Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You mentioning that reminds me of the time where they promoted that they allow unprotected chairshots as a reason to like them more than WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

HulkaMatt posted:

You mentioning that reminds me of the time where they promoted that they allow unprotected chairshots as a reason to like them more than WWE.

Remember the time they ran two concussion angles, one serious the other played completely for laughs at the same time?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Remember the time they ran two concussion angles, one serious the other played completely for laughs at the same time?

you mean Future World Champion Eric Young's wacky concussion?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1kI1h_oW4

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That would've been a really cool one off thing to establish Rob Terry as an immortal freak if it wasn't for Orlando Jordan and the fact that an unprotected headshot happened about 3-4 times every Impact.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Has nothing to do with chairshots, but I am reminded of the time it looked like Hernandez had killed Doug Williams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCR5jVgGc9Y&t=113s

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Another Hernandez highlight was his powerbomb on Joey Ryan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShsDzYYwWc

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
What is Joey Ryan up to now anyways

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

joshtothemaxx posted:

What is Joey Ryan up to now anyways

Doing a fun little web series with Candace Larae and uhh

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Can somebody post the gif of Hernandez almost murdering some girl with a border toss into a pool?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Call Me Charlie posted:

Can somebody post the gif of Hernandez almost murdering some girl with a border toss into a pool?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"A wrestling ring isn't a swimming pool... no matter how much you want it to be." - Michael McGillicutty

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Not quite that badly but he hosed it up almost as bad since he somehow can't toss a girl, that maybe weighed about 110 pounds or so so very tiny, more than just barely past the concrete edge of the pool.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Testekill posted:

Not quite that badly but he hosed it up almost as bad since he somehow can't toss a girl, that maybe weighed about 110 pounds or so so very tiny, more than just barely past the concrete edge of the pool.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

gently caress Hernandez

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

What the hell...where's the gif from?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Roman Reigns posted:

What the hell...where's the gif from?
Some music video he appeared in.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Hoo boy that girl was really close to being in a lot of pain.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've always wondered what the hell he was thinking. Did he want to be gentle?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Burt Buckle posted:

Hoo boy that girl was really close to being in a lot of pain.

She was also close to not feeling anything anymore.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Roman Reigns posted:

She was also close to not feeling anything anymore.

Spines are overrated.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Perigryn posted:

Some music video he appeared in.

MVP's music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPY6yTHyaTs

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There's no reason for her being injured to even be a possibility. The director was a loving idiot for filming it that way.

You film Hernandez picking up the girl while they're surrounded by crash mats so if you drop her she doesn't die/ get injured and sue. You then film Hernandez closer to the pool for the toss. Then he tosses her while you've put foam all over the pool edge to minimize the chance of injury.

As it is they're very lucky that Hernandez only came within inches of killing that girl ( Because if they're taking that risk do you really think they had people who knew first AID or even a lifeguard on set?) and being sued into oblivion because that's what could have happened.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

TNA recently gave up about 25% of the space they rent for their corporate office in Nashville, TN. We are told most of the space had been housing the ShopTNA.com merchandise stock, which is now in a separate warehouse.

TNA is teasing the return of the six sided ring, as they have a poll on their website asking fans which they prefer. Most of their six sided rings have been converted to traditional four sided rings.

From PWInsider.

We just need the six sided ring.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The six-sided ring coming back would be more interesting than any change TNA's done since getting rid of it.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Just bring back Hulk Hogan for just one night to cut a "WE TRIED 4 SIDES BUT IT JUST WASN'T CUTTING IT BROTHER!"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

6 sides good, 4 sides bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It wasn't even the 6-sided ring that made TNA worth watching, it was the talent, of which they have hardly any. They're not offering the stuff we don't see in WWE anymore unless they're just offering lovely wrestling and recycled storylines.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's plenty of talent in TNA. If anything TNA has actually gotten younger the last six months. They just don't do anything interesting with the talent or just let them let loose to have great matches like what happens in indies to cover bad writing/booking.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

There's plenty of talent in TNA. If anything TNA has actually gotten younger the last six months. They just don't do anything interesting with the talent or just let them let loose to have great matches like what happens in indies to cover bad writing/booking.

You can get younger and get worse. They lost a lot of older talent that was really good and replaced it with talent that is mostly not as good.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

MassRafTer posted:

You can get younger and get worse. They lost a lot of older talent that was really good and replaced it with talent that is mostly not as good.

Are you saying that Bram and Crazzy Steve aren't the salvation of the company?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is the WCW late-2000 phase of the company. Sure, Hogan is gone but in his wake there is nothing left.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is the WCW late-2000 phase of the company. Sure, Hogan is gone but in his wake there is nothing left.

late-2000 WCW had AJ Styles

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ChampRamp posted:

TNA just got the wolves! But probably a couple years past their expiration date, when there's no one in the company to even wrestle against.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

Air Paris was the real star.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MassRafTer posted:

Air Paris was the real star.

We both know that, but he's been lost to history

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I dunno how you've hung on to hope this long but there's nothing but disappointment ahead so it almost makes me feel bad knowing its coming for you

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope they bring back the six sided ring but it's the baby one.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I hope TNA finally dies with some semblance of dignity before they cripple Kurt Angle for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

If TNA doesn't then PWG, Chikara or some other indie/Japanese promotion will.

• Locked thread