot (I think) fireworks from the balcony of my apartment. Yeah. I think I like living here.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I got the basic gist of my Disney assignment today. All I know thus far is Fantasyland Attractions. I was kind of disappointed at first, but now I am kind of like...yeah, let's do this.

Edit: Perfect view of Epcot (I think) fireworks from the balcony of my apartment. Yeah. I think I like living here.

pics?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
My old apartment off 535 I could watch wishes from my desk. That was fantastic. I get off at 930 most days so I've taken to popping out and watching the Star Wars Weekends fireworks. They're pretty great but I am sad they got rid of Hyperspace Hoopla.

Welcome to the kingdom! Some days I wish I was back in MK attractions. Worked the pirate ride on my program. You just missed the old liederhosen costumes, they ditched them fairly recently.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I am not sure I miss the weird gyrating that Star Wars characters were attempting in that show. I saw video of their new SWW finale program, and it's pretty spiffy.

How about video?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152044067027077&set=vb.693747076&type=2

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

How long are you gonna be there for again?

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

I got the basic gist of my Disney assignment today.

You did CP Meet n Greet yesterday at Casting? If you were there in the morning, it's extremely possible that you walked right past me.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

I am not much more than that, but almost all the weight is in my belly, which means that the thing can't click properly. Here's to the Florida heat melting me into a puddle and I'll be able to ride it soon.

I have a lawn and a push mower. I am able to shed 5 lbs. in water weight alone just mowing the front. Now add the backyard and twice weekly during summer and you will be Brad Pitt before October.. or dead of heat stroke but either way my lawn gets mowed.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I'd mow your lawn if I were going to get much free time. I am working Fantasyland in the summer a new ride is opening. I'm gon' be busy.

Roar posted:

You did CP Meet n Greet yesterday at Casting? If you were there in the morning, it's extremely possible that you walked right past me.

I actually had casting today for some reason, so no.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

I'd mow your lawn if I were going to get much free time. I am working Fantasyland in the summer a new ride is opening. I'm gon' be busy.

I'm kidding man, I have migrant workers being paid illegally under the table to work on my yard because gently caress if I can be bothered to work in sweltering heat that can make my face melt off if I am out too long in the sun.

You are going to be busy as all hell. My condolences. We will look for you when we go visit the park though. I'll be sure to stop at GS to tell them how extra f*ing magical you made our visit every time we are there.. if you are working of course.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
Just popping in to say that the last episode of the Dole Whipped podcast with the ex-cast member was really interesting - and I eagerly await TheBigBudgetSequel's behind-the-scenes gossip too. Best of luck dude, sounds like you're going have a great time!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Thanks for the compliment! Chris is really interesting and a super nice guy. We enjoyed having him on the show.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

It's really cruel to have the new mine ride running for cast only. :smith: It sounds like a lot of fun.

Too bad we are leaving the day before it's opens :(

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
It's to make sure the ride is perfect for guests once it opens officially :shobon:

The cast will iron out the bugs!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just hit the submit button to buy our premium annual passes. :dance:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Mine Train started soft opening to guests in the park as of yesterday. It's sporadic and they close it off every so often, but I wouldn't be surprised if it continues daily until the official opening of the ride (the 28th)

I hope I get to ride on Saturday. I can't go into the parks until Friday when I get my ID card, and cast members are not allowed at the party on Friday.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mine Train started soft opening to guests in the park as of yesterday. It's sporadic and they close it off every so often, but I wouldn't be surprised if it continues daily until the official opening of the ride (the 28th)

I hope I get to ride on Saturday. I can't go into the parks until Friday when I get my ID card, and cast members are not allowed at the party on Friday.

poo poo you cannot go to the 24-hr event?

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
It's blocked out for CM comp-admittance.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Roar posted:

It's to make sure the ride is perfect for guests once it opens officially :shobon:

The cast will iron out the bugs!

Or the bugs will iron out the cast :black101:

Roar posted:

It's blocked out for CM comp-admittance.

I'm surprised it's not blacked out for a hell of a lot more than that. It's going to be a mad house.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also Epcot is going to bump its hours to close at midnight over the summer. Score!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm surprised it's not blacked out for a hell of a lot more than that. It's going to be a mad house.

Magic Kingdom CM blackout runs from now through August 8th.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Thankfully, that's only for main gates usage. CM personal admission is only blocked out tomorrow for magic kingdom and the weekend for Hollywood Studios. Last years 24 hour event was the first in a long time that personal admission was blacked out.

I'm almost considering using one tomorrow. I always have a ton left over and I have a friend in town visiting.

They were running occasional soft openings for cast members and guests yesterday. We didn't luck by and I didn't want to leave my friend behind.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well.. off to Magic Kingdom to catch the last 8'ish hours of the 24hr event.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Well.. off to Magic Kingdom to catch the last 8'ish hours of the 24hr event.

Godspeed.

In related news I actually did get to go into the park today for a short period. My Traditions tour was right in the thick of the added early parade madness, we were in the actual park for about...20 minutes tops, but it was neat to be able to see the park during the party.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I thought Traditions was somewhat creepy but loved seeing the underside of the park for the first time.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Splash Mountain down, fast pass out the window. Apparently this is the 4th time today.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Splash Mountain down, fast pass out the window. Apparently this is the 4th time today.

Yeah, I was next in line when it went down too. Better than being stuck on the ride waiting to be evacuated I suppose

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Felt hotter than it was just looking at the visitors wearing their costumes for the 24hr thing; Stay hydrated people,. Also if you saw a green furry puppet around the park getting on rides, that was my nephew's doing.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I've been evac'd off splash. It was the worst. Stuck for 30 minutes near an animatronic shrew singing about how I was going to die. All while my cell didn't get any service so I couldn't telly wheelchair ridden mother why it was taking me so long to go on the ride when I went as a single rider

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

Yeah, I was next in line when it went down too. Better than being stuck on the ride waiting to be evacuated I suppose

Mansion broke down now wtf Disney?!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Mansion broke down now wtf Disney?!

I'm in line for Buzz Lightyear so it should be breaking down any time now

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm in line for Buzz Lightyear so it should be breaking down any time now

Pirates was our next FP.. Guess what is temporarily down, we just checked the app.

Update: people fled in droves.. Ride is back up. Front of line bonus. Updates to follow. G/L with Buzz. Don't break it, we are there next.

Also did you see the Sasquatch wearing the Cinderella costume?

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 24, 2014

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Pirates was our next FP.. Guess what is temporarily down, we just checked the app.

Update: people fled in droves.. Ride is back up. Front of line bonus. Updates to follow. G/L with Buzz. Don't break it, we are there next.

We saw a very large guy in a princess dress at Ohana earlier, might be the same guy

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I just got back to my room from Magic Kingdom. Managed to make it quite a long time and was able to get on Mine Train twice very early this morning. That's a good ride and incredibly well-themed, but I am really happy I had less than 30 minute waits both times, because it is short. It might be a few seconds longer than Barnstormer, but not by much.

Either way, my wife and I spent the majority of the day people watching and causally riding rides every once in a while.

I'm glad I went, but I wouldn't make a special trip to do it again. I never felt like it was a "special" day at any point, save for an extra running of Festival of Fantasy parade (which is incredible, I have to admit), and good t-shirts for the event. Although it was a great day, and it was interesting to see people trying really hard to tough it out in 90+ degree heat and humidity in really elaborate costumes.

Teacups also managed to break down, too, right before I left. To add to the list of messed up rides late this evening. The People Mover was also down several times throughout the day.

I'm sleeping in, and I think we're going to hit Epcot late in the afternoon to ride a few rides and have dinner.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

demonR6 posted:

Do you mean a beast woman in a bad Cinderella/princess outfit, or a drag queen? Because there were a lot of both today.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Me - that's a nice Belle costume on her
Wife - you're staring at her boobs captain obvious
Me - hey let's buy you that hat you liked!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doronin posted:

Do you mean a beast woman in a bad Cinderella/princess outfit, or a drag queen? Because there were a lot of both today.

I mean a rather stout woman north of 250 in a very tight costume that looked like someone with the shakes applied her makeup.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

And now Buzz is down while I'm on it...

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

And now Buzz is down while I'm on it...

Rack up points!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

demonR6 posted:

Rack up points!

Was until it went all the down and reset the scores :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Impromptu Goon meet!?

I'm in the middle of shoveling a chili cheese dog and order of cheese fries down my throat at 3 AM.. this can only end well.