Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

koreban posted:

I, koreban, oath one Veteran Space Marine from Games Workshop (28mm).

First oath, so off we go.
Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:orks101: Oath Complete :orks:

Finished the Trukk today and took some pics, managed to borrow a lightbox. I have included my previous updates here too.

Scrap Trukk:

This is a Conversion of a GW Ork Trukk - http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ork-Trukk - the Driver was swapped to the right hand side, and a crane system was added using a Sentinel Cockpit plus misc plasticard and bitz.

---

Executioner

WIP Pics for the Jurnal

Paints for the Paint God - Parts List

Plus Double the Fun for multiple achievements on one model (WIP Jurnal + Parts List).

---

11 Spanna Boyz

Hopefully the dates are legible enough in these shots, I can read em but that may be my own bias.

Anyway, these guys are Speed Painted and are a Themed Group.

---

Overall, claiming the following:
Jurnal 1 - WIP Shots
Parts List
Double the Fun
Speed Painting
Themed Group
Conversion
Season 5iver

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah, crap! I forgot to post a reminder for new oaths - there's now just over 17 hours remaining to get your oaths posted!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath to paint an Archidon from PP, three islands from GW dreadfleet, and Nasti from Urban Mammoth (28mm) for the month of May.

:siren:OATH ADDITION:siren:

3 more Dreadfleet islands from GW!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Hooray for speed painting! Now I can get back to these Salamanders.

I also had a crack at a couple of extras this month. First up, Speed Painting!

And also Detektuv's Jurnal

First up, the carapace goes on...

Followed by a Nuln Oil wash...

And a little magic! By which I mean reapply the base colour and some highlighting, do some feathering on the carapace etc.

I believe this entitles me to claim Double The Fun for those two, plus Season 5iver for my first Season 5 oath! Right?

Roll on next month!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Zark the Damned posted:

:orks101: Oath Complete :orks:

Finished the Trukk today and took some pics, managed to borrow a lightbox. I have included my previous updates here too.

Scrap Trukk:

This is a Conversion of a GW Ork Trukk - http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ork-Trukk - the Driver was swapped to the right hand side, and a crane system was added using a Sentinel Cockpit plus misc plasticard and bitz.

---

Executioner

WIP Pics for the Jurnal

Paints for the Paint God - Parts List

11 Spanna Boyz

Hopefully the dates are legible enough in these shots, I can read em but that may be my own bias.

Anyway, these guys are Speed Painted and are a Themed Group.

You need to post bigger pictures, 'cause that trukk is pretty bangin'

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Zark the Damned posted:

Seems legible to me! You may also want to make sure I didn't miss any of your points in the spreadsheet.

Fuegan posted:

I believe this entitles me to claim Double The Fun for those two, plus Season 5iver for my first Season 5 oath! Right?

I think so, yes. :)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Oath Complete

WIP screenshots for Jurnl.

Speed Painted
Season 5iver

*Please let me know if I screwed anything up oh god I'm new at this :ohdear:

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
I just realized I'm missing my Season 5-er point, because I am lazy and forgot to post it in my oath post here.

Also- for Fly Your Flag, does the flag have to be custom made, or can the model start with a cool flag that I then paint really nice?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I'm probably going to do some tokens next month, how would I go about is thing that?

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Last May oath: a War Hog, a Road Hog, Midas, and 4 Bone Grinders.:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Mt. ORourke posted:

I just realized I'm missing my Season 5-er point, because I am lazy and forgot to post it in my oath post here.

Also- for Fly Your Flag, does the flag have to be custom made, or can the model start with a cool flag that I then paint really nice?

Fixed. Also, I think we accepted preexisting flags in the oaths last year, so that should work. Krushgroove gets final say, though.

jodai posted:

I'm probably going to do some tokens next month, how would I go about is thing that?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the questions, I'd say 1) take a standard unpainted Oath photo with them, 2) paint them up, and 3) make sure you claim the 'I rolled a 6' Achievement when you post Oath Complete. They function similar to any other painted Oath beyond that.

Red Shoe posted:

You are a machine. :allears:

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
Oh man I'm sliding under the deadline!
I, FROOOOOOOOG Oath various D&D miniatures
Specifically, two lizardmans, a dwarf rogue, and a kobold. (From Reaper minis!)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For a second I thought you wrote your name in permanent marker on your monitor.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Under 15 posted:

You need to post bigger pictures, 'cause that trukk is pretty bangin'

Cheers! I shall try remember not to shrink down my pics too much, bad habits from other forum project logs with stricter rules I guess.

Iris of Ether posted:

Seems legible to me! You may also want to make sure I didn't miss any of your points in the spreadsheet.

I can see total for the month and the individual achievements in their sheets, but the Totals sheet is showing 0 for everyone's one-off scores, I guess it's not yet been hooked up? Thanks for keeping on top of this!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

krushgroove posted:

Ah, crap! I forgot to post a reminder for new oaths - there's now just over 17 hours remaining to get your oaths posted!

Ah, crap! I messed up! TODAY is the deadline, so there's :siren: just under 24 hours remaining to get your oaths in! :siren:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Iris of Ether posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the questions, I'd say 1) take a standard unpainted Oath photo with them, 2) paint them up, and 3) make sure you claim the 'I rolled a 6' Achievement when you post Oath Complete. They function similar to any other painted Oath beyond that.

Oh, I phrased that poorly. What I meant was I will be making some tokens. They'll be made out of little wooden circles, should I just include the base component in the first oath picture?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

jodai posted:

Oh, I phrased that poorly. What I meant was I will be making some tokens. They'll be made out of little wooden circles, should I just include the base component in the first oath picture?

Either way (3D molded surface or freehand tokens), include the base component in the oath picture :)

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
WIP Pictures!

They make look awful in those huge pics, but its just a base coat. Now to drybrush both the grey and brown and do a heavy brown wash over all. That's actually most of the painting, metal bits, black wash on weapons, and then spot colours doesn't take much time.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Zark the Damned posted:

Cheers! I shall try remember not to shrink down my pics too much, bad habits from other forum project logs with stricter rules I guess.

I can see total for the month and the individual achievements in their sheets, but the Totals sheet is showing 0 for everyone's one-off scores, I guess it's not yet been hooked up? Thanks for keeping on top of this!

Correct, I haven't gotten the chance to clean up the final point standings spreadsheets yet. Same thing with some of the prize categories. (Though that's partially because we haven't gotten confirmation on all of them yet.)

No worries! Thanks for helping keep me honest on it. :D

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oath complete!

Below are the pictures of my 36 goblins, goblin town terrain, goblin king, 2 spiders, and 6 dire wolves.

That should include Detektuv Jornal, Parts List, Double the Fun, and Themed Group!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Edited my previous post because I forgot about the username thing. Reposting the pictures here too for ease.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

lovestick posted:

Oath complete!

Below are the pictures of my 36 goblins, goblin town terrain, goblin king, 2 spiders, and 6 dire wolves.

That should include Detektuv Jornal, Parts List, Double the Fun, and Themed Group!

Would it be possible for you to either number the goblins or take another shot of just the 36 goblins? The overlap is making them hard to count.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Sure!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Great, thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: FIVE MINUTES LEFT TO OATH! :siren:

Speaking of which...here's mine!

I, krushgroove, do hereby solemnly oath to paint these 10 Termigaunts from Games Workshop:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

krushgroove posted:

:siren: FIVE MINUTES LEFT TO OATH! :siren:

Speaking of which...here's mine!

I, krushgroove, do hereby solemnly oath to paint these 10 Termigaunts from Games Workshop:

Accepted, of course...(and no, I'm not eligible for points or prizes, the same as Iris of Ether and our judges)

but it's now PAST oathing time, everyone has exactly one week remaining to get their oaths completed!

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Yo, was this accepted? I wouldn't make a thing but I'd like to get started pretty soon.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

:siren:OATH ADDITION:siren:

3 more Dreadfleet islands from GW!

Red Shoe posted:

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

All of these are Accepted as well - sorry, thought I'd got to these in the last day or so!

(and no need to wait for acceptance, just get going and if there are any issues with your oath you'll just be asked to take a picture with your progress so far)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Oath complete!

Also pictured: Scheme Markers for I rolled a 6!

Also: I went back and tweaked my speed-painting submission's base. Does this disqualify it? If not, I'm claiming Double the Fun.
For comparison:

And some more close-ups (Plus a blurry pic I re-took but accidentally uploaded.)
http://imgur.com/a/SF8CY

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Elfface posted:

Oath complete!

Also pictured: Scheme Markers for I rolled a 6!

Also: I went back and tweaked my speed-painting submission's base. Does this disqualify it? If not, I'm claiming Double the Fun.
For comparison:

And some more close-ups (Plus a blurry pic I re-took but accidentally uploaded.)
http://imgur.com/a/SF8CY

First, if you add your username to your photos, you can get an extra point for the month. :)

Second, I don't think I can give you points for I rolled a 6! because your initial Oath didn't include the unpainted markers. (Unless I'm missing some pictures?)

Third, I'll defer to Krushgroove, but I don't think cleaning up your base would disqualify you from the Speed Painting. It's more in the gray area, though.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete!

Step by step, for the journal:

I wanted to do these guys real simple, and they came to me primed black, so I just gave them some blue armor and helmets, drybrushed it (a little too much) a lighter blue, and drybrushed some grey onto the cloth parts.

Then went back and fixed my overdone drybrushing with another layer of blue.

I wanted to do something special for the rail gun, so it got some shoddy OSL.

Basing stuff was already on them too, so it just got a quick swipe of brown.

A dab of red for the eyeballs and on the shoulder as a unit marking, and some metal edges on the guns, and its close enough to done.

Claiming:
Season 5iver!
Journal
Themed Group
Double the Fun

Dagon fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 30, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

And everything I've done this month:

SRM posted:

:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
Command squad's done!

Jurnal:

One of the banner and other banners, sitting pretty in their PSD:

If the second timestamped picture (post-blue wash) and/or the banner PSD screenshot don't work for the Jurnal, I'll figure something else out! However, I would like to claim box art for the Apothecary:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Here is the Jurnal's work in progress shots.

1) Skin and trousers done.

2) Base colours done.

3) Tidying up and doing the "fine" detail.

4) Dipped in army painter.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Oath Complete!

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
OATH COMPLETE

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

I also have a PARTS LIST:

Vallejo MC Royal Blue
Vallejo GC Electric Blue
Vallejo GC Gory Red
Vallejo MC Scarlet
Vallejo MC Mahogany Sand
Vallejo MC Beige Red
Vallejo GC Lich Purple
Vallejo MC Flat Flesh
Vallejo MC Old Gold
Vallejo MC Oily Steel
Vallejo German Camo Med. Brown
Vallejo MC Ivory
Vallejo MC Beige Brown
Vallejo GC Black
Vallejo MC Dark Grey
Vallejo MC London Fog
Citadel Leviathan Purple Wash
Citadel Baal Red Wash
Citadel Gryphonne Sepia Wash
Citadel Ogre Flesh Wash
Citadel Asurman Blue Wash
Citadel Foundation Dheneb Stone
Apoxie Sculpt
Krylon Flat Black Primer

I'm hoping to get better.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Oath Complete!

And for the Jurnal...

Primed/Base coat, and partially assembled.

First camo color (or is it second?), and mostly put together.

Second camo color, plus painted crew, and fully assembled. Not enough skirts to go around, though. For those with sharp eyes, there is a slight modification to a couple of turrets:

Some smart Heer figured it'd be quicker to abandon a stricken tank without the outer set of doors on.

Slap some decals on and we're ready for sealing.

Part's List:

Kits used:
Two boxes GBX79 Plastic Panzer IV H
One blister GE046 Panzer IV H (resin + pewter/white metal)
One set GE942 DAK Decals
Three sets of Battlefront's 5-panel Schurzen sprue (no kit number because it's something you have to special request, can't buy)

Paints:
Flames of War "War Paint" Italian Armour SP09 spray paint as primer/base
Vallejo 882 Middlestone - base coat/ German "Dunkelgelb"
Vallejo 826 German Cam. Medium Brown
Vallejo 888 Olive Grey
Vallejo 830 Ger. Fieldgrey WWII
Vallejo 955 Flat Flesh
DecoArt "Crafter's Acrylic" Black

Other bits:
GaleForce nine Hobby Glue
Micro Sol decal setting solution
Some paint brushes*, a file, tweezers, sprue cutter, knife.

*RIP: had to toss one of my fine/detail brushes after I finished painting the panzers. Will have to pick another up.

Calling, INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL, + Part's List, = Double the Fun, and an entry for Themed Group,

tweekinator posted:

I'm hoping to get better.

Me, too. And perhaps to save some coin for an airbrush.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
May Oath Complete

Foolishly only took 2 WIP pictures. Oh well, no Jurnal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

Well, I nae cannae earn any points this season (as I’m resting to pass judgment on the rest of y’all), but I reckoned I’d get the occasional oath in now and again for a show of solidarity.

Therefore… OATH COMPLETE!!! This is (obviously) terrain, and if I got points I’d be claiming parts list and the journal.

The large swamp (with some figures for scale)

The small swamp (+scale shot)

The gravestones (with figs)

The gravestones with some broken stone walls for a dilapidated little cemetery/

Here’s the process I’ve been using for a lot of this terrain. Colors are the same. First, I prime with Krylon Black Primer. Next, I do a thick brush of Ceramcoat Burnt Umber. Nice and heavy, though with a bit of black showing through in the recesses.

Next, the same thing with Ceramcoat Autumn Brown. This time a touch lighter.

Again, this time with Craftsmart Terra Cotta. I find that the red hue in Terra Cotta gives the brown a nice, warm, vibrant feel.

Last (very light) dry brushing with Ceramcoat Trail Tan provides that final highlight and tones down the Terra Cotta a touch.

Next, I hit the rocks and the larger pieces of rubble with Ceramcoat Black.

Drybrush the stones with Ceramcoat Hippo Grey.

Final drybrush highlight with Ceramcoat White.

There’s some different schools of thought on water effects. For my part, I went with the underpainting + ttransparent water effects. I like the effect, but still want to experiment more. I paint the recesses with Citadel Loren Forest and stipple the depths of the pool with Black.

Finally, for the water, I used Envirotex Lite with some Citadel Green and Brown Ink mixed in. To finish it off, I used tufts cut from a cheap chip brush for the reeds and GF9 Static Grass (Dead Grass).

• Locked thread