Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

epitasis posted:

yeah. I didn't care for the comedy much really

They gave me everything I wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Steen rules plebes

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Micheal Bennett:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maria now the most reviled heel in pro-wrestling according to a study of Japanese women.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Maria :swoon:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Maria now the most reviled heel in pro-wrestling according to a study of Japanese women.

EXCEPT FOR THE ONE THAT STABBED HIROSHI TANAHASHI KEVIN KELLY! HAVE YOU HEARD THE STORY ABOUT HOW A WOMAN STABBED HIROSHI TANAHASHI? IF NOT LET ME TELL YOU THAT HE WAS STABBED!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I still can't believe that Hiroshi Tanahashi put Maria Kanellis in a cloverleaf.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

As they pointed out on the Observer, she sold it better than 95% of male wrestlers too!

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently he was married well before this, so Maria never had a shot at that crown.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
The Young Bucks vs. Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly (I may have overdone it on this one):

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The way the dude scoots over for the moonsault in the last one totally ruins my immersion! Oh no wait, he's catching him to do terrible things to him. Immersion reset!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Those gifs are making me want to start watching RoH

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

This is one of the coolest spots I've ever seen.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Violently Car posted:

I hope someone can find the Shibata and Goto tag team counter to Okada's Rainmaker, because it was some poo poo out of a anime or action movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Violently Car posted:

...Wait, did the Bucks MAKE the other dude Tombstone his partner?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

By kicking his knees out, yes.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope someone can find the Shibata and Goto tag team counter to Okada's Rainmaker, because it was some poo poo out of a anime or action movie.

You can see the point where there are the cut in panels of shocked faces.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

PunkBoy posted:

I can practically hear the minor characters from Hajime no Ippo shouting CROSS-COUNTER!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Jerusalem posted:

NJPW: The New Beginning in Horishima

Edit, whoops, should have refreshed!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

The great part is that wasn't even technically the end of that counter, because the both lifted Okada up, turned him around on their shoulders, and then dropped him head first onto their knees.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
Here's the last bit of the IPPV.

Liger vs. Adam Cole:

AJ Styles vs. Micheal Elgin vs. Kazuchika Okada:

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

I know PSP REALLY likes Okada, but this is the only time I have ever seen the Rainmaker that actually looks like a finisher. Elgin's a big man for that kind of bump and it works out so very well for the move.

E: holy hell, I fail at grammar.

45ShadesOfDeath fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 25, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

I know PSP REALLY likes Okada, but this is the only time I have ever seen the Rainmaker that actually looks like a finisher. Elgins a big man for that kind of bump and it works out so very well for the movie.

Not to say he hasn't hit some weak-looking ones, but Karl Anderson sells it pretty similar to that most every time. The one he hit on Tanahashi when he first won the IWGP belt looked like death, too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is the part where i lost my poo poo

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DAE bolieve?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Remember, they fired Chris Hero because he was too fat, well that and backstage politic bullshit

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Proof that backstage politics counts for a LOT

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's eerily hypnotic. I imagine slo-moBo Batista has a similar effect.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

What was the backstage politic part of the fat chris hero thing?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

canada jezus posted:

Scott Steiner had the book at the time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

canada jezus posted:

He wouldn't change up his style in the ring and they felt he didn't show any improvements so they cut him.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'll be honest, I think the fact that Bo is a slightly out of shape guy fits his character more but I fully expect them to tell him to bulk up/trim the fat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No mo' slo-mo Bo.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I'll be honest, I think the fact that Bo is a slightly out of shape guy fits his character more but I fully expect them to tell him to bulk up/trim the fat.

Oh totally. That and the fact that his face is almost as off-putting as Summer Rae's makes his gimmick that much better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

canada jezus posted:

Triple H is engaged in a long-game strategy to reform The Kings of Wrestling, teaming with Cesaro and replacing Hero with himself so he can be called The King of Kings of Wrestling.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

KungFu Grip posted:

He wouldn't change up his style in the ring and they felt he didn't show any improvements so they cut him.

Yeah, he's also a lot older than Bo I think, which adds a ticking clock to the equation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H is engaged in a long-game strategy to reform The Kings of Wrestling, teaming with Cesaro and replacing Hero with himself so he can be called The King of Kings of Wrestling.

And both will win KOTR tournaments to become The King of Kings of Kings of Wrestling.

HHH -> KKK
Iron cross logo
#askquestions :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

sticklefifer posted:

And both will win KOTR tournaments to become The King of Kings of Kings of Wrestling.

HHH -> KKK
Iron cross logo
#askquestions :tinfoil:

Triple H already won a king of the ring tourney.

And Cesaro is already the king of swing...

OH MY GOD :aaaaa: