Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Knormal posted:

I'd be kinda skeeved out if Kitty phased through the plate of food I was about to eat. Like even if I knew there wasn't going to be any residue or anything it still just seems kind of disrespectful. Even more so if the table happened to be at rear end-height.

I've always sort of wondered if Logan just uses his claws at the mansion as a knife for stuff in their kitchen. I can't tell if it'd be sanitary or not. I mean, he's got a healing factor and all that, but he'd still be getting a little bit of blood and skin on the food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

JediTalentAgent posted:

I've always sort of wondered if Logan just uses his claws at the mansion as a knife for stuff in their kitchen. I can't tell if it'd be sanitary or not. I mean, he's got a healing factor and all that, but he'd still be getting a little bit of blood and skin on the food.

He wouldn't give a poo poo, so unless someone caught him he'd probably keep doing it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

JediTalentAgent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY&t=32s

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

TwoPair posted:

The new Doop series has the best possible summary of the character for the recap page and it made me laugh

All New Doop #2

Holy poo poo, a new Doop thing! Thank you, sir, this makes my day.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

He wouldn't give a poo poo, so unless someone caught him he'd probably keep doing it.

'Cause he'd stop if someone caught him?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Phylodox posted:

'Cause he'd stop if someone caught him?

Okay, now we know that Logan always uses his claws instead of knives in the kitchen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"Hey, you want the rest of my sandwich?"

"... Did Logan make it?"

"Yeah."

"I'll pass."

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Every part of this video is the best thing.

"This kid's cryin'. Do something."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

"Hey, you want the rest of my sandwich?"

"... Did Logan make it?"

"Yeah."

"I'll pass."

Probably a good strategy even before we figured this out.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

JediTalentAgent posted:

Source: Mini Marvels

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Coughing Hobo posted:

Every part of this video is the best thing.

"This kid's cryin'. Do something."

Christmas dinner! Hey you, you're the table. Quit your bitchin and bend over so we can eat off of you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Strange Tales volume I.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Strange Tales volume I.

God drat I need more of this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Senor Candle posted:

God drat I need more of this.

I think both Strange Tales series are in trade. Go get them, right now. They are amazing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

I think both Strange Tales series are in trade. Go get them, right now. They are amazing.

Yeah I'm going to drive to a store right now any buy them.

EDIT: I wasn't joking!

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 24, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only weak point of both those amazing books is that Jhonen Vasquez used up 8 pages to tell a 1 page joke.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I like that he bought the books half an hour later. They're really good, though!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I imagine another patron was holding those trades before Senor Candle pounced upon him like Kate Beaton's Kraven the Hunter.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Captain Capacitor posted:

Hulk likes Galaxy Quest, it seems.

Maybe he's jut a big Corey Hart fan?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I like that he bought the books half an hour later. They're really good, though!

I would have been quicker but I went and got some food too.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

From the Free Comic Bokk issue of Hip Hop Family Tree.

I kinda love how Piskor never misses an opportunity to call Rick Rubin a little daddy's boy.

And also a great shot-out

FCBD issue of something called Black Sky

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013

Vincent posted:

From the Free Comic Bokk issue of Hip Hop Family Tree.

I kinda love how Piskor never misses an opportunity to call Rick Rubin a little daddy's boy.

And also a great shot-out

Really thought that was Cyclops at first glance.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Vincent posted:

Wait that's clearly a Gorilla

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

You think Thanksgiving is tough in your household, imagine at the X-Mansion.

"drat it, Logan! That turkey was for EVERYBODY now no one is going to eat it!"
"Hey, don't get all high and mighty with me, Summers! I know you've been drinking out of the milk jug in the fridge! I can smell your brown-nosin' breath on it. You want some hard facts, Slim? If you've ever eaten at an Arby's you've already probably eaten enough human flesh that it's a wonder you've not been recruited into Alpha Flight!"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cardboard Box A posted:

They mention that on the next page.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

techknight posted:

X-Factor v1 #10

Um, I'm resurrecting this to see if I'm the only one who noticed the massive scale difference between the police vehicles and the people.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

It's clearly some sort of cyborg gorilla if we're being technical about it.

thetzar posted:

Um, I'm resurrecting this to see if I'm the only one who noticed the massive scale difference between the police vehicles and the people.

I completely missed that. Perhaps Magneto accidentally enlarged them with an another aspect of his mutant power we're not privy to yet?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

thetzar posted:

Why, that's clearly a standard police big rig and monster truck.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

JediTalentAgent posted:

You think Thanksgiving is tough in your household, imagine at the X-Mansion.

"drat it, Logan! That turkey was for EVERYBODY now no one is going to eat it!"
"Hey, don't get all high and mighty with me, Summers! I know you've been drinking out of the milk jug in the fridge! I can smell your brown-nosin' breath on it. You want some hard facts, Slim? If you've ever eaten at an Arby's you've already probably eaten enough human flesh that it's a wonder you've not been recruited into Alpha Flight!"

Was Wendigo ever a member of Alpha Flight?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Probably confusing him with Sasquatch - Wendigo only managed an Omega Flight membership.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Metal claws come in real handy when you're so drunk you can't remember how to use a pull tab.

X-Men Annual #11

AnonSpore posted:

Okay, now we know that Logan always uses his claws instead of knives in the kitchen.

I remember an issue where Mojo needed some exciting footage so he decided to spy on the X-Men and broadcast their latest wacky adventure but they were just hanging out at the school playing basketball and poo poo and Wolverine was in the kitchen cutting up celery or something with one claw. Damned if I can remember which issue that was ....

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

From now on whenever anyone tells me Hal Jordan is the best Green Lantern I am going to think of this page.

Justice League of America V1 #110

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only people who think Hal is the best lantern are racists and Geoff Johns.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

ImpAtom posted:

From now on whenever anyone tells me Hal Jordan is the best Green Lantern I am going to think of this page.

Well, so much for secret identity, John. Say goodbye to your street cred.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Is this his origin or was he already aware of the whole alternate thing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Is this his origin or was he already aware of the whole alternate thing?

He was already aware. It would have been even more amazing if this had been his actual origin though.

Edit: For the record this story ends with John Stewart creating new housing for impoverished lower-income children using his architecture skills. Hal Jordan spends the night unconscious on his bathroom floor. I feel like this is some Goofus and Gallent poo poo.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 26, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The only people who think Hal is the best lantern are racists and Geoff Johns.

Everyone knows Guy is the best Lantern.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Cangelosi posted:

Well, so much for secret identity, John. Say goodbye to your street cred.

Dude never wore a mask anyway, like he cares.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

Everyone knows Guy is the best Lantern.
Funny way to spell Kyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

whatsabattle posted:

Dude never wore a mask anyway, like he cares.

Indeed:

• Locked thread