Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

That site has a reputation for reviews extracted fully from posteriors (also: every clip/screenshot of theirs is taken from previews on other sites.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So I finally got around to watching that 15 minute gameplay trailer...

This looks like Person of Interest The Game.

Of course it also looks like another sandbox game with a single gimmick and a bunch of repetitive gameplay with a half-assed plot. The last Saints Row was pretty fun but I didn't play that all the way through, so I don't know if I could stick with this if it is just as repetitive.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.twitch.tv/redcoatrussell He's playing PC Ultra Settings

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

PaybackJack posted:

So I finally got around to watching that 15 minute gameplay trailer...

This looks like Person of Interest The Game.

Of course it also looks like another sandbox game with a single gimmick and a bunch of repetitive gameplay with a half-assed plot. The last Saints Row was pretty fun but I didn't play that all the way through, so I don't know if I could stick with this if it is just as repetitive.

I imagine you haven't looked into the digital trips yet.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Roman posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/redcoatrussell He's playing PC Ultra Settings

Why are people who stream always so obnoxious. It doesn't look too boring, though.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I'm liking how when your phone scans people and displays their info all the old-looking people are in their 20's and all the young looking people are in their 30-late 40's.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Macksy posted:

I'm liking how when your phone scans people and displays their info all the old-looking people are in their 20's and all the young looking people are in their 30-late 40's.

I guess his bizarre world has old people being all hip with technology?

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
I'm watching a stream right now and I can't really put my finger on the reason, but it feels a little lifeless. Where GTA V's world feels like it's tangible and real, this feels a little dull.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I thought it was going to unlock tonight. I am sad.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
*dances awkwardly between two minivans*

Numbnuts
May 20, 2012
So I started up Uplay to see if I could preload despite having the Steam copy, and while I couldnt, I was kind of surprised when I saw the pre-order ad.

I mean I know they hadnt outright said the WiiU version was cancelled but still despite the lack of news I thought everyone was assuming,
Guess thats good news for that port in any case.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Crappy Jack posted:

I imagine you haven't looked into the digital trips yet.

They just looked like your standard mini-game stuff that every one of these games has a few different modes of. I don't have high expectations because the last triple A title, Thief burned me pretty hard but here's to hoping this is good!

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Anybody know if there will be steam pre-load for watch dogs?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

that stream has been playing a spider tank digital trip minigame and this poo poo looks hilarious

http://www.twitch.tv/redcoatrussell

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Gamesguy posted:

Anybody know if there will be steam pre-load for watch dogs?

Nope, there won't.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Direct feed of PC gameplay at high settings:

https://mega.co.nz/?_escaped_fragme...nCPsl1q-u1XfYps

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Watching around at stuff and the game does look to be 'Typical Ubisoft Sandbox game BUT WITH NEW GIMMICK'?

I was thinking of cancelling my pre-order, but AssCreed4 was a pretty fun game, so maybe I should give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt and this'll be a pretty fun LSD-Hacking and 'Social Engineering' simulator.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 23, 2014

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I don't see the problem with standard sandbox game if that standard game is fun. This game looks fun if not really original I don't see the problem here.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
This game runs like arse even on lower settings. I've got a ridiculous rig and it's struggling. Some serious optimisation issues

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LegoMan posted:

I don't see the problem with standard sandbox game if that standard game is fun.

It's also a really hollow complaint because no poo poo the Assassin's Creed games play similarly to each other.

It's not like they have a bunch of game IPs that are all like that. There's just one series with a lot of games.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It's also a really hollow complaint because no poo poo the Assassin's Creed games play similarly to each other.

But with 'New gimmick' every time! Although gimmick may or may not actually be fun. Pirate gimmick was really fun, though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Got my hands on my review copy, for review purposes, finally.

There's more interesting uses of the gimmicks than I initially estimated. One collectible requires you to check out lots of different security camera angles looking for a hard-to-find QR code. Some guards have grenades on their person you can hack to explode.

And the art of being the perfect vigilante is pretty tricky. Gotta let the actual crime take place, but swoop in and save the person being attacked. With a melee takedown, for maximum points and reputation.

I've only tried one digital trip but it completely changed Chicago. It was the "Alone" one. Very stealth-based. You lose most of your tricks but gain access to EMP weapons to kill robots wandering the street--their vision cones are actually radiation emitters and they kill you by staring at you if they get too close. Hidden weapons here and there on the map. It's BIG.

EDIT: IT also looks like there's no bonus for ghosting a mission, but you do get a pretty big XP bonus for melee takedowns, and those are easier in an environment where nobody's been alerted yet.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 24, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I cant take this game seriously due to the plot etc :(

I'm going to miss out on an awesome game due to being a dumb oval office.

RazzMatazz
Oct 25, 2005
Why? You don't need to take the game seriously in order to have fun.
gently caress the plot, I just want to run people over in a car on my PS4.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Hahahaha you take games seriously.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Jesus goons are big loving crybabies. The percentage of all games made ever that are "inspiring" or have a plot that isn't made for tv shlock hovers in the single digits.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Eh, a decent plot can make or break a lot of games.
Fortunately, that's usually not a problem for most open world games.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

LegoMan posted:

Jesus goons are great.

hacked ya

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Hezzy posted:

This game runs like arse even on lower settings. I've got a ridiculous rig and it's struggling. Some serious optimisation issues

What are your spec? Like AC4 arse or worse?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
yeah but you probably only pressed square really fast to do that totally uninspiring 3/10 worst game ever

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Sedisp posted:

What are your spec? Like AC4 arse or worse?

Way worse than AC4.

Edit: It hitches pretty hard when it loads new bits of the city while you're driving around. Does this regardless of graphics settings.

I have a pretty good system.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dandywalken posted:

Did you take Saints Row 4 seriously?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Gunder posted:

Way worse than AC4.

Edit: It hitches pretty hard when it loads new bits of the city while you're driving around. Does this regardless of graphics settings.

I have a pretty good system.

Do you have an Nvidia card? Try these drivers

w00tuberjedi
Jul 3, 2007

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

The most uber of the Jedi
I have a 560TI, i5 2500k, 8gigs ram. Settings are at medium and I have literally no performance issues. I didn't have an issues with AC4 either.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Follow That Fish! posted:

They won't. Actually, has any publisher ever done this, release game earlier than planned because of :filez:?

Like 1/3 of the new Deux Ex leaked early a few years ago, but the dev rolled with it and treated the leak like an unplanned demo.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

VarXX posted:

Do you have an Nvidia card? Try these drivers

Will try it just now and see if it helps.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

How are so many of you playing early?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Speedball posted:

Got my hands on my review copy, for review purposes, finally.

If yours is the PC, can you put in your own music as soundtrack?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is this gonna be like Assassin's Creed or GTA where there are a million weapons but functionally there is no reason to use them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DareToSlack
Aug 24, 2006
I'm not gay, but $20 is $20.

Sedisp posted:

How are so many of you playing early?

Game shipped early a bunch of places (And apparently will activate just fine if you use uPlay in offline mode?) and has leaked onto :filez: sites.

• Locked thread