Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

moths posted:

What does "Amish" refer to?

Edit: Well that's bizarre. I assume it's to obfuscate racism?

Free Republic (if you don't know it's a haven for white supremacists) posters have a habit of reading articles where someone commits a crime and the reporter doesn't mention race then because it's HILARIOUS saying "Well I bet that guy was Amish huh?" inferring that the race of the suspect was not mentioned due to PC reason since he was obviously black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
On Freep it means "black," although AFAIK it's more of a terrible running joke than a code; I don't think it's fooling anyone or is meant to. The "joke" is that every time the news reported a violent crime and didn't specify the suspect's race, they would speculate sarcastically about what race it would turn out to be.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh Christ. I've heard terrible stuff about freep but always in a kind of vague, unfocused terms.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
There was a news story a year ago about an actual Amish crime spree (that involved, among other things, forced beard cutting).

It confused the hell out of Freepers.

moths posted:

Oh Christ. I've heard terrible stuff about freep but always in a kind of vague, unfocused terms.
Visit the Freeper thread and truly know despair.

We have such...things to show you.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It's also lost most of its ironic cast and become purely a substitution, resulting in the magical:

quote:

Many Amish are muslim.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FMguru posted:

Visit the Freeper thread and truly know despair.

We have such...things to show you.

Where we're posting, we don't need eyes to see. :unsmigghh:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is zombie a code word, similar to Amish in freep speak?

Yes. There have been NRA lectures at their hoe-downs where they teach you how to handle yourself when "zombies" come flowing out of the cities looking for your food and white women. I am almost entirely turned off of the zombie phenomenon now thanks to an episode of the Doomsday Bunkers reality show where some dad was training his kids on how to shoot first ask questions later when approached by "zombies" which he pretty explicitly explained as looters.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh good Lord. I've seen "zombies" in survivalist media and just assumed they were trying to be humorous or cash in on Walking Dead's popularity.

I think I'm going to need a stiff drink for the freeper thread.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

moths posted:

Oh good Lord. I've seen "zombies" in survivalist media and just assumed they were trying to be humorous or cash in on Walking Dead's popularity.

You have no idea. :getin:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

moths posted:

I got about ten pages in when I finally Blacked Out.

.....If nothing else its a good way to build up your tolerance and kill your liver

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

moths posted:

It's totally a zombie target man.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There's wiggle room since the whole zombie concept today is naturally tied into the survivalist/prep world, but it's pretty goddamn easy to differentiate when someones interested in prepping because of a love of zombies versus when someone is using the term as a dog whistle for "liberal strawmen I think about when I'm having violence fueled jack off time". I seem to remember media matters having a visit to a local gun show which included mentions of "zombies" flying U.N. Helicopters. I must have missed that episode of Walking Dead.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Slo-Tek posted:

Are there any updates on Beckistan? Been a couple years now, they should have broken ground on their munitions factory/zombie hardened defense post by now, right?

You'd think so but I hear that when the guy putting up the sign outside accidentally wrote "Beckibeckibeckistanstan" it really demoralized the whole movement.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
World Net Daily explains that the best way to destroy homosexuality and stop the indoctrination of children is to indoctrinate your children:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/bringing-about-the-collapse-of-gay-power/

quote:

It might appear that the best way to deploy the tool of logical reasoning would be to share this information with pro-family activists or with friends. But what would we expect them to do? Use it to argue with gay activists? Nobody enjoys arguing with gay activists or appreciates being given tools with the implied injunction to enter the fray.

Rather, the targeted audience for this material is someone who would use it to protect rather than confront. These would be parents, uncles, grandparents, or anyone involved with youth, particularly parents whose kids will be exposed to the increasingly powerful and seductive voices of homosexuality. These adults can use this material to show their children the absurdity of the “born gay” idea.

When Dad shares this information with his son Johnny who may not be at risk of believing he is gay, Johnny is going to share this with his friend Sam who is at risk, and together they will talk to Bill. Eventually, this is going to find its way to the school principal who is forced to confirm that disseminating this material does not constitute bullying. This will lead to the discussions at the Gay Students Club, whose members are powerless to refute these arguments. Eventually, support for the gay agenda is crippled with the collapse of the “born gay” fallacy.

What I'm wondering is if school principles and the like are "forced" to declare your info as legit and LGBT students are "powerless" to defend against your arguments, then why are you still losing? What amazing new info are you deploying that's going to collapse the gayconomy this time?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"Welp, those arguments are airtight. Guess we gotta start liking vaginas now."

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

quote:

It might appear that the best way to deploy the tool of logical reasoning would be to share this information with pro-family activists or with friends. But what would we expect them to do? Use it to argue with gay activists? Nobody enjoys arguing with gay activists or appreciates being given tools with the implied injunction to enter the fray.

Rather, the targeted audience for this material is someone who would use it to protect rather than confront. These would be parents, uncles, grandparents, or anyone involved with youth, particularly parents whose kids will be exposed to the increasingly powerful and seductive voices of homosexuality. These adults can use this material to show their children the absurdity of the “born gay” idea.

When Dad shares this information with his son Johnny who may not be at risk of believing he is gay, Johnny is going to share this with his friend Sam who is at risk, and together they will talk to Bill.
Nobody enjoys arguing with gay activists and looking like a bigot, so have your kids do it for you!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Homosexuality is powerful and seductive.
-A straight person

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

CheesyDog posted:

Homosexuality is powerful and seductive.
-A straight person

The joke goes "Maybe 1% of the population is actually homosexual. The rest of them just sort of get sucked into it"

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

moths posted:

I wouldn't even risk it, grandma killing panels are still a talking point that people believe I'm.

To be overly fair, grandma-killing panels are a pretty nonpartisan talking point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

moths posted:

What does "Amish" refer to?

Edit: Well that's bizarre. I assume it's to obfuscate racism?

Freepers believe the media is covering up for an otherwise obvious glut of black criminality. So to them it's a joke.

"Gosh I don't know who must have committed this crime, must have been an Amish person." That sort of thing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Pack it up, guys, the fix is in. They've figured out the endgame.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-democrats-repeal-first-amendment

quote:

“I'm telling you, I'm not making this up," he said as the audience offscreen gasped. "Sen. Chuck Schumer [D-N.Y.] has announced the Senate Democrats are scheduling a vote on a constitutional amendment to give Congress the plenary power, the unlimited authority to regulate political speech. Because elected officials have decided they don’t like it when the citizenry has the temerity to criticize what they’ve done."

I don't get how someone so young can be so enamored with Cruz. Sure, she gets paid to work for him, but holy hell.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Is there anything Ted Cruz related that doesn't entirely depend on his amazing psychic ability to know what Democrats are thinking? Or his uncanny way of knowing every secret Democrat plan ever?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is there anything Ted Cruz related that doesn't entirely depend on his amazing psychic ability to know what Democrats are thinking? Or his uncanny way of knowing every secret Democrat plan ever?
Chuck Schumer went up to him and said "Now, this is just between me and you and that floor lamp there, but next week I'll be introducing a constitutional amendment to utterly repeal free speech. Just keep it under your hat, willya?" and then he shook his hand and winked.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Jesus christ, Cruz already won the messaging game and the messages haven't even begun yet.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FMguru posted:

Chuck Schumer went up to him and said "Now, this is just between me and you and that floor lamp there, but next week I'll be introducing a constitutional amendment to utterly repeal free speech. Just keep it under your hat, willya?" and then he shook his hand and winked.

But this seems to be another example of Democrats shooting themselves in the foot. The proposed amendment, as I understand it, says that Congress can regulate political money. Why don't they simply propose an amendment that says, "money is not speech"? How hard is that? That simple phrase guts the right on any type of freedom of speech soap box.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I'm probably going to regret asking this, since it is going to make me probably hate life in general - but what was the Right Wing Media response to the fact that some states are re-introducing the chair and firing squad for capital punishment? I read about it being proposed in the Guardian, but I was wondering what the U.S. had to say about it.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Samovar posted:

I'm probably going to regret asking this, since it is going to make me probably hate life in general - but what was the Right Wing Media response to the fact that some states are re-introducing the chair and firing squad for capital punishment? I read about it being proposed in the Guardian, but I was wondering what the U.S. had to say about it.

Enjoy!

(To be fair, this is more about the state Rep than Hannity, but ... yeah this is a state Rep saying the inmate shouldn't have the choice and should be shot to death -- as a "fallback." But then again, Hannity's bit about a heroin "hot shot" is just :shepicide:)

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
So Wiki (care of this poster) has a bunch of info in the VA saying that staff and funds have been slashed. This article says otherwise.

Can anyone make heads or tails of it?

Asking in this thread since it is where it originally came up.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: Yes, I confirmed that I am right. I generally don't have to confirm that, but in this case I did. Racism is essentially a belief. It's words. It's thoughts. Racism is not -- now, it can be action that results from beliefs or thoughts, but you simply can't charge somebody of being a racist because of what they do. For example, Cuban seeing somebody on the street that threatens him who happens to be wearing a hoodie and may be black, so he leaves, that does not make him a racist because he took that action. You'd have to find out what he believes. You'd have to find out what he thinks, what his belief system is. But you can't simply say because he had a fear and ditto on the other side of the street with the skinhead tattooed Nazi-like figure. He had a fear. You're never gonna be able to prove what he believes unless he admits it to you.

See, the whole point of all this, the reason why the Democrats led by Obama see the world through race-colored glasses is the election coming up. It's their primary tool to turn out their base and their voters, because they don't have anything policy-wise that's going to do it. So they're gonna resort to what they always resort to, their fear and all of the injustices and the inequalities and the unfairness and the lack of justice and all of those things that they use to convince all their voters that life is hell. And it's just miserable, and the only way that you're gonna stand a chance of being less miserable than you are is if you let the Democrats fight these battles for you by punishing the people making you miserable. And that's essentially what they're advocating.

Now, when Obama made his race speech back in 2008, do you remember why he had to do that? There’s a preacher by the name of Jeremiah Wright. And Obama had refused and refused and refused. Finally the pressure became immense. The Drive-By Media, believing that he was the messiah, wanted him to make a statement on race and forever define the way it was going to be judged, seen, treated, dealt with, by our country and the world. And so he did. And it was in that speech that he referred to his white grandmother as a "typical white woman."

Now, since we're talking about the definition of racism, if you say in a speech about race, that your white grandmother is a typical white woman, is there a belief system undergirding that statement? Well, it's an important question because that's where you get to the real heart of racism, is a belief, a belief in superiority and inferiority and all the things that are attached to it. And he kind of stepped in it, so he had to explain what he was talking about. He loved his white grandmother, she’s great, but she’s a typical white woman. (interruption) Yeah, it gives away a lot.

He also said in that speech, historic race speech where we were lectured to on race, he said, "I can no more disown Reverend Wright than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can disown my white grandmother, a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in the world. But a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street and who, on more than one occasion, has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes and made me cringe." So he could not disown Reverend Wright, but he threw his grandmother under the bus. But if Senator Obama had no problem with it, why should we? Anyway, get used to more of this, and that's probably not any kind of a brilliant prediction, because it's one of the two or three primary things that the Democrats have left.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Open Line Friday, where I take the greatest career risks since Yoko Ono gave up painting for singing, or whatever she was doing.

Dave in Gurnee, Illinois. We always try to get calls in the first hour here on Open Line Friday and we're doing it today. Dave, thank you for calling. It's great to have you here.

CALLER: Hey, Rush, on this whole idea of racism, let's cut to the chase. The reason it's only being brought up is because there is an election to win, and liberals want to win that election. And all these individual cases or accusations of racism to individuals, those are to reinforce the fact that they can use racism as an intimidation to cower over and to judge people that would even say anything back to them about it. And then also the idea of white privilege? You know, that white privilege seminar up in Wisconsin, the whole idea of that is to rewrite and to change the sordid history of the Democrat Party, which is steeped in racism and segregation.

RUSH: No question about that.
No, I think you're right on both counts, race, racism, there are many facets to their using of this technique. A, it gins up their base, but, B, it also is very effective in doing something else.

CALLER: Silencing us.

RUSH: Well, it's very effective in getting Republicans to shut up and not be critical of anybody on the Democrat side because it’s all chalked up to racism. The Republicans have been reduced here in many ways to using Democrat language when they talk about things.

CALLER: They sit on their hands and do nothing.

RUSH: I wish that was the case, but they're actually moving forward with Democrat issues like --

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: -- amnesty and so forth. I mean, they're really cowed by all of this, so it's effective in a number of different ways.

CALLER: These accusations come up, it's because of the fact that we're meant to be silenced, and they have an election to win.

RUSH: Yeah, I think that's true, exactly right. Plus, let's not forget, they do see the world this way. For all this talk about a colorblind society, I think I am one of the few who actually live that. I mean, Geraldo Rivera, all the owners in the NBA are Jewish, who thinks like this? I don't.
But one thing I've noted to liberals, you are what you look like. Part and parcel, the first thing they see about somebody is their skin color. Then they want to know the sexual orientation. Then they want to know the gender. And once they have the answers to all of those curiosities, then they group those people into whatever victim group here or victim group there. And then they begin showering them with two things: Sympathy and low expectations.

You've heard of the phrase, the soft bigotry of low expectations? That's exactly what liberalism owns. They look at people based on their skin color, their gender, their sexual orientation. They see people who are incompetent, incapable of overcoming the odds because they're such victims. The rest of the country is so mean and so prejudiced and so racist and so bigoted, all they do is feel sorry for or think these people are incompetent, incapable, therefore liberals are needed to guide them through the rough patches and so forth. It really is a demeaning worldview. It's a demeaning way to look at people. And yet they, at the same time, are out demanding that we have a colorblind society. The last thing in the world they'll ever permit is a colorblind society.

If you remove from their arsenal the charge that their opponents are racist, you take away over half of their power. So they don't ever want to actually be something that's solved. And they don't think it ever can be. They think it's institutional and part of the founding of the country. Dave, I appreciate the call.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/05/23/why_democrats_want_us_to_see_the_world_through_race_colored_glasses
Something something libs real racists

And this is actually a caller that has a decent story to discuss, but over here on the left it looks more like the rich loving over the poor

quote:

RUSH: Here's Mike in Melbourne, Florida. Mike, you're next on Open Line Friday. Hello.

CALLER: Good afternoon, Rush. Thank you for taking my call.

RUSH: You bet, sir.

CALLER: We need to talk about a new government scheme involving flood insurance that's going to victimize more and more people across the country. As you know, the government is the sole provider of flood insurance policies. Well, it turns out that FEMA is in the process of redrawing all of their boundaries to determine who is in a flood-hazard zone and who isn't. Well, a few days ago I received a letter from my mortgage company saying that FEMA had informed them that my property is now in a flood-hazard zone and federal law required them to force me to purchase flood insurance. I've looked online, and there is, in fact, such a law. It's called the National Flood Insurance Reform Act of 1994.

RUSH: The "reform act" makes you a new customer.

CALLER: Yes. What it does is it requires anyone with a government-backed mortgage to secure flood insurance if at any time during the loan the property becomes located in a flood-hazard zone.
So you can immediately see what this is. This is the government's drawing up the rules --

RUSH: Well, now, wait a minute. Isn't pretty much every mortgage government backed through Fannie and Freddie, ultimately?

CALLER: Well, it's probably headed that way, yes.

RUSH: Yeah, but so --

CALLER: You can see how many people this is going to be affecting.

RUSH: Right, right, right and they can just arbitrarily draw a flood zone and put you in it.

CALLER: That's exactly right, and you probably know the flood insurance program is running a $1 trillion deficit because they've been subsidizing people for years and years. They've been building on floodplains at low rates and this is going to cover it. It's nothing more than a backhanded tax increase, and it's potentially going to cost you thousands and thousands of dollars. Because once you're in a flood zone, now you've got to pay the jacked up rates for a special hazard zone as opposed to a preferred risk policy.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: There are absolutely no rules I can see anywhere that determine, you know, exactly how they draw these zones.

RUSH: So what are you gonna do about this? What do you think can be done?

CALLER: I have tried... I am beginning to look for lawyers that will help me in a class-action lawsuit against the government. I tried contacting Mark Levin's legal foundation. They told me they couldn't help me; I would need to go through a Florida lawyer. This is just beginning. I've also contacted Senator Rubio's office. So we'll see where this leads, but I can't believe this can happen in the United States.

RUSH: Oh, I can. I can. This sounds made to order. This is the exact kind of thing that government does to recoup spending that they've blown.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, do not disregard our previous caller. This is hidden taxation. It's another way for the Regime to redistribute wealth, and it's all done in a stealth way, and it doesn't require the bad PR of a tax increase. Nobody knows about it except the people to whom it happens. And basically he was right on the money. FEMA is simply redrawing flood plains. They're simply declaring that if you happen to live in an area they deem to be a floodplain, and then if your mortgage is backed by the government, then you have to buy flood insurance.

You may have never purchased flood insurance before because there's never been a flood where you live. But FEMA, in concert with the EPA, can simply declare, "Well, you know what? Our computer models that say it's gonna raise two degrees in a hundred years say there might be a big 100-year flood in the next 80 years where you live, and, as such, you need to have insurance." It's simply a way -- the government's gonna go get money wherever they can, and they're gonna get it from people they think have it, be it pension plans or savings accounts or what have you.
It’s just arbitrary. It's happening all over, and it's a stealth way of raising taxes. I mean, it's the federal government selling the insurance. Uh, no, it's the federal government demanding that you buy it. So keep a sharp eye. You could live in a place where there hasn't ever been a flood and all of a sudden get one of these notices that you now live in a potential floodplain, and, as such, you have to have flood insurance from the federal government and here's what it costs.

It's these kind of things not happening with acts of Congress, and how much of this -- here's another thing -- how much of this is being done to support this insidious hoax of climate change? I mean, how many people are getting these notices because climate change models are forecasting sea level rises of four feet in the next century, and it could result in a flood in your neighbor. Don't doubt for a minute that that's what's driving some of this. And driving it in the sense of warranting it. "Oh, yeah, global warming, oh, yeah, I'm really worried about it.” Well, you could live in a flood zone now because of global warming. What are you gonna do? Because you've always bought into it. So don't think for a minute that it is climate change undergirding this -- or not undergirding this; it is. Flood insurance has gone up because of rising sea levels. It's gonna be very easy for 'em to say this, even though it's all a hoax.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/05/23/caller_encounters_flood_of_hidden_taxation
Gotta get that daily dose of climate denial in there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Rush isn't concerned about climate change because if the sea levels rise he'll join his walrus brethren in the oceans.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yes. There have been NRA lectures at their hoe-downs where they teach you how to handle yourself when "zombies" come flowing out of the cities looking for your food and white women. I am almost entirely turned off of the zombie phenomenon now thanks to an episode of the Doomsday Bunkers reality show where some dad was training his kids on how to shoot first ask questions later when approached by "zombies" which he pretty explicitly explained as looters.

Zombies have been a codeword for this sort of racism since Night of the Living Dead.

for those who still haven't seen it;

The last surviving member of the group that holds out in a farm house during the zombie outbreak happens to be a black guy. The next day, he is shot by a posse who 'mistakes' him for a zombie, and they toss him on a bonfire. The End.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

Zombies have been a codeword for this sort of racism since Night of the Living Dead.

for those who still haven't seen it;

The last surviving member of the group that holds out in a farm house during the zombie outbreak happens to be a black guy. The next day, he is shot by a posse who 'mistakes' him for a zombie, and they toss him on a bonfire. The End.

But imho it was an academic comparison until recently. These people aren't having discussions of cinema, the black experience in America, and race issues. They're calling people zombies to avoid the fact that they want to talk about killing people they don't like en masse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

So Wiki (care of this poster) has a bunch of info in the VA saying that staff and funds have been slashed. This article says otherwise.

The article if from the same people that employ Michael Ramirez so there's a really good chance its 100% bullshit. Following one of the links from articles gives me this which shows that for some reason VA spending has been increasing since 2000-2001 with most of it being in Rehab costs. Gosh I wonder why?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Slo-Tek posted:

Are there any updates on Beckistan? Been a couple years now, they should have broken ground on their munitions factory/zombie hardened defense post by now, right?

I thought the weapons factory fortress was a three percenter thing and Beckistan was Celebration Florida for the tea party.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Funding has probably gone up in absolute terms because of inflation. And if IBD is to be believed (possibly not because it is a poo poo journal) even per capita spending has increased. However it is at least an open question as to whether spending has increased enough to cope with the massive strain we have put on the VA system with over a decade of war and (hundreds of?) thousands of new injured veterans whose health care is massively more expensive than the average person's.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

But imho it was an academic comparison until recently. These people aren't having discussions of cinema, the black experience in America, and race issues. They're calling people zombies to avoid the fact that they want to talk about killing people they don't like en masse.

Zombies isn't a way of hiding that they're talking about black people. It's a way to dehumanize in the same way as calling them "dogs" or "vermin." Zombie poo poo is in again the last few years so they've added "zombie," to the list.

The people who do this kind of stuff are pretty okay with being racist most of the time. Don't confuse their flowery masturbatory language for attempts to hide their racism. Racist people who dream of genocide are probably not likely to say, "All those African Americans are scum!" all the time because it gets boring, and they need to up the ante. Also, they can make their genocidal fantasies more inclusive if they use these terms because they can start classifying poor whites they don't like as "zombies" too.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 24, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Adam Carolla's a pleasant individual, part one thousand

quote:

Are you anti-gay?

My feeling about the gay community — first off, you can’t live in Hollywood and get along in this business and be in theater companies and improv companies and have issues with gay people. My last movie I did was a boxing movie called “The Hammer,” and the director [Charles Herman-Wurmfeld] was gay. If you can’t work with gay people, you’re gonna have a difficult time in Hollywood. There’s plenty of gay people and they’re in positions above you. You’re not going to get your movie directed. I don’t have a problem with it — they’ve just turned into a mafia and demanding everyone apologize for every joke and retract every statement.

It’s turned into something that’s bigger than it is. I’ve lived in this town my whole life and never seen it like this. There’s been comedians telling jokes but no overt gay-bashing crimes. I don’t even know who’s gay and who’s not gay nine times out of 10 — why do you even need to know? Your skin color and gender one can see, if one wanted to discriminate. In terms of sexual proclivities, I don’t know what someone’s into! You could work with someone who’s into kids — how would you know? I don’t know and I don’t care. In the book, what I say about the gay community is that someone sent me “the top 10 reasons gays should marry.” One: They’re American. Two: They pay taxes. Three through five: So they can shut the gently caress up. I don’t want to be lying on my deathbed and realize gay marriage and legalization of marijuana is all I discussed the last half of my life.

Comedians often look a lot like you — straight, white and male. Do you feel any obligation to help underrepresented comics climb the ladder?

You’re presuming I got lifted up the ladder.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Carolla, aka the half of the Man-Show that never moved on.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
They should have asked him how he managed to make a career telling the same stories for decades and never coming up with new material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

quote:

You’re presuming I got lifted up the ladder.

Ahahahah. You had me until gently caress you. He got a hundred hundred breaks, and there was a time when he used to thank everyone responsible for them weekly on his sex call-in radio show. Maybe he's comparing his own slog up the fame ladder to that of a Disney channel replicant. Idk we seem to talk about this guy an awful, awful lot. I only had to hear about his desire for private trash service twice before I turned his rear end off. I guess it's cute, like my dad would be cute saying that stuff.