Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laserface posted:

Man it sure is unfortunate there is no Titanfall thread for you guys to discuss this stuff in.

Don't worry! You guys will get Titanfall 2, and be better than everyone else from the start because of what you've learned from us.

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have an Xbone, I just think its dull game in comparison to BF4.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
xbone owners are so dumb, they post in the battlefield thread about titanfall.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Chamber 9 posted:

xbone owners are so dumb, they post in the battlefield thread about titanfall.

:iceburn:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Laserface posted:

Man it sure is unfortunate there is no Titanfall thread for you guys to discuss this stuff in.

Yet, no one seems to care when people come in and talk about BF3 or BC2.

Really, the Titanfall chat is no more annoying than the people that consistently come to this thread just to talk about how bad BF4 is, yet still play it enough to consistently come in and talk about how bad it is.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 22, 2014

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
theres no point in posting in a thread no one gives a poo poo about.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: this thread should probably just be called "PS4 and Xbox one MP crew talking to/over each other".

There was a half of a page of The Last of Us chat in here like 2 days ago, so if Xbox crew wants to talk about Titanfall I'm not gonna judge.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
These threads have always been more of a chat room for people who play battlefield than an actual discussion of battlefield. Just look at the hot dog chat we had. Amongst the myriad of other off topic discussions.

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis

moist turtleneck posted:

Did they make the Kinect any better for the Bone?

The Kinect chat still sounds horrible but I'm consistently amazed at how crystal clear the party chat is when it works, picking up such fascinating sounds as bringer loading up the ol' garbeurator between rounds.

Nothing was worse then when half of us got in the new dash beta and we had to use BF4's built in squad chat. :suicide:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

10 Beers posted:

Yet, no one seems to care when people come in and talk about BF3 or BC2.

Really, the Titanfall chat is no more annoying than the people that consistently come to this thread just to talk about how bad BF4 is, yet still play it enough to consistently come in and talk about how bad it is.

Oddly enough, the people who seem to always talk about BF3, BC2, and complain about BF4 are the ones who also talk about Titanfall.

Also there's no threads for the other games you mentioned, whereas there happens to be a very large thread for titainfall.

But whatever, if nobody really cares I guess it doesn't matter much regardless. I'd prefer to not see it but apparently that's a minority opinion here.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The Titanfall thread is full of awful PC sperglords so nobody wants to post there.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So after 15 tries, I only managed to get about 5 titan kills with a nuclear titanbomb. Not really worth it when you consider your team is then down a titan for the other rounds when your premature explision nets you 0 titan kills.

http://1drv.ms/1gTlTgd

This is my best one. Really unless the other team is trapped in a corner, or completely dumb, you're never going to get close enough to take them out. There's too much time for them to get away, and it's too easy to run into flankers.

So, fun to try, but should only be used for the hilarity option.

Also, I just noticed that when you eject, your HUD is shown to be an actual HUD on your titan's viewing screen. Nice attention to detail.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

NESguerilla posted:

:lol: this thread should probably just be called "PS4 and Xbox one MP crew talking to/over each other".

There was a half of a page of The Last of Us chat in here like 2 days ago, so if Xbox crew wants to talk about Titanfall I'm not gonna judge.
Games seriously needs a Couch Chat/General Chat thread.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
The battlefield chatroom on ps4 is where it's at. We've got 30 people in there now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Mutation posted:

Games seriously needs a Couch Chat/General Chat thread.

There was one like a month ago that was actually stickied and the mods removed it because...

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

There was one like a month ago that was actually stickied and the mods removed it because...

Do you really want video game nerds talking about whatever they want.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

keyboard vomit posted:

Do you really want video game nerds talking about whatever they want.

I actually liked that thread a lot. If you had some random thought that didn't really fit in any particular thread but made for good discussion you could post it in there. It got stupid and hell-dumpy from time to time but for the most part was pretty civil.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

NESguerilla posted:

Hey, BFgoon TLoU crew, I re-borrowed my dude's PS3 and got the new maps installed. Let's shiv some mans over the three day weekend. I heard on a podcast that multiplayer servers will be shared between the original and "remastered" (PS4ce) editions, and I really hope that turns out to be the case. :ohdear:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Any of you guys have any advice for The Show 2014? I picked it up and the game looks great, but I just can't hit to save my life. I'm about "average" on regular fastballs, but anything offspeed just wrecks me. I know that for a realistic game you're only probably supposed to hit .300-.400 or so, but I can't even score runs because it's almost entirely random when I lay off if the pitch is a fastball or something else. I'm decent at other sports games so I don't think it's that, and maybe I just need to adapt more, but it sucks repeatedly playing games and not doing poo poo.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

Hey, BFgoon TLoU crew, I re-borrowed my dude's PS3 and got the new maps installed. Let's shiv some mans over the three day weekend. I heard on a podcast that multiplayer servers will be shared between the original and "remastered" (PS4ce) editions, and I really hope that turns out to be the case. :ohdear:

Sure I'm down for some combination of drinking, Tourette's, and forgetting what the controls are. :getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah that sounds fun and I've already forgot what all the buttons do so it'll be even better. I'm pretty sure I won't hold circle to sprint this time though.

We should try all using the grenade launcher to see if maybe with three it stops being terrible.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

alansmithee posted:

Any of you guys have any advice for The Show 2014?

Look everyone, he's hoisting us on our own petard!

Why are none of you fuckers ever around to play Titanfall when I am?

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

alansmithee posted:

Any of you guys have any advice for The Show 2014? I picked it up and the game looks great, but I just can't hit to save my life. I'm about "average" on regular fastballs, but anything offspeed just wrecks me. I know that for a realistic game you're only probably supposed to hit .300-.400 or so, but I can't even score runs because it's almost entirely random when I lay off if the pitch is a fastball or something else. I'm decent at other sports games so I don't think it's that, and maybe I just need to adapt more, but it sucks repeatedly playing games and not doing poo poo.

Do you know anything about baseball? I'm not being condescending, but knowing what sorts of pitches pitchers tend to throw in certain situations, and where, can certainly help. For example, you're facing a guy with a 4 seamer, a two seamer, a change up, and a slider. If it's 1-2, one out, guy on first, he's pretty likely to throw a low change trying to induce a ground ball. Same situation but no runners on base, he's more likely to try to get you to chase a slider.

Handedness also helps, as will practice. You'll get better.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I broke the stairs:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1420230218250304

In the beginning there I'm using the parachute for some reason.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

keyboard vomit posted:

I broke the stairs:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1420230218250304

In the beginning there I'm using the parachute for some reason.

You were shooting at them what did you expect to happen

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
I go 19-1 with 100+ points in attrition and my team barely wins.

Another thing, I always knew the 360 was behind the Bone in terms of patches, but apparently we're way behind because we just got update 2 today. June can't come soon enough.

hahaha, Mail you've ever used quad rocket with rapid fire? It's one of those things where it's so bad it's good. Actually, it has pretty good damage if you can manage to get all the rockets to hit, and you can do some range fighting with it too, atleast much more than the standard quads.

edit: yeah, I'll definitely get bf4. I think part of the reason why I don't like it is due to the fact that it's really poorly designed for the 360. I'm sure I'll like it way more for the Bone. So far everything is still on track, so around mid/late june, maybe early july at the latest.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 23, 2014

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

hahaha, Mail you've ever used quad rocket with rapid fire? It's one of those things where it's so bad it's good. Actually, it has pretty good damage if you can manage to get all the rockets to hit, and you can do some range fighting with it too, atleast much more than the standard quads.

Sadly haven't tried it yet. I've just fully discovered my love for bumper jumper + chaingun strider.

Make sure you get BF4 when you get your 'bone. I've been hankering to go back to a game that shows your teabags in the death cam.

I hit my dash core and became a whirling dervish of fists, cluster missiles and chain gun fire on some poor Atlas. Bumper jumper makes aiming while moving so much easier.

GG tonight Thug. Lots a titan murderin'

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 23, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

thenicko33 posted:

edit: yeah, I'll definitely get bf4. I think part of the reason why I don't like it is due to the fact that it's really poorly designed for the 360. I'm sure I'll like it way more for the Bone. So far everything is still on track, so around mid/late june, maybe early july at the latest.

BF3 was really poorly designed for last gen too imo. The maps just seemed totally designed around 64 players and playing it on 360 just felt like an empty wasteland most of the time. It was so disappointing coming off of BC2 which was pretty much perfectly designed for 360. I probably idealize that game too much because of that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

NESguerilla posted:

BF3 was really poorly designed for last gen too imo. The maps just seemed totally designed around 64 players and playing it on 360 just felt like an empty wasteland most of the time. It was so disappointing coming off of BC2 which was pretty much perfectly designed for 360. I probably idealize that game too much because of that.

Also because it had the best versions of Rush, which works perfectly fine with 32 players, and was insane as hell. Conquest did well on it's perfectly scaled maps too.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Beelzebozo posted:

Day One PS4 buy, and I just bet y'all have work or things to do that weekend.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Lawnie posted:

Do you know anything about baseball? I'm not being condescending, but knowing what sorts of pitches pitchers tend to throw in certain situations, and where, can certainly help. For example, you're facing a guy with a 4 seamer, a two seamer, a change up, and a slider. If it's 1-2, one out, guy on first, he's pretty likely to throw a low change trying to induce a ground ball. Same situation but no runners on base, he's more likely to try to get you to chase a slider.

Handedness also helps, as will practice. You'll get better.

I know some stuff about baseball, but I'd not say I'm an expert. I know in general about some of the strategy stuff like you mention. I'm just also not quite sure how much of that the computer (or a human opponent, assuming I ever get adequate enough to try online) actually takes into account. Also it seems I almost always start down in the pitch count since I'm typically just guessing on the first pitch. Then if you get a shaky strike call or foul off a pitch, it's 0-2 and I feel like I'm pretty much doomed.

I've even gone into batting practice but I get wrecked just as much there. I mean .250 would be an improvement but I've played about 4-5 games and haven't even scored 1 run. It gets lame always losing 1-0 or 2-0 (my pitching at least keeps games close) with like 15 Ks

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've had better luck guessing pitch location rather than type. I've only played it a bit and wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't played a baseball game in yonks. Turns out it's waaay more fun than I expected. I played an exhibition game and then decided to do the create a player mode, made a goofy pitcher named Big Dog Dick (which makes me laugh every single time it's announced) and got him signed with the Cubs, currently playing AA ball. I pitched a complete game shutout on my first outing, but when your pitches are knuckle, screw, and fork, that's what happens I guess. I find pitching way more fun than batting, so the couple of times a game that he's up to bat is fine for me.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
There are adjustments you can make to the batting interface, too. You may find it helpful to use classic mode which, f you guess the pitch and location correctly, will show you exactly where that pitch will be instead of just lighting up the zone. It's much easier, and will definitely help you identify balls and strikes better.

I've found that the ai is really good at pitching as I'd expect most times. The strategy I use is always to guess fastball if possible before I have two strikes. Once I have two strikes, I'll start looking for strikeout pitches instead of fastballs in the zone.

Practice and situational awareness are the two things id say are most important.

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL
Once my wife falls asleep I'll gnaw my arm off and be on to help the PS4ce assemblage.

I hope I don't wake her up by yelling motherfucker like I did last week.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Big McLargeHuge posted:

Once my wife falls asleep I'll gnaw my arm off and be on to help the PS4ce assemblage.

I hope I don't wake her up by yelling motherfucker like I did last week.

:smith::respek::smith:

I gotta look into sound-proofing the little pocket door that separates my den from the bedroom.

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL

Beelzebozo posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

I gotta look into sound-proofing the little pocket door that separates my den from the bedroom.

Or roofies.

Where's my PS4ce? While the wife's asleep I'll jihad jeep. Beep beep! :getin:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Do pubbies not understand that being the lucky Pierre of 4 dudes spraying lmgs indiscriminately into a choke point is not teabag worthy? Hugging a mans, defib, repair tool; these are teabaggable. There's a code of honor here.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If it bothered you than mission accomplished

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
Playing some Saturday morning BF4 in the Bone Zone - THUGASAURUS 7EX if u feelin nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

My in laws are still here pray for me.

• Locked thread