Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bandanna Waddle Dee is the hero of millions. Way better than Waloogee or whatever he's called.

I'd also settle for Sailor Hat Waddle Dee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think it works better to have a regular Link that contrasts more with Toon Link.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Motto posted:

I think it works better to have a regular Link that contrasts more with Toon Link.

The shoulda gone for broke and have LWB Link.
Speaking of, haven't played that game. Should I get it? I hear good things about it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Calaveron posted:

Speaking of, haven't played that game. Should I get it? I hear good things about it.

get it Get it GET IT it's great. Best Zelda in years.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

Yes it's a really loving good game

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Calaveron posted:

Did you like A Link to the Past? If so, get it.

If not, get yourself checked, because you're clearly mentally ill.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I loving love LBW and never played LttP. What does that make me?

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Someone who needs to play LTTP?

I mean, I thought part of the reason people liked LBW so much was that it was a semi-remake of LTTP and knowing LTTP made LBW more enjoyable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I couldn't really get into LttP but I love LBW. There are probably tons of references to the old game but you don't need to play the LttP at all to enjoy LBW

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

LBW actually kind of ruined LttP for me. It polishes everything so well mechanically that you don't really notice until you go back.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
Besides being a really great game, LBW is a great showcase for what the system can do. I'm still not really sold on the 3D gimmick, but LBW uses it alongside great art direction and a 60fps frame rate to make a fairly low resolution game look absolutely gorgeous. I'm honestly not a huge Zelda fan, but I adored LBW.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

JordanKai posted:

"Bandana Dee Helicopters Into Battle"

Isn't King Dedede's Side B now gordos only?

....could it be Waddle Dee?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Has this been mentioned yet? At 6:58 here, does Toon Link wave dash toward the Yellow Devil? Is wave dashing coming back? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTh0T2lAfGo&hd=1

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

How Rude posted:

Isn't King Dedede's Side B now gordos only?

....could it be Waddle Dee?

Waddle Dees show up as enemies in that Smash Run thing, though.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

As far as I can tell, it looks like Toon Link is just dashing forward. You see him standing, running, and sliding to a stop.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

Has this been mentioned yet? At 6:58 here, does Toon Link wave dash toward the Yellow Devil? Is wave dashing coming back? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTh0T2lAfGo&hd=1

That's just how Toon Link dashes. Definitely not a wave dash (for a lot of reasons!)

It's already confirmed they're using SSBB's air-dodging mechanics, which make wave dashing impossible.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Oh. Well then. New idea. Considering Zero Suit's rack and Ike's biceps, is the "Ridley is too big" argument losing relevance?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

is the "Ridley is too big" argument losing relevance?

never

Ridley is just THAT big

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really want to see Ganon with a new moveset. I mean, if it was a choice between Captain Clone Ganon or no Ganon, I will always take any Ganon. But I think he, over any other clone character, deserves his own moves.

I really love how Ganondorf feels to play, even if it's not really very Ganondorfish or even that good. HE just FEELS good to play as in Brawl, to me. He's got this really satisfyingly brutish feel to him. Also I just love the name "Warlock Punch" for a fighting game attack.

It'd be really neat if Ganondorf had his dual blades from Wind Waker, but could just toss them away and start punching people, but transforming characters are out the window. At the very least, I hope he keeps his dive move.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

nerdbot posted:

I really love how Ganondorf feels to play, even if it's not really very Ganondorfish or even that good. HE just FEELS good to play as in Brawl, to me. He's got this really satisfyingly brutish feel to him. Also I just love the name "Warlock Punch" for a fighting game attack.

It'd be really neat if Ganondorf had his dual blades from Wind Waker, but could just toss them away and start punching people, but transforming characters are out the window. At the very least, I hope he keeps his dive move.

Hitting someone with his aerial down A is the best feeling in that game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

On the one hand, Smash Bros. Ganondorf is pretty fun to play as.

On the other hand, Wind Waker Ganondorf is arguably the coolest Ganondorf.

I'm conflicted.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I agree, especially after playing with him in Project M, where he quickly became one of my favorite characters. People always talk about how Ganondorf doesn't make any sense as a Captain Falcon clone in Smash Bros, but in my opinion the problem is the other way around. Ganondorf should stop being an orb tossing sword fighter in the Zelda games and instead embrace his true power as Muscle Wizard Supreme. Also Wizard's Foot is an amazing name for an attack.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

nerdbot posted:

I think transforming characters are only out due to limitations of the 3DS, if everyone chose a transforming character the game would have to load 8 character models and sounds into RAM which I don't think would be easy. Having a character change up playstyles shouldn't be an issue though, you'd only have a little more per character to load. I don't see them doing it but I hope they change Ganondorf radically but keep some of his beefy-rear end moves.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nah, removing transforming characters is a reasonable decision regardless of technical limitations. Nobody actually switched between Zelda/Sheik mid-battle, I doubt many people liked the lack of control over Samus' switching, and PT's system was annoying too.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If it were necessary to make transforming characters work on 3DS, they would solve the technical challenges and make transforming characters work on 3DS. It's not that weak a system.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Color Printer posted:

I'm conflicted.

Clearly we need gannondorf and toon gannondorf.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Color Printer posted:

I'm conflicted.

I'm not: Wind Waker Evil Samurai Ganondorf is way more appealing than Slow Captain Falcon Clone Ganondorf.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

Also Wizard's Foot is an amazing name for an attack.

"Grapefoot" :colbert:

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Countblanc posted:

"Grapefoot" :colbert:

Y'know, my friend calls DK's fair "Grapefist" and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Where are you guys getting all these grapes from? Grapes do not resemble feet nor fists.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's purple. I dunno what DK's thing is all about though, he's clearly a banana man.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

falconry posted:

Y'know, my friend calls DK's fair "Grapefist" and it makes absolutely no sense to me. Where are you guys getting all these grapes from? Grapes do not resemble feet nor fists.

Sounds like you can't handle your grapes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Sounds like you can't handle your grapes.

A real case of sour grapes.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
It's a fighting game. They're grapes of wrath.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Sire Oblivion posted:

I think transforming characters are only out due to limitations of the 3DS, if everyone chose a transforming character the game would have to load 8 character models and sounds into RAM which I don't think would be easy. Having a character change up playstyles shouldn't be an issue though, you'd only have a little more per character to load. I don't see them doing it but I hope they change Ganondorf radically but keep some of his beefy-rear end moves.

You know, I doubt they'd make the change possible in-game but what about custom moves? So far we haven't seen anything extreme, but there are a couple characters that could legitimately benefit from being able to change their move set entirely depending on what you want. Ganondorf with and without swords would be a fun use for it, at least.

Though that does make me wonder if we'll see something like the Fire Emblem guys being able to use different weapons. Axes that are slower but stronger, or something.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

You know, I doubt they'd make the change possible in-game but what about custom moves?

Make Ganondorf a completely new character. Make O. Ganondorf's moves all options for Falcon.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
just give ganon his loving sword, but let him keep his dAir.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The T posted:

Make Ganondorf a completely new character. Make O. Ganondorf's moves all options for Falcon.

Deal, but only if Falcon gets a Ganondorf-colored skin.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Quest For Glory II posted:

Xenoblade was made an exclusive to a retailer who takes new copies out of their box and then labels them as pre-owned

I wish that's what GameStop did...no, it's worse, they break open copies and still try to sell them as 'New', despite being opened and handled.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

jivjov posted:

I wish that's what GameStop did...no, it's worse, they break open copies and still try to sell them as 'New', despite being opened and handled.

That's standard fare for Gamestop, but with Xenoblade, they got a new shipment in and sold them all as used because the game's used value was like, $80 compared to the MSRP of $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Deal, but only if Falcon gets a Ganondorf-colored skin.

Oh dude, the backhand, meteor stomp AND the knee?

aaaaaaaAAAAAAaaa

• Locked thread