Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

pharmas moves

1.) swap Hanley for Ripken

end moves

Suspect you needn't worry about continued success since Musial is about to crumble and olerud isn't hitting. Before long I will have to break my fairly useful dh platoon, and I doubt rick Honeycutt continues to toss zeroes.

Still, pretty happy with the turnaround. It's no thunder streak, but it'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Symphony

The Symphony select old friend 1917 Claude Hendrix. The CERN Colliders are on the clock.

Stash Hendrix in the minors for now.

Lineup change: Pending a proper ratings challenge, replace Daniels with Tim Raines in all lineups.

Trade bait:

The Symphony are looking to move one of our non-Pete starting pitchers for help at 2B, outfield, or relief.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

The Colliders will take 2006 Chipper Jones and immediately start him at 3B, batting in the lineup in front of Ryne Sandberg.

The EasyW's are on the clock

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

mrnoun posted:

Trade bait:
The Symphony are looking to move one of our non-Pete starting pitchers for help at 2B, outfield, or relief.

I have this strong urge to unite as many Roy Halladays as possible, and the Tornados have plenty of SL-caliber outfielders. What would it take to get your 2008 Halladay?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
The W's draft Shoeless Joe Jackson, 1910. Platoon him with Al Simmons for the moment, Cabrera drops to the minors.

Marauder is up!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

CFBalla posted:

I have this strong urge to unite as many Roy Halladays as possible, and the Tornados have plenty of SL-caliber outfielders. What would it take to get your 2008 Halladay?

Roy Halladay is an important part of my team. However, I could never refuse a man's desire for multiple copies of a player. What outfielders would you be willing to part with? Would you go someone like Speaker? Or are we talking a lesser outfielder, with something like a reliever thrown in?

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

mrnoun posted:

Roy Halladay is an important part of my team. However, I could never refuse a man's desire for multiple copies of a player. What outfielders would you be willing to part with? Would you go someone like Speaker? Or are we talking a lesser outfielder, with something like a reliever thrown in?

Speaker is a cornerstone in my team right now, so I don't feel any compulsion to part with him unless it was a true SL ace that was coming my way. Therefore, keeping in line with the 2nd option you mentioned, I will offer you one of Billy Hamilton, Joe Kelley, or Albert Belle along with a reliever of your choice that isn't named Fingers or Jansen. Both Hamilton and Kelley have had very successful seasons both in the SL and with the Tornados, while Belle gives you the opportunity for more power that the Smiths haven't done for you so far.

CFBalla fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 26, 2014

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mrnoun posted:

Trade bait:

I have OF's galore and am interested in Pedro or Doc. Some combination of Paul Waner, Harry Heilmann, and Roger Clemens interest you for Pedro? Or hell, all three?

Or one of the two OF's for Halladay?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

mrnoun posted:

Trade bait:

Don Sutton. I wish to acquire him. (Sam Crawford, Jose Canseco, Frank Howard), (Mike Henneman, Jim Scott, Danny Darwin). Pick 3, 2 from 1 parenthetical segment and 1 from the other.

WinAmps Business

Batting Orders!

vs RHP
Cobb LH
Lajoie RH
Ruth LH
Foxx RH
Mathews LH
HartnettRH
Ott LH
Bonds LH
Larkin RH

vs LHP
Lajoie RH
Cobb LH
Foxx RH
Ruth LH
Bonds LH
HartnettRH
Ott LH
Larkin RH
Bell RH

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

While better players are available, none are closer to my heart than

Whitey Ashburn.

Smasher, please rest Bonds and Boudreau with Snider and Lloyd, thanks.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

The spitter is grandfathered into Premodern base-ball.

Smasher, please send down Connor and Utley. Alomar sits on the bench in the bigs. Start Grich at 2B, call up and start Kelley at 1B.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Smasher - Some lineup changes

I am all :ohdear: because we need to keep the hot streak going, but everyone is sore and tired and poo poo. Let's do what we can, some free air is coming up.

Switch the defensive positions of Rodger Hornsby and Gehringer against LHP only.
Move Mathews down to hitting 9th vs RHP
Set the personal catcher orders of my pitchers as follows:

SP 1: Hartnett
SP 2: Simmons
SP 3: Hartnett
SP 4: Simmons
SP 5: Hartnett

Hopefully that gets the better hitter a few more at bats without breaking him.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

What an outstanding loving week. I knew Eric the Red was a true devotee of Coburn. Great saga of the Generics.

We recognize a kindred spirit in

Junior Griffey.

Beet and the drat Pirates are up.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

theacox if I could send you private messages I would but as I can not I will just link you what I came up with and you can go hog wild with any edits and post it as our final everything.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9O032KK_jM

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Somebody talk me out of changing stadiums from relatively-neutral Tropicana into the Dinger Cemetery with the world's most cavernous outfield. Bullpen's losing games left and right and I'm blaming HRs, while my offense is no longer built to contribute said home runs.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

oldskool posted:

Somebody talk me out of changing stadiums from relatively-neutral Tropicana into the Dinger Cemetery with the world's most cavernous outfield. Bullpen's losing games left and right and I'm blaming HRs, while my offense is no longer built to contribute said home runs.

Go with the Dinger Cemetery, then trade me Albert Pujols. I have contact hitting OF's and catchers. And Roger Clemens! Trade with me please.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

oldskool posted:

Your pitching isn't exactly super dinger giving up, and do you have the speed on the basepaths? Speed becomes a huge advantage in that enviroment because a well hit flyball can be an inside the park home run or triple - which is still bad for your bullpen.

I'd suggest adding a dome to cut the HRs and not massively increase the double/triple rate at the same time.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

oldskool posted:

I don't know how it would help. Let's think about your three division rivals:

Rockford Losers
Have more sluggers than yours, but also have a center fielder with a ton more range, and pitchers who would thrive a lot more than your bunch by getting to play in the Dinger Cemetery. So, it wouldn't help you against the Losers.

Rochester Generics
Leaving aside the rather pressing point that if you need special tricks to beat the Generics than you're probably hosed anyway, they have exactly one guy with double-digit home runs on your team, and he only has ten. So, taking away the home run doesn't really help them, but it's not going to hurt them much either.

Coburns
Yeah, the Coburns' hitting is scary, and they do hit bunches of home runs, but their offense, to a larger extent, gets by thanks to having a sky-high OBP, fueled both by good contact hitting and drawing scads of walks. Moving the fences out isn't going to change either of those things.

In summary, while I understand your concern, your plan isn't going to help your team.

Might save the Generics, though.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oldskool posted:

That would be an offense against the gods that is both unnatural and unholy. Such a horrific sin would make you my greatest foe, even greater than the dingerless ones, and a foe that I would do anything to defeat. Do it, and you have made an unending enemy, and one that will do everything in it's power to defeat you, and bring back goodness to the world.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

New plan: sliders!

Hit and Run 1
Sacrifice Bunt -5
Squeeze Play -5
Trying for extra bases 2
Stealing Bases 1
Aggressively Tagging Up 1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases) -3
Giving Intentional Walks -5
Pitching Around Good Hitters -5
Bringing the Infield In 5
Guarding the Lines 5
Making Cutoff Throws 3
Bringing in Pinch Hitters 0
Bringing in Pinch Runners -5
Bringing in Defensive Replacements -5
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest -5
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts 0

Hopefully leaving the starters in with high pitch counts & letting them pitch through trouble will help, but in the Dynamo they're going to get pulled for pinch hitters anyway so there's not a ton I can do in that regard. Realistically I need to revamp my bullpen with groundball guys but that's going to take ages of wasting draft picks on relievers.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

Huh, five game losing streak. No big deal though. Looks like I made it back in time to get some roster moves in before the sim, so please put Rickey back in left. Then, with my conveniently timed draft pick, I will select 1993 Mike Stanton, a one-time Dubai Dervish and put him in Dave LaRoche's spot in the bullpen.

Back to you, SilverGunSuperman.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Colliding Crows!

Stadium: The Fabulous Baker Bowl

code:
# Colliding Crows

martipe02,2004
planked01,1911
martipe02,1997
mussimi01,1999
clemero02,2002
nenro01,1997
nenro01,1996
burketi01,1998
reardje01,1989
gordoto01,1997
spahnwa01,1953
giambja01,2002
lajoina01,1902
jonesch06,1995
trammal01,1987
ramirma02,2004
ortizda01,2004
jeterde01,2002
kellyki01,1887
ruthba01,1915
combsea01,1927
ruthba01,1927
schanwa01,1915
meusebo01,1927
pafkoan01,1953
Starting Rotation:

01.) SP 2004 Pedro Martinez
02.) SP 1911 Eddie Plank
03.) SP 1997 Pedro Martinez
04.) SP 1999 Mike Mussina
05.) SP 2002 Roger Clemens

06.) CL 1997 Robb Nen
07.) SU 1996 Robb Nen
08.) SR 1988 Tim Burke
09.) SR 1989 Jeff Reardon
10.) MR 1997 Tom Gordon
11.) LR 1953 Warren Spahn

Infield/DH

12.) 1B 2002 Jason Giambi
13.) 2B 1911 Nap Lajoie
14.) 3B 1995 Chipper Jones
15.) SS 1987 Alan Trammell
16.) DH 2004 Manny Ramirez

2 Backups:

17.) 1B 2004 David Ortiz
18.) SS 2002 Derek Jeter

Outfield/Catcher

19.) C 1887 King Kelly
20.) LF 1915 Babe Ruth
21.) CF 1927 Earle Combs
22.) RF 1927 Babe Ruth

Backups

23.) C 1915 Wally Schang
24.) LF 1927 Bob Meusel
25.) OF 1953 Andy Pafko

Lineups -

vs. RHP

1. 2B Nap Lajoie (R)
2. SS Alan Trammell (R)
3. LF Babe Ruth (L)
4. RF Babe Ruth (L)
5. CF Earle Combs (L)
6. DH Manny Ramirez (R)
7. 1B Jason Giambi (L)
8. C King Kelly (R)
9. 3B Chipper Jones (S)

vs. RHP no DH

1. 2B Nap Lajoie (R)
2. SS Alan Trammell (R)
3. LF Babe Ruth (L)
4. RF Babe Ruth (L)
5. CF Earle Combs (L)
6. 1B Jason Giambi (L)
7. C King Kelly (R)
8. 3B Chipper Jones (S)
9. P

vs. LHP

1. 2B Nap Lajoie (R)
2. SS Derek Jeter (R)
3. LF Babe Ruth (L)
4. DH Manny Ramirez (R)
5. RF Babe Ruth (L)
6. CF Earle Combs (L)
7. 1B Jason Giambi (L)
8. C King Kelly (R)
9. 3B Chipper Jones (S)

vs. LHP no DH

1. 2B Nap Lajoie (R)
2. SS Derek Jeter (R)
3. LF Babe Ruth (L)
4. RF Babe Ruth (L)
5. CF Earle Combs (L)
6. Jason Giambi (L)
7. C King Kelly (R)
8. 3B Chipper Jones (S)
9. P

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5) -

Hit and Run: -2
Sacrifice Bunt: -2
Squeeze Play: -2
Trying for extra bases: 0
Stealing Bases: -2
Aggressively Tagging Up: -2
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +1
Giving Intentional Walks: -2
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +1 (late)
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +1 (late)
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +1 (late)
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -3
Letting pitchers pitch through trouble: +1
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: -1

Hulkamatt

I went with Giambi over Ortiz only because of slightly less horrifying defense. We will roll with the Trammell/Jeter platoon and see what happens. I slightly modified a couple of the pitching sliders, but it will likely make very little difference. Other than that, everything is the same.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Tag Teams With Finished Rosters
Monateam
Knights of Corruption
Rock 'n Bock Connection
El Genericos
The WinAmps
New Worst Symphony
Anarcho-Capitalism, LLC
Magic Mushrooms
Twin Cities Triad
Colliding Crows

Tag Teams Without Finished Rosters
Everyone else

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Week 13 Injury Report

Coburns
Barry Bonds (LF) (All-Star Break Starts Early!) - 15 days

Glastonbury Knights
John Henry Johnson (RP) (Well they took John Henry to the DL/And buried him as deep as they can/And every S-L owner that comes readin' by/Says there lies a middle relievin' man! Oh lord!/There lies a middle relievin' man.) - 33 days

Khartoum Doom
McFreeze (Owner) (IF HE DOESN'T GET HIS poo poo TOGETHER AND BEAT THE FERRETS!) - Forever!

New World Symphony
Dizzy Dean (SP) (Payment Due on an Long-Outstanding Note) - 31 days

Philadelphia Premodernists
Roy Halladay (SP) (Into every season, a little Denny Rainwater must fall) - 17 days

Rochester Generics
Eddie Collins (2B) (Rockford's Response to Rochester's Motion for Summary Demotion of the Losers!) - 85 days

Rockford Losers
Frank Robinson (OF) (Rochester's Reply to Rockford's Response to Rohcester's Motion for Summary Demotion of the Losers!) - 86 days

Pick 'em: Immemorial Day!

Intercontinental, Heavyweight, and Larkin-Downing Championships
Philadelphia Premodernists (c) @ Rockford Losers

Hardcore and Television Championships
South Bolton Eazy W's (c) @ Walney Rakers

Canadian Championship
Fhloston Pharmas (c) @ Oklahoma City Bombers

United States Championship
Rochester Generics @ Coburns (c)

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.
Pick 'em: All champs retain

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mcfreeze dun got told.

Also: you did exactly what I would have done with the John Henry injury. I'd never heard of the ballplayer before. Awesome.

All champs lose!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick 'Em: Champs retain.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Pick 'em: Bombers win, all other champs retain.

McFreeze hurry up and do better.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
<@Ricky_Steambot> i must destroy craigk

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

ForeverBWFC

RNG God is now a right-handed starting pitcher.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Canadian Championship

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Oklahoma City Bombers all other retain.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

:ohdear:

gently caress You

code:
LF  Ted Williams    willite01   1942
CF  Mickey Mantle   mantlmi01   1960
RF  Babe Ruth       ruthba01    1918
OF  Bob Johnson     johnsbo01   1934
OF  Carlos Lee???   leeca01     2000
C   Bill Dickey     dickebi01   1936
C   Wally Schang    schanwa01   1918
code:
1B  Buck Leonard
2B  Lou Whitaker    whitalo01   1987
SS  The MACHINE    
3B  Frankie Frisch  friscfr01   1924
DH  Babe Ruth       ruthba01    1925
IF  Joe Cronin      cronijo01   1935
IF  Ray Dandridge
code:
SP  Rube Waddell    wadderu01   1902
SP  Mordecai Brown  brownmo01   1910
SP  Noodles Hahn    hahnno01    1902
SP  Paul Derringer  derripa01   1938
SP  Jon Matlack     matlajo01   1982
code:
CL  Joakim Soria    soriajo01   2010
SU  Tom Henke       henketo01   1982
SR  W. Hernandez    hernawi01   1987
SR  Rafael Soriano  soriara01   2003
MR  Chad Bradford   bradfch01   2000
LR  Rick Reuschel   reuscri01   1976
Stadium: The Somali Pirates one
City: Mogadishu

Lineup vs. RHP
code:
LF  L   Ted Williams
RF  L   Babe Ruth
1B  L   Buck Leonard
DH  L   Babe Ruth
CF  S   Mickey Mantle
SS  L   The MACHINE
C   L   Bill Dickey
2B  L   Lou Whitaker
3B  S   Frankie Frisch
Lineup vs. LHP
code:
LF  L   Ted Williams
RF  L   Babe Ruth
CF  S   Mickey Mantle
DH  L   Babe Ruth
SS  R   Joe Cronin
1B  L   Buck Leonard
C   S   Wally Schang
2B  L   The MACHINE
3B  S   Frankie Frisch
Hit and Run: -5
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: -5
Extra Bases: -2
Steal Bases: -5
Tag Up: -2
Pitch Out: 0
Intentional Walk: -5
Pitch Around: -3
Infield In: 0
Guard Lines: 0
Cutoff Throws: 0
Pinch Hit: -2
Pinch Run: -3
Defensive Replacements: -2
Start on Short Rest: 0
Pitch Through Trouble: +1
High Pitch Counts: +2

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I'd be more upset but that's the price I expected to pay for older Collins.

Send down Griffey and Collins, bring up Larkin and Flick to the bench.

Also, everyone retains.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Canadian Championship

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm not going to delay things too long, but if anyone has a dead-ball pitcher and/or a reliever better than what's currently available, let's talk girlfriend!

Wish I hadn't added that last part.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

ForeverBWFC

RNG God is now a right-handed starting pitcher.

Then move him to #5 in the rotation. Martinez catches for Carlton and John. Rolen returns to 3B full-time, Snider gets promoted to the bench and McDowell joins AAA.

New Batting Order
#1: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#2: Al Simmons/Jo Jackson (LF)
#3: Ed Delahanty (DH)
#4: Babe Ruth (RF)
#5: Carlos Beltran (CF)
#6: John Olerud (1B)
#7: Scott Rolen (3B)
#8: Cal Ripken (SS)
#9: Ted Simmons/Victor Martinez (C)

Pick 'em!
All champs lose.