Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Who shot Bryan Habanna? :{

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I dunno how you're supposed to compete with Toulon's squad, they bring World Cup winners off the bench after the World Cup winners that were beating you for an hour have gotten a bit tired.

Happy for Jonny though.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
And so ends the Heineken Cup.I may not be a big fan of the new competition,but I'm just glad there is one.Hopefully it continues to have the great matches that we saw over the last 15 years.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Japan have won the Asian Five Nations, and qualified for the World Cup.

Pool A
Australia
England
Wales
Fiji or Cook Islands
Repechage Winner

Pool B
South Africa
Samoa
Scotland
Japan
USA

Pool C
New Zealand
Argentina
Tonga
Georgia
Uganda / Namibia/ Madagascar / Botswana

Pool D
France
Ireland
Italy
Canada
Romania

-

I was hoping to get tickets for Canada vs Japan, but that's not happening, thanks to :patriot: America :patriot:. Japan vs USA is being held close to Wales, though, so that might be the one match I vehemently try and get to. Is anyone else still seriously planning to get to one of the matches?

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Hahah I knew this would happen

It's only pocket change

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Finally the Blues have stopped me hanging on by ensuring they can't possibly make the play-offs.

Thanks guys! If you had won this weekend I might still be agonizing over the upcoming matches now I can watch them anxiety free.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The English RFU have successfuly blocked players employed at English clubs from playing in the Trial Match, and several of the best players from 'The Possibles' team have disappeared from the face of the earth, leaving them with a terrible back line, and only one tight-head prop. Instead of calling up Hanno Dirkssen or Cai Griffiths, they've apparantly just going to roll with it?

The Possibles team almost looks farcical now, but they've sold 16,000 tickets already, the match is being televised on the BBC, and when I drove past the stadium this morning, the ticket office queue was winding around the stadium :psyduck:

15. Liam Williams (Scarlets)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues)
13. Jonathan Davies (Scarlets)
12. Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro)
11. Jordan Williams (Scarlets)
10. Dan Biggar (Ospreys)
09. Mike Phillips (Racing Metro)
01. Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues)
02. Ken Owens (Scarlets)
03. Adam Jones (Ospreys)
04. Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys)
05. Luke Charteris (Perpignan)
06. Josh Turnbull (Scarlets)
07. Aaron Shingler (Scarlets)
08. Taulupe Faletau (Dragons)

Replacements : Scott Baldwin, Aaron Jarvis, Samson Lee, Lewis Evans, Josh Navidi, Rhodri Williams, Sam Davies, Dafydd Hewitt.

-

15. Dan Fish (Cardiff Blues)
14. Kristian Phillips (Scarlets)
13. Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues)
12. Steven Shingler (Scarlets)
11. Harry Robinson (Cardiff Blues)
10. James Hook (Perpignan)
09. Gareth Davies (Scarlets)
01. Rob Evans (Scarlets)
02. Matthew Rees (Cardiff Blues)
03. Rhodri Jones (Scarlets)
04. Jake Ball (Scarlets)
05. Ian Evans (Ospreys)
06. Andrew Coombs (Dragons)
07. Ellis Jenkins (Cardiff Blues)
08. Dan Baker (Ospreys)

Replacements : Kristian Dacey , Owen Evans , Scott Andrews, Macauley Cook, James Davies, Lloyd Williams, Matthew Morgan, Jonathan Spratt.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Everyone likes watching a car crash.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Looking at the Pool Australia is in compared to New Zealand's makes me sad.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Looking at the Pool Australia is in compared to New Zealand's makes me sad.

The Quarter Finals will be strictly made up of :

Pool A vs Pool B
Pool C vs Pool D

Whoever wins The Group Of Death actually has the easiest possible route to the finals.

Unless another NH team causes a huge upset against a SH team, then whoever comes second in the group has to go through South Africa, then somehow beat New Zealand, in order to qualify for a grand final against whichever Pool A team they lost to in the first place.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I heard Stuart Hogg has been left out of the Glasgow squad for the final.Do any Glasgow fans know why?I would have thought he'd be a definite starter.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Swan Curry posted:

I heard Stuart Hogg has been left out of the Glasgow squad for the final.Do any Glasgow fans know why?I would have thought he'd be a definite starter.

Not sure, potentially he's still recovering from an injury and just isn't match fit (the ban might not have helped) or that the rumours of him moving in the summer could be true and Glasgow are sitting him out. Which isn't a great reason to leave out an international player of his calibre but Glasgow have done well without him so far that they may not feel too worried about it.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Looking forward to the first of the championship finals tonight, really hoping that Bristol can get a win away tonight, making the latter half next week more enjoyable for fans. It's been 5 long years since we played in the prem and I can remember the day we went down like it was yesterday. And then the season after that loosing in the finals to Exeter.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Looke posted:

Looking forward to the first of the championship finals tonight, really hoping that Bristol can get a win away tonight, making the latter half next week more enjoyable for fans. It's been 5 long years since we played in the prem and I can remember the day we went down like it was yesterday. And then the season after that loosing in the finals to Exeter.

I'd like Bristol back too. West country best country.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
There's lots of quality, likeable players in the possibles team, but my god they're gonna get hammered

Disappointed there's not a few more Dragons in there. Shame Prydie got injured, and I'd have loved to see Tovey sneak in there.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Swan Curry posted:

He's played like 2 games in since the 6 Nations thanks to suspension and injury. He's not likely to be match fit/sharp. His replacement Murchie is a safe pair hands and has been in good form.

There's rumours about a move to Ulster but he's got another year on his contract.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I was going to mention the rumors of Hogg to Ulster (Which would potentially free up Jared Payne to move to 13 full time) which followed some dubious reports he was spotted in Belfast a couple of weeks ago, but he has time left on his contract and I don't think it'll happen.

Probably just Glasgow not wanting to risk playing him over players that have been in good form for them up until this point.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

There's also the possibility he's being left out because something really did kick off between him and Matawalu after the Zebre game. He did look extremely angry and I reckon he has more of a hot temper than is being revealed.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
To be fair, I think the reason he looked so furious is because Matawalu nearly hosed up scoring that try instead of just letting Hogg touch down safely. I'd be fairly pissed if they had missed that try because of a daft race to score it that ended up with Niko sliding head-first into the barrier at the end. Up until very recently, Hogg has displayed little anger issues on the field (this includes his stupid actions that got him sent off) so I doubt it's that.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Super Rugby 2014: My pool :qq:

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Mister Chief posted:

Super Rugby 2014: My pool :qq:

I went on vacation for two weeks and didn't really active manage my team and of course had the two best weeks I've had for the entire season...now that I'm back and actively involved I've reversed the trend :negative:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Highlanders v Reds is looking pretty good so far :getin:

e: hold on to the ball son

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 30, 2014

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

Highlanders v Reds is looking pretty good so far :getin:

That try:laugh:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

butros posted:

That try:laugh:

I know! Usually Genia's kicking leaves me feeling like I just watched an old man take a poo poo, but sometimes good things happen I guess.

Also, Harris and Woodward are the best Kiwis kickers in Aussie SR this year it seems...

e: I am a stupid bitter man, Genia's kicking is obviously sublime.

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 30, 2014

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

If the Reds lose, I think Horwill should blame the ref again.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Pretty poo poo call disallowing that try.

e: even more so now.

butros fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 30, 2014

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

butros posted:

Pretty poo poo call disallowing that try.

Yeah, agreed. But still stupid of Fekitoa taking the player out like that, gave the ref an excuse.

fake edit: this is a great game!

real edit: holy gently caress this game :getthefuckin:

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 30, 2014

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Who the gently caress kicked it at the Reds at 79:50?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Who the gently caress kicked it at the Reds at 79:50?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Off to The Wales Trial Match. It's being televised on BBC 2, and streamed on the BBC's Rugby website, so nobody has to miss out on the trainwreck!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The shaming is about to begin. I, for one, am excited to see if anyone tries to kill their opposite number to ensure a place on the tour.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The possibles are just going to get obliterated aren't they. The first 15 have pretty much all got their jerseys locked down, so not only are they way better in every position but they've played together so many times they know exactly how to play together. If they wanted to learn anything about individual players they should have mixed it up a bit; even Scarlets/Ospreys vs Dragons/Blues or something (actually maybe not because the 'East' would get tanked).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's not really a contest. Doesn't even look like an unbalanced club match.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Loads of dumb little things being done by the guys who were set up to lose.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
At 29-0 down the possibles should forget about getting into the test side by playing well and just start kicking lumps out of their opposite numbers instead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me, they scored.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Haha Adam Jones gutted he's still gotta play in this shitshow for another 15 minutes.

'How long left ref?'

'15'

'Really?! :('

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love him. Half the noises you hear him make on ref mic seem to be weird little squeaks.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
'Well Warren, what did you learn about your players in this trial?'

'errr...that Mike Phillips has no idea how to play number 8'

'...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Shambles.

• Locked thread