Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Welp, apparently I won a SteelSeries kit (5H, QcK+, Rival, Apex keyboard) from the charity event.

Edit: holy poo poo, that keyboard looks ridiculous. :allears:

Smol fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Same as how I grip my dick thanks for asking.

Didn't know you had trouble finding your mouse. Should buy a bigger one.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

NICE

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Smol posted:

Welp, apparently I won a SteelSeries kit (5H, QcK+, Rival, Apex keyboard) from the charity event.

Edit: holy poo poo, that keyboard looks ridiculous. :allears:
...I hate you.

The Apex was one of the keyboards that I was looking at when I got my new one, but I wanted the newer one that was backlit and had some extra poo poo but it was super expensive (edit: which it doesn't appear to be anymore, loving hell, I wish I had waited). I'd kill for the headset, though.

Congrats.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Xenaero posted:

Didn't know you had trouble finding your mouse. Should buy a bigger one.

No I mean with my hand, nerd.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Coleman posted:

...I hate you.

The Apex was one of the keyboards that I was looking at when I got my new one, but I wanted the newer one that was backlit and had some extra poo poo but it was super expensive (edit: which it doesn't appear to be anymore, loving hell, I wish I had waited). I'd kill for the headset, though.

Congrats.

Why that keyboard in particular? I think I'd rather get one of their mechanical keyboards.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Smol posted:

Why that keyboard in particular? I think I'd rather get one of their mechanical keyboards.

I have a thing for backlit keyboards, that and I like the idea of pinky side macro keys, since I never use my F keys, it's always seemed convenient. The 6Gv2 was on my list as well, but like I said, I like the backlighting.

Ottsky
Nov 16, 2012
Shout out to the "Don't reload nerd, you'll live longer" crowd, for funding this stupid ace on cache in MM:

http://youtu.be/dl-guEqZ1Cw

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
We could be playing a superior game..

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Coleman posted:

I have a thing for backlit keyboards, that and I like the idea of pinky side macro keys, since I never use my F keys, it's always seemed convenient. The 6Gv2 was on my list as well, but like I said, I like the backlighting.

Say what you will about Razer, but the blackwidow ultimate has both backlighting and pinky side macro keys, and mine has held up like a tank.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ottsky posted:

Shout out to the "Don't reload nerd, you'll live longer" crowd, for funding this stupid ace on cache in MM:

http://youtu.be/dl-guEqZ1Cw

That smoke grenade. :allears:

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Amber Alert posted:

Say what you will about Razer, but the blackwidow ultimate has both backlighting and pinky side macro keys, and mine has held up like a tank.
I actually really like Razer, always have, I had a Razer Lycosa for like 5 years, but when I was looking into new ones, I heard some bad things about the Blackwidow. I ended up getting a Corsair K70.

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
Cases never again. At least not on a large scale, I'll probably shell out for a key when I get a case drop now and then. $200-300 spent on cases + keys, I don't know the exact number but luck was certainly not on my side. I ended up just buying the skins I really wanted and called it a day, which I highly recommend for anyone to do rather than gambling it away. That aside, I love my skins and ever since I bought them I guess I could say I'm "emotionally invested" in the game now. :v:

I love how big and popular the game has become. CS has been apart of my life since I was ~12 back when HL2 released and have probably spent 1000+ hours on source. 20-30k viewers on tournament streams on twitch, daily concurrent players on steam hitting 100k, its insane. But as an Aussie, it really is depressing being confined to the limited player pool that is Austalia/NZ. Its not so much of a problem when it comes to MMOs or RTS's, latency is not as big of an issue and playing with/against NA/EU players is fine. While I love those genres, FPS has always been my number one preference, its also the most ping dependent genre when it comes to online play. There's just so much momentum going on in EU/NA when it comes to CS:GO and I feel like I'm missing out. Its not uncommon to see the same people in consecutive matches through out the night, and god help you if you queue up before or after prime time, silvers getting matched with eagles is not a rare occurence.

I'm currently eagle 1 but I have no idea what the equivalent rank that is compared to EU or US, I've always wondered whether Aussies as a whole are better or worse FPS players than the rest of the world. We'll never know until global ping somehow gets reduced <100 ms, I'd be surprised if it happened in my lifetime, and if it did I'd be an old man. That being said, Sydney to LA is currently ~130-150 ms which is actually not that bad, fingers crossed in 10-20 years the tech arrives.

Hurp Durp Master fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 25, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Cases never again. At least not on a large scale, I'll probably shell out for a key when I get a case drop now and then. $200-300 spent on cases + keys, I don't know the exact number but luck was certainly not on my side. I ended up just buying the skins I really wanted and called it a day, which I highly recommend for anyone to do rather than gambling it away. That aside, I love my skins and ever since I bought them I guess I could say I'm "emotionally invested" in the game now. :v:

The only reason you should be unlocking crates is because you want Valve to continue working on CS.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Aussies have always had a fairly respectable national scene. In reality, no scene is held back by lack of natural talent, at least not to a significant extent. It just depends on how well coordinated and how upwardly mobile players are allowed to be. If Australia could compete against other large scenes it would probably do OK for itself, but it is geographically hamstringed for the foreseeable future, sadly. France and Sweden have prestigious national LANs and active national leagues, and this pays off quite obviously. The only exception I care to think of is Germany, who have everything going for them yet seem perpetually to never be able to make good.

I always envisioned the Aussie scene as similar to the UK, but less terrible. VoxE have looked pretty good at international showings, but you can't bridge the gap that praccing against better/equal teams gives Europe. Even a massive scene like the US is not able to do it. Competition fosters quality, most of the time.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Hurp Durp Master posted:

That being said, Sydney to LA is currently ~130-150 ms which is actually not that bad, fingers crossed in 10-20 years the tech arrives.

I thought this was an interesting math problem so I'll let you know that the speed of light defines the best possible ping from Sydney to LA as 80ms as the crow flys. The underwater cables don't take a straight line, you're probably going to Fiji and then to Hawaii and of course each router has to do a little bit of processing on your packets which adds time. Basically my point is that 130-150ms is an excellent ping and won't get much better.

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

I thought this was an interesting math problem so I'll let you know that the speed of light defines the best possible ping from Sydney to LA as 80ms as the crow flys. The underwater cables don't take a straight line, you're probably going to Fiji and then to Hawaii and of course each router has to do a little bit of processing on your packets which adds time. Basically my point is that 130-150ms is an excellent ping and won't get much better.

We'll get that 80ms some day dammit. Some day. :smith:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm really god drat impressed you're getting 120ms in Australia anyway. I remember getting loving poo poo 250ms when I had crap DSL last decade.

The thing that sucks is that even if we got to 80ms for Aussies everyone else would be at 5-10ms so you'd still be at a disadvantage.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I'm really god drat impressed you're getting 120ms in Australia anyway. I remember getting loving poo poo 250ms when I had crap DSL last decade.

The thing that sucks is that even if we got to 80ms for Aussies everyone else would be at 5-10ms so you'd still be at a disadvantage.

The great thing is that e.Australia to west coast is 130~ average whereas we get about twice that the other way around because of dumb wiring.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Ping is no excuse. :unsmigghh:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kcer posted:

Ping is no excuse. :unsmigghh:

Yeah, if anything, it gives you a temporary bullet shield on stateside servers against most players.

borf
Apr 5, 2006

teagone posted:

Yeah, if anything, it gives you a temporary bullet shield on stateside servers against most players.

This is true, as long as you don't mind people yelling "Get real loving internet you Brazilian gently caress" every game. (Of course this is my first reaction every time I die to someone blinking in and out of existence)

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

borf posted:

This is true, as long as you don't mind people yelling "Get real loving internet you Brazilian gently caress" every game. (Of course this is my first reaction every time I die to someone blinking in and out of existence)

casual racism is awesome!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

down with slavery posted:

agreed

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

agreed

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

agreedo

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Another really low quality frag video but it was the funniest in mumble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHiIw4QWq0

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Brazillians aren't a race.

They're a loving disease

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Bolow posted:

Brazillians aren't a race.

They're a loving disease

no hue

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Nothing more powerful and awesome than a p90 anti-eco ace at banana

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

mcvey posted:

Nothing more powerful and awesome than a p90 anti-eco ace at banana

look closer

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

John DiFool posted:

look closer

looked closer, still looks like a guy gets a 4k on t eco round at banana with a p90

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

harrygomm posted:

looked closer, still looks like a guy gets a 4k on t eco round at banana with a p90

look even closer.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!

Phiberoptik posted:

What? It's fine. Just don't get too upset if you lose. If you want to play competitive style CS, you need to practice on it. Or goonman. but that's not available 24/7.

I solo queued like 30 games when I started playing again and did just fine.

It's not that, it's just the scrub lords that play this mode you get teamed up with are incredibly bad and the ranks are hilariously inaccurate at best. I find it's much more fun to play on normal servers with better tick rates and better players.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

look even closer.

why not just say what the gently caress is going on instead of typing this retarded upworthy level poo poo

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

look even closer.

Eh it was a 4k, one of them got umped. I just posted it because we thought it was really funny as it happened

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Goofballs posted:

Eh it was a 4k, one of them got umped. I just posted it because we thought it was really funny as it happened

look even closer.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Incursus posted:

It's not that, it's just the scrub lords that play this mode you get teamed up with are incredibly bad and the ranks are hilariously inaccurate at best. I find it's much more fun to play on normal servers with better tick rates and better players.

Normal servers as in ESEA/altpug/ESL/etc pugs? I'm not sure there are many pub pug servers out there like 1.6 had. Unless you're talking about private 10mans like Goonmen.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
He means pubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Buy scripts were more necessary back in 1.x, since ammo wasn't automatic.

I am part of the keyboard manual buy master race now, but I should probably get at least a grenade/kit script because manually fullbuying takes :effort: and sometimes I gently caress up and buy the wrong weapon when I have to play Flight of the Bumblebee on my keyboard.

Will this work?
bind "KP_1" "buy smokegrenade; buy flashbang; buy defuser; buy flashbang; buy hegrenade"

• Locked thread