Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The anime-tabletop connection is two-fold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Open the door, guns on the floor
Everyone walk the robosaur

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

AstroWhale posted:

Was I the only one that noticed the weird moonwalk the guard made?

The move of doom!!

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Maybe all the backwards decals are so at least one side can be read when using rear-view mirrors for other goofy looking vehicle pilots? Yeah, that'll work as an explanation!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Suspicious Dish posted:

About Us

Nerkas Solutions was founded by one man, with a single vision.

Today, we are hundreds of thousands of people strong... but we're still united by one incredible dream: to make humanity better, one innovation at a time.

But Nerkas Solutions is more than the largest technology provider in the world—through our Emily's Dream philanthropic fund, we are also the leading benefactor of charitable organizations.

Our passion for innovation and commitment to the greater good has led us to support a variety of causes, including nature conservation, wildlife research and government advocacy groups.

With over 478,000 employees in 126 offices around the world, Nerkas Solutions will always be there to serve the needs of mankind. Today... tomorrow... and into the future.

We invite you to learn more about us by exploring our site, or by contacting Nerkas Solutions today.
I'm more shocked by the fact that they kept this site up.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Did you guys do a lot of cuts in that video, or is the game naturally this disjointed?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Cantorsdust posted:

Did you guys do a lot of cuts in that video, or is the game naturally this disjointed?

I only cut between failed runs during gameplay. I am George Lucas with A Camera and B Camera.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

judge reinhold posted:

I only cut between failed runs during gameplay. I am George Lucas with A Camera and B Camera.

This game has robots, Zero had robots. It's like poetry, they rhyme.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I struggle so hard to parse the games dialogue that my head hurts but then they start fighting business astronauts and everything is ok again.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

This game seems like if you put a bowl of water in the microwave

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
My money is on this game being like that game you played in elementary school where you fold up a piece of paper and one kid draws the head, one draws the torso, and the third draws the legs. Only in MindJack's case, no one knows what they were supposed to draw so they just guessed.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Obviously stairs are a luxury item because everything is thwarted by them. Rather than invent something that could navigate stairs, they just made stairs a violation of building codes, and now only rich people can afford to bribe the right officials when it comes time to replace them.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Stairs are a luxury item because they provide valuable protection against government doombas.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Is it me or was fedora-man wearing an Affliction t-shirt? :staredog:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Geop posted:

Is it me or was fedora-man wearing an Affliction t-shirt? :staredog:

I saw a sweet 80's Hawaiian T personally.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like the reasoning behind the Shotgun/Rocket Launcher enemies.
:v: : We can't have then rushing the players, we should make them slow and tough.
:downs: : I BET IT WOULD BE HARD TO RUN IN A SPACESUIT!

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I was tearing with laughter during the NERKAS bit. It's impossible to top Ride to Hell but drat if this game isn't making an effort.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

dantheman650 posted:

I was tearing with laughter during the NERKAS bit. It's impossible to top Ride to Hell but drat if this game isn't making an effort.
Between RtH, Dark, and this horrible abomination, we've got some quality LP madness.

I don't think anything will ever top RtH for sheer insanity and crazy broken animations/gameplay though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What this game glosses over is how huge NERKAS is. See, NERKAS is basically what happens if Umbrella was as successful and popular as Microsoft (in terms of Windows, not the Xbone). In addition to creating loving everything in this universe (note that the barriers in the airport had the NERKAS logo), they revolutionized the world by creating the Mindwave technology. This headset let people control all technology with their mind, not just basic appliances.

Have a safety pamphlet! http://www.mindjackgame.com/na/assets/download/NerkasSolutions-MindHacking.pdf

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Between RtH, Dark, and this horrible abomination, we've got some quality LP madness.

I don't think anything will ever top RtH for sheer insanity and crazy broken animations/gameplay though.

This game is gonna have a real hard time topping Dark's final boss.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SSNeoman posted:

This headset let people control all technology with their mind, not just basic appliances.
Oh, man... Does that include flushing a toilet?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

Good question.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Depends. If the toilet has glowing blue LEDs, then yes.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Hahahaha! Where did you find that on the website? I saw a news thing that had a picture of that pamphlet, but when I clicked on it I got some story about a Boost energy drink.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I added a new character bio to the secondary post.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

judge reinhold posted:

I added a new character bio to the secondary post.

Randy Johnson is the true hero of MindJack.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
He's like the Radio Operator guy from Spec Ops.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's always hilarious to see you take over a civilian who then immediately produces and shoots accurately with a firearm.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Glazius posted:

It's always hilarious to see you take over a civilian who then immediately produces and shoots accurately with a firearm.

Machine Gun Grandma is an American hero.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Ah, this game uses Radiant AI.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Happy memorial day everybody. Let's try to remember the plot in honor of it. It turns out the nefarious NERKAS is giving its customers brain tumors and trying to cover it up. Rebecca was trying to expose the company, possibly leading to the endless amount of Squawkers pursuing her and Jim. Jim and Rebecca have to survive long enough to learn all the NERKAS-related secrets. Just who runs this NERKAS, and what does he or she have to gain by tumorizing so many brains? What grandiose location will the two cavort to next? Watch and find out!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

"MORE?" "HOW MANY OF THESE GUYS ARE THERE" and variations thereof really seem to be about half the dialogue in this stupid game.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Wow the AI in this game is certainly... a thing? Who cares about good AI when you have so much enemy variety. Truly that is more important.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I wonder if weaponized chimps are a big seller for Nerkas,

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
So all of those cargo crates said "excitement" in German. (Spannung, a.k.a. Spoon-nanny). Obviously they're full of copies of MindJack just waiting to be sold!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

You can't hide from me, judge.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
We're teaching a lot in the thread, but we're also learning. I think that's important.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

A lot of people itt seem confused about the plot of this game, and I'm not going to lie it is a sticky web of intrigue. HOWEVER I can't help but fault the op for somehow forgetting to upload the game's actual introduction that sets everything up in advance!

Luckily I managed to find it on youtube. I hope this clears things up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85EsAAgt27E

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

This game is Picasso's blue period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

bhlaab posted:

A lot of people itt seem confused about the plot of this game, and I'm not going to lie it is a sticky web of intrigue. HOWEVER I can't help but fault the op for somehow forgetting to upload the game's actual introduction that sets everything up in advance!

Luckily I managed to find it on youtube. I hope this clears things up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85EsAAgt27E

Wow! This is good! I like the use of Papyrus at the end, the icing on the cake.

• Locked thread