Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Sandweed posted:

So I guess they managed to make preload work in uplay now, downloading now!

Got the game with the NVIDIA deal and they still haven't even sent me a serial number yet. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Any word on if/when we'll be able to preload on PS4?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

1stGear posted:

Got the game with the NVIDIA deal and they still haven't even sent me a serial number yet. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I noticed that too, yay for cheaper games.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Some people are saying you can even play it if you got a valid code.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm not 100% but I saw a news story the other day saying Destiny will be the first pre-loading game on PS4.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ymgve posted:

Some people are saying you can even play it if you got a valid code.

That would be smart of them since it appears to have been cracked already on the PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No preload for PS4.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

1stGear posted:

If you got it on uplay (like the transaction went through and everything) it'll just show up in your games list when the game comes out. They don't usually do preloads or anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hopterque posted:

If you got it on uplay (like the transaction went through and everything) it'll just show up in your games list when the game comes out. They don't usually do preloads or anything.

uPlay is doing pre-load for this.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Well, they aren't doing it for nerds who got it via Nvidia at least because the game isn't even gonna show up on our games list until tuesday.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Nice to see Ubi being so chill about the leaks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

This looks... bad? I known conan has a penchant for ruining video games but the game looks bland and uninspired on its own. Really hoping I'm wrong though

Well he IS playing on a PS4 instead of an XBone like a real Murcan.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ShootaBoy posted:

Is that even an official account?

edit: It is, but I wonder what they actually mean by that? Does that mean the early unlocking on Uplay was intentional? I wonder if I will get the game today if I buy directly through Uplay.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 23, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

Actually no, UBISoft is taking the streams down quickly. What they are saying here is they are asking people to not intentionally spoil stuff on forums.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Seems like there's working physical copies being sent out already. Wonder if Ubisoft is going to unlock the digital copies early because of it(lol no).

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Broken Cog posted:

Wonder if Ubisoft is going to unlock the digital copies early because of it(lol no).

They won't. Actually, has any publisher ever done this, release game earlier than planned because of :filez:?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Follow That Fish! posted:

They won't. Actually, has any publisher ever done this, release game earlier than planned because of :filez:?

A handful of times.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I remember some big game being unlocked a couple of days earlier because retailers messed up and sent out physical copies too early. Can't remember the name, though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Terraria from what I remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

I remember some big game being unlocked a couple of days earlier because retailers messed up and sent out physical copies too early. Can't remember the name, though.

Tomb Raider Definitive did it.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Aphrodite posted:

Tomb Raider Definitive did it.

I thought that might not have been mandated by the publisher? And wasn't it boxed copies only anyway, no earlier unlocks for digital versions?

I don't know the specifics, apologies if I'm wrong.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

Actually no, UBISoft is taking the streams down quickly. What they are saying here is they are asking people to not intentionally spoil stuff on forums.

The guy with dreadlocks gets killed and the girl gets kidnapped somehow.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

circ dick soleil posted:

(Posting spoilers to troll apparently still funny to some people in the year of our lord 2014)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

The guy with dreadlocks gets killed and the girl gets kidnapped somehow.

Don't read this, as far as I know it's legit.
It's actually the other way around.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Snape hacks Dumbledore.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

Don't read this, as far as I know it's legit.
It's actually the other way around.

It's a freakin Ubisoft game what do you expect

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wonder how long it took Mike Diva to get his thing together to make his promotional video. I know he can work fast but not necessarily THAT fast.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I'm just assuming the interesting characters are killed off and the boring/annoying survive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hel posted:

I'm just assuming the interesting characters are killed off and the boring/annoying survive.

So that means no one survives.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Hel posted:

No, in Ubisoft games the boring/annoying characters survive until the end of the trilogy, when they are killed off for no good reason.

Orv
May 4, 2011

If you think this game will offer anything remotely surprising or interesting in its plot, you are way off the mark.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I don't give a poo poo about spoilers but a lot of people maybe don't want to get spoiled on a game that isn't even out yet!

Also I really don't understand this whole "heh ubisoft story" thing when aside from AC3 assassins creed's story has been solid to pretty darn good and far cry 3 was pretty cool and had great characters right up until the last 1/5th of the game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hopterque posted:

far cry 3 was pretty cool and had great characters right up until the last 1/5th of the game.

:stare: Say what now.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Those aren't actually spoilers right? I jumped into this thread while bored at work, and was hoping to play this game blind.

I mean one of the first trailers made it pretty obvious Jordie will betray you and shoot you, and the old dude is the bad guy, but that's a different level to what people are saying.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Orv posted:

:stare: Say what now.

Sorry I guess that's not technically true, citra was dumb the whole way through and the big boss nerd was featured a bit earlier, and the german guy who was only in the last bit of the game was cool and rad.

So I guess aside from two characters it was good.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
If anyone want to check it out, there are a few streams going on right now.
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Watch_Dogs

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rookersh posted:

Those aren't actually spoilers right? I jumped into this thread while bored at work, and was hoping to play this game blind.

I mean one of the first trailers made it pretty obvious Jordie will betray you and shoot you, and the old dude is the bad guy, but that's a different level to what people are saying.

Circ's spoilers are not actually spoilers.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Official WD stream from Ubisoft: http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft

Warning: Awkward Devs.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
You can avoid this entire discussion about spoilers by just shutting the gently caress up about the game's story until after it's actually out, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

https://ie.webuy.com/blog/feature.php?article=tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-1918688228918285001.post-4656275341375170339 - Review? I am confused. Why is it 5/5. Why is it there.

• Locked thread