Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

Well if this makes you sad, imagine if Jones was there instead. At least Cormier did a mercy kill instead of elbowing him till he's brain damaged or has a broken orbital or both.

Yeah, I think DC was kinda gentle almost. Cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I wanna watch the slam and the trip afterwards forever

Max Awfuls posted:

The Old Man and DC

hahaha

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I already liked cormier but I like him even more for taking it so easy on Dan when he could have literally killed him. Dan needs to retire and Cormier needs to ragdoll jones like that

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

MacDougall posted:

poo poo I reckon Cormier makes a case for jumping Gus in the line right there. Gus can go fight Rumble instead.

or Cormier can fight Rumble...

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Dan has what, 4 fights left on his contract? There's no way he's going to finish that out (I don't think he wants to either), but I could see UFC matching him up against someone easy as a main event and send him on his way. This DC fight was to put him out of the title hunt and out against top contenders for good, so he could have a couple of Franklin retirement fights and be okay.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

MacDougall posted:

poo poo I reckon Cormier makes a case for jumping Gus in the line right there. Gus can go fight Rumble instead.

Let's wait for Little Nog to actually drop out of the fight before naming his replacement.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

argondamn posted:

It must be pretty amazing to go from being unconscious to standing with Joe Rogan and explaining to everyone why you lost in under a minute.

Probably as amazing as it is standing with Rogan after he spent the entire fight more or less calling you a bitch like he tends to do

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
Thank god that trance club remix of "Let the Bodies Hit The Floor" was playing so that I can wash away my Hendad pain.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Big Queefy posted:

or Cormier can fight Rumble...

I think Cormier will beat Jones though... And Jones being beaten must be fast tracked.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Bubba Smith posted:

Dan has what, 4 fights left on his contract? There's no way he's going to finish that out (I don't think he wants to either), but I could see UFC matching him up against someone easy as a main event and send him on his way. This DC fight was to put him out of the title hunt and out against top contenders for good, so he could have a couple of Franklin retirement fights and be okay.

He gently caress it let's just kill to birds with one stone and have Hendo vs. Franklin.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MacDougall posted:

He gently caress it let's just kill to birds with one stone and have Hendo vs. Franklin.

That's a lot of dimensionsbirds.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Cool walk out song. I have a feeling about young Dillashaw.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bubba Smith posted:

Hendo vs Cung Le please

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

1st AD posted:

Hendo vs Cung Le please

Hendo vs. Bisping II

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Urijah Faber, Michael McDonald, Eddie Wineland ... the list goes on and on and on does it?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

MacDougall posted:

Hendo vs. Bisping II

This was actually the fight I was going to suggest, at 205 though. Both guys are at similar places in their careers and with Bisping's hosed up vision there could very well be another .gif in the making.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Holy poo poo Dillashaw is older than Barao!?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
With 5:1 odds on Dillashaw for the "who will get more takedowns" prop bet, everyones wondering the same thing: Will Dillashaw get a takedown before Barao catches him with some ugly loopy punch and TKOs him

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

1st AD posted:

Hendo vs Cung Le please

I'd be down for this but I don't think my heart could take Cung Le somehow managing to KO Hendo

Also Hendo vs Wand 3

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Monkey Style!??!?!?!?!?

loving lol.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

This is great, Barao is so fun to watch

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Bounce off staredown

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Good leg kicks to start

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I feel like TJs gonna hop into a spinning kick

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
When did TJ start training with Dominic Cruz

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

TJ is already doing much better than Faber. I'm surprised, seriously.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Oh poo poo

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
TJ looks good so far

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The fact that TJ is an insufferable douche means he's basically guaranteed to win the belt.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Monkey style is working

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
dillashaw really needs to stop dropping his hands

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

So maybe Cruz would have beaten Barao...

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Dillashaw looks like he did his camp w Jet Li

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

WHAT THE FUCKKKK

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

HOLY poo poo

Jim Dwyer
Mar 29, 2014
OH MY GOSDDDDD

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

wao

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:stare:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

OH MY GOD!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

So maybe Cruz would have beaten Barao...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Locked thread