Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

Remember the Supermax movie where Green Arrow is in a giant prison and has to escape a bunch of supervillains? It was written and in preproduction but they never actually made it, instead opting for Superman Returns or something. Well what if that movie were season 5 on the island, in the Argus prison? It could basically be superhero prison break.

It would make sense that at some point Waller throws Ollie in the prison below Lian Yu. Given what information we currently have it's really the only reason that he'd be back on Lian Yu.

A lot of things could change in two seasons though.

Still would be a rad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bentacos posted:

It would make sense that at some point Waller throws Ollie in the prison below Lian Yu. Given what information we currently have it's really the only reason that he'd be back on Lian Yu.

Maybe, but holy gently caress how bad do you have to be to take an innocent guy who was just stranded and has only ever killed in self defense up until that point, and not try and send him home. Haha. Poor Waller.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Drifter posted:

Maybe, but holy gently caress how bad do you have to be to take an innocent guy who was just stranded and has only ever killed in self defense up until that point, and not try and send him home. Haha. Poor Waller.

Wasn't Fyers working for Argus? Maybe Waller has an axe to grind over Ollie killing him and presumably loving up whatever op he was running for them.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bentacos posted:

Wasn't Fyers working for Argus? Maybe Waller has an axe to grind over Ollie killing him and presumably loving up whatever op he was running for them.

What? Wallers, hold a grudge?

Haha, yeah, you could be right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stephen Amell is going to be at the Montreal Comic Con this year. I might break my never paying for an autograph rule.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aphrodite posted:

Stephen Amell is going to be at the Montreal Comic Con this year. I might break my never paying for an autograph rule.

I might break my "never going to Montreal Comic Con again" rule.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
As I figured, assholes ruined the charity eBay auction Stephen Amell was doing.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/652629948155609

He got it restarted with some requirements, so hopefully it'll actually work this time. Noticed in the comments that someone is offering to handcraft a leather Arrow costume for charity and Amell is taking him up on the offer.

Edit: Oh man, the comments there are awesome. A white UK chick got all butt hurt because he closed the auction to everyone outside of North America. He unloaded on her, and some other guy called him a racist for his remarks. There must be some misunderstanding in the UK with regards to what racism is.

jedibeavis fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 23, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I might break my "never going to Montreal Comic Con again" rule.

It's been a lot better since they moved to the Palais instead of Bonaventure.

jedibeavis posted:

Edit: Oh man, the comments there are awesome. A white UK chick got all butt hurt because he closed the auction to everyone outside of North America. He unloaded on her, and some other guy called him a racist for his remarks. There must be some misunderstanding in the UK with regards to what racism is.

The old world can be a bit weird with race.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
You know what just occurred to me? No one in Starling City knows that Merlyn is alive.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bentacos posted:

I figured the reason he was back on Lian Yu was simply that he wanted to keep his off-island time a secret, so he went back there for the explicit purpose of being rescued.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

jedibeavis posted:

She was being melodramatic, but Amell was pretty harsh in his response to her. For someone who normally seems like a super cool guy, it was a bit surprising.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oasx posted:

She was being melodramatic, but Amell was pretty harsh in his response to her. For someone who normally seems like a super cool guy, it was a bit surprising.

He was really frustrated by the auction fuckery and he never vents on his page. Dude was pretty restrained if you ask me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Telling a fan that was frustrated that if they had a problem with it then he didn't want them as a fan is kind of an rear end in a top hat move no matter what.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

jedibeavis posted:

As I figured, assholes ruined the charity eBay auction Stephen Amell was doing.

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/posts/652629948155609

There must be some misunderstanding in the UK with regards to what racism is.

I seriously doubt it, we invented, perfected and sold it wholesale..

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

Telling a fan that was frustrated that if they had a problem with it then he didn't want them as a fan is kind of an rear end in a top hat move no matter what.

Sounds like someone didn't get the point.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

R-Type posted:

Sounds like someone didn't get the point.

What was the point? ...or is that an arrow pun?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

What a nerd and/or loser.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
The point is that she was making it all about herself when it's a charity auction.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Some Numbers posted:

You know what just occurred to me? No one in Starling City knows that Merlyn is alive.

Yeah you're right. I think Moira was the only other person who knew he was back. I wonder how long that will last next season.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The League knows because Moira told them about his existence. Therefore, Nyssa probably knows.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His limo driver knows.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Thwomp posted:

The League knows because Moira told them about his existence. Therefore, Nyssa probably knows.

She went with Sarah on the boat. She's not in Starling anymore. :smug:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

greatn posted:

His limo driver knows.

Neither is he. :smug:

What are the odds Amanda Waller knows? I'd wager pretty good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Thwomp posted:

Correct. However, no one who frequents the Quiver knows, which was my point.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Warmachine posted:

Neither is he. :smug:

What are the odds Amanda Waller knows? I'd wager pretty good.

Knowing Waller, Merlyn was probably working for her from the beginning.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Knowing Waller, Merlyn was probably working for her from the beginning.

Waller's black, Merlyn WEARS black, Black Driver the pieces all fit

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

Waller's black, Merlyn WEARS black, Black Driver the pieces all fit

Clearly this is leading to the big reveal of Black Manta as the true mastermind.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

His limo driver knows.

White driver?

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

I wonder how much longer until Stephen Amell quits the internet

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Skunny Wundy posted:

I wonder how much longer until Stephen Amell quits the internet

Season 4

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well to change the subject:

After twenty four years the CW has finally announced that the long awaited second season to their cult classic show The Flash is actually happening with a premier this fall. If you're not sure the show is for you, you can watch the first episode free on amazon if anyone is interested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Stayne Falls posted:

The point is that she was making it all about herself when it's a charity auction.

This. Who cares about her, the auction was hosed up by people being assholes so he had to make exclusions. She was being a selfish baby and he rightfully told her what's up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just read something about Barrowman asking for a costume thats less constrictive and more in line with what Amell wears.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Just read something about Barrowman asking for a costume thats less constrictive and more in line with what Amell wears.

I like Merlyn's costume though. It looks more in line with what a badass archer would wear. Instead of skintight pleather with a hood.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe he just wants to move away from the league outfit now hes independent.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

This is completely unrelated to the discussion at hand, but ever since the Dollmaker episode aired, I've had this niggling feeling in the back of my head that that episode had basically already aired, and I was super confused as to why they were basically rehashing it, but no one else seemed to notice. Just by happenstance, searching for something totally unrelated, I got sent to the Fringe wiki, where I was dropped on the page for an episode that was essentially the same plot, even mostly the same clothing used on the girls. It feels good to not be crazy.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I know that Barrowman has mentioned at multiple points that the league costume is seriously claustrophobic to the point of physically affecting his performance, so I can see him jumping at any chance to change it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But then not wearing it changes his performance.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Fetch me something GAY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Kruller posted:

This is completely unrelated to the discussion at hand, but ever since the Dollmaker episode aired, I've had this niggling feeling in the back of my head that that episode had basically already aired, and I was super confused as to why they were basically rehashing it, but no one else seemed to notice. Just by happenstance, searching for something totally unrelated, I got sent to the Fringe wiki, where I was dropped on the page for an episode that was essentially the same plot, even mostly the same clothing used on the girls. It feels good to not be crazy.

The actor who played the Dollmaker was also in an episode of Fringe as a guy with super-autism future predicting powers, so it's understandable how that could all get jumbled together in your mind.

• Locked thread