Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Honestly, it would just be bad UI design to have the starting roster be scattered around among a sea of locked slots.

SSB64 and Melee kept the starters centralized, and Brawl had a dynamic system where the slots shrank and reorganized as you unlocked more fighters. This is comparatively sloppy work!

It's also nothing that couldn't be assembled from the assets on the website and the glimpses of the UI we've already gotten. Call me when there's one with a new and high-quality render of an unrevealed character (or don't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but also even if they decided to have locked slots appear like that, they obviously wouldn't show them there in a build intended for use as a public demo. Both for aesthetic reasons, and because they also aren't likely to reveal the number of characters in the game that way.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Insert picture/gif of Senator Vreenak.

And someone quotes it and says "Senator Vreenak confirmed."

Followed by "Senator Vreenak is too big."

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Sonic's name is really, really off-center.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Echo Chamber posted:

Insert picture/gif of Senator Vreenak.

And someone quotes it and says "Senator Vreenak confirmed."

Followed by "Senator Vreenak is too big."

it's a fake

that's the joke you were dancing around, right?

Good. I love Deep Space Nine.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
You know, despite all the rumors and rampant speculation; I think that nothing will ever eclipse the perfect, ultimate hype moment of the Mega Man reveal. I still watch the video every once and a while and I feel giddy all anew. He's perfect.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Filthy Haiku posted:

You know, despite all the rumors and rampant speculation; I think that nothing will ever eclipse the perfect, ultimate hype moment of the Mega Man reveal. I still watch the video every once and a while and I feel giddy all anew. He's perfect.

Agreed, though his final smash stoked that same flame. Funny how Nintendo can use Mega Man so effectively compared to another Japanese developer...

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Megaman's final smash is great visually, but really boring mechanically. Just another generic "fire a big laser" move, which is what like half of the final smashes boil down to once you remove the visual flair.

I still think he should have gotten Rush armor. Although I suppose "temporary form-change buff" is what comprises the second half of final smashes, so that wouldn't be that unique either.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

One more incredibly poorly taken shot.

Note the mystery 'Y' in the top left.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 25, 2014

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

F. Lobot posted:

That'd be two spaces to the right of Samus. So he is trying to confirm Ridley. Samus, Zero Suit, Ridley.

Also maybe I'm just not clear on the story, but what is this guys alleged reason for not being able to take a picture of the full screen at once?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

F. Lobot posted:

You can tell by those stain drops on the screen that that's Pepsi (Coke is a warmer brown) and if you know a thing or two about your sodas you can clearly see that would never be allowed in a Best Buy.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Reiley posted:

You can tell by those stain drops on the screen that that's Pepsi (Coke is a warmer brown) and if you know a thing or two about your sodas you can clearly see that would never be allowed in a Best Buy.

All that's telling me is that Pepsiman is confirmed.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hey guys, huge fan of Smash Brothers, I can't wait for it to come out! I got a 3DS all primed for when it is released, and should have a WiiU by the time winter rolls around. My question however, is does anybody here have any funny doge meme photoshops of Smash Brothers, for instance doge as master hand, or something of that nature? Thanks a million!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Lurk more.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Raserys posted:

Lurk more.

Honey, I reregged

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sid Vicious posted:

Hey guys, huge fan of Smash Brothers, I can't wait for it to come out! I got a 3DS all primed for when it is released, and should have a WiiU by the time winter rolls around. My question however, is does anybody here have any funny doge meme photoshops of Smash Brothers, for instance doge as master hand, or something of that nature? Thanks a million!

quote:

There have been 1964 posts made by Sid Vicious, an average of 247.88 posts per day, since registering on May 17, 2014.

Please tell me that's a glitch...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Now I am the one who needs to lurk more :(

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm pretty sure this leak is real, guys:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

TaurusOxford posted:

Please tell me that's a glitch...

Sorry bro! BYOB gets crazy sometimes, what can I say!

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm pretty sure this leak is real, guys:

So then who drives the train when Alfonzo joins the battle?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Gaffle posted:

So then who drives the train when Alfonzo joins the battle?

I didn't make this one.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Previous demos for Brawl and Melee simply had unnavailable characters just gone, not locked spaces. Back at Jump Fiesta or w/e for Brawl the roster only had 8 slots or so of characters. No boxes or anything.

The only time we've ever seen locked boxes were early screens sent to Nintendo Power for Melee where in Zelda's select box was a ?.

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 25, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

It's also a really lazy photoshop and I don't know why we're still discussing it.

I remember when the real full Brawl roster came out like a day or two before the game's release in Japan and everyone thought it was fake because it didn't have the 200 characters they wanted in the game. :allears:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Little Mac there is just his official picture from the website slapped on, it still has the background and everything. So is Mega Man. It's really obvious how ripped they are from the website picture.

Also, in fairness to the fake, Brawl did the same thing. Their render for the select screen was the same as their render on the website.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Also, the images on the website are actually PNGs with transparent backgrounds. The gradient doesn't mean anything, and is actually darker than the one the website uses.

The main thing is that it avoids showing off anything that can't be assembled from public materials, and it features some weird and sloppy design choices.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DrPaper posted:

Previous demos for Brawl and Melee simply had unnavailable characters just gone, not locked spaces. Back at Jump Fiesta or w/e for Brawl the roster only had 8 slots or so of characters. No boxes or anything.

The only time we've ever seen locked boxes were early screens sent to Nintendo Power for Melee where in Zelda's select box was a ?.

Uh, Melee had 5 locked boxes at the start.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Geostomp posted:

I'm gonna call Photoshop on this one. Not a great one at that. The Luigi pic is from that weird falling down taunt of his.

That's his Smash 4 render.Not saying this is true of course.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Uh, Melee had 5 locked boxes at the start.

But none of it's prerelease demos did. Sorry, should have clarified. In all instances of the game being playable beforehand, at presentations and such, both Melee and Brawl locked locked boxes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm pretty sure Brawl's pre-release demos just had a small selection of characters with icons blown up larger to fill the whole select screen, following the same dynamic system the final release did.

EDIT: Yeah, here's a screen from a Brawl demo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just got linked to this

Is it perspective or is the name box hosed up?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

Why would "Colors" have a separate menu?
Lelouch Lamperouge Commands you to Smash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBTZ9zi3NGg

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

Stay your hand, Sid.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Who is that supposed to be next to Zelda? Are those green things Little Mac's gloves?
If that's the case, then why does Little Mac appear here? His gloves aren't visible in this image, Pikachu isn't under him, and "Charizard" certainly doesn't begin with an R.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Butt Ghost posted:

Who is that supposed to be next to Zelda? Are those green things Little Mac's gloves?

Presumably Link but this thing is pretty clearly fake so I'm not sure why we're still dissecting it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's Link's hat.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ah, I see it now. I wonder which image they're basing that off of, since the main Link image they have on the site doesn't really look like it fits that profile. I'm not trying to say this is legit or anything, I'm just curious. That, and the Little Mac thing would have been a pretty obvious gently caress up.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Make a character with the same move set as this completely different character! Also, give Ganondorf a new move set, he shouldn't be a Captain Falcon clone!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Snake is back.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Friend posted:

Ike is back.

I like ike

gently caress chrom lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU