Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
:jerky:

Asiina posted:

I rode the greyhound once and the air conditioner was right over my head and it was leaking. It's okay though because they duct taped a plastic bag to the underside to catch all the A/C water.

Nothing more relaxing than a bag full of chemical water over your head for 4 hours.

No need to pay for a bottle of Dasani!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Fast Luck posted:

Are you sure it wasn't an 84-hour pass?

Either way, they don't give drug traffickers passes out of federal lock-up to ride unaccompanied cross country from California to New York.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Fast Luck posted:

Are you sure it wasn't an 84-hour pass?
Count the number of hours in the pass

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Count the number of hours in the pass

Zero; it's not a pass, it's another felony!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Skinty McEdger posted:

:siren:HEY GUYS JOHN CENA GAVE ME SPECIAL EXEMPTION TO REPOST THIS CHATLOG :siren:
Wait aren't you allowed to copy and paste all you want, you just can't screencap?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Byers2142 posted:

Zero; it's not a pass, it's another felony!

Oh god you guys.

I love you all and I don't wanna vote anybody out it's immoral :ohdear:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Wait aren't you allowed to copy and paste all you want, you just can't screencap?

Nope.

quote:

Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!

You can paraphrase anything anyone says to you, but you can't directly copy/paste or forward PMs or anything like that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Asiina posted:

Nope.

You can paraphrase anything anyone says to you, but you can't directly copy/paste or forward PMs or anything like that.
Oh I've received (not sent) forwarded PMs and didn't even know it wasn't OK.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Oh I've received (not sent) forwarded PMs and didn't even know it wasn't OK.

:mad:

Alright guys, take the time and read through the rules in the OP. I know there's a lot of them, but they are important to make sure the game is fair.

This is going to be your only warning.

Don't make me send rabid John Cena after you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Man nobody told me there was a challenge today

I have to guess now when a challenge is on, it's like a pre-challenge

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Asiina posted:

Alright guys, take the time and read through the rules in the OP. I know there's a lot of them, but they are important to make sure the game is fair.

Is this a paraphrase or is this a direct quote?

Just want to make sure. I don't have enough evidence that it's a direct quote yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

This is going to be your only warning.

Don't make me send rabid John Cena after you.

it's ok I live in an apartment building which means he'd have to count to find me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

John Cena posted:

As this game moves on, so we lose another player. This game isn't slowing down anytime soon. I'll see everyone here for the Immunity Challenge tomorrow at 7:30PM. It's fairly mobile friendly.
I must have missed this post

Can you bold and :siren: this poo poo next time, I don't always have doc access pleeeeeeassse

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

:munch: best trolling ever in a game of awful survivor :munch:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

winvirus posted:

:munch: best trolling ever in a game of awful survivor :munch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Asiina posted:

I rode the greyhound once and the air conditioner was right over my head and it was leaking. It's okay though because they duct taped a plastic bag to the underside to catch all the A/C water.

Nothing more relaxing than a bag full of chemical water over your head for 4 hours.

Nick Diaz told me not to trust toxic airline water, now I have to worry about bus water too? :ohdear:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When do hidden immunity idols come into the game?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

When the sun rises in the west, when your womb quickens.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Propaganda Machine posted:

When the sun rises in the west, when your womb quickens.

We're gonna be here a looooooong time huh...

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm Davos!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

I'm Davos!

You're a municipality in Switzerland?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CapnAndy posted:

I'm Davos!

I'm Ralph!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

bowmore posted:

When HHH has some weird ideas about loving

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwRaNPMeYms

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Tribal Council 5

Durf Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. For some of you, this will be your first time. Grab a torch, and dip it into the fire. Fire in this game represents your life. When your torch goes out, so does your place in this game. Here, you have to answer for the actions you've taken in this game. Tonight is where one of you will be voted out. This is the last place you want to find yourself in this game. Being at Tribal Council puts you at risk of going home, and a spot further away from the $75 grand prize.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on. Similarly, I ask that players who are not part of the tribe attending Tribal Council to refrain from posting while it's going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting at 6:30 or when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (Midnight Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For Byers, Propaganda Machine, and Winson

You are the only three left in the game who have never been to Tribal Council before. What do you think you've learned watching everyone else end up here before you?

For Fast Luck and Bowmore

Your former tribemate Chili was voted out at the last Tribal Council. Were you surprised by what happened and how do you think this will affect you going forward and once you merge?

For Your Personal Muse

Your answer in last night's immunity challenge helped bring Durf to Tribal Council tonight. Do you feel any regret for submitting an answer that was so far off of the correct response?

For Disco Spider

Since Durf won immunity last round you've all had a little more time with your new tribe. How well do you feel you've gotten to know your new tribemates?

For Everyone

There were obviously some fireworks at Hurf's first post-shuffle Tribal Council, and now you're in the same position that Hurf was in. Everyone's going to find out where their alligiances really lie; do you think you're in a comfortable position or are you nervous?

Everyone is with at least one tribemate from their original tribe. Do you feel that moving into this new tribe has created/solidified any relationship you two/three may have had before or shaken it?

Asiina fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 23, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

You are the only three left in the game who have never been to Tribal Council before. What do you think you've learned watching everyone else end up here before you?

Win contests. It's the only way to be sure. All the politics and PM sending and google docs and whatever are meh if you can keep winnin, keep stickin it.

quote:

There were obviously some fireworks at Hurf's first post-shuffle Tribal Council, and now you're in the same position that Hurf was in. Everyone's going to find out where their alligiances really lie; do you think you're in a comfortable position or are you nervous?

Hell if I know, that's why this poo poo is interesting. If I wanted a thread I might not get kicked out of, I'd play PBP or some poo poo.

quote:

Everyone is with at least one tribemate from their original tribe. Do you feel that moving into this new tribe has created/solidified any relationship you two/three may have had before or shaken it?

I like to think it has improved relationships all around, I got to talk at some people I wouldn't have otherwise and got to talk some poo poo to some people I couldn't before. Let the good times roll, says I.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Your former tribemate Chili was voted out at the last Tribal Council. Were you surprised by what happened and how do you think this will affect you going forward and once you merge?
I have no idea what happened over there. I was surprised because I expected the original Hurfers to ally with Windshipper and the De tribe. It seems like there was a belief that Chili was playing both sides or something, judging by the snake comments. I have no idea how it will impact us come merge time because I don't know what's really going on over there, but I'm thinking about myself in terms of my current tribe, not my former one.

Tribal council is never not nerve-wracking, but I would be surprised if I were voted out tonight.

Solidified it, in my case. Bowmore and I were on good terms before but I was in a difficult situation. Now Bowmore and I are working together very closely.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

It's hard to say. We've seen how all the votes have panned out, but we really have no idea what has led to the oustings so far, other than Sandwolf being in hospital I guess.

What I've learned is that winning is awesome and I'd like to keep doing more of it, because this tribal council thing is just no fun at all.

quote:

If you're not nervous at this point, you're probably doing something horribly wrong. I think I'm safe for now, if not entirely comfortable, but I could be very, very wrong about that.

quote:

I think it's only natural to everybody to use their former tribemates as stepping stones for budding relationships within the new Durf. I guess I'd say it's more a comfort than that it would have solidified any pre-existing relationships. Regardless of whether the old tribemate is good or bad, it's the devil you know.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

For Byers, Propaganda Machine, and Winson

How little you know until you get here. Tribal's where your relationships with your tribemates are tested, and we've never been here until now. I've done more out-of-doc talking since the reshuffle than ever happened in the original Durf tribe. Our strategy talk pre-reshuffle basically amounted to "Hey, let's just not lose!" and "Man, YPM's a dick!" But no matter how much or little you talk, tribal's where rubber hits the road and there's always going to be doubts until you get here for the first time.

quote:

For Everyone

Oh, I'm definitely nervous, but I don't see what I could have done to put myself into a better position coming into tonight.

Tonight's tribal is about whether or not you remain loyal to your former tribemates now on the other tribe, or you recognize that we should be building this tribe up to win challenges and enter the post-merge game as the majority. You can't bank on being able to reconnect with anyone you may have had deals with in the old tribes because you can't control what happens in the other tribe, but we can come together here, vote out people that underperform in challenges and cause discord in the tribe, and have a strong Durf tribe to enter the post-merge environment.

quote:

It's created strategic relationships, at least for the old Durfs. PMach, Winson, and I were solid when it came to playing challenges, but it was only after the reshuffle that we talked strategy. And there's been a need to work with both PMach and Winson, at least from my position, because I know that YPM in particular is committed to a De alliance. With an old Hurf in Chili taken out, YPM wants one of us old Durfs gone tonight. And he's been obvious about it, because he's the only person on this tribe to not at the very least share a PM with one of us, even something as simple as "Hey, what're your thoughts on the new tribe?" or "Hey, looking forward to playing with you!"

YPM wants to stick with old tribal lines and have a strong Alliance reform post-merge with his buds over there, and all that does is weaken everyone but De. So yeah, PMach, Winson and I have definitely had a strategic relationship grow since the shuffle, as a result of the outside influences present in the tribe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Players, it is now time to vote. Using the template above, write down on the parchment and PM to me (Asiina) who on your tribe you wish to vote out. Do not post who you are voting. Unless you are answering questions, you cannot post in this thread until after the votes are revealed. You have until 12:00AM tonight to cast your votes.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Since Durf won immunity last round you've all had a little more time with your new tribe. How well do you feel you've gotten to know your new tribemates?

The extra time has been nice, but alas it was all spent making fun of Hurf instead of getting to know each other. Even so these people seem pretty cool!

quote:

Surprise surprise I feel ok but could be seriously mistaken. I never have felt completely safe at one of these and I doubt I ever will.

quote:

It's always nice to meet new people, it's one of the reasons I wanted to join! But it's also nice to have someone that you know and have a bit of shared experience with. It's like if you're going to a party where you only know one person. You definitely want to talk to some new people, but the person you know is always there to break the ice / offend people!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asiina posted:

For Your Personal Muse

Your answer in last night's immunity challenge helped bring Durf to Tribal Council tonight. Do you feel any regret for submitting an answer that was so far off of the correct response?

I'm more embarrassed by my first answer than my second, honestly. We were so far screwed I really don't feel that my second answer did anything to further that, but my first answer got the ball rolling.

For Everyone

I don't see how anyone would want to vote me out. I've done nothing but suck up to people, just like the manual that I bought said to.

I don't think its done anything. The vote will say the lay of the land.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Tribal Council 5

For Fast Luck and Bowmore

I was totally surprised when chilli was voted out but at the same time not surprised at all. Chilli wasn't super active in the Hurf doc but at the same time he has a certain type of stature that makes him a threat. I think I will be fine post merge.

quote:

For Everyone

I think I am OK. There are a bunch of nice people in Durf tribe.

quote:

Definitely, Fast Luck and I are good buds now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

That's one vote for Your Personal Muse.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote Byers, one vote Your Personal Muse

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Your Personal Muse, one vote Byers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Your Personal Muse, two votes Byers.

We're tied again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's three votes Your Personal Muse, two votes Byers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sixth person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB....

That's four votes, that's enough. Your Personal Muse, bring me your torch.

The tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Welp

Suck it

• Locked thread