Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This week's episode of Who Charted ends with a reference to that fateful night at the Hollywood Bowl recording for the next Analyse Phish and it just whets my appetite even further. In my mind at this point it's podcasting's answer to both Fear and Loathing and Requiem for a Dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Oh man, U talking U2 to me is really hitting a low point with this Billy Joel chat. Like I get the part of the joke where the hosts of a music podcast both have horrible taste in music. They established that very early on with their praise of Huey Lewis' Sport album, but this feels like a half hour of listening to a couple of my Dad's most boring friends talk about music, and I'm older than both Scotts.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Oh man, U talking U2 to me is really hitting a low point with this Billy Joel chat. Like I get the part of the joke where the hosts of a music podcast both have horrible taste in music. They established that very early on with their praise of Huey Lewis' Sport album, but this feels like a half hour of listening to a couple of my Dad's most boring friends talk about music, and I'm older than both Scotts.
Congrats on being on the outside, bro.

I don't know a single Billy Joel song and that whole section is hilarious to me, probably for that reason. Couple of loving nerds.

cams fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 21, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This week's episode of Who Charted ends with a reference to that fateful night at the Hollywood Bowl recording for the next Analyse Phish and it just whets my appetite even further. In my mind at this point it's podcasting's answer to both Fear and Loathing and Requiem for a Dream.

I thought the "oh poo poo clearly got bad" was a lot of baseless hemming and hawing but, uh, yeah. :stare: That's going to be a hell of a show.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

NotWearingPants posted:

and I'm older than both Scotts.

Holy poo poo.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Sounds like the Scotts are getting sick of U Talkin' U2 To Me? after all, judging by the end of the newest episode. Oh, the hubris of declaring they'd keep going until the new album came out.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I know they mentioned it early on, but they never devoted any episodes to Original Soundtracks 1, right? That's the album they recorded with ol' sour puss under the name Passengers.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
A Zouks, St. Clair, Parham Improv4Humans!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I know they mentioned it early on, but they never devoted any episodes to Original Soundtracks 1, right? That's the album they recorded with ol' sour puss under the name Passengers.

They talked about it extensively on (I think) the Pop episode.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Everything about Jessica St Clair is amazing.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Today's I4H was definitely one for the ages.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

Wompler is not a character at all, judging from that episode. That's just Jessica St Clair at age 15.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

ArtVandelay posted:

I'd be totally on board with Zouks' proposed "Jessica Tries / Watches Well-Known Things For The First Time" podcast.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It'd just be a Zouks solo project because it genuinely sounded like St Clair was close to leaving the room as he did his Buffalo Bill impression. So yeah, sounds good.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Zouks was on the latest episode of St Clair/Parham's "Playing House" and it was pretty great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Foo Talkin' U2 to Me?

http://www.avclub.com/article/foo-fighters-taylor-hawkins-why-he-hates-u2s-disco-204670

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

ArtVandelay posted:

One of my favorite things about these episodes is the exploration of how narrow St Clair's life experience is. It's hilarious.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

This is not funny.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"There was a, um, there was an X-Files that I did not see…"
"I love the beginning of this already…"

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I was so glad they worked back around to that topic after it got derailed. That very episode of X-Files changed my life. It's called "Home" and it only aired once during the show's lifetime, but I caught that premiere and it drat near ruined my 10-year-old life with how hosed up it was. Nowadays I love being reminded of it, though, so that was a nice little bonus in this already incredible episode.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen it (or X-Files, really) but it's on Netflix. Season 4 episode 2.
Also, I just found out "Home" is the subject of one an "It's That Episode" episode. A decent podcast with Craig Rowen. I need to give it a listen this morning.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I checked out that episode of It's That Episode, was disappointed that they only talked about the X-Files episode for like 20 minutes and that was mostly just a recap where they occasionally say "It was hosed up." Then they just talked about death and murder for the rest of the episode. Pretty good.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
It happened. They really did it: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/staind-glass/

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

STAIND loving GLASS

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

That is pretty amazing. It'll be difficult waiting until tomorrow (well, later today) to listen to it.

In what episode did they make the original joke?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This is amazing.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Oh my god. You guys. Scott playing songs and asking Todd if it's U2. This is the best.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

tnimark posted:

Oh my god. You guys. Scott playing songs and asking Todd if it's U2. This is the best.
For real. I cackled so loud when Weezer and the Fat Boys came on.

Why the gently caress does Scott have The Rembrandts on his ipod?

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 28, 2014

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Explaining to Todd that he's the titular Glass at minute 124 of 133 is the cherry on top of a perfect sundae.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Explaining to Todd that he's the titular Glass at minute 124 of 133 is the cherry on top of a perfect sundae.

Oh my god. I can't listen to this until later and it's like waiting for Christmas.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm an hour and 44 minutes in and am amazed they haven't mentioned HBO's "Reverb" yet. I think Mr. Show's final season had its timeslot bumped for it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Staind Glass was amazing. Starts a lil slow but it might be the funniest U Talkin yet.

Also, Besser OBLITERATING Armen on Who Charted is the perfect way to end his tenure.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

cams posted:

Also, Besser OBLITERATING Armen on Who Charted is the perfect way to end his tenure.

poo poo was brutal and I loved it so much.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

poo poo was brutal and I loved it so much.

Which Armen-hosted episode of WC would be best to download as homework for this?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The segment where Scott plays fake U2 songs was unbelievably funny.

How has this thread not already devolved into suggestions for the next rock band/Earwolf-friendly comedian podcast? Someone on the Earwolf boards suggested the genius 'Thirty Seconds To Sklars'. I'll humbly submit 'Sanz Ferdinand', 'Lauren LapKISS' and 'The Dandy Schwartz-hols'.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Max22 posted:

Which Armen-hosted episode of WC would be best to download as homework for this?

The PFT one is a stark contrast. Paul was basically giving him a big hug throughout.
e: welcome... to the despair cast

Beeez
May 28, 2012
What kind of stuff does Besser say?

The Banned
Jun 11, 2005
"My witness is the empty sky."
Lil Jon Gabrus where they discuss the works of acclaimed rapper and producer Lil Jon.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Beeez posted:

No-frills criticisms about what he doesn't like about Weitzman's comedy; Weitzman himself. It's all really good and you should listen to it, Besser's tone is established in like the first 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beeez posted:

Just hates on him relentlessly as a host/comedian/person

I never really loved WC, but it's obvious now that Howard really makes the show.