Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apple Jax posted:

Digby might look like he's a ghost, but he's actually a gas entity.

He looks like a sperm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I will be truthful, I dug Move Along Home, and I think I'd have a higher opinion of the series if they went that direction more. You've got a station with a wormhole, have a bunch of alien races stop by.

Instead, we got the interaction between two boring, uninteresting races on this side of the wormhole, and an overwrought conflict with an unimpressive enemy from the other side.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
I just watched Move Along Home last week and I liked it. This is my first time watching any DS9 since it originally aired. That was actually one of the episodes I remembered most clearly--someone a few pages back mentioned that the "Allamarain, count to four..." rhyme gets stuck in your head, and I can attest to that. I definitely remembered it from the original airing. I didn't remember the ending, which did make me laugh. Not the best episode I've seen so far (I'm only about halfway through the first season now) but certainly not a bad one.

lexan fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 24, 2014

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Finished my first complete view of Voyager. It's interesting so bad it hurts. Never again.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

I will be truthful, I dug Move Along Home, and I think I'd have a higher opinion of the series if they went that direction more. You've got a station with a wormhole, have a bunch of alien races stop by.
What's the point of doing a show about a space station if all you're going to do is the same poo poo you do on the show about a space ship?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Crosscontaminant posted:

What's the point of doing a show about a space station if all you're going to do is the same poo poo you do on the show about a space ship?

There is no point. His idea is poorly thought out and would have been far more boring, a waste of a show like Voyager as opposed to what we actually got.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Eww, I finally saw Into Darkness.

Ewwwwwwwwwww why did they just shoot the first draft.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

watch it loop a few times at least

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Apple Jax posted:

Digby might look like he's a ghost, but he's actually a gas entity.

Digby kind of looks like the old Ohio Gas Company mascot.

I'm glad you didn't color him brown.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Whalley posted:

Eww, I finally saw Into Darkness.

Ewwwwwwwwwww why did they just shoot the first draft.

It seemed like every time Cumberbatch spoke, he was trying to unhinge his lower jaw. Like a snake trying to eat a small animal.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mister Kingdom posted:

It seemed like every time Cumberbatch spoke, he was trying to unhinge his lower jaw. Like a snake trying to eat a small animal.
That's because Cumberbatch is actually a Reptiloid.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

this is the one scene that stuck out to me the most in the entire movie

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Cold, dead corpses! :byodood:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Subyng posted:

this is the one scene that stuck out to me the most in the entire movie

Ah, a Denobulan smile! How lovely!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Awkward letters home: Empok Nor

"I regret to inform you your son died in the line of duty. He was stabbed with an engineering tool by our station tailor, after getting a wicked contact high from psychotropic drugs. Our bad. PS: He says he's really sorry."

PS: Best part of the Episode is O'Brian continually wants to split up and get picked off, and even gives a huge pep talk to a dude pointing out it's a bad idea. That gets his neck stepped on until it snaps like a twig. Then he does it again 5 minutes later. Bonus comedy: The whole episode keeps referring to his master strategic mind while displaying the survival strategy of a teenager in a Friday the 13th movie.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 25, 2014

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And the best thing about that is in a later episode, when Nog and Garak are stuck on the uninhabited planet with the stranded Dominion platoon led by a wounded Keevan, Nog refuses to turn his back on Garak under any circumstances because of what happened at Empok Nor - which Garak finds rather encouraging.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vagabundo posted:

And the best thing about that is in a later episode, when Nog and Garak are stuck on the uninhabited planet with the stranded Dominion platoon led by a wounded Keevan, Nog refuses to turn his back on Garak under any circumstances because of what happened at Empok Nor - which Garak finds rather encouraging.

I have to admit, that was a great moment. After years of seeing mind controlled crew members terrorize people in sci-fi, it's nice to see a character remember it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, watching In The Cards I just got the double-edged joke of Jeffery Combs wanting to talk to the mad doctor trying to solve life & death. I didn't even think of it the first time.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I want to go a whole day speaking like Cumberbatch's Khan, enunciating every. Sin. Gle. Syl. La. ble.

kelvron posted:

Looks fun. I'm in.

This, on the other hand, is gonna give me nightmares.
http://bronydukat.tumblr.com

I can't not hear Marc Alaimo's voice reading those out to me.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

V-Men posted:

I came back to this thread out of the hope that Marc Alaimo isn't doing anything big these days so he could pull one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRlVp8pbttA

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Would be better off drinking maple syrup out of a fancy bottle with Casey Biggs.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

hailthefish posted:

Would be better off drinking maple syrup out of a fancy bottle with Casey Biggs.

Now I want him to do a spoof on those wine commercials he's been doing... only in a Cardassian costume, with kanar!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

V-Men posted:

Now I'm just picturing Waltz playing out differently. Dukat ranting about Ponies until Sisko tries to strangle him in desperation.

ED: I couldn't tell at first but that has to be a parody. The horrible glares and eye rolling reaction shots actually make it kind of hilarious.

On a semi-related note, man I wish jandrew still did those edits, this just seems like the setup to one of his videos. Everyone else that tries to copy his style sucks so bad though. [And not just his Trek ones. His Alf ones were gold, too.]

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 25, 2014

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Just watched "The Game" with my girlfriend, who is on her first run-through of TNG. Barely ten minutes in and she says, "I hate this episode!"

Mission accomplished!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I hate the Oculus Rift, too. Your girlfriend... might just be me.

:magical:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
^^^ :heysexy:

Every time Riker "brings something back" from Risa, he just spreads it all over the drat ship.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Speaking of Riker, I watched Defiant whilst eating my lunch today and I still don't quite get why he has removable sideburns. It just seemed so dumb.

Spoiler just incase someone is going through DS9 or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Because it's Thomas, Thomas has a goatee.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah I know, but it just seemed so dumb watching it. I'm not sure why it bothered me so much.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's just a way to differentiate them.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

A van dyck. A goatee is just chin-scruff. Get it right :mad:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah I know, but it just seemed so dumb watching it. I'm not sure why it bothered me so much.

You'd think he'd taken the time to grow a proper beard for the operation, and they used those Velcro beard pieces as the "big reveal." It never bothered me mostly because it makes for some hilarious animated gifs we've seen around here.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Flipswitch posted:

Speaking of Riker, I watched Defiant whilst eating my lunch today and I still don't quite get why he has removable sideburns. It just seemed so dumb.

Spoiler just incase someone is going through DS9 or something.

It's a hilarious gag because goatees are evil in Star Trek, that's about it

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Lefler's Law #106:

CPColin posted:

Every time Riker "brings something back" from Risa, he just spreads it all over the drat ship.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Lefler's Law #106:

That should be added to the OP.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Ah, a Denobulan smile! How lovely!

His ability to smile has been genetically enhanced.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

MisterBibs posted:

Instead, we got the interaction between two boring, uninteresting races on this side of the wormhole, and an overwrought conflict with an unimpressive enemy from the other side.

Please don't troll

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

armoredgorilla posted:

Please don't troll

NO TROLL I

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I have to give them credit for Garrak. Not just the fact he's awesome, but even when you get to know more about him and some things become clear, he stays awesome, even in the end when you've mostly figured him out. Yet at the same time they reveal quite a bit for a character who's main running point is being an enigma.

Really an example of a character that should have been ruined by revealing too much, or getting too much screen time, but beat all the odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Garak worked because he has endless layers. Just by finding out something about him, more questions tend to be raised. Consider finding out Dukat knows him personally, and they loathe one another. No explanation at first, they just exchange disgusted stares, and this kind of explains why Garak was left behind and can never go home; a highly-ranked military officer in this very militaristic culture just does not like him, and that could be well enough on its own. But that's not all there is to the story, and they sure as poo poo don't feed you all of it in one go, so you get to sit there between appearances wondering just what the gently caress is up with Garak. Is he even really a spy, or just messing with people so no one messes with him?

The brilliant part is that Garak really is all of those things while also being exactly what he appears to be. Plain, simple Garak, now a tailor who was once the gardener at the Cardassian embassy on Romulus.

• Locked thread