Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kresher posted:

Oh poo poo, does that mean I've been wasting the opportunity of getting crafting components out of my old poo poo by vendoring them away?

Yeah. Salvaging items gives you random parts that would be used to make that item. Ore, power cores, etc. Weaponsmithing is actually kind of funny, you can pump out a bunch of items to level up, salvage them, and end up getting higher level cores than what you put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kresher posted:

Oh poo poo, does that mean I've been wasting the opportunity of getting crafting components out of my old poo poo by vendoring them away?
Pretty much. For circuit board crafting you can save some money on power cores by salvaging. You also have a shot at better-than-vendor cores by salvaging blues. However, for the purposes of leveling your crafting, vendoring blues is probably best since it's better to have money for multiple lovely cores than one good core.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
If anyone is planning on playing on the EU servers and is interested in going EXILE please make yourselves known here!

http://wildstargoons.com/forums/index.php?threads/eu-exile-peeps.74/

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Psykmoe posted:

Once I got Bioshell and the Volatility Rising AMP, Engineer didn't feel that slow to me, since Bioshell both adds tech vulnerability and produces just enough volatility to get bonus Volatility from the AMP, so I could immediately bust out a reasonably long Electrocute with bonus damage. I also ended up switching to Flak Cannon for my builder instead of Pulse Blast, I like the channeled nature and receiving Volatility in ticks throughout. If I have to Dash while casting Pulse Blast I get no damage and no resources, which was sort of annoying. At least If I have to interrupt the Flak with a Dash I still did and get something. Not sure how practical that is as dps in an instance since Flak produces extra aggro.

Bioshell's telegraph behavior takes some getting used to though, since the shell doesn't reach the end of the telegraph if it hits enemies before that and explodes there. No big deal, just haven't had an ability that works that way before.

But do you ever get a volatility spender that's as good/better than Electrocute? I only played engineer to 20 or so and Electrocute does kick a lot of rear end, I'm just curious.

Especially the Bruiser Bot AI needs to be more reliable though.

Maybe it's because Electrocute has no cooldown but it felt weird to me that despite both generating a degrading resource with their basic attack, Warrior and Engineer pacing felt pretty different to me.

Of the classes I tried (Warrior, Engineer, Spellslinger) I definitely preferred Engineer for taking on tough foe solo, thanks to bots and the great damage output of Exo-suit powered Electrocute.

My friend who plays Engineer tested everything pretty extensively and he always defaults to using Electrocute, so I assume it's just the best option. I don't know specifics though, all I know is from what he tells me/playing with and against him. The most noticeable thing being holy poo poo he spams electrocute like it's free

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
WildStar.jpg:

e: So I came across this blog post and now I am wondering how viable it is to play a Medic and kind of focus on shield healing. I wasn't aware that Spellslingers and Espers don't really have ways to heal shields, so that may give Medics an interesting niche.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 25, 2014

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Really good OP by the way Doublestep!

I just want to remind all the EU goons that rolling on the US servers in this game would be pretty poo poo because of telegraphs. Join us on Hazak, be a cool kid!

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Taear posted:

all the EU goons that rolling on the US servers in this game

Wait, are people actually doing this? Why? Ignoring the slightly different cultural "vibe" between EU and US, surely the timezones and latency difference issues would be putting people off doing this?

edit - agreed, brilliantly made OP.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If your intent is playing with goons then you should know by now that european guilds do not work.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

If your intent is to play Wildstar then you should know that having lovely latency sucks.

Tab-target MMOs you can get away with it a lot more, but when all your abilities have location-based targeting you can just forget about PvP with bad latency.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If your intent is playing with goons then you should know by now that european guilds do not work.

We're all ears...

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
For all you people thinking espers, couple things i discovered-

You CAN cast other abilities between swords from Psychic frenzy. You have to disable the "hold button to cast multiple times" option.

Esper innate is actually pretty good since its giving you free interrupt armor, and you can dodge roll during the self root. Its absurdly good if your a healer trying to keep yourself alive.

Question for someone who got higher level than me- Illusionary blades tooltip was kinda funny, so I wanted to ask about it. It says it has a 8 second cooldown, but the full charge says (+1 psi point, 1.5 second cooldown). Does this add to the cooldown, or make the cooldown 1.5 seconds?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Double Monocle posted:

Esper innate is actually pretty good since its giving you free interrupt armor, and you can dodge roll during the self root. Its absurdly good if your a healer trying to keep yourself alive.

Or you can right-click the buff on the bar and save one of your dodges.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

a cat on an apple posted:

Or you can right-click the buff on the bar and save one of your dodges.

That is true, but using a dodge roll wont actually cancel the innate.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Double Monocle posted:

For all you people thinking espers, couple things i discovered-

You CAN cast other abilities between swords from Psychic frenzy. You have to disable the "hold button to cast multiple times" option.

Yeah, it's pretty weird that it works with the option disabled but not otherwise. It must be a bugged. I set one of my mouse's thumb buttons to just spam a key when held and bound PF to that key. I also lowered the spell queue setting down to 50 from 500, it helps a lot.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
I finally had a chance to play for a little bit having not had a chance to before. At first I was a little weary of the action combat however from what little I played I got a Secret World vibe off of the combat. Which is a plus for me. I am sure later on the telegraphs get a little more tricky. I noticed that I wasn't missing tab targeting and the aiming seems to work fine. I only played an engineer so milage may vary on this.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

I finally had a chance to play for a little bit having not had a chance to before. At first I was a little weary of the action combat however from what little I played I got a Secret World vibe off of the combat. Which is a plus for me. I am sure later on the telegraphs get a little more tricky.

A little? :laugh:

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

The last time I raided was with WoW WotLK. That was the first time I ever got a character - in any MMO - to max level. I raided Icecrown, had some fun, but never went back. I never quite saw the point of doing something so monstrously difficult.

But that actually looks fun. Maybe its because I can actually see what is killing me. But that is a difficulty that seems fair and interesting to me.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I just heard about name reservations but can't find any documentation on it. Can anyone fill me in?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Tenasscity posted:

I just heard about name reservations but can't find any documentation on it. Can anyone fill me in?

It ended almost a week ago

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004

This was my first time watching the raid devspeak, only because I know at this time I wouldn't be able to take part in raids, and that's alright. But I will admit those look pretty nasty. I would love to see what they come up with in the future.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Doublehex posted:

The last time I raided was with WoW WotLK. That was the first time I ever got a character - in any MMO - to max level. I raided Icecrown, had some fun, but never went back. I never quite saw the point of doing something so monstrously difficult.

But that actually looks fun. Maybe its because I can actually see what is killing me. But that is a difficulty that seems fair and interesting to me.

It's hard to explain but it's a pretty cool feeling overcoming something super difficult with 25 other people. You have to do it to understand it.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
What's the word on paths? I only tried Soldier and was a bit underwhelmed. Granted I didn't level past 15, but the holdouts and such seemed really easy and repetitive.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They don't matter just pick whichever matches your ~gamer style~

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Double Monocle posted:

There's really nothing wrong with the Esper innate, not sure why people complain about it.

If you're DPS, the root and shield go well with TK strike. You have to stand still to cast it anyway, the shield means that the extra damage you're taking due to standing still is negated, and the IA means you're probably not going to be cc'd during it. You can get 2 5 point finishers off during it if you're spamming TK strike at the same time.

If you're a healer and you've got mind over body in your build, it's similarly amazing. If you don't then maybe not. Still it's really good and I think the no movement trade off is well worth how strong it is.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Normal Adult Human posted:

They don't matter just pick whichever matches your ~gamer style~

Personally I'm basing my decision off the path costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n7OH8y1lsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6eNlJA-xmc

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God

Nechronic posted:

Personally I'm basing my decision off the path costumes.

Wow, that Dominion explorer outfit :swoon:

I didn't even know Paths got specific costumes. The waiting for headstart just keeps getting worse.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I like the trucker hat the Exile settler gets but thats pretty much it.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
some thoughts on Crafting I talked about on IRC for anyone interested:

[20:25:57] <Khaba> So Katten, if I'm assuming not collaborating with anyone, what combination makes sense and would also most likely be underserved?

[20:26:59] <Katten> I'd have to think on it a little bit, but Tech/Relic Hunter is very likely, because you can make consumables and power cores which are important for most other crafts too, so you can stock the hell up and never have to go back.
[20:27:28] <Crono> does tech have to use anything it can't get on its own? Just some of the mining gems right
[20:27:37] <Katten> Yes.
[20:27:50] <Katten> The only thing Tech needs outside of Relic Hunter are Gems from Mining.
[20:28:36] <Katten> So I think if you're planning on working on your own and know you're going to be making some form of gear eventually, what you want to do is Tech / Relic Hunter, stock up on Relic Hunter stuff, switch it to Mining, stock up on Power Cores and anything else you want, then not look back for a long time.

[20:29:35] <Katten> I mean it's completely feasible and even technically "faster" to ignore crafting while questing
[20:29:57] <Katten> But if you're not planning on just no-lifing straight up the level ladder, crafting is a good break that has huge benefits
[20:30:00] <Katten> Even if only temporarily.

Malacept
Sep 18, 2006

Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Are there any Bind on Pickup items or buffs from the Wildstar tradeskills? Basically, are there any benefits to the character of one tradeskill over another or can you just buy/trade any item?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Malacept posted:

Are there any Bind on Pickup items or buffs from the Wildstar tradeskills? Basically, are there any benefits to the character of one tradeskill over another or can you just buy/trade any item?

I know that certain tradeskills receive cosmetic housing plugs for their land.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
Which class feels the most original to you guys? I've played a lot of MMOs (except gently caress Final Fantasy) so I'm looking for the most original experience. I tried Esper during beta and I thought it was just okay (though I love Wildstar) so I want to get some input on where to begin with headstart.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
From what I've seen, Medic is probably the most original class. I could see an argument for Spellslinger too. All the classes feel a bit different from other MMO's because of the combat system though.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Warrior
Pros:
-rampage
-best group buffs
-Always Play warriors
-Can queue as tank
-Grapplebangkick makes dungeons bearable
-god tier defense buffs

Cons:
-Kinetic Energy
-Most popular class
-Everything revolves around rampage
-arm cannon looks and is dumb

Engineer
Pros:
-Probably best solo class
-Volatility
-Electrocute
-Mode:Eradicate
-Can queue as tank
-Can be Chua
-Least popular class
-

Cons:
-Avoidance tank
-Pet Class
-has abilities that aren't electrocute

Normal Adult Human fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 26, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Engineer
Pros:
-Probably best solo class

Medic says hello.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Welcometoderadune.jpg

Ah yes the demoness. The undead robot chicks are sexy too

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

The Engineer armor is hands down the sweetest looking. Wish the servers had been up today I would have tried one out. I see Stalkers on the message boards blowing o-rings about how bad stealth is or about how they dont do enough dps. No idea if its warranted or just the usual MMO chicken little bullshit.

So the soldier path just has nodes that spawn bonus/hard enemies? Only neat thing Settler had (as far as I got) was the ability to build a thingy that gives 10 minute xp buffs. No offense to anyone else, but building flags and torches at quest hubs is pretty lame to me.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Website is undergoing changes. Stand by.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Look at this and tell me it's not the best god drat race in this game.

Chua excluded.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hadn't seen any of the raid footage yet, that video makes them look absolutely insane. I can't wait to die hilariously over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Lakedaimon posted:

So the soldier path just has nodes that spawn bonus/hard enemies? Only neat thing Settler had (as far as I got) was the ability to build a thingy that gives 10 minute xp buffs. No offense to anyone else, but building flags and torches at quest hubs is pretty lame to me.

Settler has the advantage in that you're not going out of your way to do your stuff. Most (all?) the stuff you build is in towns/at quest hubs, and you don't even really have to 'harvest' materials because mobs drop them too if you're a Settler.

All of the Soldier things I've seen have been these consoles/kiosks you activate and guys show up and you kill them. Not sure if they get more variety later on.

• Locked thread