Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
The Cryx from Warmachine are undead necromancers who build undead robots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I've got nothing for you, I'm afraid, but...

I have two requests. Masked figures, preferably covered so you can't tell their identity whatsoever and one specific image, the one with the schoolgirls around the table playing DnD in some japanese club thing.

Thaaanks.

edit:

Lord Frisk posted:

Maybe this one from the 4e thread.

That was the one, thanks again.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 23, 2014

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

I've got nothing for you, I'm afraid, but...

I have two requests. Masked figures, preferably covered so you can't tell their identity whatsoever and one specific image, the one with the schoolgirls around the table playing DnD in some japanese club thing.

Thaaanks.

"Quick Start!!"?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Maybe this one from the 4e thread.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Gamerofthegame posted:

Masked figures, preferably covered so you can't tell their identity whatsoever

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gamerofthegame posted:

I have two requests. Masked figures, preferably covered so you can't tell their identity whatsoever

Now I have a request; Staff melee fighters. Preferably someone young-ish, like in their 20s.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Now I have a request; Staff melee fighters. Preferably someone young-ish, like in their 20s.

Kilik from the Soul Calibur games.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Countblanc posted:

Most staff dudes I could find were wizards or Asian for some reason

The aforementioned kilik and his incarnation from SC5, Xiba (basically sun wukong):

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Inverse Icarus posted:

The Cryx from Warmachine are undead necromancers who build undead robots!

Was looking for something more like a mad scientist's device. Google is failing me hard.

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010

LongDarkNight posted:

Was looking for something more like a mad scientist's device. Google is failing me hard.

Oh...perhaps some Nazi superscience might interest you?

and the most terrifying robodog award goes to...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Goku option:

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Using Goku as a character portrait would guarantee that it would be either the best or the worst character ever. Possibly both. I insist that you do it.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I had a guy in our high school DND group who bragged about what a good artist he was, and his character portrait was literally a traced drawing of Cloud, and he insisted he didn't know who Cloud was.

Almostpanda
Apr 25, 2014
Flying islands! Because gravity is lame and can get right out.

and, because this post would not be complete without it,

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Anyone have an broke-rear end starting level D&D parties? I mean like the old editions where the fighter maybe had a mace and some studded leather and everyone else had slings except for the wizard because they ran out of money for slings.

The kind of party that struggles valiantly against a rat-infested basement, but has promise.

edit: individual characters are also cool, but whole parties could be really neat.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

quote:

tips for modern kobold life:

1. loincloths are stylish and sexy but dangerous to wear out in public due to strong winds and enthusiastic dogs. consider instead: a burlap sack with holes in it makes a great shirt and/or pants.

2. precious and semi precious gems are delicious and great to have around but they are not strictly 100% physically edible. learn to absorb their energy in a purely spiritual way, and consume foods that somewhat resemble gems instead. jello cubes, boiled sweets and salt are great for this. you can get free salt from most fast food restaurants and diners.

3. finding a powerful creature to act as your suzerain lord has never been easier thanks to the internet. people who live their lives as dragons, demons and financial consultants are all easy to find with an internet search on your web browser.

4. most areas dont i assume have laws against carrying spears or slings. if a cop stops you anyway, trying swearing fealty to them as your suzerain lord.

5. be careful about setting traps if you have a room mate. your room mate likely does not have your keen trap sense and may set them off inadvertently causing social issues that you are ill equipped to resolve with your charisma malus. if bad feelings persist, try to resolve the conflict by swearing fealty to your room mate as your suzerain lord.

via http://koboldandthebeautiful.tumblr.com/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Almostpanda posted:

Flying islands! Because gravity is lame and can get right out.

High-school me loooved this picture of a flying citadel from Dragonlance.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

homerlaw posted:

tips for modern kobold life

Requesting pictures of incompetent kobolds swearing fealty to their suzerain lords. Too many pictures out there of kobolds either as capable-looking mages, thieves, and warriors, or as creepy "cutebold" dwarf fortress fan-art. I want pathetic kobold minions!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Anyone have an broke-rear end starting level D&D parties? I mean like the old editions where the fighter maybe had a mace and some studded leather and everyone else had slings except for the wizard because they ran out of money for slings.

The kind of party that struggles valiantly against a rat-infested basement, but has promise.

edit: individual characters are also cool, but whole parties could be really neat.

I drew these a while back:

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

MrGreenShirt posted:

Requesting pictures of incompetent kobolds swearing fealty to their suzerain lords. Too many pictures out there of kobolds either as capable-looking mages, thieves, and warriors, or as creepy "cutebold" dwarf fortress fan-art. I want pathetic kobold minions!

http://darkplacescomic.com/the-kobold-and-the-dragon

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.

a kitten posted:

High-school me loooved this picture of a flying citadel from Dragonlance.

Yes! This was my jam back when I was a kid.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

MrGreenShirt posted:

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Exactly what I was looking for. So powerless! So supplicative!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm looking hard for an artist's tumblr but cannot find the specific one with the information I got, it was posted here though...

The dude draws himself a lot as basically a beard with legs and arms, He had this one character who was a redhead with buckteeth who was also a telepath with psyconauts style psychic hands

I want that character's pics, or better yet the whole tumblr.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Hey art thread, I'm putting together a homebrew campaign for some friends and I and I need pictures of floating islands of all shapes and sizes! Its a pretty standard D&D 4e otherwise, anything helps!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

I'm looking hard for an artist's tumblr but cannot find the specific one with the information I got, it was posted here though...

The dude draws himself a lot as basically a beard with legs and arms, He had this one character who was a redhead with buckteeth who was also a telepath with psyconauts style psychic hands

I want that character's pics, or better yet the whole tumblr.

I might be wrong but I believe you are looking for http://derekhetrickart.tumblr.com

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Almostpanda posted:

I'm looking for a burly looking nature spirit type thing, vines and clubs a plus!
(also other nature spirits because they tend toward awesome)
Something a little like this fellow

(perhaps slightly shorter)

Here's some cool wardens of the deep woods:

This guy is my favorite. It's "The Moth King." Just think about camping out in the middle of nowhere and you leave the tent to pee in the middle of the night. The faint sound of hundreds of beating moth wings catches your attention. When you turn around your flashlight's beam goes across that. Good horror stuff.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Just found this gallery by Botjira

it's got some cool stuff like

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Why is everyone bent at a 90 degree angle?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Kurieg posted:

Why is everyone bent at a 90 degree angle?

It just looks right :sax:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Saw this on http://rekall.tumblr.com/ (which is awesome in general) and thought it would be a perfect character portrait for anything recent to future.

A reverse image search later and I hit a pretty nice cache in the form of the character art from Front Mission 3.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

If your wizard doesn't have a bad taxidermy hybrid as a familiar, you should consider it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

djwetmouse posted:

I might be wrong but I believe you are looking for http://derekhetrickart.tumblr.com

Hey that's the one.

Thanks dude.

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.

The usual suspects down at Wizard Alley

Also dat fish guy :3:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ObMeiste posted:

The usual suspects down at Wizard Alley

Also dat fish guy :3:

Looks quite 'Spirited Away' (which is cool)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
That's a great series of D&D adventures right there :3:

Sep 13, 2007

PublicOpinion posted:

I drew these a while back:

What is your process for drawing these? Are they digital or did you use photo-blue pencil and then ink over it? What references did you use to get that style?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Oraculum Animi posted:

What is your process for drawing these? Are they digital or did you use photo-blue pencil and then ink over it? What references did you use to get that style?

Those are all digital. Did those in Manga Studio 4 with a Monoprice tablet. Didn't use any reference, though I had just been looking at the Basic Rules Cyclopedia at the time. I still actually have the layer preserved versions, so here's the sketch layer:

..Not sure why that grid got turned on. That's not part of the process and I didn't notice until I was adjusting the contrast to make the sketches easier to see (they were lighter blue before).

Sep 13, 2007

PublicOpinion posted:

Those are all digital. Did those in Manga Studio 4 with a Monoprice tablet. Didn't use any reference, though I had just been looking at the Basic Rules Cyclopedia at the time. I still actually have the layer preserved versions, so here's the sketch layer:

..Not sure why that grid got turned on. That's not part of the process and I didn't notice until I was adjusting the contrast to make the sketches easier to see (they were lighter blue before).

Thank you. I like your style and the clean quality of the drawings and the character each of them have. I always try to be less realistic when I do RPG characters but I never have been able to make them look like how I want them.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I really like them, keep up the good work :frogon: