Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Flair and Sting at XXVII each had a world title and wrestled to make one undisputed title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

fatherdog posted:

I doubt Lawler is a pedophile, but given his predilection for dating women in their late teens/early 20s he certainly is a creep.

He did date women under 18 in the 1980s, so he at least was a pedophile at one point in time.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

ChampRamp posted:

He did date women under 18 in the 1980s, so he at least was a pedophile at one point in time.

"pedophile" specifically refers to loving children pre-puberty. loving women under 18 doesn't make you a pedophile, it makes you a super-loving-creepy dude.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

fatherdog posted:

"pedophile" specifically refers to loving children pre-puberty. loving women under 18 doesn't make you a pedophile, it makes you a super-loving-creepy dude.

Also, depending on various laws, a sex criminal.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Ah yes, the "What about the ephebophiles! :reddit:" defense

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Everblight posted:

Ah yes, the "What about the ephebophiles! :reddit:" defense

It's not really a "defense" since I'm still calling him a loving creep (and, as 1000monkeys pointed out, a sex criminal). I'm just a pedant who likes to be precise about what people are accusing folks of.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I thought he started seeing Kat when she was 15 or something. I'm not googling lawler's life to confirm though who has time for that.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Edit: don't care about pedo Lawler anymore

Fake edit: to get away from goons and pedophiles, what evidence is there that Vince actually still yells in the commentators earpiece? It's become a bit of an assumed trope at this point to excuse Cole et al.

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 23, 2014

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

Fake edit: to get away from goons and pedophiles, what evidence is there that Vince actually still yells in the commentators earpiece? It's become a bit of an assumed trope at this point to excuse Cole et al.

Mick Foley stopped commentating because he couldn't handle Vince yelling at him, and talks about that on his bio episode on the WWE Network.

It's commonly understood that most of the things you frequently hear on commentary are actually coming out of Vince's mouth.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Mick Foley stopped commentating because he couldn't handle Vince yelling at him, and talks about that on his bio episode on the WWE Network.

It's commonly understood that most of the things you frequently hear on commentary are actually coming out of Vince's mouth.

I know it's commonly understood, but Foley hasn't been around in a while. I'm talking about in the past couple of years, since commentary got universally lovely.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

joshtothemaxx posted:

I know it's commonly understood, but Foley hasn't been around in a while. I'm talking about in the past couple of years, since commentary got universally lovely.

If you want to, find the unedited Smackdown feed that leaked this week. You can hear Cole and JBL talking to both Vince and Kevin Dunn about what to say.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

Well there's no reason it would be any different, since the commentary system has been the same going back decades.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Has Kane's long hair always been a wig? I mean in real life and also in kayfabe.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Has Kane's long hair always been a wig? I mean in real life and also in kayfabe.

Yes. Kane/Glenn Jacobs's real hair is curly and blonde. When he was Isaac Yankem that was his real hair, though at one point he dyed it to be a lighter blonde.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yes. Kane/Glenn Jacobs's real hair is curly and blonde. When he was Isaac Yankem that was his real hair, though at one point he dyed it to be a lighter blonde.

What about as Diesel?

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
Here's something I've been wondering for almost a decade: how well is Booker T actually liked in general by others in the business? I thought he was REALLY disliked/hated at first because of the GI Joe stuff in WCW and his initial run in WWE, but since then I've really never heard anything bad about him.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Did her boyfriend look eerily like Nick?

No but he was 19 when they started seeing each other.

Supreme Allah posted:

I thought he started seeing Kat when she was 15 or something. I'm not googling lawler's life to confirm though who has time for that.

17, if I remember correctly.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

joshtothemaxx posted:

As has been said, literally as recently as this past Tuesday, both Vince and Kevin Dunn do the commentary mouthpiece thing. Apparently Vince called Cole "JR" at one point.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Rusty Shackelford posted:

What about as Diesel?

I think that was his real hair, dyed black.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Regrettable posted:

No but he was 19 when they started seeing each other.

She was 18 years and 10 months. So legal by all standards.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gr8

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

How do the Raws with the announcers blabbing during commercials come out? Do they pick up the live satellite feed?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

joshtothemaxx posted:

what evidence is there that Vince actually still yells in the commentators earpiece? It's become a bit of an assumed trope at this point to excuse Cole et al.

That dead, souless spot in Michael Cole's eyes is all the confirmation someone should need.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

joshtothemaxx posted:

The last satellite leak made it pretty clear.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Regrettable posted:

lol i'll pretend u said 18

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lotus Brony posted:

Here's something I've been wondering for almost a decade: how well is Booker T actually liked in general by others in the business? I thought he was REALLY disliked/hated at first because of the GI Joe stuff in WCW and his initial run in WWE, but since then I've really never heard anything bad about him.

He got huge respect for kicking Batista's rear end at that RR photoshoot where Dave was supposedly being a jerk.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"I'm an OG! *punch*"

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
How often to wrestlers shower? I'd assume they do right after a match but do they shower before a match too? Several times a show?

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He got huge respect for kicking Batista's rear end at that RR photoshoot where Dave was supposedly being a jerk.

Seriously? Hadn't heard of this until now. Guess my respect for Booker just shot up. Thanks!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

crackage posted:

How often to wrestlers shower? I'd assume they do right after a match but do they shower before a match too? Several times a show?

I would assume like a normal human being. If you feel gross or you stink before a match shower before and after. Unless you're Balls Mahoney who apparently smelled like an anchovie's oval office at all times because he never bathed.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lotus Brony posted:

Seriously? Hadn't heard of this until now. Guess my respect for Booker just shot up. Thanks!

It's unclear over what precisely this fight was about (last I heard), but Batista went to Smackdown and very publicly said in interviews that a lot of Smackdown guys were lazy and were on Smackdown because it was considered an easier gig than Raw. So I guess Booker T took it upon himself to express that being Triple H's pet project didn't give you a free hand to be a dick.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

MassRafTer posted:

The last satellite leak made it pretty clear.

There's also a guy on Reddit (metsfan4ever) who works in WWE (which is confirmed) who said a few weeks back that Vince is literally in gorilla position at all TV/PPVs watching the live feed and on a headset with link to commentary. Funny story, the guy said that the last time Vince got really pissed at something was the Punk/Rock match at the 2013 Rumble over how it was progressing. He stormed away at one point which alarmed the backstage staff because he had to go out and restart the match after Shield's interference. The anger you see on Vince's face is real.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Was he mad that they were having a better match than either of the Cena/Rock matches or something?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Punk/Rock match was really great though, what was his problem with it?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The Punk/Rock match was really great though, what was his problem with it?

Wasn't there a table botch?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

EDIT: nevermind, misread, thought this was about the Punk/Cena match on Raw with the piledriver.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thauros posted:

EDIT: nevermind, misread, thought this was about the Punk/Cena match on Raw with the piledriver.

I read reports saying Vince stormed out of the arena and was ready to fire Arn (the agent) on the spot until Cena cooled him down after that match.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Has there ever been a really good heel vs heel match? Not one where one is the face for just that match, but both of them going full on heel the whole time? Eye gouges, cheap shots, weapons etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Joeslop posted:

Has there ever been a really good heel vs heel match? Not one where one is the face for just that match, but both of them going full on heel the whole time? Eye gouges, cheap shots, weapons etc.

I remember Edge and Orton having a surprisingly good heel vs heel match the week after Shawn Michaels and Cena went an hour on Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Joeslop posted:

Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher supposedly had a lot of great matches. For something recent, I'd toss out Regal vs. Finlay at The Great American Bash '06.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 24, 2014