Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Rewatching the parts of that gamespot video I missed

Most guards have google glass style cameras, and you can hack them. But then you can hack another guard from his point of view, and another from his, and daisy chain hack your way through a level, opening doors and spying on the guards and stuff.

That's amazing. :allears: That's some proper hacking, plus like Narbacular Drop style puzzle stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sedisp posted:

I'm in the same boat. If anyone expects a Ubisoft open world story to be anything other than awful they deserve disappointment.

But the Ezio trilogy had a great story. :confused:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Do you have to have a tablet to do the companion app stuff? I have a note 3 but every game seems to treat it as unacceptable for video game fuckery.

Game looked good on GS even though the hosts were terrible. Very AC-esque, but I've played every AC game so I'm sure I'll have some fun with this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

precision posted:

Were there good moments? Yes. Were there also a ton of bullshit sections you had to play through to get to those? Yes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Zaphod42 posted:

Were there good moments? Yes. Were there also a ton of bullshit sections you had to play through to get to those? Yes.

What does that have to do with the story? Like, the story was good, but there were some dumb gameplay bits.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The ipad versus mode they show off at the end actually looks kinda fun. And my roommate has an ipad...

hopterque posted:

What does that have to do with the story? Like, the story was good, but there were some dumb gameplay bits.

Yeah, sorry, I was kinda conflating story and like story mode / campaign / missions. What I mean is I'll probably enjoy the sandbox gameplay and just screwing around more than doing the missions, same as GTA. That said, the Ezio story was never so riveting to me that I had to know what would happen next, at best it was just okay and somewhat entertaining. And I personally hated the Desmond storyline, and that was 100% story, although I know there are some oddballs who think it was really cool.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
I've been watching the live stream on IGN, and to tell you the truth, when watching the driving bits, if someone told me it was a ps3 game I wouldn't be surprised.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

pisshead posted:

I've been watching the live stream on IGN, and to tell you the truth, when watching the driving bits, if someone told me it was a ps3 game I wouldn't be surprised.

It pretty much is a PS3 game. That's why it runs 1080p :cheeky:

It'll look a bit better on PC, but I have no problem with how it looks. It looks just like GTA5, plus hacking poo poo. Cool with me.

I guess if you wanted a game to show off your 'next gen console' then that's kinda disappointing, yeah. But Watch Dogs was like, practically a launch game (that got delayed) so yeah its not gonna look particularly mind blowing.

The Division and Destiny are more gonna give you that next-gen oomph.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Utnayan posted:

FYI: Remember this golden gem of a deal to get a copy of Watchdogs for essentially free, since some of the games on this list are ridiculously high value for trade in.

Triple trade in at Target to get a Target Gift card, which obviously can be applied to Watch Dogs. Take the valu e of the game you are looking up, multiply it by three and that's the amount you will get on trade in the form of an instant gift card.

I got $90 bucks for three gamecube games. Mario Sunshine, Zelda TP, and SSBM. You can do three at a time. Tons of games from all sorts of platforms. I am also going to trade in Killzone 3 and NBA 2k4 14 for my PS4 and nab another 98 bucks. Includes tons of games from Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS2, PS3, PS4, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/

This is a really goddamn great deal and I wish I had known about it earlier, just got about $62.00 myself. They limit three trade-ins a day, got a few more things I want to offload tomorrow.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

precision posted:

Yes Ezio's story was interesting. Much like all Ubisoft games they start out strong then it's magical space gods. If you look at Ezio's story then compare it to the rest of Ubisofts stories it feels completely different but if you include anything involving Desmond it becomes distinctively Ubiesque.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Lars Blitzer posted:

Welp, I'm off to Toronto for the launch party. I'm all packed, see?
Woah, what the gently caress? I didn't know there were women on the internet!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Is there a specific reason the minimap is in the right corner as opposed to the left where it's been in pretty much every other game (even Far Cry and rear end Creed?)

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Philip J Fry posted:

Is there a specific reason the minimap is in the right corner as opposed to the left where it's been in pretty much every other game (even Far Cry and rear end Creed?)

I could be completely wrong here but I think people naturally take-in information from the left of screen easier than the right and as Watch_Dogs has a lot of info popping up like peoples info and such then it would make sense to have it on the left and move the mini-map somewhere else. As I type this the more retarded it is but I'm pretty certain I heard about the left vs right thing when studying marketing.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Speedball posted:

This is a really goddamn great deal and I wish I had known about it earlier, just got about $62.00 myself. They limit three trade-ins a day, got a few more things I want to offload tomorrow.

I just traded in 6 and thankfully the guy who did it gave no fucks and just put it on two different gift cards for me. $207 thank you target.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I wonder what the limit is on how far you can daisy chain your camera hacks.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There's a certain range limit between cameras and they have to have line of sight on each other, but beyond that there's no hard limit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Checking out more emerging vids of people who've gotten early copies. A lot of these guys are terrible at stealth. I'm not sure if there's any bonus for ghosting a mission but in a game that likes to help you be clever I hope there is.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Speedball posted:

Checking out more emerging vids of people who've gotten early copies. A lot of these guys are terrible at stealth. I'm not sure if there's any bonus for ghosting a mission but in a game that likes to help you be clever I hope there is.

I find that if the stealth systems are solid and reliable and the AI is consistent in a game, the great feeling of ghosting something is usually reward enough. See: Hitman: Blood Money.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Rule thumb for any of these streamed videos that people record, they always ALWAYS suck at the game, without exception.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mr Scumbag posted:

I find that if the stealth systems are solid and reliable and the AI is consistent in a game, the great feeling of ghosting something is usually reward enough. See: Hitman: Blood Money.

True enough. Killing everyone might make you feel strong, but ghosting a mission in a good stealth game makes you feel smart.

EDIT:

Here, have a cool song by a cool guy about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8WK2H8-VoU

Speedball fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 23, 2014

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Conan does his Clueless Gamer segment on Watch Dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE6OnFKxdi4

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
DRINKING GAMES.

Im so Sold on this game.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w06ae_watch-dogs-drinking-game-xbox-360-version_videogames

I hope you can drink drive!

Orv
May 4, 2011

It's worrying that I'm more interested in the liquid physics involved.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Utnayan posted:

FYI: Remember this golden gem of a deal to get a copy of Watchdogs for essentially free, since some of the games on this list are ridiculously high value for trade in.

Triple trade in at Target to get a Target Gift card, which obviously can be applied to Watch Dogs. Take the valu e of the game you are looking up, multiply it by three and that's the amount you will get on trade in the form of an instant gift card.

I got $90 bucks for three gamecube games. Mario Sunshine, Zelda TP, and SSBM. You can do three at a time. Tons of games from all sorts of platforms. I am also going to trade in Killzone 3 and NBA 2k4 14 for my PS4 and nab another 98 bucks. Includes tons of games from Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS2, PS3, PS4, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U.

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/

I checked every one of my ps3 games and they didn't want any of them, oh well.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Geno posted:

I always love Clueless gamer, especially how he points out the absurdities we as gamers kind of ignore. Why IS a woman sleeping in the seat of a boat? Who cares shoot her and take the boat.

*edit* ok maybe she wasn't sleeping, she was kind of awkwardly cringing away from the stranger in a trenchcoat.

LegoMan fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 23, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Got my DEDSEC box today, to bad us PC guys can't start playing until the actual release date.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Back Hack posted:

Rule thumb for any of these streamed videos that people record, they always ALWAYS suck at the game, without exception.
The best ones are the ones who have done dozens of playthroughs of different games, yet are still universally horrible at every single one. How can you play dozens of games and yet learn nothing about simple stuff like taking cover / blocking / etc. that transfer across games or hell, whole genres.

Anyway, I've got to admit I was expecting WD to be a steaming pile of crap after being delayed so many times, but I'm actually pretty drat interested.

Especially if stuff like being able to out-think or shortcut certain missions is common. If you can shoot a dude and steal his poo poo instead of tailing him for twenty minutes, I hope you can gently caress with the usual tedious rubber-band AI pursuits by blowing up or sabotaging their vehicle before they get in it.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

limited posted:

Anyway, I've got to admit I was expecting WD to be a steaming pile of crap after being delayed so many times, but I'm actually pretty drat interested.

So... once?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
They delayed it once specifically so they could polish it and squash bugs so it's gotta be a steaming pile of crap, you see.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Considering the last Ubisoft game that got delayed was Rayman Legends, and that turned out awesome, I have hope for this one.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I wonder how much time was spent crafting the digital trips, we didn't hear a peep about them six months ago.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

hopterque posted:

They delayed it once specifically so they could polish it and squash bugs so it's gotta be a steaming pile of crap, you see.

Actually, no, they stated that the delay wasn't to polish bugs, but to specifically add more features. So all those drinking minigames and poker and crazy digital trips were what they added, not bugfixes. They flat out added content to the game that wasn't there before because they felt the game didn't work well enough as a sandbox to get released.

Speedball posted:

I wonder how much time was spent crafting the digital trips, we didn't hear a peep about them six months ago.

That was because six months ago, they didn't exist. Best delay ever, I'd say.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

limited posted:

Especially if stuff like being able to out-think or shortcut certain missions is common. If you can shoot a dude and steal his poo poo instead of tailing him for twenty minutes, I hope you can gently caress with the usual tedious rubber-band AI pursuits by blowing up or sabotaging their vehicle before they get in it.
Or like, use those hacker powers you have like popping up barriers or jamming lights on green so they crash?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the stream, instead of tailing a guy for a while to slowly sap his data they just disabled his car, killed the guy, and took his cellphone.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yup. I'm totally going to Solid Snake my way through Watch Dogs. If there's no reward I don't care, pulling it off is its own reward.

Back Hack posted:

Once the game is out some decent people will post lets plays of it, but for early access somehow the only people with the game are always just the worst ever.

And in that gamespot video, not only was he pretty horrible at it (after apparently playing a good bit before) but the guy sitting next to him on the couch would just like repeat and parrot back everything he said, because he didn't have anything else to do. Or half the time they'd interrupt each other. Gamespot get your poo poo together, that was intolerable.

Wow, they really are gunning to make this the next GTA, what with all these minigames and side poo poo. I guess that's what they pushed the game back for.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The funny thing is the only thing they need to do to make it better than GTA5's minigames is to just give the player a reward instead of a kick in the guts like nearly every thing activity in GTA5 :colbert:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Geno posted:

This looks... bad? I known conan has a penchant for ruining video games but the game looks bland and uninspired on its own. Really hoping I'm wrong though

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Croccers posted:

The funny thing is the only thing they need to do to make it better than GTA5's minigames is to just give the player a reward instead of a kick in the guts like nearly every thing activity in GTA5 :colbert:

There wasn't really any activities that were any fun anyways and all the fun ones were one time only sorta deals.

ethanol posted:

This looks... bad? I known conan has a penchant for ruining video games but the game looks bland and uninspired on its own. Really hoping I'm wrong though

I don't think you like open world games then.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can someone please tell me if this (REQUEST HELP) is still in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Ztp3L67eQ at 5:17

I was gonna get the game anyway but that was a huge part of my interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

So I guess they managed to make preload work in uplay now, downloading now!

• Locked thread